Fitting His Views (texacali)

By 4Technical2Error0

undeniably the state house has.. conflicts. in this story we have a large focus on California and Texas. ... More

Tws, book info; etc.
piece 1
piece 2
piece 3
piece 4
peice 5
piece 6
piece 7
piece 8
piece 9
piece 10
piece 11
piece 12
piece 14
piece 15 end pt 1
piece 16 End pt2

piece 13

340 11 2
By 4Technical2Error0

As texas woke up he felt like he wanted to be calm but his heart was pounding and all his muscles felt sore, he shoved his face down against the couch, only to feel it push up against him. He glanced forward and saw cali laying under him. "This seams familiar.."  as he mumbled this he tried to push himself up but immediately regretted it. His shoulders were stiffened together and all through his chest, shoulders and triceps burnt.
    Texas looked at cali who seamed to move a bit, making him feel a bit embarrassed to be awake yet barely able to move off the other. Slowly texas put his hands out onto the couch on either side of California, deciding to try again at getting off. Slowly he started to move, but his arm gave out half way.
    As he started to fall off the couch he was caught by cali's arm, a very tired and seemingly confused look on the tired western state's face showing clearly. "Morning Firefly.. you good?" Cali asked him this while justt slowly pulling him back up on the couch, making texas look anywhere but at cali's eyes.
   "Oh im.. great, Goldie, never better.. thank you," although he was sarcastic mostly as he spoke, he mumbled the thank you at the end with sincerity, tiredness still slightly covering both of them.
   California nodded, slowly touching the back of his hand to Texas forhead, "you've cooled down some since last night." Cali mumbled before carefully pulling texas close, cali being to tired to really process, "pains are bad tho so you should.. sleep more..."
    Texas blinked before looking at cali, "no.. I should be ok, really, and its.. a time, we should get up," texas said as he than looked at the clock, "it's 9:30 already."
    Cali's eyes opened again to look at texas, "Listen, I know you're mister get up early and want to kill everyone unless you have coffee, but I'm a morning person because i get enough sleep. You wouldn't stop turning around and you were clearly restless for half the night. And before you say anything, I want you to remember that you just about fell off the couch; than remember, in your words, that I'm an annoying liberal who won't stop, now be quiet and sleep." With this california propperly held texas again before gently putting his head down on the pillow.
    Texas sorta just laid there with his eyes open at first, just blinking before he slowly moved down and rested his head next to cali's chest. Even if he wanted to argue, he was tired and.. well, cali was right.
   With this texas slowly shut his eyes to sleep again, but he never really fell asleep as he layed there with cali, he just got comfortable next to the other and stayed there with them, because what else would they really do? Soon enough he got bored and dug around in his pocket for his phone, carefully pulling it out in front of himself to be between him and cali. As he turned on his phone, he saw lots of notifications, first deciding to click on Tennessee's messages.

    TN:Message me when you're up so I can check in on you.

   TX: I'm up now but I can't really leave Goldie's grip

   TN: Goldie?

   Tx:Shut up I'm tired

   TN: I don't think I will, who exactly is Goldie?

  Texas sighed and muted Tennessee, going to Alaska's messages

  AK:hey little buddy, just checking in, how are you feeling?

  TX: tired but Fine

   AK: how do you define, fine, exactly?

TX:I'll live

   AK: suure, really tho, how are you doing?

  TX:tired.

  AK: can you rest?

   TX: obviously.

  AK: don't be a dick now

   TX: I said what I said

  Texas chuckled a bit as he left Alaska's chat, slowly turning off his phone. As soon as his phone hit the cushion, he felt himself get a bit more comfortable in cali's grip.  He was happy he got to message those two.. even if they were annoying.  He lightly set his forhead against cali's chest, feeling and hearing the other breath until Tex's slowly dozed off.
     When Texas woke up again,  he was still in cali's and but he noted that cali was awake now,  and he himself burning all over again. He tried to just push the blankets off but it caused him to wince, cali pushing the blankets the rest of the way off, "looks like someone wants more anything, " cali hummed as he gently sat up with texas,  letting the southern state move some in his own. As cali did this, he noted that Tex's wasn't moving his arms to much; the other had to bend around a lot more,  "are your arms hurting?"
     "It feels like the muscles in my back, shoulders,  and triceps, were set on fire with gasoline.." He yawned after he spoke,  drinking the water off the table before he slowly stood up, twisting a bit to pop what he could before going to get coffee. Once in the kitchen he heard someone behind him,  to which he turned, seeing new york. At first he moved out the way but new york raised a hand.
    "Cali said you.. your shoulders were burnin?" Texas slowly gave a nod and new york sighed,  "why does he always have to send me.. alright, come here, cowboy." Texas slowly walked over,  his shoulders stiffening from mostly awkwardness. "Do you mind if I touch em?" As texas shook his head,  new york carefully pulled him over,  placing a hand in the center of texas back between his shoulder blades and texas could only describe this as,  new york holding his vertebra in place.
    Slowly new york grabbed one of tex's shoulders, glancing at the southern state before pulling it back, making a loud pop come from it,  which made texas head shoot to look at his shoulder.  He didn't say anything,  he just starred at it. "Are.. did it hurt? " New york had grabbed tex's other shoulder, but he rethought it when he saw his texas reacted.
     "How the fuck does that work?" He questioned, looking back at new york, "it feels better I mean.. thank you,  but what the fuck was that? "
    Carefully new york got texas other shoulder, which texas would swear on his life popped even louder, before new york spoke, "your joints refind their place. Usually it just snaps back from if you slept word or somethins but there's also the chance of if your shoulders are often restricted or you lift to much to often that they fall out of place.." New York glanced at the counter before he grabbed texas coffee, "thanks,  now bye."
     Texas blinked as new york walked away, giving a shrug.  He poured another cup for himself before he heard a yell from the living room,  "That's sweet as hell!" Texas walked out with his new cup of coffee, drinking it calmly.
    "Doesn't look sweet tho." He muttered this while going back over to the couch, drinking his coffee tiredly. Cali wasn't there right now,  so texas took the time to just be in his own space for a minute.  He sighed as he drank his coffee in peace..
    He rubbed the tiredness from his eyes,  only to yawn than look up.. and, in front of him now,  was Tennessee. "What is it tenn?" Texas questioned as he continued to drink his coffee. 
     Tennessee looked over texas and offered a smile, "as much as I wanna tease ya right now, you ok?" He sat next to the larger state, carefully putting texas hat on him after he'd picked it up off the floor, "ya look a wreck."
    Texas stared at Tenn with a look of.. well,  texas.  "Thank you so much for your insightful input." He took another drink of his coffee and rubbed his eyes gently,  "I'm gonna go and shower unless you actually have somethin you have to tell me.."
    Tennessee smiled gently,  looking at the other,  "just letting you know gov excused you,  Oklahoma, and cali from meetings the next three days."
    "Oh boy, lucky day.." He sighed and rubbed his eyes again,  they felt like how you're eyes feel if you stand in the way of smoke coming off a bon fire, "thank you tenn, I know I'm bein a dick,  I'm just tired."
      Tennessee chuckled a he shoved texas hat down dirge on his head,  "quit rubbing your eyes,  you'll irritate them more."
    Texas shook his head and Teague his hat,  standing up to leave and shower.  "Later,  Tenn." With this Tex's was gone down the hall, making his way to his room she he shut the door behind him quickly.
    After sitting the door, he went to his closet and found his other binder, a clean button up (deciding to wear the red one he used to wear at meetings since he apparently didn't have to go for a few days) some sweat pants because to hell with it,  and finally just done boxers before he went in his bathroom. He glanced in the mirror as he set his clothes down on the sink,  realizing he was still in cali's hoodie..
   He shook his head and walked to the shower itself,  turning on the water,  turning off the lights,  than undressing himself after he shut his divider door that separated the rest room from his room.  As soon as he was in the shower, he felt his body relax. The warm water,  not hot or cold,  overall felt nice just hitting against his skin,  bringing his body to a more normal temperature.
    He didn't know how long he zoned out for,  just staring forward doing nothing,  but he did notice he was still alive and existing when he heard a knock at the door. "What's needed? " He called,  assuming the water down so he could hear.
    "I just uh.. had something for you,  can i open the door by chance?" Who.. Cali, California questioned him with an awkward tone.
     "Go for it, " texas called calmly,  knowing the shower curtain was dark enough he wouldn't be seen through it.  He heard cali open the door and they just continued cleaning himself calmly,  although a bit confused,  "what did ya need?"
     "I'll just.. the lights are off..? Whatever,  I'll just set it.. here- there. " With that he heard the door shut and texas sighed.
    "He's great at answering questions," texas muttered,  slowly finishing up- he never did this quickly,  showering was always a process for them
     About 45 minutes later,  texas finally got out,  snagging a towel from the rack he hung them on before he started to dry off. He noticed he needed a hair cut as hair stuck him in the eye, making them seeing their head back calmly to get it to go back. He went over to the sink after he decided he was dry enough to change, turning the light on so he could see his clothing.
    After turning on the light, he saw what cali had left.  He picked up a neatly folded hoodie,  pulling a sticky note off the front.

  'I don't know if you can wear your binder again yet and I know wearing clothes you wore when you were sick is gross so here !'
-Goldie

    Texas smiled slowly as he read 'goldie', noting that cali spelt it with, 'ir,' instead of, 'y,' and the center of the o and d had a small x in each of the little open spaces.
    Texas slowly stuck the note against the corner of his mirror, sighing as he skipped the binder and put on his button up,  fallowed by the golden date's hoodie before he put on his boxers and his shorts. He looked at the mirror and chuckled as he saw a little pot leaf stitched design on his shoulder,  he thought it was cute, obviously hand done embroidery..
   Texas left his bathroom and went in his room,  grabbing his hat where it hung next to the door before heading out towards the living room. 
     As texas arrived into the living room,  he hummed as he saw gov and Florida talking. Florida ran off to do something,  so texas walked over to question the government, "hey, so about the meetings-?"
    Gov raised a hand,  looking at texas,  "you aren't allowed in meetings for 4 days,  or,  until the 9th." As gov spoke, tex's drew his eye brows together,  "we aren't having 1 on the 8th anyway and when it comes to fires and drought I want you to focus on keeping up taking care of yourself. "
    Texas gave a slight glare,  he wasn't to mad really,  but he was being ordered not to go,  not given an option.  He looked at gov calmly before speaking,  "how long till Oklahoma gets to go to meetings." Gov sighed,  looking at texas.
     "Till the 7th, one less day than you technically tho since there isn't anything on the 8th, like I said. " Gov watched texas,  who he was surprised to see just sigh and not argue, to he looked like he had more questions. "Cali isn't ordered out of meetings but isn't being bugged to attend them either,  and new Mexico isn't allowed in meetings until fires get under control. "
      Texas nodded,  slowly speaking,  "do I have to get to some requirement? Or is this just the date decided?" As he asked this gov seamed to think on it.
    "As long as you're condition doesn't necessarily worsen them you get to come back the 10th, but, even if I want to keep you out longer, the 10th will be a check in day; so no matter what,  you get time at a meeting on the 10th." Gov lord over texas and sighed, "On a different topic, have you been taking care of yourself on regards of textbook?"
    Text book was gov's code regarding texas binder and things,  making sure he didn't wear it to long,  in the case of if Texas needed more T-shots, etc. "Yes,  and now California knows too, so you won't be the only one reading the fine print.." texas joked a bit on that,  noting how gov was constantly checking in and worried about them,  but texas saw gov give such an honest smile to him.
     "So he knows, are you happy about that?" Gov saw texas blush and gov laughed a bit,  "I'm not teasing, Texas, I mean it, was it on your terms? Are you happy?"
    Tex's put his hands in the pockets of cali's hoodie and have a hum, "I have to say yes I suppose.. not in a sense of force but it was on my terms and I'm comfortable with it. And they are very.. supportive."
     Gov smiled as he watched texas, seeing them get a little awkward yet happy in front of him.  "That's good than,  texas, I'm happy for you. I have to set up for a meeting that's on about 30 but just keep me updated on how things with textbook are going,  along with your fires and excetera." With this gov part texas on the shoulder and turned to leave the southern state.
  Texas sighed,  turning around to find someone standing behind him, " what's textbook,  little buddy?"
    "Ok,  I'm happy to see you,  but why are you back?" Texas smiled wide as he saw Alaska, moving over to stand near him calmly.
  Alaska smiled and gave a hum,  "well,  camping was fun but it's a bit less fun when you're camp floods." He smiled seeing texas surprised face, giving a shrug,  "but hey, whatcha gonna do? Now your turn,  what's textbook?"
     Texas thought quick,  smiling just a bit evily, "Don't tell me you skipped out on reading what gov sent out again."
     Alaska groaned,  rolling his eyes,  "and here I was thinking you might actually have some cool secret."
    "Alright; rude, literally just told you what it was. " Texas was getting better at hiding this stuff day by day.
   Tennessee walked in and quickly ran over,  jumping up and grabbing Alaska's shoulders roughly, "hey 'lask! 'Ow was campin?" Tennessee questioned as he tried to headlock the large state.
    Alaska gently shoved Tennessee off, getting all three to laugh a bit,  "fun,  I found lots of berries and some cool pieces of wood and stones" He said calmly as he leaned back against the wall.
   Tennessee nodded, smiling calmly,  "very cool, so what did I interrupt before gettin' over here? " shit tenn why.
     "Texas was telling me about textbook or whatever gov sent out." Alaska said while swinging his hand over to emphasize just how little he cared.
    "Gov didn' send out no message regardin' books," Tennessee said slowly,  which made both look with interest towards texas.
    "Yes, he just sent it out literally right after I got out the shower," FUUUUCK TEXAS YOU ARE ACTIVELY, SHOVEL IN HAND, DIGGING YOUR GRAVE.
     "I checked my emails before coming out here;" Tennessee said,  making Alaska slowly smile.
   "Little buddy- don't tell me you actually have some cool secrets you aren't willing to share with us?" Alaska teased, making Tennessee slowly smile.
   "No, no no no, I don't and-" he saw California walking down the stairs,  and he quickly turned,  "hey cali,  you just got the email about our new to textbook rules, right?"
    When cali started to raise a brow, texas shot a glance toward Tennessee and Alaska,  making cali quickly catch on,  "oh yeah,  something about a bill that most states are talking about at the meeting today,  why?" Cali's eyes traced over texas shirt,  noting that texas had actually warn the hoodie.. it made him smile.
    Tennessee stopped and glanced between the two,  "... today?  Like, the meeting in 20 minutes, today?"
   Cali nodded,  walking over while yawning,  "yeah it talks about fire prevention, lgbtq teen rights programs, how democrats are stopping Republicans from being able use our gas pipeline areas which will raise prices,  a lot of stuff. I think a total of 17 pages in the file-"
   With this Tennessee ran down the hall towards his room and Alaska just stood there, "did you just make all that up?"
     "There's also gonna be a mention of peda's laws which will be covering laws on animals made in between 2005 - 2016."  And Alaska was gone toward the garage. Cali turned to texas now,  looking at the other with a newly risen brow, " if either of them try to fight me now,  it's all on you."
    Texas chuckled a bit nervously, pulling the hem of California's hoodie,  "well... alright gov started calling stuff to do with testosterone and my binder textbook in case people over hear but Alaska overheard and asked me about it and then I misdirected what it was and it would have been fine but than Alaska told Tennessee and than they started-" Cali carefully shut texas jaw with his hand,  stopping the other from rambling.
    "Hey its fine, I only needed that first sentence,  ok?" Cali smiled gently as he watched texas blush a bit. Texas had started rambling more around California,  and frankly,  the golden state found it adorable. "Wanna go finish the episode of the Amber heard case we're on?" Texas gave a nod and both states went out to the couch where they,  at this rate,  were used to staying at.  As cali turned on the specific episode, the two sat next to each other,  texas gently leaned on cali's side.
    After a little bit,  texas looked at the table and grabbed the playing cards that were stacked up there, giving a hum, "have you ever played texas hold 'em?" He questioned,  recieving a no from cali,  "wanna know how?" And from there; the two started playing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 410 23
(Cover by hellllllnah) (TexasxCalifornia fanfic) California had a bad reputation as a dramatic bitch. Some said he was petty, hot-headed and a drama...
56.1K 1K 30
Veneziano goes into the library of the World Meeting building in Germany. He finds a mysterious book with everyone's flags on the cover. When the An...
81.8K 2.2K 165
A certain dalmatian escapes from the cats and dogs of the communal day after healing Hachiko's students; things almost went perfectly, aside from a s...
463 25 7
What do you get when a smooth talking himbo, a ditzy yet calculated male bimbo, a country boy who just wants to drive cool vintage cars and listen to...