Broken Lies | 18+

By writerbjames

When Aurora decides to escape Blackthorn asylum, her first stop is a random house on a very long road. That... More

๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘๐’
[๐ŸŽ] ๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
[๐ŸŽ.๐Ÿ“] ๐‚๐Ž๐•๐„๐‘๐’
[๐Ÿ] ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‡๐Ž๐”๐’๐„
[๐Ÿ] ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐”๐๐ƒ
[๐Ÿ‘] ๐“๐‘๐Ž๐”๐๐‹๐„
[๐Ÿ’] ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐ˆ๐’๐“๐„๐‘
[๐Ÿ“] ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐€๐‘๐“๐˜
[๐Ÿ”] ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐”๐‘๐๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐„
[๐Ÿ•] ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‡๐Ž๐“๐„๐‹
[๐Ÿ–] ๐ƒ๐Ž๐๐”๐“๐’
[๐Ÿ—] "๐Š๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐‡๐ˆ๐Œ."
[11] ๐…๐Ž๐‚๐”๐’
[12] ๐’๐ˆ๐‚๐Š๐Ž
[๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘] ๐๐„๐€๐‚๐„
[๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’] ๐’๐ˆ๐‚๐Š
[๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“] ๐–๐‡๐Ž?
[๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”] "๐ˆ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐๐ƒ ๐‡๐„๐‘."

[10] ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐‹๐€๐

8.1K 125 30
By writerbjames

CLARIFICATION: Emilia is about to be three, which is why she can speak in sentences.

[ENZO]

"Do you think this is a good idea?" Aurora asks, sitting down next to Sophia, who's bandaging her stomach. Not to long after I called someone to clean Mickey's body, I had Alessio run to the store to get some first aid shit so Sophia could bandage herself up.

"Yes," I clear my throat, "This is probably the best idea I've had in a while."

Alessio stands, walking over to me and putting his hands on my shoulders, "I'll help you with whatever, Enzo."

I nod, "I know you will."

He walks into the bathroom, closing the door. Aurora clears her throat. "So um- what's the plan?"

"Well, we're going to his house, break in and grab the file he has in his desk... it contains every kid he's messed with."

Aurora pales, "How many kids do you think he's done that too."

I avert my eyes, "Probably more than you think," I say, "He's been doing this for years. I've tried to stop him; canceling the shipments and helping the children get out but, he always found a way."

"That's fucking disgusting." Sophia mumbles.

I nod, "Yeah, that's why we have to do this now and end this." I demand, "This can't keep going on."

Alessio walks out of the bathroom, grabbing a water from the mini fridge, "I agree. We should go tonight."

We all nod, Aurora speaks up, "Sophia can't go, she's injured."

Sophia scoffs, "I'm fine. It was just a graze."

"It could've been worse, balls. You could've died."

"But I didn't, I'm fine. I want to hurt them just as much as you do." She says, "Mickey tried to rape you. Vince will die because Mickey was one of his men."

"Okay," Aurora nods slowly, "But you stay close to me."

"Got it."

I stand, going over to the nightstand next to the bed and grabbing my gun from the drawer. Aurora coughs and clears her throat, I turn to look at her, her face is flushed... "You okay?" I smirk.

"Yep." She squeaks.

I chuckle, checking the gun and turning the safety on. Alessio sighs, "I have to check in Emilia before we go," he looks me in the eye, "Just in case."

I nod, "Of course." Whatever he needs.

We're out of the room in fifteen, our bags in hand. I hop in the back with Aurora while Sophia and Alessio sit up in the front. Aurora coughs again, "How long does it take to get there from here?"

"Maybe an hour." I say, "If you're tired, you can sleep, darling."

She nods and sneezes, "Ugh... I better not be getting sick."

I grimace, "I hope not."

Alessio starts the car, driving out of the hotel parking lot. "If you guys want to come in and see Emilia, you can."

Sophia claps in excitement, "I can't wait to see her again!"

Alessio laughs, looking at Sophia and smiling. "She loves you, Soph."

"Soph?" Aurora asks, raising her eyebrow.

"What?" Sophia shrugs, "It was just something that popped up... shut up, Ronnie."

Aurora laughs and coughs. "Does anyone have a tissue?"

I twist myself around, grabbing my bag from the back of the car, taking my small package of tissue out. "Here."

She smiles, "Thanks."

"You're welcome, Darling."

Aurora falls asleep against the window as we continue to drive, her tiny snores fill the car making me snicker.

Sophia turns up the radio, 'Habits Of My Heart' by James Young fills the car. "I love this song." She says quietly.

For the next hour, I'm stuck listening to sad songs... Don't get me wrong, some of them were good.

Aurora stirs awake, stretching her arms out, managing to hit me in the face. I groan, "Ouch."

"Sorry, En." She yawns. "I have no control over my arms."

I laugh, "Your brain okay?"

"Nope." She pops the P, "I am exhausted."

I nod slowly, "You can stay and sleep if you want. You can always meet Emilia another day."

"No it's okay." She smiles.

We both get out of the car, following Sophia and Alessio towards the front of his house. He takes his keys out of his back pocket, unlocking the door and walking in.

The familiar sound of my two year old niece's giggles hits my ears, making me smile. "Bunny!"

I groan internally at the use of her nickname for me. I smile softly as she runs towards me and motions an "Up". I grab her under her raised arm and sit her on my hip, "How's my favorite two year old?"

"I'm good, bunny! I have a boyfriend!"

Alessio chokes on what I think is air, "You don't have a boyfriend, 'Em."

"Yes I do, daddy!" She giggles loudly before jumping out of my arms and rushing to Aurora, "Hello."

Aurora laughs, "Hello, Emilia."

"You're pretty but... who are you?"

"I'm... a friend of your uncle and daddy. Sophia is my sister, too."

Em gasps, "I've always wanted a big sister, c-can u be mine?"

"Sure."

Sophia speaks up, "Are we eating with the maid or are we waiting until we do that thing?"

Alessio sighs, "We should go but I think dinner is a good idea."

"Me too," I say, "What are we having?"

— « ❀ » —

I'm sorry for such a tiny and useless chapter. I am not doing well with covid and currently feel like death... but I do hope you liked this one. I'll try and update soon.

— « ❀ » —

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 281 47
(45 chapters including bonus chapters. New edited version coming soon!!) (MAFIA HEIR SERIES BOOK 2!!) Antoni Smith-also known as Toni-looks to have...
1.2K 55 17
Hell is the only thing I can think of when you ask me about my life. Having been tortured and abused since adolescence by not only my father but his...
941K 26.8K 54
"Where the hell are your shoes?" The stranger asks. "I sleepwalk." DISORDER SERIES: INSOMNIA DAMAGED ADDICTION Notice** These books do not have the s...
30.7K 662 29
*arrange marriage* Marino lucciano(29) is known for being ruthless and cruel. The number 1 Italian Mafia family, is ruled by him. Having Mercy is th...