Imagination Is Everything

By BoundInChains9793

Alive for centuries, she's roamed the world, unknown and all alone. Hidden away in her burrow, buried undern... More

The Last Thing I Remembered
How's It Goin' In The Afterlife?
Story Time! On Easter!
'White Bunny'
I Wanna Know The Truth, North
"The Wind In The Willows"
Best Thing I've Ever Witnessed And Done
More Than One Evil
Nursery Rhyme Annie
Don't Race A Rabbit, Lassie
I'm Faster! No, I'm Faster!
Duh-Ta Duh
The Legendary Four Horsemen
Targets Locked. We're Not The Only Ones
You've Been Strong For Far Too Long
Speedy Gonzales
Castello D'Ambrosio
Keeping Up With My Pretences
You Used To Call Me Amadea
Remember Me, Aster
If You Stay
Monster
Ointment Brought Us Together
Fluff or Lemon?
The Pure and The Tainted
Love Hurts
The Fear of Doubt
Murderer
For Our Sake
Aster, Baby
Round And Round The Merry Go Round

Amor Es Una Gran Cosa, Ramona

1.5K 50 3
By BoundInChains9793

PLEASE READ THIS OR YOU MIGHT GET CONFUSED WITH THIS NEW UPDATE!

WITH EVERY # # # IT MEANS THAT THE SCENE CHANGES FROM ONE TO A DIFFERENT ONE.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, CONTINUE WITH YOUR READING!!

HEART BUTTON'S UP THERE IF YOU NEED IT 

_________________________________________________________________________

# # #

"Ammo! Heading your way!"

My ears immediately turned to the direction of the voice. I whipped my head around and to see Miguel, a ball at his feet as he dribbled it away from our opponents, dodging foot after foot.  All our opponents are now looking around for me. This was only a friendly match between our small village and the bucks from the next town. So even if we did use each other's names, they wouldn't know which one was which.

I quickly looked around for an empty and clear spot, determined to make a comeback at our 4-6 score. There were 7 minutes left in the the second half of the game. Our 'coach', Juan, had put saved me for last, to throw the other team off. And impressively, it worked. Juan had told me to wait till a few minutes before the game ended to finally show them the potential I had, even if I was just a doe.

But we all know damn well I wasn't no ordinary dame.

I ran towards the left, where there was no one defending, leaving their goalie completely exposed and vulnerable. They all turned their heads, eyes wide. The ball was then fired at me.

I twisted my body and let the ball bounce off of my chest, and letting it fall to my feet.

Finally.

It was my turn.

And there they came; charging at me at full speed, some still trying to get over their momentary shock at seeing a doe play 'a buck's game'. I merely grinned back at their shocked faces when they saw how fast I really was. I gave them a small salute before I took off with the ball.

My teammates all grinned at me as we quickly and efficiently scored two more goals, passing back and forth so fast that the other team could barely even catch up. My feet were lightning fast, a very unusual pair; even for a full-grown Pooka. I dribbled the ball with speed and skill, directing it away from their attacking feet and their attempts to snatch the ball back to their side. But with me finally in the game, they didn't stand a chance.

It was now a tie of 6-6 with the remaining time of 35 seconds left in the game. Sweat had started to cloak my fur, making it seem slightly matted and messy, sticking in all directions. But I didn't care. All of my focus was directed into the game.

The game we were going to win.

# # #

"But Mama-" I had started to protest before my mother cut me off. "No buts, Ramona," she looked at me sternly, crossing her arms across her apron-clad chest. "Prince Vidal is having a ball to further his search for a bride, and insisted that all the doe's in the land attend. Mated or not."

"Dios mío! Mamá, estás haciendo que suene similar a la de la Cenicienta ahora!"

"Oh God! Mom, you're making it sound like Cinderella now!"

"No es tan bueno? Por lo menos tienes que ir a una bola."

"Isn't that a good thing? At least you get to go to a ball."

"Cenicienta quería ir a por la pelota, pero no!"

"Cinderella wanted to go to the ball, but I don't!"

"Enough, Ramona," she sighed. "It's only for one night, Ammo. One night. That's all I ask," she looked at me pleadingly. "And it's time you started looking for a potential mate, whether you like it or not. Even though the prince is only looking for a doe, he also invited all the bucks to attend." she started again. "I know how much you don't want to, but there will be a time when you will eventually fall in love, Ammo. And love is a beautiful thing."

I sighed in defeat as I nodded, not particularly happy to have let my mother talk me into attending the ball. I had my hopes up in visiting Moonie on Earth. Guess it wasn't going to happen. Not tonight, it's not.

I groaned as I trudged into my closet, tossing stuff around while trying to find something appropriate to wear. I didn't own many dressed since I never really wear them anyway. I mainly wore the hand-me-downs from my brothers. I didn't have any sisters, so you couldn't really blame me for turning out the way I am. But I have people who love me for who I am. So it really doesn't bother me much when the Rodriguez family from across the street start saying nasty stuff about me.

"I figured you wouldn't actually have anything to wear, so I helped prepare your dress for you," I whipped around to see my mother in the doorway, a dark dress bag thing, whatever you call it, in her paws. "Mama, you didn't have to-" "Ah, but I wanted to," she smiled at me.

"But you know the shops here don't sell anything I like," I grumbled, crossing my arms across my chest, staring at the bag halfheartedly. "I know."

"Which is why I decided to make this myself."

I climbed up the stairs to the castle after being dropped off along with my 8 older brothers by a carriage my mother had rented for the night. My mother had insisted on staying home to take care of my younger twin siblings, Dante and Jules. My brothers were all looking rather dapper in their suits with their masks in hand. Five of them were hand in hand with their mates, leaving the four of us left to go stag.

I kept twitching around in my dress, not really used to the smooth and silky material against my fur that was so used to being covered in muck and sweat. I looked down doubtfully at my dress. My mother was right about knowing exactly what I liked. This dress was definitely different compared to the store-bought ones or the extremely expensive custom-made ones the other more well-off doe's were wearing.

My dress was a beautiful royal red colour that set off my pure white coat of fur; although plain, stood out with the black floral prints that my mom had done herself. The jewelry that my mother had insisted that I wear, shining blood red rubies dripping from my neck, once a gift from my dad to my mom, had been passed down to me. I had changed the leather bindings on my feet to newer looking ones, as well as taken off the leather armbands that always adorned my arms, in exchange for ones in a darker colour, beautiful black ones with a red hue, again, a gift from my dad to my mom when they were younger. My mom had insisted that I go with a fresh face, only applying bits of mascara and a dark red lipstick to my already red lips, completing the whole vintage Victorian look I was going for.

Bucks were turning heads in my way, jaws agape as some of them who recognized me saw their little Winchester turn from a tomboy to a properly and beautifully groomed doe. As flattering as it was, I hated the attention. And my brothers knew it, too. So they each formed a protective circle around me, shielding me from the stares that were being thrown at me from all directions. I was thankful for the mask, putting it on so that no more people could recognize me.

And just like that, we entered the palace doors.

# # #

"And then, stubbornly, the little deer ignored her mother's warning and wandered off into the forest."

"Her nose twitched in excitement as she had never explored this part of the forest before," I read out of the book I was holding as the kits sitting cross-legged on the floor listened to the story intently, their innocent and wide eyes shining as the story quickly picked up their interest and attention. Their ears stood rigid and erect, eager to catch every single word that leaves my lips. I ran a tongue over my chapped lips, taking a quick gulp out of the glass of water that was given to me by the old couple who had owned the orphanage.

"She saw many exciting things," I read on, smiling softly at their excited facial expressions. "She saw colourful flowers peaking from each and every surface of the forest. Tiny woodland animals had already come out to play. The birds were singing and chirping an unfamiliar tune that slowly got the attention of the young deer."

"And just as she was stooping into a small little crook in between two majestic Oak trees, she-"

"Alright, kids. Story times' over," I got cut off by Mrs.Sanchez who had been leaning against the doorway, listening in on the story for the day. The kits all whined sounds of disappointment, begging for me to carry on. But I took a quick glance up at the wall clock by the doorway and shook my head sadly.

"I'm sorry, kiddos. I really should be goin' now," I said with a heavy heart. As much as I needed to, I didn't want to leave. Not when the magic was starting to happen all over again. Just when the joy had finally reached the eyes of the orphaned kits. Damn my bloody errands.

"I'll be back tomorrow," I tried to sound light and carefree, not wanting for the kits to catch on to my disappointment, wanting for them to hold on to the momentary joy I had brought to them a little longer.

"You know what," I suddenly chirped, an idea suddenly popping up in mind. "Why don't I bring in some of my old books for you all tomorrow? I'll even teach you how to read," I grinned down at them. "Really?" one chestnut coloured kit asked me in disbelief. "Yes, really," I bent down, patting her on her soft head.

"But aren't we too young?" asked another one, this time a kit with a coat of fur in the colour of dark ash as he cocked his head in confusion. "Naw, kiddo. Ya ain't neva' too young ta learn how to read," I gave him a soft noogie on top of his head, the sounds of his laughter being music to my ears.

"We'll be waiting for you, Miss Ramona," a tiny kit, compared to all the others, clung to my legs, looking up at me with the most beautiful clear blue eyes I have ever seen. "Glad ta hear that, Ari," I chuckled. "And please, lose the formalities and just call me Ammo," I looked at her pointedly, trying to get that piece of information into her head. I didn't like to be acknowledged with the formalities of either 'Miss' or 'M'am' or by my full name. I preferred something short and simple.

"Goodbye, kiddos. Be back tomorrow," I grinned back at them as I left through the doorway.

# # #

"Stop kidding yourself, Lorenzo. You can't ever beat Ammo when it comes to speed," my brother Chresanto shook his head, looking up at Lorenzo and me from his stopwatch, smirking slightly at Lorenzo's breathless expression. "Ammo is the fastest doe around, Lorenzo. There's no way anyone can ever beat her," piped up Lorenzo's best friend, Quincey, as he gave him a pat on the back and me our group's signature handshake.

"How the hell are you so goddamn fast, Ammo?" he asked in disbelief, still not quite comprehending seeing me zooming past him and getting that much amount of space and distance between us in such a short time. "What can I say, Renzo? I was born with these feet," I shrugged, as if it didn't at all faze me.

"Don't be so quick to judge, you guys," a voice called out from behind us. We all looked over in the direction, seeing one of Lorenzo's other friends, Pedro, walking in our direction, an almost smug expression on his face.

The I noticed the young buck behind him, following Pedro over to us. He had raised an eyebrow at me, as if surprised to see me, a doe, here out of all places. He must not be from here. Because I sure haven't seen him here before.

His fur, which I had originally thought to be just a plain grey, had actually been tinged with a blueish hue when the sunlight finally hit him, clearing up all the fuzzy features I wasn't able to make out before.

He was a tall fella, way taller than Lorenzo and his group of friends. He looked to be almost the same height as my oldest brother, Azul, who was only a few inches taller than me. I was known for towering over most of the bucks in our tiny village, as well as the doe's, making it seem impossible for me to find a suitor who was taller than me. As he neared, I saw a pair of beautiful green eyes on the mystery bunny, and they were a fairy-tale kind of green, a shade like no other I've ever seen.

His stance was tall and confident. Not too cocky, but not slouching, either. He held himself with pride, head held high and shoulders back. But judging by the look in his eyes, he didn't let his pride get in the way of things too often.

And I really respected that.

"Remember the friend I told you about?" Pedro asked, folding his arms across his puffed up chest that was filled with way too much pride for my liking. "Yea. What 'bout 'im?" I asked, looking at the buck behind him curiously as I cocked and eyebrow at him. "How would you like to race him, Ammo?" Pedro asked- no, dared me, with the look he was giving me. He knew just how to pull on my competitive strings.

"Sure," I shrugged, thinking lightly of the situation. I held out a paw to the buck who was now watching me with his curious emerald green eyes. "Name's Ammo. Close friends call me by my middle name, Amadea. What's yers?" I asked him.

"Aster. Just call me Aster."

# # #

______________________________________________________________________

There ya go!! An extra long chapter!!

I've been writing as much as I can nowadays. Though I'm not sure whether you all want me to get on with the story or not.

Am I procrastinating too much?

Am I dragging out way more than I should? 

Should I just get to the point?

Tell me!! Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

And not sure whether you have noticed, but there is a copyrighted version of this story that someone who doesn't have the tendency or the courtesy to ask for permission to use the words in the summary, the chapters and basically everything in it.

You know who you are.

And yes. You got me really pissed.

Anyways, Heart button is always up there when you need it.

SPREAD THE LOVE AND HEART AWAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 5.5K 22
Y/N. Is different from everyone else. She's not a normal human or should we said not a human. She's been living with human since she was a kid and sh...
9.6K 225 22
Rise of the Guardians oneshots. JackRabbit
54.5K 1.5K 20
You live a life of solitude and theft, but you can't complain it's the only life you know. One night, you're taken by five strangers who call themsel...
469K 15.4K 53
❄ Born out of twigs and leaves she had to stop her worst enemy. Follow her story together with her fellow guardian friends at a big adventure. We hum...