Battle Scars (Yang x Male Rea...

By Darkdragon647

It was now time for the Vytal Festival to begin. You and your teammates were all eager to begin fighting in t... More

Meeting Her Family
The Festival Begins
JNPR vs. BRNZ
SSSN vs. NDGO
Winter's Arrival
Walking on Ice
CVFY vs. CMNE
RWBY vs. FNKI
Too Early to Celebrate
Fairy Tales
Familiar Faces
Secrets
An Unexpected Turn
A Monster Again
Destiny
In the Shadows
Divide and Conquer (Part 1)
Divide and Conquer (Part 2)
Divide and Conquer (Part 3)
Beginning of the End
Estranged
An Unhappy Ending

Aftermath

718 13 22
By Darkdragon647

You awoke to feel dazed in what seemed to be a tent. Your vision was still blurry; you couldn't see out of your right eye and felt like something was covering it. You began to try and sit up as you groaned in pain as you noticed a sharp pain in your back. You tried to reach for it but felt something holding your arms in place. You looked to your right arm and saw that it was cuffed to the bed by Atlesian cuffs. You were confused. Why would you be cuffed to a bed? With this question in mind, you began to call out for help.

y/n: Hey! What's going on!?

You saw two Atlas guards walk up to your tent. One began t gesture to the other.

Atlas Guard: Go let General Ironwood know.

The second guard nodded and began to walk off. You were still confused.

y/n: What's going on?

The Guard turned to face you.

Atlas guard: We've established a safe haven just outside of Beacon. The grimm are less active in this area. You're in a separate tent because General Ironwood had to restrain you because he claimed he witnessed you attempting to murder your brother. Don't worry he didn't shoot you anywhere important.

You were shocked at finding out that General Ironwood was the person who shot you. But it still only rose even more questions. But you knew the guard couldn't answer them so you waited for General Ironwood to show up. You began to hear footsteps nearby. Soon you saw General Ironwood walk into the tent. He seemed relieved that you were alright but he still seemed like he was worried about something. 

General Ironwood: It's good to see that your awake, y/n. 

General Ironwood turned to face the guard.

General Ironwood: I'll need to speak with him privately.

The guard began to walk off as you began to look at General Ironwood unsure what to think of him knowing he shot you during the attack at Beacon.

y/n: Jame's... why did you shoot me? 

General Ironwood looked at you somewhat sorrowfully but still kept a serious composure.

General Ironwood: Because I can't let you make that mistake y/n. I can't let you kill your brother.

You remembered how before you fell unconscious that Yang had gotten her arm cut off by your brother Adam. 

y/n: Where's Yang?

General Ironwood walked up to your bed.

General Ironwood: She's in another tent with some of the other students. They said that she's stable now. 

You breathed a sigh of relief. But then your anger started returning to you as you clenched your firsts in rage.

y/n: Where's Adam?

General Ironwood's face went completely serious.

General Ironwood: y/n, I know that he hurt Yang but you can't-

y/n: WHERE IS HE!?

General Ironwood proceeded to stare you down.

General Ironwood: y/n. I can't let you go after him like this. Killing him won't fix Yang. 

y/n: This isn't about fixing Yang! This is about making sure something like this never happens again! I can't let him hurt her again! You and I both know that he's hurt people before! And if I saw him do to you what I saw him do to Yang, I would have done NOTHING but search the planet for that monster I have for a brother and send him off to hell!

General Ironwood closed his eyes and sighed sadly before looking back at you again. He looked as though he was holding back some anger.

General Ironwood: y/n. Stop it. You're acting like-

General Ironwood cut himself off looking shocked at what he was about to say. But you knew what he was about to say so you scoffed angrily.

y/n: Go on. Say it!

General Ironwood glared at you.

General Ironwood: Like a wild animal.

You growled like a tiger before you continued.

y/n: Well if being a wild animal will let me protect Yang then I'm willing to become one!

General Ironwood's seriousness seemed to finally begin to break as his expression became angry.

General Ironwood: y/n! Going after your brother isn't protecting her! 

y/n: What? I should never kill anyone? I should never take someone's life even if it meant protecting someone I care about!?

General Ironwood's seemed to give into some of his anger. 

General Ironwood: NO! God's almighty, no!

General Ironwood sighed and calmed down but still looked troubled. 

General Ironwood: It would be too damn easy. I know you're thinking about Yang, y/n. But if I let you do that to your own brother... If I let you go down into that place... 

General Ironwood looked at you in the eyes.

General Ironwood: You'll never come back.

You felt as though what General Ironwood was saying had a lot of weight behind it but you still weren't able to let go of your anger as you gripped the side of your bed.

y/n: Why not? I'm not talking about killing anyone else in the White Fang, Cinder, or even that bastard Roman Torchwick! I'm talking about Adam, JUST Adam. 

You began to tremble and looked down sadly as you remembered Yang getting her arm cut off by Adam back at the school grounds.

y/n: And doing it because... 

You looked back up to General Ironwood angrily.

y/n: Because he almost took her away from me.

General Ironwood looked at you sympathetically.

General Ironwood: I can't let you do that. I'm sorry.

You didn't know what to think as you looked down sadly again. You were chained up and weren't able to do what you believed meant being able to protect Yang. You felt useless.

y/n: James... I... I can't just stand by and let this just be something that happened to her. I have to do SOMETHING.

General Ironwood continued to look at you sympathetically but his expression became more serious.

General Ironwood: And what do you think the White Fang thought when things like this happened to them?

You froze as you remembered the times you were in the White Fang and it was driven to violent actions because of the violence that was done to them because of the humans who discriminated against all of them. General Ironwood continued.

General Ironwood: You saw what resorting to violence did to all of them y/n. And they weren't the first. I've seen war so many times y/n. All it's ever done was breed hatred. And the last thing I want is for you to fall into that hatred.

Part of you knew General Ironwood was right. But you still weren't able to let go of your anger. 

y/n: James... I can't just do nothing. I have to do something.

General Ironwood placed his hand on your shoulder to comfort you.

General Ironwood: I'm not asking you to do nothing y/n. I'm asking you to try and do the right thing. Your brother and the White Fang have done terrible things. But giving in to the hatred won't make things any better. We need to do the right thing and have them answer for what they've done. 

You proceeded to grip the sides of your bed angrily still not able to completely let go of the anger you felt.

General Ironwood: Which is why I'm taking you back to Atlas. 

You looked back up to General Ironwood shocked. You knew that if you were taken back to Atlas then you wouldn't be able to see Yang anymore.

y/n: What?

General Ironwood: Beacon has fallen. No one will be able to continue on their path to becoming a huntsman or huntress here. That's why I want you to come with me back to Atlas. You'll be able to finish studying as a huntsman there. 

You knew James was right. But you were still worried about Yang.

y/n: But what about Yang?

General Ironwood: I know how much she means to you y/n but she's not able to continue studying as a huntress in her current state. But I'll still make sure that you get to keep in touch with her while you're at Atlas. 

You shook your head. You were still afraid of leaving Yang. You knew what she had gone through in her life in how she was abandoned by her own mother. Not to mention how she had now been crippled for life because of your own brother. How could she be able to forgive you if you left her?

y/n: James... I can't just leave her. 

General Ironwood looked at you sympathetically.

General Ironwood: I know you don't want to leave her y/n. But the people that attacked Beacon today are still out there and I can't let you give up on yourself or let you give into your anger. I brought you to Atlas at first because I wanted to help you temper your anger and find a way to make a better life for yourself. I know that you don't want this. But it's for the best y/n.

General Ironwood adjusted the cuffs so that your hands would be cuffed together. But you still were reluctant about leaving Yang.

y/n: James, I can't leave her!

General Ironwood's expression became serious again.

General Ironwood: The decision has been made y/n. I'll let you stay and say goodbye to everyone before we go.

You still didn't want to leave but you knew General Ironwood's mind was made up and you weren't able to fight against his grip well enough with the cuffs restraining you. So he proceeded to escort you outside of the tent you were in. Upon making your way out you saw several other larger tents that had medics walking in and out. The campsite was in what looked to be an elevated mountain area. In the distance, you saw Beacon. Grimm were swarming the school grounds. You soon heard Sun call out to you.

Sun: Hey! y/n!

You turned to see Sun and his teammates walking up to you.

Sun: Are you alright man?

You looked down sadly.

y/n: I'm fine. But... Yang.

Sun looked at you sympathetically.

Sun: I know man. What happened to your girl is awful.

Sun's expression then became more serious.

Sun: But killing your brother dude?

Sun shook his head in disapproval.

Sun: That's messed up.

You didn't say anything to Sun. You were still angry about what your brother did but you still felt defeated by the argument you had with General Ironwood. Sun soon spoke up again.

Sun: Do you know about Blake?

You looked back up to Sun.

y/n: What happened?

Sun: She ran off. Once she saw how everyone was hurt. She just took off. 

You were confused but also a little angry at Blake. How could she just run off and abandon her friends and teammates when things got hard?

y/n: Blake... How could she do that?

Sun looked at you sympathetically again.

Sun: I... I don't know man. 

Sun's expression became serious.

Sun: But I don't think she might fully know either. She's always seemed like she was scared of something. 

You then heard Weiss arguing with someone. When you looked over you saw Weiss not too far from where you were. You saw she was arguing with her father Jacques. Weiss had a bandage covering the wound in her abdomen.

Weiss: Dad! There's just something I need to say!

Jacques grabbed Weiss by the wrist and attempted to drag her off. 

Jacques: You're not going anywhere near that boy! You saw what he did to that other boy in the tournament! He's just like the rest of those wild animals in the White Fang!

Weiss scoffed and ripped her hand away from her father. 

Weiss: I just want to say one thing!

Jacques glared at Weiss.

Jacques: Fine.

Weiss turned away from her father and saw you with General Ironwood. 

Weiss: y/n! 

Weiss then began to run up to you as her father Jacques followed close behind. He looked at you with a very cynical expression. Weiss made her way to you as she clenched her wound and groaned in pain.

Weiss: y/n. My dad wants to take me back to Atlas but I needed to say this to you before I leave. I saw the scar on your brother's face. You told me before that our company turned him into a monster and now I know what you meant. My family's company tortured people like you and him for so long and it's because of us the White Fang exists. 

Weiss then looked at you with a sincere expression.

Weiss: So I promise, y/n. I'll do everything I can as the heiress of the Schnee Dust Company to make things right. As more than a Schnee but as a huntress too.

You felt good that Weiss finally apologized for what happened to you and your brother during your captivity. So you smiled and nodded at her.

y/n: Thanks. Please make sure that you do.

Jacques then grabbed Weiss by the arm. 

Jacques: It's time to go. 

Jacques glared at you.

Jacques: Stay away from her. 

You glared back at Jacques. He then proceeded to drag off Weiss as they made their way to a private Schnee Dust Company Airship. Weiss looked at you remorsefully as she was dragged off. You felt terrible for Weiss. Seeing her father be forceful with her reminded you of how your father was abusive to you and your brother when you were children. General Ironwood placed your hand on your shoulder to comfort you. 

General Ironwood: Jacques is... a complicated man y/n. There are a lot of things he and I don't agree on.

General Ironwood then pointed to one of the larger nearby tents.

General Ironwood: Your friends are in here.

You looked over at the tent and even from outside you were distraught by how many injured students, guards, and civilians there were. 

y/n: Alright.

You glanced over at Sun and his team as you began to walk to the tent with General Ironwood.

y/n: See yah.

General Ironwood guided you inside where the other students were being treated for their injuries. You saw Jaune, Ren, and Nora but to your surprise, you didn't see Pyrrha anywhere. You saw that they were all covered in bandages and all had sad looks on their faces. Jaune was crying as he held a stuffed panda bear in front of him and Pyrrha's tiara. You had a suspicion as to what may have happened to Pyrrha but you didn't want it to be true. So you walked up to them with General Ironwood.

y/n: Are you guys ok?

Jaune gave no answer but soon Ren broke the silence.

Ren: We're fine. But Pyrrha...

Ren looked down sadly as Jaune began to cry a little harder.

Nora looked at Jaune sorrowfully before looking back at you.

Nora: She's... She's gone.

You were hurt not because you were surprised but instead because your suspicion was true. But you still wondered what had happened.

y/n: What happened?

Ren gripped his bedsheets before looking back up to you. 

Ren: Cinder... killed her.

You remembered how Adam explained that Cinder had threatened to kill Adam and the White Fang if they didn't help her attack beacon. A lot of your anger came back at that moment. Towards the White Fang, towards your brother, and especially towards Cinder as your clenched your fists angrily. But you were also sad. Pyrrha was a good friend to you and all of your teammates and now she was gone.

y/n: Cinder... My brother said that she threatened the White Fang. 

Ren: What?

Jaune's crying stopped as he looked up to you.

Jaune: What do you mean?

You looked at Jaune. You felt bad for him because you remembered the time you saw them together at the dance and how they seemed so happy around each other. Much like you and Yang.

y/n: My brother said that Cinder had threatened to kill them if they didn't help to attack Beacon. 

They all looked shocked.

Nora: That's awful!

Jaune: No way!

You looked down angrily as you remembered Yang getting her arm cut off by Adam.

y/n: Yes. But he still... He still hurt Yang. He crippled her for life.

General Ironwood placed his hand on your shoulder to comfort you. Jaune then spoke up.

Jaune: I know how you feel y/n.

You looked back up to Jaune but you saw he was now wearing a face of envy.

Jaune: But at least the girl you love is STILL ALIVE! 

Tears began to run down Jaune's face.

Jaune: But Pyrrha is GONE! And she's not coming back!

Jaune then began to sob to himself again burying his face into the stuffed panda bear and Pyrrha's tiara.

You felt terrible for Jaune. You knew that he was right. Yang was still alive but Pyrrha wasn't. Jaune wasn't able to be with the girl he loved anymore. She was gone. General Ironwood stepped forward and placed his hand on Jaune's shoulder to comfort him. 

General Ironwood: We're all suffering today Jaune. 

General Ironwood turned to Ren and Nora.

General Ironwood: I'm sorry to all of you for your loss. Pyrrha will go down in history for the sacrifice she's made today.

Jaune continued to cry and Ren and Nora nodded at General Ironwood sadly.

Ren and Nora: Thank you.

You were now even more worried about Yang. You were afraid that you were about to leave her and even more afraid now knowing what Jaune was going through. So you turned to General Ironwood with a serious face.

y/n: Where's Yang?

General Ironwood walked up to you and gestured to where Yang and Ruby were kept. Tai and Qrow were both with them and watching over them. Yang was still unconscious and Ruby although she seemed uninjured was unconscious as well. You quickly walked up to them with General Ironwood. 

y/n: Are they alright?

Qrow and Tai looked up to you with sad looks on their faces.

Qrow: Ruby's fine. 

Tai: But Yang... 

Tai then held Yang's hand as he looked down at her body and how her right arm was cut off.

Tai: My sunny little dragon...

Qrow looked at you surprised at your restraints. He then turned to General Ironwood angrily.

Qrow: Why is he cuffed?

General Ironwood: He tried to kill his brother after seeing him injure Yang the way she is.

Qrow looked surprised. Tai looked up surprised as well.

Qrow and Tai: What?

Qrow and Tai both looked at you shocked.

Tai: Your brother did this?

You looked down in shame that your own brother was responsible for crippling Yang for life.

y/n: Yes.

Qrow: You tried to kill him?

You still felt anger towards your brother Adam.

y/n: Yes.

General Ironwood: That's why I'm taking him back to Atlas to straighten him out again.

Tai and Qrow looked worried.

Tai: You're taking him.

Qrow's expression became angry.

Qrow: So you're making decisions for him now Jimmy?

General Ironwood glared at Qrow.

General Ironwood: It's for the best.

Qrow glared at General Ironwood.

Qrow: *Sarcastically* Yeah. Of course, it is.

General Ironwood's seriousness broke as he began to get angry.

General Ironwood: You wouldn't understand Qrow.

Qrow scoffed.

Qrow: *Sarcastically* Yeah. I guess I wouldn't understand. I've only had a sister who abandoned my niece. So of course I wouldn't think this would only hurt her more.

General Ironwood growled at Qrow. But then took a deep breath.

General Ironwood: I brought him here so that he would have the chance to say goodbye to her before we left.

Everyone then stopped as Yang began to wake up. 

Tai: Yang.

Tai helped Yang sit up as she looked around the room looking dizzy.

Yang: ...What...? What's going... on?

Yang looked right at your face and looked worried.

Yang: y/n. You're eye.

Yang reached out and place her hand on your face. You realized Yang noticed the patch on your right eye.

y/n: I'm fine Yang but-

You cut yourself off not wanting to bring up Yang losing her arm. Yang then saw Ruby behind you.

Yang: Ruby!

Tai placed his hand on Yang's shoulder to comfort her.

Tai: Yang, she's fine but-

Tai cut himself off also but as Yang tried to reach for Ruby she saw that her lower right arm was missing. Yang looked at what was left of her arm mortified as she placed her hand on the bandages as though she didn't want it to be true. Tears began to fill up in Yang's eyes.

Yang: Dad...?

Tai looked at Yang sympathetically for what happened to her.

Tai: I know Yang. 

Yang then began to cry as she hugged her father Tai. Tai held Yang closely comforting her. Tears began to fill up in Tai's eyes also.

Tai: I know Yang.

Tai then began to cry as he comforted Yang.

Tai: I know...

You were devastated. Yang the girl you loved who was always a brave, outgoing, kind-hearted, energetic girl who was like a ray of sunshine to everyone around her was now terrified and sad. At that moment you remembered a memory from your past with your brother Adam when Adam was at his most vulnerable and all the anger you had towards him faded. You knew that the last thing you could do was leave Yang. So you turned to General Ironwood to confront him.

y/n: James?

General Ironwood turned to face you.

General Ironwood: Yes?

You braced yourself to face General Ironwood.

y/n: I'm not leaving.

Yang turned to face you with tears still on her face.

Yang: You were gonna leave?

General Ironwood looked worried.

General Ironwood: y/n. You can't go after your brother.

You shook your head.

y/n: This isn't about going after him James. This is about staying with Yang. 

You looked down sadly.

y/n: I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I left her.

General Ironwood looked at you sympathetically.

General Ironwood: y/n. I know you love her but-

Professor Goodwitch: James!

Everyone turned to see Professor Goodwitch walking up to all of you. She was glaring at General Ironwood.

Professor Goodwitch: You know just as well as I do that this is HIS decision to make.

General Ironwood sighed sadly. He then turned to you.

General Ironwood: Are you sure this is what you want y/n? 

You looked back at General Ironwood with a serious face.

y/n: Yes James. I want to be here for Yang and help her. 

You then turned to Yang and smiled.

y/n: Every bit as much as she helped me.

You turned back to General Ironwood smiling as he smiled back at you seeming relieved but also sad.

General Ironwood: Alright.

General Ironwood pulled a key out of his pocket and took off your restraints. He then placed his hand on your shoulder.

General Ironwood: I'm proud of you.

You nodded at General Ironwood.

y/n: Thanks.

You then walked up to Yang and hugged her.

Yang hugged you back tightly.

Yang: You'll stay?

y/n: I will. Count on it.

Yang hugged you a bit tighter.

Yang: Thank you.

You then thought back to the memory you had of your brother Adam.

I highly recommend listening to this while reading the rest of this chapter. I felt it was perfect for this moment. Once again though. Rest in peace Chester Bennington.

Flashback to when you and Adam were twelve years old. Adam had just finished stabbing your father to death for having killed your mother.

Adam angrily turned to face you after killing your father.

Adam: He'll never hurt us again.

At that moment you were terrified of Adam. But you noticed he began to quiver as he looked down at his hands that were covered with his father's blood. He then dropped the knife as tears began to fill up Adam's eyes. He seemed to have felt the terrible regret of taking someone's life. 

Adam: y/n...?

You were still frozen in fear of what Adam had done but you tried to speak and before you could Adam collapsed and began to cry.

Adam: y/n... I'm... sorry. I was... I was so scared... I didn't know what to do.

The fear you felt towards Adam quickly began to wash away. You knew Adam wasn't a monster. He was just sad, scared, angry, and confused. So you walked up to Adam and hugged him.

y/n: It's ok Adam. I forgive you. 

Adam began to hug you back.

Adam: You're not scared of me?

You hugged Adam a bit tighter.

y/n: No Adam. You were just trying to protect us.

Adam began to calm down.

Adam: You'll stay?

y/n: I promise.

You let go of Adam and looked at him face to face. You then spoke the three words that stayed with you ever since that day.

y/n: Count on it.

Returning to the present day.

You hugged Yang tightly as the memory ran through your head one last time. A tear then finally fell down your face.

y/n: *In head* I'll NEVER make that mistake again.

At long last the chapter is complete! I know many of you have requested that I have the reader stay with Yang but I actually intended that from the start. I was honestly enraged at how many Yang x reader stories had the reader abandon Yang just so the plot wouldn't change. I just didn't want to spoil it because I wanted you all to experience it properly. With that being said. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and the story so far! Thanks for all your support! And take note this isn't the final chapter of Volume 3. There's still a bit more left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 213 15
Your journey as Adam Taurus' twin brother continues as you begin your second semester at Beacon Academy. Your team has begun to grow skeptical of you...
1.1K 57 13
"After all this time... you still have the nerve to think I'd bend to your will!? Such arrogance... such foolishness!" "I'd be spitting on my ancesto...
190K 3.1K 24
After your parents were killed at a young age, you were raised by your brother Adam Taurus. Under his guiding, you became a skilled swordsman, and to...
291 0 12
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in th...