Royals of the South

By chapterbangtan

You were shock to know that you and your brother Sunoo was called from the palace. You were just sold as slav... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: Freedom
Chapter 2: Royal Troublemaker
Chapter 3: Hide and Seek
Chapter 4: Lessons with His Majesty
Chapter 5: The Second Prince
Chapter 6: Trust
Chapter 7: Spy
Chapter 8: Enchanted
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Breakfast at the Courtyard
Chapter 11: Saved
Chapter 12: The Assassin
Chapter 13: The Art of Falling Inlove
Chapter 14: King of The North
Chapter 15: Visit
Chapter 16: Questions
Chapter 17: Final Answer
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18: Marriage
Chapter 19: Sacrifice
Chapter 20: Absence
Chapter 21: Her
Chapter 22: Rumors
Chapter 23: Meeting Her
Chapter 24: Nightmare
Chapter 25: Offer of Marriage
Chapter 26: Chance
Chapter 27: Confession After Confession
Chapter 28: Sacrifice for the Kingdom
Chapter 29: Decisions
Chapter 31: Resigned Hearts
Chapter 32: Welves
Chapter 33: Captive
Chapter 34: Acceptance
Chapter 35: Engagement
Chapter 36: I Know Everything
Chapter 37: All of You
Chapter 38: Defeat
Chapter 39: Unwanted News
Chapter 40: Engagement
Chapter 41: The Heart Speaks
Chapter 42: Wedding
Chapter 43: Consummate
Chapter 43: First Day Royal
Chapter 44: The Council and Rosa
Chapter 45: Luff Village
Chapter 46: The Queen
Chapter 47: The North Kingdom

Chapter 30: The Trip

149 9 13
By chapterbangtan

~•×•~

You look at yourself in the mirror with disdain. Not only were you offered a bigger life but also knowing your origin and past self. Though you have forgotten your title of a duchess, remnants of that damned title are lingering and it puts you off. Sunoo's words last night were right but it still doesn't sit right with you that the king just offered you marriage which entails being the queen of the kingdom you were once just a slave.

You look away from your reflection and down to your hands that are slightly trembling from unease. You inhale deeply and exhaled sharply. Today, you're bound to travel to Welves as a translator and travel guide. It was on your schedule and you could've sworn you declined it but Namjoon begged you to be on that trip with Jungkook.

He stated that the kingdom needs the medicine most. He warned you that the general will lead the travel. This is what makes you uneasy. Being alone with Jungkook on the travel with a couple of men. You knew you'll be in the carriage with him alone. Unless he decided to ride his horse.

Your eyes trails back to your reflection in the mirror. Your cloak securely clasped infront of you. As if today is your last day to live, you sigh, it isn't.

Welves

If your travelling from the North, it will only take you a good 3 hours by horse or by carriage. If you're from the South, you're afraid it's going to take longer. It's been so long since you last travelled. Not only is this journey going to be long, it's going to be like a first time again. Ofcourse it makes sense that the trading will happen there since ports are present in the country.

You close your eyes and sigh once more.

"You are not backing out from this," you warned yourself.

With that, you stand up and exit your room. It's barely sunrise so the halls are unsurprisingly dim. The only sound that is heard are your footsteps. The ends of your skirt and cloak slightly grazes the floor and sometimes, you accidentally step on it. You didn't mind though, it's something trivial compared to the storm that's going on in your head.

"You're early sweetheart," Taehyung comments behind you.

You turn back quickly on reflex and bows to him.

"Your majesty," you speak.

Teahyung presents his hand to you. You raise your head and look at his hand and to his face.

"Mind if I take you on a short walk?" He speaks.

You nod and smile to him.

"It is my pleasure your majesty," he take his hand and let him lead the way.

Jungkook might get furious when you get kate but being with the king is a great excuse.

"Your majesty," you start a conversation.

He looks at you while still walking.

"Yes sweetheart?" He asks.

"I'm wondering what it would be like to be by your side," you ask nonchalantly.

Because you really are curious. Not that you are already taking it into consideration.

Taehyung smiles widely.

"Oh no no no. I was just curious your majesty. Nevermind," you say bashfully.

Taehyung caresses your hand gently and you're pretty sure his peach-like scent will linger for hours in your skin.

"I don't have any idea myself. All I know is that I am yours wholly," he answers.

Your heart bursts out of pure joy. Not only is this man the king himself but also a man who's good with his words.

"Have you been into relationships before?" You ask.

Taehyung chuckles, amused at your question.

"No darling. Only you," he answers.

You nod in understanding. Whatever it is that the king has seen in you must be something out of the ordinary to make him speak like this.

"I made Eli make packed breakfast for you and general Jungkook. I'm sure he himself won't eat," Taehyung led you directly to the stables where the carriages and horses are being prepared for your trip.

You can see Eli placing the basket of breakfast Taehyung has just mentioned.

"Thank you, your majesty," you speak and bow to him.

Taehyung smiles and tucks a stray hair behind your ear. For a moment, you forgot that Jungkook will be spending time with you. Him hugging you the night you fell asleep in the garden already entered your mind again. All together making Jungkook invade your head.

You mentally slap yourself in the face.

But you were wondering why has Jungkook been ignoring you and suddenly hugged you?

You remember him pulling his hand away from you.

First strike

Then Ella

Second strike

Him ignoring you.

Third strike

"Good morning your majesty," as if on cue, Jungkook greets the king.

"Good morning general. Have a safe trip," he greets back.

You stopped yourself from looking at him. How you wish he will just opt for his horse.

As if the heavens heard you, one of the stable keeper brings out Jungkook's majestic horse.

You let out a sigh of relief and starts calming your nerves.

Thank god

"We will your majesty," Jungkook bows.

Everyone got into places while Taehyung assisted you to the carriage where you will be sitting alone. The king bids his good bye to you as well and watches your company leave, Jungkook on yhe lead.

You helped yourself with the breakfast and made sure to leave food for Jungkook. He easily gets hungry yet he opted not to eat breakfast.

Stop Y/n! You know too much.

You scold yourself.

After a good one hour, you start to feel sick.

"Damn it," you mutter. "I shouldn't gad eaten," you add.

You can feel the food coming up.

When was the kast time you travelled in a carriage this long? You feel nauseous.

Motion sickness

Oh no

You move and signalled the coachman to stop. In one fast move, you were out of the carriage vomitting your guts out. Attendants offered help but you politely declined.

You silently went back in and then the trip continued. You thought you were done but your guts says otherwise, yous topped almost three times in between hours of travel. At this point, you're weak.

Jungkook, who's on the lead noticed that his company is falling behind.

"What's taking them so long?" He asked the one who's behind him.

"Your highness, lady y/n has been vommitting. She's probably tired and weak right now.

Jungkook looks back to your company and halts.

"I need to rest ny back, you lead my horse," Jungkook said and unmounted his horse immediately.

The carriage stopped one more time. This time, you're too weak to even ask why so you just close your eyes. You hear the carriage door open and when you open your eyes once more, Jungkook is entering.

With little to no energy, yous at up straight.

"Your highness, what brings you here?" You ask even though you're unsure if he'll answer you or not.

To no surprise, he ignored you and started wetting a cloth. He then brings it to your face and starts pressing it against your skin.

Your eyes widen at his gesture. Here he is again with his confusing acts.

"You should've stayed if you knew you had motion sickness," he solemly said.

"I don't have that," you mutter in an unenergetic tone.

Jungkook merely looks at you and purse his lips.

He continues doing that till you haven't realized that you fell asleep on his shoulder.

•••

Unedited

°°°

Alright, I owe you all an explanation. I haven't veen uodating frequently cause I recently graduated from University!!!!!!!!

Life update:

Currently applying for Australia

-Haeun💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 78 12
"welcome to jjong's twilight coffee shop ,what would you like to have?" - Park Jongseong "Well is the cutie taking the...
370K 9.7K 55
❝Promise me you won't leave me Park Y/n... ❞ He whispers softly into my ear. You're 23 years old and you live with your twin brother Park Jimin and...
22.9K 1.8K 15
It's a short love story of taekook...❣️ ࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇ " we can fall for many people but it can never replace our first love...
122K 6.5K 48
*Dragon King x innocent human* →→A story where A Dragon king found his mate as a meek, fragile human being.⏎ ❍Kim Taehyung, a Dragon King, is a ruth...