A Walk to Remember - [F1 - Da...

Por AnnaRainF1

As the Maid of Honour at her best friends wedding, will one of the groomsmen sweep Scarlett off her feet? Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 - The End
Sequel!!

Chapter 3

10.1K 167 34
Por AnnaRainF1

Scarlett woke up to the sun streaming into her bed. She was still on top of her covers after passing out the night before. She checked her phone. 8:05am. She sat up quickly, checked her notes. She had some time to kill before she had to go pick up the rest of the bridesmaids from the airport.

She got up and got dressed. She threw on a pair of light wash jeans, white cropped t-shirt and a pair of birkenstocks. She wanted to grab a coffee, so she set out to the streets to find a place to sit and enjoy the views.

A couple blocks away she found a cute cafe and went inside to wait in line. She was standing behind a group of men, when she noticed a flat brimmed hat in the group in front of her.

"Max?" She said rather boldly.

He turned around, "Hey" he said, recognizing her. "Is it Scarlett? Right?" He asked.

She smiled "Yes."

The other three men turned around to face her, a man with a backwards hat and the bluest eyes Scarlett had ever seen. The second one had green eyes and dark brown hair, she would say he was classically handsome. Then she looked to the third guy, and it was Daniel, smiling from ear to ear. Daniel stepped forward and patted her on the back. "This is the one who ran me over at the airport," he laughed.

The group chuckled at that statement. Max introduced the two other men to Scarlett. "This is Pierre" He said as the man with the backwards cap shook her hand "And this is Charles" He said and Charles also shook her hand.

"When did you two get in for the wedding?" She asked, looking at Charles and Pierre.

"I live here," Charles said with a smile.

"Very cool" Scarlett responded then looked at Pierre.

"I flew in from Milan the other day, I have been staying with this guy" He said pointing at Charles.

"Wow you guys are world travelers" She said to the group.

They smiled and exchanged amused looks. "You could say that," Daniel said with a cheeky smile. "These two round out the groomsmen" He continued.

"Oh well it's good to meet you guys, So you four plus Liam" She said.
Max piped up "Scarlett is the Maid of Honour" Max said filling in Pierre and Charles. They nodded.

"So we will see you tonight then?" Pierre asked.

"Yes, you will. Ah so someone does read the itinerary" She laughed and shot a sarcastic look in Daniels direction.

He laughed. The line moved and the guys ordered their coffee. "What would you like Scarlett?" Daniel asked.

"Oh, don't worry about me, I can get my own" She said.

"Seriously, it's totally fine" He smiled.

"I'll take an Iced coffee, black please!" Scarlett said.

She waited with the group for the coffee to be made.  While waiting, she asked "So are you all childhood friends of Kyle?" She asked.

The exchanged amused looks. "Yup, we have known each other for a long time." Charles said with a smirk.

Scarlett had a puzzled look on her face. "Very cool" She said as the barista had put the coffee on the bar ready for them to drink. Daniel passed out the coffee to the correct people.

"Well thank you for the coffee. I think I should go see some sights as I am only here for spring break, then it's back to work" She said.

"Oh well, we can show you around" Max said with a smile and looked at the others.

"No, don't worry about me," She said.

"Well, Charles here is a native Monegasque" Daniel said, while patting Charles on the back.

Charles winked. "Sure, let's show you around," he said.

The men then proceeded to show Scarlett around the city, the harbour, the casino and the historic downtown area.

At the casino, a couple of people got close to the group of guys and muttered excitedly to each other. Pointed and smiled at the boys and turned around and left. Scarlett was confused by it but she continued following the guys around and asking questions about architecture and what it was like living in a place like this.

The guys ended their quick tour back at the hotel. They had to check in for the next week and a bit of festivities. It was easy enough to shuttle the wedding party to and from events if they were all staying in the same place. 

In the lobby, Liam greeted them all but he quickly pulled Scarlett out of the group "We have to go pick up Thomas and the others from the airport" He said. "Hasn't he called you?" Liam said quickly .

Scarlett pulled out her phone, there were two missed calls. "Oh ya, he did, we should go" she turned her attention to the guys. "Thanks for the tour, it was great to see so many things" She waved and followed Liam out to his rental car he opened the door for her and she hopped in the passenger seat. He smiled at her and he got in and started the drive to the airport.
"So, you lost track of time eh?" Liam said smiling and raising an eyebrow to Scarlett.

"Ya, the guys were just showing me around. I ran into them at a cafe this morning"  she explained.

"Thomas is going to be so riled up when we get there" He laughed.

Scarlett laughed "Definetly" she said.

Thomas was Mia and Scarlett's best guy friend. He had recently moved to Vancouver BC for work, but when he moved to town when he was 10, Mia, Scarlett, and Thomas were inseparable. He was there when Mia and Kyle met, he roomed with them at McGill University. He was a great friend, his partner Dylan was also an amazing guy. Unfortunately Dylan wasn't able to make it to the wedding, She was just glad to have the three musketeers reunited for such an important moment in Mia's life.

They eventually got to the airport and Scarlett quickly got out and ran into the arrival terminal. Liam followed behind her. As soon as she entered she could see Thomas pacing, just behind him she could see Jane, Amelia and Anna.

She ran up and tapped Thomas on the shoulder. He spun around quickly. His eyes met Scarletts and he dramatically clung onto her. "Thank god" he half yelled. "I thought we were stranded." he exclaimed.

"You would have never been stranded," Scarlett laughed.

Liam came up and put an arm around Scarlett, "You would have been stranded if it weren't for me" He said to Thomas giving Scarlett a flirty look. Thomas looked from Scarlett to Liam... then widened his eyes at Scarlett, giving her a 'what is going on here' look. Scarlett shrugged and gave him a clueless look back. She had felt that Liam had been acting differently the past two days, but didn't know why.

"Liam!!" Squealed Amelia, as she ran up and gave him a big hug. Amelia grew up dancing with Mia, and has had an obsession with Liam since she was 5. Everyone knew that she loved him but he didn't think of her that way at all.

Scarlett gave Anna and Jane a hug. They were twins and their parents had a cabin next to Mia and Liam's family. So every summer as a kid Thomas and Scarlett would hang out with them at the lake. It was fun now, when they would visit the Lake, they would bring their little ones with them. Anna and Jane both were married but their husbands stayed behind to look after the kids back home. It was an expensive trip to make as a family.

The group gathered all their luggage and loaded it into the SUV. Liam closed the trunk and got into the driver's seat. Scarlett, who was in the passenger seat, turned around to the back of the SUV. "We are all here, are you guys ready for an amazing 2 weeks!" She said excitedly.

"Woooo" They cheered.

Scarlett smiled and turned back around. She looked over at Liam who was looking at her "I'm glad Mia has such a great friend like you" he smiled sweetly at her then returned his attention to the road.

Scarlett's phone buzzed. It was a text from Thomas "HE IS FLIRTING" She had to stop herself from laughing out loud at that. Liam always saw Scarlett as a sister. There was no way. She turned around to glare and shake her head at Thomas. Who was just nodding his head yes in the most dramatic way possible.

When they arrived at the hotel, Anna, Jane and Amelia checked into their room. And Thomas brought his luggage up to Scarlett's room. Thomas was bringing his suitcase in from the hallway when the door next to their room opened.

Scarlett could swear that she could see his smile before anything else. Daniel spoke up "Hey, you must be Scarlett's boyfriend" and extended his hand to Thomas.

Scarlet who was standing behind Thomas and watched this exchange happen. Thomas dramatically dropped his bag and started howling. "Her??" He pointed at Scarlett. "She is definitely not my type" He laughed.

Scarlett loved Thomas's dramatic side and played along, she acted hurt holding her hand to her chest. "Ouch" She said with her brows furrowed.

Daniel looked at Scarlett confused.

Scarlett looked at Thomas and they started to laugh. "My type is more of the male persuasion" Thomas said confidently and looked Daniel up and down, raising his eyebrows in approval. He picked up his bag and continued to walk into the room without another word to Daniel.

That left Daniel and Scarlett standing in the hallway. "Thanks again for the tour" She smiled.

"No worries, but also. What just happened?" He said still in disbelief.

"Don't worry, that's Thomas. He is very excitable, and he is away from his boyfriend for the next two weeks. Dylan usually tames him" She laughed. "I will miss that guy" She said with a laugh, looking into her hotel room at Thomas.

"Now it makes sense," Daniel said, crossing his arms and leaning on the doorway of his room.

Scarlett was curious about this man in front of her. He seemed so carefree. "So do you get a roommate like mine for the next two weeks?" She asked, searching for more information.

"Nope, just me, myself and I"  he said with a wide smile.

"If we are ever too loud, please let me know" She said with a chuckle. "We don't want to disturb you," She continued.

"You could never disturb me" He winked.

"Hey Daniel!" Someone yelled from down the hall. Scarlett turned around. Liam was walking towards them.

"Hey Liam, need something?" He asked as he approached.

Liam looked at Scarlett and put his arm around her and patted her on the head "Is this kiddo bugging you?" He asked.

Scarlett removed his hand from her shoulder and the other from her head and shot him a frustrated look.

"Not at all, it does look like you are bugging her though" Daniel said to him.

Scarlett was shocked that he could realize that. She looked at him thankfully, he smiled quickly then returned to looking at Liam.
"Oh I could never bug her, we go way back right Scarlett?" He said, patting her on the back.

"I guess, ya" She said unsure.

Liam looked at her then back at Daniel "I have to go to the steakhouse early to get things set up. Can I ask you to get the other guys to the steakhouse at 8?" He asked.

"No problem" Daniel said

"I'm going to excuse myself" Scarlett said quietly and left to go into her hotel room. Daniel winked at her then returned to his conversation with Liam. She smiled meekly back and closed the door.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

284K 4.6K 61
Jona is your typical student. Loves to party, enjoys life, but most of all wants to thrive. Being given the assignment to find an internship for her...
361K 7.1K 48
Lando's best friend, Alya Ricciardi, is a YouTuber and influencer with many fans all over the world. When she realizes that just traveling the world...
19.6K 868 21
Daughter of a fallen former Formula 1 pilot, Camila has had only one mission since her early childhood : to disappear from the public eye and the jou...
407K 9.2K 50
~ '𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫' ~ ❝You know I'll w...