Teacher's Pet

By Laurmani_My_Life

You are the captain of your high school basketball team. Dinah is you Art teacher who you fall for the moment... More

Chapter 1: First Day Back
Chapter 2: Assembly
Chapter 4: The Talk
Chapter 5: Her Place
Chapter 6: The Sleepover
Chapter 7: The Confessional
Chapter 8: Apologies and Extra Credit
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Do Over?
Chapter 11: You got what?!
Chapter 12: Well, that was awkward...
Chapter 12 Part 2: Maybe I do...
Chapter 13: But... It's Just Prom
Chapter 14: Wow, Really?
Chapter 15: The Game
Chapter 15 Part 2: I feel like...
Chapter 16: I'm done
Chapter 17: Oh No...
Chapter 18: I trust you
Chapter 19: No. It's what's best.
Chapter 20: Damn...
Chapter 21: One door closes
Chapter 22: When shit hits the fan
Chapter 23: Welp, there's that.
Chapter 24: Grammy Awards
Chapter 25: Who Are You?
Chapter 26: The Court is Now in Session
Chapter 27: That went well...
Chapter 28: The end...?
Epilogue: No...
Epilogue: Just The Beginning.
New Year

Chapter 3: Game Day

18.2K 458 457
By Laurmani_My_Life

A/N That's how the home uniform looks.

Today was the day. Waking up this morning I dressed in my shooting shirt and my uniform pants and shoes after doing my morning routine. I woke up earlier today so I could eat a real breakfast. I made enough for me and my parents wrapping my mom's and putting it in the microwave since she leaves later to take my little brother and sister to daycare.

I woke them up after I finished so by the time my mom got ready she could just leave. Matt was 4 so he could wash and dress himself. I helped Alicia, 3, so it could go faster. I went downstairs and gave them cut up apples and yogurt for breakfast. They ate in the living room so they could watch T.V.

Me and my dad ate in silence which would be weird in most families but it was normal in mine. We just were on our phones. After finishing we put our plates in the sink, soaking them, before putting on our jackets (me also grabbing my ball). I kissed Matt and Alicia on the head before going out to get in the car with my dad. Pulling up to the school I was nervous about the game and remembering what happened with Dinah yesterday wasn't helping me at all.

Going to my locker to put my books and ball in, I ran into some of my team. We talked about how we felt about the game. I told them I was nervous but had to put on a brave face and tell them we would win this since I was Captain, with Nadia as my Co-Captain. I told them to go get to class since they were all underclassmen and went to find Nadia and Lauren. I saw them around the corner from my locker in front of the bathroom dressed in the same apparel as me. I ran and jumped onto Lauren's back kissing her check before getting down and hugging Nadia. Lauren acted like she was in shock.

"So, you jump on my back and put your nasty lips to my face but she gets a real hug." She says faking annoyance.

"Well yeah. I need to keep my Co-Captain happy."

I said putting my arm around Nadia's shoulder smirking at Laur. She just pouted.

"Oh no. You hurt my feelings too you know?" She raised her eyebrows. "You called my lips nasty. That was so rude."

Nadia just watched us amused.

"Whatever Y/N."

I put my head down and mumbled loud enough for Lauren to hear "Nadia wouldn't call my lips nasty."

Lauren pushed me which made me step back and take my arm of Nadia to catch myself laughing. I told them about what happened with Dinah yesterday and they helped me get through it last night. I'm glad they didn't bring anything up about it today and just made me smile.

The bell rung and me and Lauren told Nadia we'd see her at the gym after school since she had no classes with us. On they way to Art, though, Lauren brought up Dinah.

"So, what are you gonna do?"

"I genuinely don't know. I'm just going to go sit down and listen to lesson. That's all I can do right now."

She nodded in understanding, walking into the room before me. Walking in Dinah was at her desk. She looked at me, but I didn't look at her, and I just went to sit down. All class I felt her eyes on me but I either looked at my desk or at Lauren. When the bell rung I tried to get out of there as fast as I could.

"Y/N can you stay back for a second?"

Sighing and sitting back at my desk I looked to Lauren and told her to go to class.

"I'll meet you there soon." She nodded and walked out last closing the door behind her.

I sat there looking at my hands which were folded on my desk silent waiting for her to talk. I heard footsteps approach and my heartbeat sped up. She moved the chair in front of my desk out of the way and leaned against its desk. She was just looking at me while I looked at my hands still. I said something since she wouldn't.

"Can I leave since you're not going to say anything?" I was still looking at me desk. She answered my question with another.

"Can you look at me?" Obeying I tilted my head up so I was making eye contact with her. She smiled but I didn't this time.

"Now can you answer my question?" I said. She frowned and shifted uncomfortably.

"I want to talk about yesterday."

Saving both of us from this conversation I interrupted her.

"Look, Ms. Hansen,"

"Stop calling me Ms. Hansen. It sounds too weird coming from you." I looked at her and continued just omitting her name entirely.

"Look, whatever happened yesterday was miscommunication okay? Like I said the feelings are not mutual. You don't have to come to the game; I just wanted your support. We don't have to talk about anything that happened yesterday. It was a mistake."

She looked shocked and didn't say anything. I took that as my sign to leave, so I did and she didn't stop me.

—————-

It was 3:50 and our coaches, Sanchez and Hamilton, were talking to us in the locker room. Coach Sanchez was speaking now.

"Defense is what is going to win us this game. That's what I want you guys to focus on. Anything else to add Coach?"

"Just play hard but have fun. My daughter is going to be watching and if she likes what she sees she'll transfer here for her senior year."

We all did a little cheer hearing that.

"Yeah so don't mess up." She joked. We all laughed. "Okay, we are gonna let Y/N and Nadia talk and pick the starting five for this game."

After that they left and everyone turned to me and Nadia.

"Okay guys," Nadia started. "This is our first home game so we need to show them that they won't win on our court."

Everybody nodded and we heard some "Hell nah's" and "Damn right's" here and there which made me laugh before I spoke.

"Foreal y'all, they're not winning tonight and we need to represent. Now, I know the whole team has supporters here but the whole senior class and some senior teachers are here for the four of us tonight."

I said while pointing to me, Nadia, Aaliyah, and Lauren.

"So, the starting five will be us four and Sandra since she's the oldest junior."

The other two juniors on the team groaned and I just smiled at them.

"Okay guys, Aaliyah will say The Our Father prayer. Then we will go and shoot around the last few minutes then we'll do the Devils chant before the game starts, alright?"

Everybody agreed and we all got in a circle and put our arms around one another.

"Our father, that art in heaven..."

—————

The whole game I was playing off. Luckily, though, my team would pick up where I would slack. I couldn't help it though. The whole Dinah thing was getting to me.

Coach Sanchez got frustrated and called another time out. The other players and I went to sit on the bench and drink some water while Sanchez talked... more like yelled.

"Come on guys. Yes, we're winning but not by much. The amount of turnovers we are getting is stupid."

She said looking at me.

"And the lack of rebounds," looking at me again "is ridiculous."

My teammates patted me on the back in support.

"Come on you guys. There is 3 minutes left on the clock make them count."

The whistles blew while she was talking. The whole team stood up and circled around. Aaliyah yelled "Hard work on three!" Then Lauren counted, but while she was counting I looked out to the crowd to see Dinah walking into the stands. She looked at me and gave me a thumbs up and that made me smile. The team yelling hard work pulled me from my trance and I felt something come over me.

"Aye girls! Starting five this time."

My coach smiled at my leadership. They could see the spark in my eye that was gone all game.

We ran out and set up a 2-3 zone defense. I was in the middle a little bit in front of the basket. When the girl on the other team tried to dribble the ball to the hoop I stepped up and hit the ball out of her hands to Nadia. Running down the court Nadia passed it to Lauren then she passed it to me when she got close to the basket. I shot the ball from the three point line and a girl on the other team fouled me but I made the shot.

My team and the crowd got really hype after that and I went to shoot my free-throws. Making all three there was only 10 seconds left on the clock. We didn't care though because by the time they would get close enough to make a shot it would be too late. Plus with a now 12 point lead thanks to my points they wouldn't catch up anyway. We told the team good game before going to the locker room to change. The team gave me props for coming back strong towards the end of the game.

Walking out of the locker room I called my dad.

Hey dad

Hey sweetie, how'd it go

Good, we won by 12 points

That's great. I'll be there in 10 minutes okay?

Okay bye

Bye

I had time to waste but most of my team left and Lauren and Nadia went home right before I called my dad. Looking around I saw Dinah standing there talking to my science teacher. I walked over to them.

"Excuse me, can I borrow her for a second?" I asked politely.

"Oh yeah, I was heading out anyway. Great job tonight Y/N" I smiled at that.

"Thanks Mr. Peters. Have a good weekend."

"Likewise, bye Dinah." She waved then looked back at me.

I got really nervous all of a sudden. Looking down and grabbing the back of my neck I spoke.

"Um, can I walk you to your car?"

She nodded and we started walking. Since the teachers parking lot was on the other end of the school it was a little bit of a walk. After a little silence she finally spoke.

"Listen Y/N. What you said in class was anything but the truth."

I was shocked and confused but she kept talking.

"The feelings... they are mutual. There was no miscommunication."

I was so set back that I didn't reply until we reached her car.

"Dinah, I don't know what you want me to do with that information." She sighed.

"I mean to be honest, at this point you have full control over what happens next." I told her, "This is your life too, but I'm not the one with repercussions if this happens so..."

She cut me off.

"That's the thing Y/N. This can't happen."

"Then why would you tell me something like that if this can't happen."

I said annoyed. She couldn't find the words to say so she stayed quiet.

"You do realize you are probably the most bipolar person on the planet, right?" She looked appalled from me saying that.

"I mean one minute we are flirting and the next it's all my fault and this can't go anywhere."

"I don't know what you want me to do."

"Oh my god. You brought up the topic how don't you know?!" I said getting angry.

"I just dont, okay?" She yelled back.

Letting out a frustrated sigh/groan, I wiped my hands down my face. Not saying anything I opened her car door for her and stood there. She was confused but still seemed happy with my gesture. She walked and sat her purse down in the car first. Getting the same spark I had when I saw her at my game I grabbed her arm and turned her around. She was about to speak but I cut her off.

"Can I get you number?"

She looked hesitant.

"Look, I get it okay. But I'm not about to keep emailing you when I could just as easily text or call you."

She gave in and I took my phone out. She put her number in and sent herself a quick text so she would have mine. Giving the phone back she was closer then what she was before.

I leaned in and she didn't move. So I let my lips brush with hers. She pulled back a little as a tease and it made me smile and so did she. But before she could get away I attached my lips to hers.

At first she didn't respond but eventually she put her hands on my waist pulling me closer to her and put more pressure on my lips. I took her bottom lip in between mine and lightly sucked on it making her sigh. I let my hand caress her cheek. I could feel my heart beating against my chest. She then took my bottom lip in hers and sucked on it getting a moan out of me. The whole moment was ruined though when my phone rang.

She pulled away and had the same look she had on her face in the bathroom. She jumped in her car pulling the door shut. Knocking on her window and calling her name was useless because she sped off. Feeling tears spring to my eyes and feeling defeated I answered my call.

Hello?

My voice cracked.

Hey, I'm out front. Are you okay?

Clearing my throat I answered.

Yeah, just tired. I'm on my way

Hanging up I felt the tears run down my face my quickly wiped them away. Taking a few deep breaths I got my self together before speed walking to my dad's car.

————

When I woke up the next morning Alicia was cuddled up to me. She came in to my room last night because she heard me crying. I taught her to be that caring. So now whenever someone is down or upset she'll go over and hug you until you felt better. Reaching over her, I checked my phone to see if I got any notifications. Most importantly any from Dinah but there were none.

Sighing and trying not to cry again I checked the time. It was almost 11 a.m. so I decided to text Lauren.

Hey babe, what you doing today?

Almost immediately I got a reply.

Heyy, nothing. Why? What's up?

I need to talk to you and Nadia. Could we all sleep over at your house or something?

After I pressed send I untangled Alicia from me so I could go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. When I walked back into my room Alicia was waking up.

"Good morning princess. You want something to eat?"

She was still tired so she lazily nodded.

"Okay, I'll bring you something. Go to the bathroom."

Kissing her head and grabbing my phone I went downstairs. As I was walking down the steps I remembered I was texting Lauren.

Yeah. My parents will be gone this weekend anyway.

Okay, I'll be there around 1. I'll bring Nadia with me.

Okay see you then.

I smiled, happy that I can finally talk to someone.

Walking into the kitchen I saw my mom making pancakes. I saw Matt at the table so I walked over and put my cheek in front of his face. He giggled cutely before kissing me.

"Aw, thanks handsome." I said kissing his forehead. I went to my mom and side hugged her.

"What do you want?" She said grinning. My hand flew to my chest acting hurt.

"Can't I say good morning without wanting something?"

She looked at me and I gave in.

"Okay fine I want one tiny thing."

Holding my pointer finger and thumb closely to show how small it was. She laughed and told me to continue.

"Okay, can I borrow your car? I'm going over to Lauren's to sleep over and I have to pick up Nadia and the snacks."

"On one condition. You have to also take Matt to his friends house."

"Deal. Thanks mommy."

I got a plate for me and Alicia before going upstairs to get ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
233K 22.4K 56
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
136K 558 36
PLEASE NO HATE! U READ THE TITLE IF U DONT WANNA READ DONT READ!
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...