The Little Lie ✓

By MaFIABooks

❛❛I spy with my little eye, a little lie.❜❜ Catherine Moore's courage to leave a cruel and abusive Maxwell Ke... More

WELCOME
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Eleven

16.8K 675 244
By MaFIABooks

The skyscraper was taller than my future, and it appeared to be expensive. Made of glass with a small tint but not so much that you can't see what's going on within. I look forward to see two security guards standing in front of the entrance. As I approach them, they look down at me and open the door for me.

"Thank you." I whisper out as i step inside, the marble flooring is so gleaming that I could see my reflection in it. I take a deep breath when I see women and men dressed in black hurrying by, clutching stacks of papers. As they hurry by me to separate rooms, I spot the reception desk in front of me and fight my way there.

"Good morning, welcome to AN and Associates. How may i assist you?" They spoke like robots with a smile, I could tell they knew how nervous I was by the way my fingers were drumming on the counter. 

"I have an interview, with Adonis Nicolaides at ten." She nods, glancing back down at her computer as she scrolls. I look around once more, then back down at my outfit. 

Adonis ended up choosing clothes for me to wear to work, suitable outfits. And thank god he went for something less revealing. I appreciate him. I guess I'm just not used to the idea of having someone actually help me. "Sorry, give us a moment." The receptionist whispers. 

I look down at my phone and search up the nearest therapist. 

ISABELLA HALE

THERAPIST IN NEW YORK, 0.9 MILES AWAY FROM YOU!

HAVE A THERAPY SESSION FOR FREE, THEN PAY $40.

She turns away and grabs a lanyard, handing it over to me. I switch my phone off. 

"Ms Moore?" That little prick.

"No actually, I am married now. Mrs Kelvin." She nods her head, typing in a different name.

"Twentieth floor on your right." She explains herself.

"Thank you." I make my way to the elevator, slipping inside the moment the doors open as i press on level 20.

I knew i should not but this eager feeling inside of me is tempted to switch my phone back on.

 Maxwell is not a good man, but we had amazing memories. I tried to help him, i tried my hardest but i did it in a wrong way by allowing him to slap me for the first time. Even though he apologised continuously for weeks, I should have left.

He is not good for me. But I cannot bring myself to leave him...

I guess it is true, it's harder to leave than to stay. 

I shove the donut into my mouth as I swipe on the iPad to see my day, I open my office door, only to see a blonde woman standing by the window of the city. She looked in awe, as if she has never seen the view of the city before.

Catherine Moore.

She makes a tiny movement of her head, only allowing me to see her side profile. My, she's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Her nose was perfectly curved, and her lips were big and visible from the side.

Her lashes brushed up against the lens of her glasses. Her long blonde hair fell in loose tangled curls as if tied to the back of her head, the sun reflecting on her brown, glowing complexion.

Giving it the radiance, it need to entice me. She wore a black pencil skirt, giving me a little view of her long legs along with a navy-blue blouse. It sat on her perfectly.

I broke the silence by throwing my files onto the table, she snaps her head around and her blue eyes are visible enough to enchant me. The rim was oak trees whilst the inner was the colour of leaves whilst the other was fully blue. Her eyes. Fuck.

She has a body women die for.

She is fucking beautiful. I noticed her beauty the night I bumped into her at one of my new clubs. "Seriously Adonis? An interview?" I smile. Why not annoy her a little?

"Ms Moore."

"Mrs Kelvin." She corrects me.

"Sit." I tell her what to do, and she listens before settling back into her chair. I pull my blazer over my leather chair, and she shuffles in her seat as I remove her CV from the glass table. "Tell me about yourself, Catherine Moore." I toss the sheet onto the desk and look up at her; she maintains a strong hold on my gaze. She doesn't run away or hide from my intense glare.

"What's there to know? You have my qualifications right in front of you it seems."

She's a biter.

I like a biter.

As i stare clearly at her face, I notice the yellowish mark around her eyes which she had tried to cover with make-up but clearly failed. Jake, my assistant, come inside holding my Vodka. He settles it down onto the table as i examine Catherine.

The way she sat; she knew what she was doing coming in my office with her shirt unbuttoned.

"Yeah, you're a qualified lawyer, studied and graduated at Harvard. Never expected this from you..."

"Well, I come with surprises."

"Now, the question I love to ask. Why do you want to work here Catherine Moore?"

"Because you offered me a job here."

"No, come on, lighten up." She rolls her eyes, sighing.

"Because I desire experience, and I feel your Law Firm organisation can provide that for me." She thinks quickly on her feet, taking only a few moments to come up with the proper replies. "If you choose me, I will not disappoint you. I am a diligent worker who can work nights and long hours without complaint."

"They all say that, then they quit the next day and make me lose money."

"I am not a quitter. I work hard Mr Nicolaides." Her lips part, and all i could imagine is having them around the tip of my cock along with my hand on the back of her head.

I give her a sinister smile, before standing up on my feet.

"Okay Ms Moore, a trial week, as my assistant." She furrows her brow, she never applied to be my assistant, she applied for an office job, but she would need to be put up for a test.

Let us see how diligent she can really be.

"I-I applied for an office job..." She whispers.

"Are you complaining already Ms Moore?" She shook her head quickly.

"Not at all, Mr Nicolaides." I wanted her to scream that while my cock is slamming into her because of the way it slides off her tongue. What the fuck is this? What the fuck is this?

When I hit my button, the door on the side opens in a split second, and my employee walks in with my second shot of vodka. She offers it to me with a sly smirk before heading back out, not looking at Sophia. "And as i have said for the hundredth time. It is Mrs Kelvin."

"Good. Be here at seven a.m. tomorrow. I prefer my coffee black and without sugar. Go to the reception desk to get the firm's guidelines and present them your licence and contact information. Always keep your phone turned on."

As she rises up, a smile tugs on her lips, revealing her lovely legs before straightening her clothing. "You do know we are coming to work together?"

"Unfortunately, I have something to do in the morning so I will get my driver to take you."

"Then I believe this is the end of our meeting," she takes her hands out to shake mine, and once my hand lands in her grasp. I feel my heart beating.

Beating for a married woman, you fucking fool.

The way it fitted into my hands, just perfectly.

The softness of her grip.

The way her eyes automatically found mine.

"You can let go of my hand Adonis." She whispers.

Oh shit.

She released and turned away, "do you need a ride home?" I ask her.

"I'd rather walk it; it isn't far after all." She begins to walk towards my office door, "also, thank you." I pick up another donut.

"For what?"

"Thank you for helping me, it-it means a lot to have some-" she stops midway, "thank you Adonis." She whispers before leaving me in the depths of my despair. Wanting to know what she was about to say.

I could see how shocked she was when someone offered her help.

It was as if no one was ever there for her when she needed them.

I'm a lawyer, I notice these things. 

However I know that he's hiding a little lie somewhere...and I am going to figure it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 43.7K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
403 33 33
This book is now available at Barnes & Noble and nook. This is now only a sneak peak of the book. Trina is a writer, one of her books finally made t...
357 28 11
A fun-loving young woman yearning for financial freedom and love becomes entangled in lies and scandal while working for a cynical billionaire. ...
61K 3K 18
Book 1 | Completed | Niko Molchalin has always been a reserved man. As the owner of Inked-a tattoo shop-the need to speak hasn't really been an esse...