The Alpha's Human Mate

By BeaWinters

Alec Woods, the Alpha of the Silver Blood pack, is twenty two and in search of his mate. And he finally meet... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Holy Crap
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Please Read! ♥
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Not An Update
Chapter 17
Author's note
Chapter 18
chapter 19
#PrayForParis
Untitled
Hey Guys!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 16

39.6K 1.4K 274
By BeaWinters

Hey guys!

I know, I Know. I hate me too!

But here's a new chapter! I have a lot on my plate right now! And I had to wait till I wrote. I didn't want to write a shitty chapter for y'all! Hopefully this is good enough!

Dedicated to @PennameWriter Because I had a nice time talking to her!

Riley Chance's POV.

It has been nearly two days now but Nick still hasn't manned up and left. I mean they're just a couple of bruises.

I don't understand why now of all times, when I'm finally happy, would someone come and try to ruin it. It sounds like a typical daily soap or a very cheesy and unoriginal book.

But I've been spending more time with Alec, and my heart isn't mine anymore. Everytime I see him, my heart goes into overdrive. Everytime he speaks, I get lost in his deep baritone. It's scary because I've never fallen this hard. I don't think I have ever fallen for anyone.

It's very scary. Knowing that he holds some part of me. It makes me feel slightly vulnerable.

Anyway, my shift had just gotten over and Jamie and I were leaving. Alec and his younger brother, Nate, who's dating Jamie, were taking us on double dates. We're going to the next town, at some posh Italian place called Emilia.

"Umm, Jamie?" I asked hesitantly.

Jamie looks at me, while we're leaving The Inn, "Yes?"

"I was wondering... If you maybe, I don't know, wanna get dressed together?" I winced at how desperate I sounded.

Jamie laughed at me, making me feel embarrassed. "Aww, Riles, you actually thought you were going to get dressed alone?"

"Umm..." I started awkwardly.

"You make me laugh, Riles." Jamie laughed, "You're my girlfriend. I am always going to help you get dressed."

My heart sored in happiness. I've never had a girlfriend before. "Aww, Jamie. That means alot to me. "

Jamie smiled at me. "Okay. That's enough. This too mushy for me." She said as she shoved me playfully.

"okay." I Said, "By the way, what about your clothes?"

Jamie gave me a look, "Did you really think I was going to come without my dress? Gosh, Riles, They're in my car. let's go."

I nodded and followed her to truck. "Wasn't this the truck that would never break?" I asked cheekily remembering the first time we had gone to the club.

She blushed. "Well, impossible is nothing." and opened the door.

"Poor Nick." I snorted while sitting in. "He has to deal with you."

I had expected Jamie to laugh or tease Me, but I heard a low growl leave her throat. My eyes widened as I saw her brown eyes turn slightly black as her grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"Jamie?" I asked as I placed a hand on her arm.

She immediately relaxed and her eyes turned brown again. "Huh?"

"Are you fine?" I asked worried. "Your eyes just turned black, Jamie. And you growled."

Jamie gave me "are you okay?" look. "What are you talking about Riles? How can my eyes change colour? And growl? I'm not some wild animal or anything." Jamie said with a nervous laugh.

I was still skeptical. There was something wrong with the people in this town. Before we had gone to the club, no one ever paid me any attention when I went to local store to buy stuff. Now, everyone literally stares at me as if Angelina Jolie.

"Uh huh." I said. I would turn my horrible Sherlock Holmes skills on later. Right now, I just wanted to have a good time.

"Lets go." She said as she started her truck. I didn't bring my car to The Inn because it was very near from Grandma's house. I usually walked.

We reached Grandma's house in five minutes. I was still feeling this nagging voice in my head which kept on telling me something was wrong.

Oh lord, I've lost it. I thought.

You never had it. My inner voice said in a smart ass voice.

I was just waiting for you. I thought sarcastically.

Everyone does. The voice said snobbishly.

Self-obsessed much? I asked.

Oh please, I'm awesome. The voice said.

Riiiiiight.

"Riles, you okay?" I heard Jamie ask, as she shaked me slightly.

"Huh, what?" I asked a little dazed.

"I called you twice but you just spaced out." Jamie asked, concern laced in her voice.

"Oh, yeah. I was uh, just thinking."

"About what?" Jamies asked as I got out and we walked to the front door to Grandma's house. She had a bag in her hand which probably had her dress.

"Nothing important." I said nonchalantly, but I saw that Jamie wasn't satisfied with my answer but she didn't push me.

"Grandma, I'm home." I yelled.

"In the kitchen, Riley." Grandma yelled.

I quickly went to the Kitchen and saw her making a pie. "Grandma, Jamie and I are going out with Alec and Nate, okay? So, I might get a little late."

Grandma nodded at me. "Alright, but home before midnight."

"Grandma, I'm twenty two. Come on, why do I have to come home before midnight?" I asked angrily.

"You're under my roof, Riley." Grandma hissed. "You follow my rules while you're here."

Suddenly my anger rocketed out of the roof. Something inside me felt enraged at the tone she used. It was if I wanted her to bow in front of me and apologize. I was confused now. And scared.

I took a step back, trying to control myself and I could see that Grandma too was scared. I could see the fear in her eyes, and somehow, it felt nice.

I was very scared now. Why did I want my Grandma to be scared of me? Why did I feel nice to see her cower? I was acting like a monster.

The room was filled with an air of awkwardness and tension. I didn't know how to react. How could I face Grandma? I wanted her to-

Submit. My inner voice piped.

I really don't have time for you. I said in a frustrated tone.

You wanted her to submit. You didn't like the tone she used with us. The voice said.

Us?

Yes, us.

"Riley, sweetheart, can you do me a favor?" Grandma asked hesitantly in a quiet voice.

"Uh, y-yeah." I stammered.

"Can you go check on Nick for me? I think he's in the backyard. He semester very down last I talked to him." Grandma said politely.

I was surprised by her behaviour but something told me this is how it was supposed to be. "Su-Sure."

Jamie was sitting in the living area on one of the sofas. She was on her phone probably talking to Nate.

"Jamie, why don't you go upstairs? I need to check on Nick." I said.

Jamie nodded at me, but she seemed worried. I could see her feeling slightly scared. I shrugged this horrible feeling I was getting and went to the backyard.

I saw Nick sitting under one of the trees. He looked very sad. He looked as if someone told him his puppy died.

I went towards him and sat next to him. "Hey."

"Hey." Nick said but his voice cracked.

I was immediately worried. Nick never cried. "Nick, are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah. What's wrong with me?" Nick said with a forced laugh.

"Come on, Nick don't lie to me."

He didn't answer me. He kept avoiding my gaze and looked forward.

"Nick, come on. It's me Riley. What's wrong?" I asked. Nick never ever behaved like this. He was always the arrogant, selfish man who thought he was better than everyone else.

"You'll judge me."

"Nick, you know I'll never judge you. We used to friends before we dated. You used to tell me about your day and what was going on. You still can." I said softly.

Nick didn't say anything.

"Ni-"

"I'm GAY!" He yelled.

I was shocked. This couldn't be true. Nick always checked girls out and he never tried to hide it. Hell, he came here to "Win me back".

"See, even you're judging me. This is why I didn't want to te-" Nick started but I cut him off.

"Nick I don't care if you like girls or guys. You were my first friend in New York. You supported me for a long time. You gave me a place to stay. You still are my friend, and nothing will change that." I said.

Nick stared at me for a few moments and finally said,"Thanks."

We were both quiet for sometime when I finally asked.

"When did you realize?"

Nick chuckled humorlessly. "A few months after we dated. I told my parents and my Mom said, and I quote, I was an abomination. She said the devil was inside me. My dad said that this was just a phase and that I should keep on dating you. He thought you would change my mind."

I was appalled. Nick's Mom, Lilian, always seemed like a nice lady and always treated me so nicely. She always told me I was good for Nick.

I finally understood what she meant.

"Nick!"

"Don't, okay? I don't need your pity or anything. She hates me and it hurts but I'll deal with it." Nick said angrily.

"Nick, what she said was wrong! You're her child. How can anyone be so cruel?"

"Riley, it's fine." Nick said but I could hear the pain in his voice.

I immediately hugged him. "No, Nick, it's not fine. What she said and did was horrible! Your parents should've accepted you!"

I could feel Nick starting to shake a bit, and I realised he was crying. His entire persona was fake. He was just trying to fit in and be accepted by his family.

"Oh Nick. I'm here for you." I said, as I hugged him tightly.

"She called today and said I was not her child. Her son died a long time ago." Nick cried. "Why does she hate me? I can't help who I am. Why, Riley, why?"

"Because she's a horrible person. She doesn't love you, Nick. But I do. Your friends and my Grandma does. It's fine, Nick. I'm here for you. I'll always be there for you." I said as I hugged him even more tightly.

Nick just cried.

And all of a sudden, I heard a loud growl. It was so loud that I could have heard it till New York. Nick and I broke apart.

I saw Alec standing there. His eyes were murderous. He looked scary and he walked towards us slowly. He looked as if he would kill Nick and me. His body was trembling and he looked like he could snap at the smallest thing.

He pulled Nick from his collar, "She Is MINE!" He yelled. "She is MINE! MINE! I won't let you steal her! I'll kill you before you think about it!"

And then he started punching Nick. Nick immediately fell down. He didn't even have the time to put up a fight. I was so scared of Alec.

There was blood all over Nick's face and Alec's knuckles.

Nate started to pull Alec, but Alec just pushed him away. "MINE!"

Jamie and Grandma came outside, probably due to the commotion. Jamie whimpered when she saw Nate on the ground and went towards him.

Grandma came towards me, "Go to him, Riley. Only you can calm him down."

I stared at her as if she was crazy. "He's lost it. He'll hurt me too. I'm scared."

Grandma looked at me with an unwavering look and said, "He'll never hurt you."

I stared at her and then looked at Alec and a passed out Nick. "Alec, pl-please stop." I cried.

Alec didn't even acknowledge me.

"Alec stop. Please. I'm scared Alec. Come back to me, Alec." I cried. I saw Alec still for a minute.

He looked at me, and immediately got off Nick. He walked towards me but I took a step back. I was scared of what he had become.

His eyes immediately hardened. He looked at me one last time before he walked off.

Follow him. He needs us. The voice said worriedly.

I immediately followed him out ignoring my Grandma, Jamie and Nate's protests.

And what I saw shocked me.

There was Alec on the road, standing as he looked up at the sky, and let out a howl, before turning into a wolf.

And that was the last thing I saw before my world started spinning around, and I crashed into a vortex, and everything around me blackened.

*****

Soo..??? How was it?

Anyway, I posted the first chapter of "Take the fall" and also a new project called "Bluebird"

bluebird, is kind of based on Noodles, Mandy and I. Hopefully you guys will read it.

And, I know, I'm a horrible person for not updating earlier.

Sorry!

Okay, so, Question of the Chapter :

Chocolate ice cream or Nutella?

Personally for me? That's like choosing between Chris Collins and Brent! It's not possible. At least not for me! :(

Anyway, vote, comment and follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 9.4K 33
I smell the scent again and look around and my eyes met his bright green ones my biggest bully the soon to be alpha of my pack. Lucifer Rossi oh god...
1.3M 29.7K 31
Sadie O' Connell couldn't wait to meet her mate. She had always seen how her mother and father loved each other, which is something she couldn't wait...
165K 4.2K 96
Erica is a natural Alpha female who is adored and cherished by the majority of the Werewolf clan's Alphas. She visits another pack and discovers that...
93.6K 3.1K 20
Sierra is about to turn 18 and she and her wolf have decided that if Angus the son of the Alpha is still her mate they will reject him. He ignored t...