𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 ━━━...

By butterflyrepose

i long to exist in the spaces of your heart, where no one has ever been ©butterflyrepose 2024 More

oi.
oii.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
season's greetings
breakfast with the tonk's
dementor dementor
the missing tea leaves
fear resides in us all
mirror mirror on the wall
the loudness of quiet
missing portraits
ocean blue
little saint nick
business ventures
ghostbusters

family ties

74 2 0
By butterflyrepose

oh darling,
how cold it must be to lie in
the bed you've made

rhiannon janae

──────────── · 𖥸 · ────────────

DEAN AND SEAMUS WEREN'T eaten by a giant squid or viciously attacked by bears- much to Astrid's disappointment. She had found them in the greenhouse after exploring nearly every classroom in the school. Although, she intentionally skipped the medical ward, afraid she might run into one of Draco's friends.

She didn't necessarily want to go visit him, especially if any slytherins were there. So instead, Astrid busied herself helping Dean brew a magical medicine to help Seamus- who was sitting on a wooden chair, his right leg propped on-top of a wooden stool infront of him.

Dean explained that on their way to Transfigurations, Seamus accidentally tripped over a stone that was placed a step below him. He fell many steps down, bruising his entire body in the process. His leg- the one that tripped over the stone had strained, and all Pomfrey could do was bandage it since he hadn't broken anything.

"This has to be proof that Trelawney isn't mental," Dean said, grabbing the root from Astrid.

"No, It's proof she's a criminal," Astrid objected watching Dean place out all the collected ingredients in order. "She cursed you, Seamus."

Seamus looked up from the book of spells in his lap - Astrid had been horrified and rightfully angry that they had just been carrying it around all day. He sighed, "That's what I've been trying to say! But Dean here," he pointed his finger at Dean, bitterly, "doesn't believe me!"

Dean looked up from the table filled with ingredients, his left hand keeping a stained leather-bound book open. "She didn't curse you! She's a seer, so obviously she had seen you falling because of the stairs."

"So you agree with her, that the stairs had a wicked plan?" Astrid taunted, her eyes wide and bug-like.

"No I never said that-" Dean shook his head, reaching for the concrete mixing bowl. "She might've just exaggerated it a bit."

"Just like she did when she told Harry Potter he was going to die, correct?" Astrid swiftly missed a couple of beans that Dean threw her way.

"That's it!" Seamus snapped his fingers, bringing the attention to himself. "She was mad I called that grim thing a lizard and then cursed me before I left. It all makes sense."

Dean rolled his eyes, "No, it doesn't all make sense. She said the thing about the stairs ages before the grim. Meaning, she's a seer- Astrid pass me the mint."

"Or, it means she had already planned this out," Astrid countered, passing him two leaves of mint. Dean sent her to grab more, complaining that two leaves were useless.

Seamus' eyes narrowed, "Just admit she's a fraud. Why are you defending that nutcase anyway?"

Dean's face flushed, he looked very interested in mixing the ingredients all of a sudden. "Well," he began, slowly. "She said to careful with escapees and all I've been dreaming about has to do with Sirius Black! She had to have seen something or she wouldn't of said it!"

Astrid and Seamus glanced at each other, a mutual decision to burst out laughing shared between them. "You really think Sirius Black is after you?" Seamus asked between barks of laughter.

Dean threw beans at him, he annoyance visible. "Bugger off. When I die at the hands of Black I'll make sure to haunt you both."

"What do your dreams consist of?" Astrid asked, a teasing grin on her face. "Does he slaughter you while you're in bed, and is it like the movies where the lightning lights up his face? Oh, please tell us! We're dying to know."

She and Seamus propped up their heads in their hands, miming attentive school children.

Dean scowled, "I don't think I'm going to tell you."

"But Dean," Astrid pouted, "we really want to know."

"You're a right prat. I hate both of you."

Dean tried to ignore them as he finished up the homemade medicine. Though, eventually Astrid and Seamus had stopped teasing him so their silent treatment had come to an end. Astrid felt Dean and Seamus were the closest almost-like friends she had, putting their complete ignorance towards Astrid last year aside of course. She felt like she could be as kid like as she pleased around them- always indulging into their trouble-making, never a dull moment with the pair.

She took turns with Dean, mixing together the medicine, though Astrid wasn't really sure if their concoction was even edible. There was smoke coming out of the concrete mixing bowl, and the now-liquid had a green tint to it. She remembered from the mint book that it wasn't safe to eat too much, she hoped twenty leaves was below that 'too much' limit.

The medicine oddly smelled very good. Her nose filled with a soft, sweet scent. Like a spring morning in a flower filled garden, she hoped it tasted as good as it smelled. Dean finished mixing and poured his concoction into a glass bottle. He peered at his creation, bringing the bottle to his eyes. He smiled widely, seeming proud of himself.

Seamus drank it all at once, he must've also thought it tasted as good as it smelled. His face quickly turned sour as he painfully swallowed the green liquid. His nose crinkled and he gagged as it all went down his throat. "Are you trying to poison me?" he glared at Dean, the bad taste still in his mouth.

"Fine, next time suffer on your own," Dean grumbled. "I hope Trelawney curses you again, maybe it'll knock some gratefulness into you."

Dean and Seamus continued bickering as the three of them, ( including Astrid ) cleaned up. She decided not to side with anyone, claiming she was Swiss multiple times in their banter. After heading inside the castle, the three of them split up, the bell was about to ring signifying the end of their free period.

Astrid decided not go to potions, claiming she needed to talk to McGonagall. Dean and Seamus pleaded and begged for to her come with them claiming they couldn't deal- much less survive with Snape alone, but she wouldn't budge. They gave her huffed goodbyes and begrudgingly walked towards the dungeons. She watched their retreating figures and as soon as they were out of sight, she turned around-opposite of McGonagall's office, and began walking, getting farther and farther away as she went.

Pushing open the large hospital doors, she was glad to see no one at Draco's bedside. He was sat up, reading an untitled book, his legs criss-crossed and his eyes deep in concentration. His arm- the one that was hurt- was covered by a light blue cast, it was being supported by a sling that was slung over his shoulder.

He looked up from the book once the loud creaking of the doors had announced Astrid's presence. He smiled at her, putting the book in his lap. "Finally, I thought you would come sooner."

Astrid shrugged, sitting down on a leather chair beside the medical bed. "I was waiting for your fan club to leave."

"I thought you liked Blaise?"

"I said I tolerated him," Astrid corrected, "You'll be okay, right?"

Draco nodded, "Yeah, Pomfrey said I should be fine, but to rest until next class. Though, she said if that beast had scratched me deeper he could've messed up a vein- or something like that. The oaf was crying, but don't worry, I already sent father a letter, and he knows what happened. I'm hoping for a permanent ban of both of them."

"Y'know people would like you more if you weren't so shoved up your fathers arse," Astrid shook her head.

"He let the beast hurt me Astrid! I could've been killed!" Draco tutted, turning his head away.

"You weren't going to die, and we both know Lucius isn't going to stop at the Hippogriffs ban. He's going for execution isn't he?"

Draco passed her the letter from beside him, "I only said ban, but he might've misinterpreted me. I'll try to make sure he goes for a ban only."

"As if he would ever listen to you," Astrid chided, her nose scrunched as she concentrated on reading. "Why is he mentioning me?" she asked suddenly, getting towards the end of the letter.

Draco went pink, his ears became hot and his eyes flickered over Astrid's face, looking for what- She couldn't tell. She stared at him expectantly. "Don't be mad at me, I'm just the messenger!" He put his good arm up in defense, watching Astrid closely and then glancing down at the letter in her hands. She kept her face still, so he continued, "Fudge gave mum a letter to give to you, she couldn't find you at the station so she gave it to me. Well, actually, she did find you, but you were too busy with our disgrace of a cousin. Also, since exactly when do you get on with blood-traitors hmm? See, mum was very unhappy when you blew her off for that lame excuse of a human-"

"Draco," Astrid warned, her eyes piercing at him. "Get on with it."

"Right, right- Well, she gave it to me. And I may have accidentally opened it, and, well fudgeisaskingyoutotalktohimtomakesure-"

"Draco," Astrid sighed, "I don't speak gibberish. Just say it, go on, I wont be mad."

"Fudge thinks that you might help Aunt Bella get out since... Y'know, your cousin or brother or whatever did. Well, he says she's been asking about you. And, he's already on edge about the whole Sirius Black thing, father says, so he wants to talk to you." Draco talked in a low manner. He lent to his side again, this time grabbing the other letter. It was in a ripped envelope, a big dark grey seal stamped onto it.

Astrid grabbed the letter tentatively, her face still void of any reaction. She pulled out the parchment, unfolding it and reading the cursive lettering- no doubt written by his assistant since Cornelius Fudge had horrible handwriting. She bit her bottom lip, as she continued reading, she realized the Minister wasn't necessarily asking.

"Tell Lucius that you couldn't give it me," she instructed, folding the letter and putting it in her pocket. "And then say you lost it."

Draco sputtered, "Are you insane? He'll murder me."

"Well, Fudge isn't really asking for me to talk with him, he's ordering me around. He'll find a way to incriminate me and then he'll throw me into the cell with Bellatrix," Astrid concluded, a piece of her curly hair twirling between her fingers. "Please, Draco. He'll want to me talk to her and I don't want to do that. Not again."

Draco watched her, his eyes softening. They had grown up together, experienced their childhood side by side, almost inseparable. If there was one person in the world who knew Astrid best; it was him. He knew almost all of her secrets and what every single gesture meant. He had studied her like a book trying to configure the chaos that she was.

Their relationship strained once her Aunt died. And getting into Hogwarts, they barley spoke- both their morals becoming distinctly different after first year, but they were family. They were always going to be family.

Draco knew all about Astrid's complicated relationship with her mother. He had gone with Astrid to see her in Azkaban, and he had comforted the sobbing little girl afterwards as well. Draco reached out to grab her hand, he placed her palm on-top of his, his eyes trained on the Black heirloom on her ring finger. "I'll tell him I couldn't bare to be around your disgusting friends, so I couldn't give it to you. But then that Theo set all my papers on fire, so it was really gone."

Astrid smiled gratefully, "Add more insults and he might even believe it."

"I was planning on it, but since you said you didn't like derogatory words then I didn't want to say it in-front of you."

Astrid pulled her hand back, "I'm glad you think about my feelings."

"I've been trying." Draco shifted on the bed, laying on his left side, his good arm ( the left one ) was propping his head up. "I'll make sure he won't make you talk to auntie Bella."

"You say her name as if you guys are friends."

Draco grinned stupidly, "Best friends actually."

──────────── · 𖥸 · ─────────────

filler chap ig
bro the heartbreak these two are
going to give me, i'm not ready

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 2.3K 144
ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 ℍℙ 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕥 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕩 ℍℙ 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖: • 𝕊𝕞𝕦𝕥 • 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕤𝕥 • 𝔽𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡...
196K 3.8K 33
!!DISCONTINUED!! ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ʜɪꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. ʜɪꜱ ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ʜᴇ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ. ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄ...
69.8K 1.1K 24
Some wizarding world imagines/one-shots ! Super open to requests ☺️
16.2K 591 53
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...