Imagination Is Everything

By BoundInChains9793

Alive for centuries, she's roamed the world, unknown and all alone. Hidden away in her burrow, buried undern... More

The Last Thing I Remembered
How's It Goin' In The Afterlife?
Story Time! On Easter!
'White Bunny'
I Wanna Know The Truth, North
"The Wind In The Willows"
More Than One Evil
Nursery Rhyme Annie
Don't Race A Rabbit, Lassie
I'm Faster! No, I'm Faster!
Duh-Ta Duh
The Legendary Four Horsemen
Targets Locked. We're Not The Only Ones
You've Been Strong For Far Too Long
Speedy Gonzales
Castello D'Ambrosio
Keeping Up With My Pretences
Amor Es Una Gran Cosa, Ramona
You Used To Call Me Amadea
Remember Me, Aster
If You Stay
Monster
Ointment Brought Us Together
Fluff or Lemon?
The Pure and The Tainted
Love Hurts
The Fear of Doubt
Murderer
For Our Sake
Aster, Baby
Round And Round The Merry Go Round

Best Thing I've Ever Witnessed And Done

4.1K 131 18
By BoundInChains9793

Bunny's POV

It's been two weeks already and word of the mystery friend of Sophie's was still freshly imprinted on my mind. I don't know what the hell was I thinking so much. I mean, for we know, she could be imaginary.

Funny, since I was supposed to be 'imaginary' too. And I didn't have a right to say what's real and what's just a fragment of our overactive imaginations.

But I knew she wasn't imaginary. I had the egg that she had specially painted for Sophie.

After examining the egg, I had found a way to open it up without breaking or damaging it. I figured that there was something inside, judging by the weight of the egg. I've been through enough eggs to know which ones were empty and which ones weren't. It had a small drawer in its mid-section. Inside the tiny compartment was an equally tiny booklet, with even tinier words written in it. I'd need a magnifying glass if I wanted to read it.

But I couldn't bring myself to read it. Crikey, it was originally meant for my favourite little ankle bitter. I'd already done enough by taking it from her without her permission and 'forgetting' to return it for two weeks. It wouldn't feel right if I read it before she did.

So that's why I decided to pay the Bennetts a visit. I took the egg along with me, of course. Maybe if I took the booklet to Sophie, she'd know what to do.

Maybe.

. . .

I don't know if it was my imagination going cuckoo or somethin'. But when I popped out of the end of my tunnel, I landed on my feet, just in time to see another hole close up and a quick flash of white.

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes, not believing what I just saw. I looked at the spot where the hole once was, only this time it wasn't a hole; it was a dandelion that replaced it.

I was still staring at the yellow flower, buried in my thoughts.

Is it possible? Could there possibly be another survivor?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a faint "Bunny!" was heard, coming in my direction. I turned around, just to have Sophie cling to my furry legs. I laughed, picking her up in my arms and spinning her around. Then another "Bunny!" was heard, but this time, it came from her brother, Jamie.

"Bunny! What brings you here?" he asked me. I put the little girl I held in my arms down and crouched down. I took out the egg from an egg holster and gave it to Sophie. She looked up at me and looked back at the egg. She took it from my paw and looked at me again.

"I'm sorry, Soph. I forgot I had it with me," I told her sheepishly, which was partially true. I didn't remember the fact that I had the egg in my possessions until a few days ago. She then gave a small giggle and wrapped her arms round my neck. Or at least, tried to. I hugged her back, hearing her say a soft "Thank you, Bunny."

I pulled away from her and commented "You've learned a few more words, huh, Soph?" She nodded her head again, giggling. I ruffled her blonde hair and turned to Jamie.

"I'm here 'cause I found a small compartment in the egg," I answered his previous question. "There was a booklet in there. I was hoping Sophie would know what it was." Jamie then looked from me to his sister, who was already pulling open the drawer and revealing the booklet.

"Hey, Soph. What'cha got there?" Jamie asked her, cocking his head to the side, curious. "It's the booklet I was talkin' about." Sophie gave a soft gasp, and pulled the booklet out, eager. She then gave the booklet to me, motioning for me to read it to her. " I took the booklet, and told her, "Soph, I can't read this. It's too small."

She gave me a look, before she said

"Story time!"

And in an instant, the booklet gave a soft, baby blue glow. I watched in amazement as the book slowly enlarged in size in my very paws. When the blue glow had died down, the booklet had transformed to a decent-sized children's story book. I was amazed, and I had a feeling that Jamie was, too.

I looked up at Sophie, who was clapping her hands together and giggling. "What did ya do, Soph?" I asked, astonished and flabbergasted. Never in all the years I've been here, have I ever seen anything quite like this.

"Story time!" she said again. "Sophie, is there a way to reverse it?" Jamie spoke up, snapping out of his awed state. She nodded and said

"Night night."

And like before, the book glowed in my paws, but this time a turquoise colour as it shrunk back to its tiny size.

"Story time," Jamie tried, hoping for the book to enlarge in size again. But nothing. I tried too, "Story time." But the same results. It wasn't until Sophie said the magic words again, the book grew large again.

"Maybe you need to be a believer for it to actually work," Jamie said to himself, tapping a finger to his chin. I glanced at the cover of the book.

"The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes"

It was an old children's classic, Easter-themed, too.

"Bunny, story time," Sophie urged for me to read. pushing the book closer to me. I looked up and into her bright green eyes with my own and gave her a small smile. "Of course. Anythin' for my little ankle bitter," I chuckled, ruffling her hair before I sat down on the soft grass of their backyard, opening the book and flipping to the first few pages.

I cleared my throat before I started reading Sophie and Jamie the first few lines of the book.

. . .

But little did they know, that their little 'mystery bunny' they were wondering about, was watching them, not too far away.

I smiled, watching as Bunnymund read to the children.

I had done what I came here to do. I had placed the freshly written book on top of Sophie's nightstand. I had finished decorating it with golden linings and swirls, and illustrations and pictures done with my very own paws. I had planned to just drop off the book and get going, but I couldn't help but steal a glance at what my stories did to kids. I had almost forgotten about the smiles that light up the faces of children, the minute the first few words in the beginning of my stories reach their ears.

And it was the best thing I've ever witnessed and done.

It was enough to make me reveal myself to the Guardians.

Almost.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if I'm dragging the story on for too long! But I promise, the next chapter, the mystery bunny WILL meet the Guardians!!

Be patient with me, please!!

I've got cookies and tacos

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 974 21
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy protect the world's children from darkness an...
127K 4.4K 23
First book of the Never Trilogy... As I grew up, my mom would have an explanation for almost everything. Presents at Christmas is Santa. Eggs hidden...
95.7K 2.5K 24
Lupa was made a spirit for reasons unknown to her. Ever since her first moment, she'd been all on her own with no one to guide her. Finally, when the...
93.3K 3.3K 20
Jack Frost is a special kind of lonely. 300 years passed since he woke in that lake, and no one knew he existed. No one could see him. Even the Moon...