The Seawitch's Regret: A Litt...

By legendaryfever

(COMPLETED) A Little Mermaid Retelling through the Seawitch's eyes like never stated before. Everyone always... More

🧜🏽‍♀️🧭 Tags and Promotion 🍄🦢
The Seawitch's Regrets (Aesthetics)
The Seawitch's Regret (0)
The Seawitch's Regrets (1)
The Seawitch's Regret (2)
The Seawitch's Regret (3)
The Seawitch's Regret (4)
The Seawitch's Regret (5)
The Seawitch's Regret (6)
The Seawitch's Regret (7)
The Seawitch's Regret (8)
The Seawitch's Regret (9)
The Seawitch's Regret (10)
The Seawitch's Regret (11)
Seawitch's Regrets (12)
The Seawitch's Regret (13)
The Seawitch's Regret (14)
The Seawitch's Regret (15)
The Seawitch's Regret (16)
The Seawitch's Regret (17)
The Seawitch's Regret (18)
The Seawitch's Regret (19)
The Seawitch's Regret (20)
The Seawitch's Regret (21)
The Seawitch's Regret (22)
The Seawitch's Regret (24)
The Seawitch's Regret (25)
The Seawitch's Regret (25 Continued)
The Seawitch's Regret (26 B#1)
The Seawitch's Regret (27 B#2)

The Seawitch's Regret (23)

3 1 0
By legendaryfever

Tears of Regret

The sunlight blazes through the window reminding me every day passing, is every day closer to the wedding.

There were two sunrises left.

The people and staff here were at hast making all Lucino's dreams come true and breaking every maiden's wish:

Lucino will only marry one.

But if only he never wed.

If only everyone would see how I see him.

A part of me wonders, maybe this is all a misunderstanding and it is just jealousy clouding my judgement and fueling my anger.

Just maybe... I am different and it is a bad thing to many.

Maybe Levy is too.

So is Zestrella, but she's managed to hide it and that makes her better.

Because she won't get the hate or anger.

She won't get killed or hurt blatantly when not one knows her secret except those who share her same fate.

Levy is a mute and considered a retard, something that is frowned upon in this society.

But I refuse to give up nor let her be faced with that treatment.

She deserves better.

I'll kill Lucino and make sure those rules are changed.

And then we'll leave and travel the world forever.

Forever...

"This is all my fault," I furrowed my eyebrows, looking down.  I clenched the knife between my fingers, but still, I sighed.  "I'm so sorry Levy," I said to no one in particular.

As far as I knew, Levy was still sleeping or just about coming to it.

I felt her move besides me.  I looked over and she had a sad expression that said, 'Don't blame yourself, it was I who wanted it,'.

"But..." I could barely look at her, "L-look what I done to you!  A-a-and now y-you'll soon be gone!" I cried out hugging her at once.

She gave me a weak smile and wrote, 'Don't be like that.  It's going to be okay.  No matter what happens I'll still be with you.'

I frowned, "How can you be okay with this?  I have to help you!  I cannot live with myself if you die.  If you die, I rather be dead myself.  I have no other reason living for!  Can't you see that?" I frowned, tears pouring down my face at this rate and I didn't care,
        "I'm the one who made you like this.  Ever since then, I had this odd feeling something was going to happen terribly wrong and it has."

Her eyes widen in shock, 'How could you?  Lehz, I want you to live.  Live for yourself.  Live free for once doing everything you'd always wanted to do.'

"I can't.  How can I go anywhere without the guilt?  How can I when all I remembered was doing everything with you?  I hate being alone, but above all I hate doing anything without you." I looked down again,
         "And how can I tell Laiken his sister is dead and no longer lives if I ever go back to the sea.  I can't.  The other day I saw him and Lysandria.  I promised him you'll be alright.  Guess I lied.  Because you're refusing to do anything.  Why can't you just kill him?  After what he's done to you, don't you think he deserves it?"
       I laughed dryly, "Who am I to be kidding?!"

Levy gave me an angry look and she frowned at me.  'Don't you dare try to guilt trip me!  I know what I am doing isn't exactly fair to anyone but it is my choice.  I don't deserve to live if someone else has to die in my place that is not supposed to. 
          Besides I will be happy for Lucino if he has found someone who has made him, in fact, happier than he could ever be with me!' She wrote furiously and fast.  Her handwriting became a bit messy with how upset she was getting.
        'So Lehz, tell my siblings good bye for me.  Tell them I'm sorry for not being good enough and being so different.  Tell them I'm sorry that whenever I had my voice, I felt that everything I said was ignored.  And, Lehz, I do hope you'll still find joy in your life without me by your side...' She wrote the last part more calmly.

I saw her get up, but I wasn't focusing on her at the moment.

I pressed my hand against my face and deeply sighed.

If only she knew...

"Levy remember how I said I'd tell you that thing from my letter, and you begged me to tell you.  I didn't want you to know them because it would be better said out loud.  So I am going to tell you the truth of everything.
         I have no idea when it happened but the truth is that I love you more than anyone I met and I can't bare to see you die like this!" I suddenly turned around and realized she must had already left prior.

Abyssal, that was embarrassing, I hoped nobody saw.

She must have left after she wrote that last thing.

But even if I didn't love her, I'd still care.  Everyone else will care too.

That's what she doesn't get.

Just because they were cruel to her doesn't mean she has to give all of it up.

I want to show her how much she means to me and many others.

I walked out the door, "Levy?!" I looked around, which way did she go?  "Levithias?!" I called again, knowing I'd get a reaction because she hates her full name, even though I think it is a lovely one.  She says it's too masculine for her.

I saw Levy in the far distance, stop in her tracks when she heard my voice.  She turn her head towards me.

I carefully walked towards her and sighed.  She was giving me a harsh glare.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, "It was wrong of me to try to force you to do something you don't want to do.  That is why I will try to break this spell without you hurting anyone." I gave her a slight smile, even though I would do it instead.

She might be mad at me after this, but I could live with that when she will still be alive.  "And in the meantime," I added with a smile, "Let's do whatever you always wanted to do until that day.  I will do it for you and make it happen!"

She turned to me and smiled as if to say, 'Alright!'

All day I dedicated myself to Levy doing whatever she wanted, even with the lingering thought of the wedding in the back of my mind with what I had to do.

We explored the land, participating in several festivals--that Levy called wonderful; ate weird but cool snacks-- that tasted so sweet or bitter;
       danced in the town square -- with the music that played at noon; drank bubbly drinks; made masks or even little figurine, wooden dolls--
       I made mine to look like Levy and hid it from her everytime she tried to get a peek; and she always kept smiling-- I distracted her from the terrible events that are yet to come.

"It's so beautiful," I sighed, "I want to just live here forever with you."

Levy nodded.

My eyes lit up and I turned to her, "Imagine everything will be perfect.  No responsibilities, no annoying anyones telling us what to do or what's not the norm.  It'll just be us two in this whole abyssal world.  It will feel like that anyways.  And we can be together.  No humans gossiping servants or reputations." I exclaimed gesturing my arms around us to the world,

"Nothing like that.  And your entire family will be down in the sea and if you ever find in your heart to forgive them, you could see them.  But I don't forgive them for what they did-- what they put you through..." I told her, my voice trailing off.

I gave her my best smile and she leaned into me as she used to before we got into this mess.  Before when I thought maybe she and I could...

I laid my head over her shoulder like I used too as well.

I felt her move, trying to get up even with my eyes closed.

I opened them and looked at her in confusion, "What's wrong?  Don't you like it here?"

She shook her head, 'I do, but we must go back.'

I frowned, "Going back makes it all to real.  I want to stay like this forever.  Besides once I go back, I'm going to do something to end this spell." Shadows filled my face near my eyes, "You may not like it, but that's all I'm telling you.  If you knew, you'd stop me and I'd let you."

Levy frowned at me and stared in wonder.  'We will meet again after this,'

I shook my head in disagreement, "But Mermaids don't have souls.  After their time, they just become seafoam never to live into an afterlife."

She began to think for a moment before she slumped down, 'You didn't have to say that.  I just like to think to myself I'll always be watching you wherever I am.  I'll be with you no matter what.'

"If only I could take your place, I would.  Then you'll live your life the way you are supposed to for 600 mermaid years and then I will still be around-- just not where those who only lived once are.  But who knows, I could reincarnate and we could be friends again or I could just watch you." I gave her a smile, however, she looked upset at my words.

'I don't want you to die for me.  Why must someone have to die for me to be okay?!  I hate it!' She seemed to gasp and be filled with anger.

I put my hands on her shoulders, "Levy, whatever happens I just want you to know all I did was for you.  You realized that by now haven't you." I gave her a light smile,  "I am going to do something, you may not like it but I hope that someday you could forgive me because you'll be alive and that is what matters."

She smiled wryly and pressed her lips to my cheek.

I blinked several times and stood there frozen before I could properly move again.

Why did she do that?

I know it was on the cheek, but still.

Now I am even more confused.

She can't just do that before she might die.

She stared at me in confusion and smiled, 'Come on.  I thought we were going to go?'

"I was until you kissed me," but I didn't say that. Instead, I shook my head and sighed.  I turned to her, "Sorry, we should... go now ..I guess."

When we reached the chambers and halls in the castle I couldn't help but feel as if we were being watched with the odd quietness.  We went into her room and she laid down at once.

I laid down and allowed her to rest onto me.  At one time, she did the same for me and now it is my turn.

I waited until I felt her soundless breathing.  He eyes were closed and she rested peacefully.  She looked...  Happy.

"If I don't return, I'm sorry.  I either succeeded and got caught or I failed and also was captured.  I always loved you Levy and I still do, even if you may have not known..." I whispered as I press my lips to her forehead one last time.

A part of me was hoping she was awake and heard those words and would tell me she also loved me, but that would make me feel a whole lot worse.  But I did want her to know, so maybe she did hear and was pretending to be asleep for my sake.

I surrounded myself with shadows, a spell where only those can see me if they shed light into said shadows.

I grip my knife in my hand and kept walking.

Lucino's only mistake was showing me his chambers.

Because now I know where to find him.

Now I know where to finish his life.

And finish this deed and save Levy from a horrible fate that she doesn't deserve.

But as things happened before, things don't go as plan do they.

When I stepped into his chamber, there the man was standing with anger in his eyes.  The lights were dim and the shadows in every corner and section of the room.

"How could this be?!" Lucino exclaimed with madness in his face.  "How could she refuse the proposal?  She said she loved another nor will she ever love this prince?!" He hit a table.

Lucino,
I will not be attending your wedding.  There were rumors that you planned to pick me as my bride, but before you can ask that proposal; I refuse.  I do not love you nor I ever will.  I am off to be with whom I love.  I will never see you again nor face society again.  Good bye.  Do not look for me because it is hopeless.
However I recommend you marry that Levias girl instead, she is more than what you think.
        ~Zestrella

I stared at the letter and put my hands against my mouth to stop myself from laughing.  So she told him how she felt.  And recommend Levy probably from what I said.  I told her if he marries, she will certainly die.

But what happened next was something I could never forget.

"Marry Levias?" He seemed baffled at that thought, "Who does she think she is to ask that when that girl can hardly speak nor walk properly like a queen.  Besides I know that translator who is very gender-confused will still stick around making the laws out to shame." I heard his whisper in a low eerier voice that would give anyone chills,
    "Can't that translator just stick to one and not wear clothes meant for men and ladies?  If they cause anymore problems, we must do away with them at once."

I stared at Lucino with his back turned until I decided to make my move.

It was then I aimed for his head and upper back.

And then I stabbed him.

Liquid dripped from his body.

Blood spilled from his shoulders and I clasped a hand around his mouth to stop him from crying out in agony or calling for help.

He stood their in shock, not saying a word and soon he became lifeless.

Crimson colors stained the floor.  An almost lifeless body laid there.  I collected some of the blood.  When I bent down to collect the blood, I found out his face was making a weird expression.

       His features look almost different.  His nose was taller and more pointier.  His hair was covered in crimson from the blood-- but his hair was already a similar color so I couldn't tell the difference.  But he was more muscular and longer than usual.

I realized, I have did the wrong man.

It was some personal servant dealing with this and Lucino was nowhere to be found.

Abyssal.

I stared at myself and the crimson, but lifeless body.

However before I had time to react hands covered my mouth and neck as swords pointed to me.

I tried to mutter a spell that would deceive my appearance, but it wasn't working.

"Oh?" A familiar voice I knew all too well, spoke up, "How surprising.  It's you, the translator: Alehkzir.". His upper lip curled up into a wicked smirk.

"That's perfect," he laughed dryly, "Now I don't have to go out of my way to plan how you tried adultery with my bride." I staggered back, but only a little.

I wouldn't dare to even do that to someone -- let alone Zestrella.

"And why would I do something like that when I'm not into individuals like herself," I stated nonchalantly.  It was a lie, I was attractive to anyone really-- but he didn't know that.  Besides I haven't really thought of anyone that way when Levy is around.

He quirked his eyebrow, "Ah yes the other problem.  You can't decide on a gender.  Regardless you are going to die for trying to kill me." His eyes furrowed with what seemed like almost sadness, "I regret that you had to die, my friend." He turned to the lifeless body.

"Why were you planning on doing that to me?!  What about what you said earlier about me being-"

He interrupted me with a laugh, "Oh did you honestly believe those words?  The part about how I could have loved her," he gave me another sinister look, "I can't believe you feel for that.  I only said all of that so you would continue your stay here and then I could frame you for something before getting rid of you both."

I widen my eyes, "DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO HURT HER!"

He looked very amused, "You know, I could have announced that I was marrying Levias but change it last minute when I discovered she was having an affair with her translator." He sneered, "I often wondered who both of you were and where you'd come from, but it seems like you both are just delusional."

I widen my eyes in horror and then I broke.

I started laughing so endlessly an dryly, I couldn't hear anyone's words.  Everyone stared at me with madness and insanity.  I laughed a laugh that was so done with everything and wanting just one thing to go right for once.

Let her live for herself in freedom for once.

This time it was me who was giving the arrogant grin, "If I were you, you should run.  You'll soon be cursed to, for I am the witch who cursed Levy.. or Levias as you called her." Several of the servants and soldiers paled up in fear.

Lucino, however, wasn't bothered.  He just smirked.

"Then this witch shall burn!  And all spells this witch casted shall be burn with!" He laughed and gave a malicious smile.  "Who doesn't like entertainment before a wedding?"

I was met with darkness.

The next moment I was tied up, watching the first break of daylight with Levy right besides me.

BURN

BURN

BURN THEM

BURN THE WITCH

BURN THEM

&$#*&$#*  THOSE WITCHES

The chanting rang through my ears.  I felt the crowd of the humans triumph at the thought of entertainment -- us two being burned at stake.

What for? 

Being a witch and identifying as non-binary while Levy is only here to become purified of being a disabled, mute.

I guess they thought doing this would make her free from all of that, but there was a 90% of death.

They also said if I didn't live after this, it meant I wasn't a witch and I wouldn't be known as a criminal.

Their methods are... how do I put this... ✨ different✨

How reassuring

They kept chanting burn them or other similar phrases over and over.

I just wished it be over already.

I looked over at her and drooped my eyes, "I'm sorry, this is my fault and I failed to end the spell." I only whispered.

She shook her head and mouthed, 'No, it seems like this was going to happen regardless.  I'm just sorry you got caught up in it.'

Lucino then stated other evil claims and twisted ideas that we had supposedly done, like making Zestrella run away, for example.  And forcing myself on her, which I would never do.

I would never do that to anyone.

I smelled the smoke stronger now.  I wonder if I had enough magic to get Levy out of there or be invincible.  That way she won't feel it.

I saw the flames creeping up the platform slowly, but surely.

The hairs on my head sticked up like daggers.

I tried pressed my back closer to the poll and farther away from the flames.  I saw Levy doing the same.  Her eyes held fear in them.  I wanted nothing more than to hold and protect her from them.

There were only a few feet away now.  I stared at the sky, I stared at my life.

I remembered how I was once lonely and I thought Levy was actually the magical sun when I first met her.

I let her take me away into her world.

I let her bring me to all kinds of adventures.  We explored everywhere and see so much of the ocean.

I met her family, I pranked and put spells on her family.

She was grounded, but that didn't stop me from visiting her.

She teased me about how I thought her brother was cool.

She left to go to that school.

We sent letters all the time.

I visited her once.

I got jealous of her new friends, but they ended up being fake and I got sad for her.

I attacked Levy's sister for telling the Keth on me.

Levy returned and met my family.

She got along so well with them and even buttered up the Keth.

She saved a human.

I said goodbye to the clan.

We went to the land and...

The flames were inches away from our faces.

I looked at Levy once last time before shutting my eyes, "I love you more than any Ardizevepa could ever love a mermaid," I whispered as I felt one last tear fall from my eyes.

I had no idea what Levy's reaction was not did I know if she heard me.

There was suddenly a massive explosion.

But the next moment, I felt a long ringing in my ears.

I smelt the smoke and felt the blazing heat that hurt me way more than it could hurt Levy.

I was meant to be in the depths of the sea where the abyss is and this is too bright and too hot for an Ardizevepa.

I heard nothing not even the flames, not even the loud obnoxious crowd.

My ears kept ringing and it was hard to hear.

But all I knew was the ground shook like an earthquake or explosion and I just gotten soaked when a splash of water hit me.

All I knew that I only felt the remaining ashes of the flames on my face and black coal like feeling remained.

I coughed when the water hit me, but I couldn't hear what was going on.

I only felt ringing.

I struggled as I tried opening my eyes.  It was like they were forced shut, but they were also in pain.

When I finally opened them I saw a woman with a cape and cloak standing before us on the stage.

The flames were out and she had buckets of water.

Her face was stern and held a flat expression.

The girl seemed to be saying something, but I couldn't hear what.

I saw Levy, who was thankfully fine mouth something.

And I widen my eyes at what she mouthed to me, 'Why did Zestrella decide to save us and in return decided to marry Lucino.  She even dismissed all of his claims that said we are no criminals?!'

I widen my eyes, wait how does she know that?

I began to whisper since my throat strongly hurt, "How do you know this?"

But when I said that, I heard no words come from me.

I realized I couldn't hear a thing.

//Legend here,
this was surprisingly fun.
I knew the plan wasn't going to work out, but I was trying to think how it was going to fail.  That was when I decided to do the wrong person scenario.

And for the last part when Alehkzir lost their hearing because of the fire, it is based on real situations that happen.

Like in wartimes where there is explosions, bombs, and fire that can happen so I decided to make that happen.  The only downside to have it happen is that I couldn't write Zestrella saying a queen like speech that they are innocent, how Lucino is stupid and that she will marry him in return for their safety.

It also is temporary.

Legend tuning out~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 653 19
Suddenly, something bumped into the pod. I looked at the girls. "What was that?" I asked, nervously. Suddenly another bump happened. Then another. Th...
774 28 25
Tension between mermaids and humans had always been high, especially after the queen of the mermaids had been killed by humans, regardless that it wa...
110K 4.2K 17
Have you ever wondered how the little mermaid would be if Ariel was a male and she fell in love with the villain she was suppose to hate? Aric is ki...
17.5K 446 12
Storms bring love. Sacrifices make friendships. Anything would come in the way of love. And that all started with a little mermaid. A/N: Requeset...