Imagination Is Everything

By BoundInChains9793

Alive for centuries, she's roamed the world, unknown and all alone. Hidden away in her burrow, buried undern... More

The Last Thing I Remembered
How's It Goin' In The Afterlife?
Story Time! On Easter!
'White Bunny'
I Wanna Know The Truth, North
"The Wind In The Willows"
Best Thing I've Ever Witnessed And Done
More Than One Evil
Nursery Rhyme Annie
Don't Race A Rabbit, Lassie
I'm Faster! No, I'm Faster!
Duh-Ta Duh
The Legendary Four Horsemen
Targets Locked. We're Not The Only Ones
You've Been Strong For Far Too Long
Speedy Gonzales
Castello D'Ambrosio
Amor Es Una Gran Cosa, Ramona
You Used To Call Me Amadea
Remember Me, Aster
If You Stay
Monster
Ointment Brought Us Together
Fluff or Lemon?
The Pure and The Tainted
Love Hurts
The Fear of Doubt
Murderer
For Our Sake
Aster, Baby
Round And Round The Merry Go Round

Keeping Up With My Pretences

1.7K 49 2
By BoundInChains9793

And again. The ones written in this style of font are a character's thoughts or the present. The ones written in this style of font are a character's memories or the past.

________________________________________________________________________

Bunny's POV

I watched as the female figure slept in my queen-sized bed, the soft rise and fall of her chest indicating that she was sound asleep. Her breathing was calm and steady, a much better improvement compared to her previous uneven and ragged one. Her soft, sweet and spicy scent of a peculiar, yet intoxicating, mix of cinnamon and rain wafted up to my sensitive nose and traveled up my nostrils. Her scent had triggered something inside of me. It was unusual, but it wasn't not good, either.

She nearly scared the living shit out of all of us back at the Castello when she had collapsed from sheer exhaustion. Her body was glowing so brightly, a swirling ball of indigo at the very tips of her fingers growing larger and larger with each and every chant that she made. Her voice had not been her own, a hauntingly beautiful one had replaced it, like liquid gold. It was so smooth and velvety, I almost couldn't believe that it came from her.

Thankfully I had been able to catch her just as she was about to hit the ground.

"What the bloody hell happened ta her?" I demanded, my eyes darting from one person to another in panic. The others were looking at Ammo, concerned and trying to get close to her. But I pulled her away from their reach, clutching her shivering body in my arms. She was the very last of the female Pookas. She was the very last one besides me. And I didn't want to lose her too. I didn't want to be alone again.

"She used up too much of her energy to create Febe," one of the...T'Dykes, if I wasn't mistaken, was what they were called, spoke up. "This is what happens if she overdo's herself and what her body can handle," another one spoke up. "Then why didn't anyone stop the Sheila?" I asked, worry clouding my mind and etching itself onto my face. "Because if you stop her while she's in the middle of creating, her energy and her abilities would have gone to waste and Febe would have become an Uncompleted One."

I remembered her body refusing to relax as she remained tense no matter how I held her. I remembered the crimson coloured blood that stained her snowy white fur, tainting its pure colour. I rubbed my thumb over her hand as I tried to rid myself of the memory. But the image of her suffering like that had been forever imprinted onto the back of my mind, the picture still fresh even though it had been almost a full day since the incident.

"When she decides to create, she has to complete them," one piped up. "Or else there would be severe consequences, depending on the object she's creating," one continued as they slowly started to crowd into the room.

"Everyone should get back to work. Let us handle this," Febe finally spoke up in a strong and commanding voice once she finally realized where she was. The T'Dykes filed out of the room, only a few remaining to help Febe.

Febe went over to one of the shelves and ran a finger over the labelled bottles until she found the one she was looking for. "Ah hah!" she exclaimed, picking the small bottle that was filled with a clear green liquid. She grabbed a syringe from one of the cabinets and used it to suck up some of the liquid. She placed the bottle back onto the shelf and walked over to me.

I eyed her warily, especially at the sharp end of the syringe she was holding. I didn't want anyone touching her, but North put a large hand on my shoulder, indicating for me to let her help her.

I finally let her body go reluctantly, my grip on her loosening. Febe gave me a reassuring smile as she gently handled Ammo, pushing the tip of the needle into her, penetrating the surface of her skin. "According to the memories of her and Daphne she gave me when she created me, Daphne had specially created this concoction whenever this happened," she said as she pulled the needle out after injecting Ammo with it.

I stared at her face, a now calm expression occupied it. Her pinkish lips were parted slightly as she snored softly, her nose twitching ever so often. I had never looked at anyone the same way I looked at her before. And it certainly wasn't because of the fact that she was one of the very last of our species, either.

I placed a hand on her forehead, feeling it start to heat up again. I quickly grabbed the piece of wet cloth and dipped it into the small basin of cold water I had placed on my bedside table, placing it on her forehead to cool her down.

Febe had said that she'd fall in and out of fevers after the nosebleeds and hallucinations. She had warned me about the hallucinations and had me keep shackles on her wrists and ankles until after the hallucinations passed. Although part of me was thinking erotically, she had explained the whole hallucination thing.

Since she specialized in the imaginations of children, and possibly everyone else in the world, she stores every idea that comes across and individual's mind in her own mind. Her hallucinations are merely caused by thoughts and ideas getting the best of her, escaping the confinements of her eidetic memory. So Febe advised to not let her get taken over by her thoughts, or else she would do things she wouldn't usually be doing since she would not be completely in control of herself.

"Whenever she'd outdo herself or exert too much of her energy and stretched her ability beyond it's point, it would normally take her a week at most to recover completely. But this liquid speeds up the healing process her body does. So there's really nothing to worry about," she said with a big smile.

North had picked up the bottle of green liquid and inspected it, asking and trying to get Febe to reveal how the concoction had been brewed. But Febe claimed to not know how, only telling him that it had only been instincts. Tooth was fluttering all over the place, now relieved after knowing that Ammo was going to be alright. Sandy and Jack were inspecting the shelves and cupboards full of potions and ingredients, Sandy keeping Jack from touching any of them.

On a normal basis, I would've helped Sandy control the little nuisance right away. But all my attention had been focused on Ammo's well-being, despite Febe's assurance that she was going to be just fine.

"Just don't let her temperature get neither higher or lower. Make sure she isn't exposed to regular water, either," she warned, taking a small vial of what seemed to be a clear, colourless liquid. "If needed, drip a bit of this into the water. Doesn't matter how large the body of water is, this will purify it in seconds." She had given me the small vial, and I had slipped it into an empty pouch on my holster, making sure it was safely tucked in before nodding.

I had nodded at the piece of advice given to me and took her back to my Warren, since she couldn't stay at her place all by herself with nobody to take care of her properly. And I figured that Ammo wouldn't want to distract her Bleems from their work. Without Ammo, each and every one of them had important jobs and assignments to tend to.

"I better be going," I said to them, picking up Ammo's now limp body and gathered her into my arms, carrying her bridal style since there was no other way I could think of to avoid the looks that were being given to me. Only, Febe seemed oblivious to North, Tooth and Jack's teasing looks while the T'Dykes were too busy trying to interact with Sandy to notice. I ignored them and thumped my foot twice against the ground, creating one of my tunnels before jumping into them, carrying Ammo along and bringing her to my home.

The looks that they gave me; They weren't good. They weren't bad, either. But they were quite suggestive. Even when I kept denying them with the look I gave them in my eyes. I wondered how long they would keep this up before they finally let me off the hook completely and just let it all blow over

But I wonder how long I could keep the denial up before my feelings get the best of me.

______________________________________________________________________

Aren't you guys glad to be getting a bit more of Bunnymund now?

We've all got to admit that we are all quite curious as to what Bunnymund is thinking sometimes

I had some extra time to write so yeaa

Heart button up top, babes

Don't fucking care if you punch it, slap it, kick it or full-on machine-gun it, just do it.

Spread the love!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 2.5K 24
Lupa was made a spirit for reasons unknown to her. Ever since her first moment, she'd been all on her own with no one to guide her. Finally, when the...
50.4K 974 21
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy protect the world's children from darkness an...
9.6K 225 22
Rise of the Guardians oneshots. JackRabbit
9.4K 233 23
Welcome to my book! If your looking for an easy read full of fun times and a hint of drama with the obvious romance you've come to the right place! ...