๐ƒ๐€๐๐‚๐ˆ๐๐† ๐๐”๐„๐„๐ | ๏ฟฝ...

By lesbology

"I like your-your purple laces!" "Thanks! It's my favourite colour!" | ๐‘๐Ž๐๐ˆ๐ ๐๐”๐‚๐Š๐‹๐„๐˜ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐Ž... More

DANCING QUEEN
PROLOGUE
ACT ONE
I. HAWKINS HIGH'S FAVOURITE CHEERLEADER
II. CHRISSY CUNNINGHAM IS NOT OKAY
III. DEFINITELY NO MADONNA
IV. THE POLICE OUTSIDE MUNSON'S TRAILER
V. EDDIE MUNSON IS NOT TED BUNDY
VI. WHAT A STONER WOULD WATCH
VII. IT'S BUG
VIII. VECNA HATES THE YOUTH
IX. BEDTIME HORROR STORIES
X. THE NEXT VICTIM

XI. PENNHURST MENTAL HOSPITAL

364 22 3
By lesbology

CHAPTER ELEVEN
↳ pennhurst mental hospital

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Laurie Fisher had never in her entire life expected to be walking on the grounds of Pennhurst Mental Hospital, dressed smartly and going to interview her childhood fear. It was actually quite funny, since she was definitely not be the type to get such a prestigious opportunity, though she certainly looked the part. Pennhurst Mental Hospital certainly wasn't the place she planned on going, considering the people who were here, but, here she was, wearing a long blue skirt, a white blouse and a pair of black Mary Janes. Robin and Nancy were both on her side, standing tall as they walked towards the entrance. It was rather overbearing watching each patient as they passed. She didn't mean to stare, but it was unconscious. 

However, as much as they tried looking professional, Robin looked beyond appalled, shaking slightly as she tried walking properly in her heels.  She complained, "I can't breathe in this thing, and I'm itchy. I'm itching all over."

"It's not all about comfort." Nancy replied, gritting it out slightly. "Okay? We're academics."

Robin snarked, "Who are evidently coming straight from Easter brunch." She looked between her and Nancy, before commenting on Laurie's outfit. "Though, Laurie looks less Easterie."

"I'm an atheist." She shrugged, glad she didn't look like she was coming from an Easter brunch. That would definitely have butchered her mood up. "Nance where'd you get this bra it makes my tits look great?"

Nancy eyed Laurie up strangely. "I am--- I won't be answering that."

Laurie groaned. "Fine, I'll just look at the label later." She turned to Robin, giving her a small smile. "You know, your boobs look good Robbie."

Robin groaned, her face red as she adjusted her chest. "This bra that you gave me is really pinching my boobs. This is so-- why is it so uncomfortable?" She whispered to Laurie, her mouth a-gap with confusion.

Laurie shrugged. "Your boobs look fine. I'm sure they're fine." Laurie didn't at all notice the blush that coated Robin's cheeks once again.

"Okay. Could you both just let me do the talking? If that's even possible?" Nancy directed the last bit towards Robin in particular, though Laurie knew it was also directed towards her.

"It's not only possible, it's inevitable." Robin hissed, clearly very uncomfortable in the state she was being put in. Laurie wondered if Steve would've been able to cope if he was the one dressed in a frilly dress. She assumed he'd somehow be able to pull it off. "Because shortly, I'll be dead from strangulation."

"I can give you CPR?" Laurie offered, a playful grin on her face that Nancy Wheeler certainly didn't miss. "And anyways, at least you'll die with your boobs looking great!"

Nancy turned to Laurie with a small scowl. "Please, for the love of everything good, don't mention boobs! I want them to take us seriously!"

Laurie's eyebrows furrowed together. "But I am serious! Her tits look great!"

Robin went red once more.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Years ago, Laurie's mother liked to tell Laurie that a smile was the way to win a man's heart. As someone who did not find romantic attraction to men, Laurie decided that a smile was the perfect way to manipulate a man into giving in to her. She gave an almost giddy smile, her nose scrunched up and her front teeth in sight to Robert Hatch. Dr Hatch, the ever so intimidating man, seemed to be staring at Laurie a lot, though she didn't care. She didn't care if his stares seemed to be directed else where than her face.

She just needed to convince him that she was a true academic scholar.

"3.9 GPAs." He mused, looking at the three girls slightly impressed. She put down the papers and remarked in slight shock. "All three of you. Impressive."

"And this is a recommendation from Professor Brantley." Nancy passed him the paper, giving a polite smile. Laurie noticed Robin shift in place, adjusting the dress almost uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I know Larry. Quite well, actually." Robin and Laurie both exchanged a look, finding that coincidence something unexpected.

That should've been the first red flag.

"Eh, you know what they say. "Those who can't do, teach.""

Both Hatch and Robin chuckled and Laurie copied, averting her eyes down to the ground slightly.

"Uh, yes, yes, that's actually why we're here." Nancy replied, exchanging a smile. "I mean, we can only learn so much in a classroom."

Laurie gave a smile, nodding at what she was saying. Being Evelyn, some extremely smart and academic character, was more challenging then she had imagined. For years, she had played the role of the airheaded blonde, now here she was being the academic scholar that she could never see herself being. It was all an act, she reminded herself. You're Evelyn, speak how Evelyn would speak. She'd say something smart... Yes, she'd say something intelligent and wouldn't make herself look like an idiot. "Yes, and us girls have a curious mind when it comes to these sorts of things," she gave a quick exchange with Nancy, who nodded her head. They needed to seem as convincing as possible to appeal to this man that they were in fact three students willing to work on some thesis. "It comes naturally with such minds, academics seem to open unlimited doors for the mind to indulge on, though a classroom is rather suffocating for the free mind to roam around."

Hatch hummed, looking at Laurie. "Yes it does. And I'm sympathetic to your struggle, truly. But there is a protocol to visiting a patient like Victor." Laurie held back the look of pure disbelief that enveloped her the moment Hatch began droning on. They needed to see Victor Creel, not for their benefit, but for Max's. "You put in a request and then undergo a screening process, at which point the board will make a decision." Hatch finished his explanation and immediately looked at the girls. "I can see you're disappointed." He exhaled. "But I'm more than happy to give you a tour. Perhaps you can even speak to some patients in our low-security wing."

"And we'd... we would love that." Nancy gave a forced smile, very much emphasising the fact that what he suggested wasn't exactly what they wanted from this visit. Laurie, or well, Evelyn, hummed.  "It's just that, um..." Nancy clicked her tongue. "...our thesis is due next month."

Laurie had hope that this man would have some sympathy and let them do what they needed to do. Although, it seemed as though he brought nothing but disappointment.

"And you're out of time. Whose fault is that?" He gave them a cold stare and Laurie couldn't help shift back awkwardly, faltering under his stare.

"Ours. Absolutely."

Laurie nodded. "Yes, uh, you see this visit was premeditated, however this was the only appointment we could book."

Nancy nodded at Laurie. "Yes, just as Evelyn said. And I do apologise--"

"Don't apologise, Ruth. Screw that." Robin blurted out suddenly, making both Nancy and Laurie turn their heads her way. "Just like Evelyn said, we did put in a request months ago and were denied. And then we reapplied and were denied again. And coming here was our last-ditch effort to save our thesis. And I really... I can't breathe in this thing."

Nancy gave Robin a pressed smile. She gritted out, "Well, Rose, maybe you'd like to go outside and get some air. Maybe Evelyn could accompany you?"

Laurie nodded. "Yeah, Rose, c'mon."

Robin looked back at Nancy. "Maybe I should go with Evelyn, Ruth." Nancy hummed, straining even more. It was like watching their plan wash down the drain. But it wasn't. Not at all. "Because I'm starting to think this whole thing is a colossal mistake. I'm breaking out in a rash. My boobs hurt." She held onto her boobs rightly, turning to Hatch with frustration. "And I'll tell you the truth, Anthony. May I call you Anthony? These aren't my clothes. I borrowed them because I wanted you to take us seriously. Because nobody takes girls seriously in this field. They just don't." Laurie and Nancy exchanged looks, realising that everything would be going according to plan if Robin kept this up. "We don't look the part or whatever. But can I tell you a story? 1978, I was at summer camp. And my counsellor Drew told me and everyone in Cabin C the true story of the Victor Creel Massacre. And little Petey McHew... You know Petey, right, Ruth, Evelyn?"

Nancy confusedly nodded. "Of... Of course."

Laurie nodded. "Yes, of course I do." She gave Hatch a convincing smile, before adding. "He was my best friend at the time. A fragile little thing, always a bit scared of things that didn't exist. Rose had a certain fondness for taunting him though, vicious thing she is." Laurie turned and grinned at Robin, who was still staring her way.

Robin hummed. "Yeah. Little Petey McHew started sobbing right there on the spot. Full-on hyperventilating. The other campers couldn't sleep for weeks. I couldn't either, but not 'cause I was scared. Because I was obsessed with the question, "What would drive a human being to commit such unimaginable acts?"" Robin passionately spoke, her voice captivating to listen to. While it wasn't exactly the right moment, Laurie felt herself go warm in the cheeks. Robin sounded beautiful as she spoke and it made Laurie into putty, weak at the knees. If she had been standing, Laurie knew she would have collapsed.  "Other kids wanted to be astronauts, basketball players, rock stars. But I wanted to be you. I wanted to be you. So, forgive me if I'll now try anything in my power, including wearing this ridiculous outfit, if I might get to speak to the man that ignited my passion and learn a little more about how his twisted, but let's face it, totally fascinating mind works."

If Laurie didn't know what she knew, she probably would've believed everything Robin was saying.

"So, yes, we don't have the official paperwork, but don't tell me that cry-baby Petey McHew wouldn't have gotten an audience with Victor in moments if he'd asked politely, because you and I both know that he would." Robin looked absolutely determined, faltering to make her request. "So... ten minutes with Victor. That's all I ask."

Laurie watched Hatch almost cautiously. She could tell he was speechless, not expecting any of that to spew out of Robin's - well Rose's - mouth. From first impression, she must have looked like some timid student willing to let her two other friends speak for her. But here she stood, speaking for all of them in an effort to get what exactly what they wanted.

And he gave them exactly that.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Hatch gave them a tour of the grounds of Penhurst. Laurie assumed it was a warm up to the three getting exactly what they needed, though she actually found it rather intriguing to view an asylum in this perspective. It almost looked dull, nothing like the way films portrayed it. There were no screaming patients being strapped down, only calm, perhaps empty, humans trying to survive.

"These are our gardens. Beautiful, aren't they?" Hatch commented as he showed them the gardens. They looked well kept, well watered but ultimately just like a normal garden. Laurie hummed, though didn't say anything as she walked with both Nancy and Robin. "We allow them two hours of outside time a day."

"Can't they just escape?" Robin queried, genuinely confused and intrigued.

Hatch replied as they continued walking through the yards. "They could. But the vast majority choose to be here." They entered into a room where some music greeted them. It was a rather calm room, patients sat calmly and simply existing. Hatch wistfully explained. "This is one of our more popular areas. The listening room." He continued, "We found that music has a particularly calming effect on the broken mind. The right song, particularly one which holds some personal meaning, can prove a salient stimulus." Laurie thought about that for a moment, curiously watching the people who were listening to some music with a content look on their faces. "But there are those who are beyond a cure."

They followed him down stairs, the door slamming behind them. Laurie and Robin both exchanged a look as they trotted down the stairs together.

Nancy spoke carefully. "Uh, Dr. Hatch, do you think it might be possible for us to speak to Victor alone?"

Hatch turned back and looked at them as they stopped, frowning very clearly. It was clear he didn't expect that sort of request from any of the girls. "Alone?"

"I... I think that we would just love the challenge of speaking with Victor without the safety net of an expert such as yourself."

Laurie nodded, furthering Robin's point which a reason herself. "We'd perhaps find Victor more willing to speak openly to us, alone?" Nancy nodded at her, smiling as Laurie emphasised what they needed. They didn't Hatch or anyone he associated with hearing what they really had to ask Victor. She added, crossing her arms over her chest and staring up at Hatch with doe eyes. "Of course, we can handle ourselves. I promise you everything will be alright!"

Robin hummed in agreement with what Laurie was saying. "Then we could really rub it in Professor Bradley's face."

Hatch caught onto Robin's mishap, questioning it immediately. "Professor Bradley? I don't believe I know a Professor Bradley."

"Brantley." Nancy immediately corrected, urgent to make sure they didn't lose their legitimacy as expert scholars. It wouldn't appear great if this mishap went uncorrected.  "She... she meant to say Brantley."

Robin immediately smiled, laughing off her mistake. Both Nancy and Laurie joined in. "Didn't I say Brantley? What did I say?" It was best to play dumb. If they acted as though she said nothing of the sort, Hatch would catch on. Though, Laurie saw the smile Hatch had on his face and she couldn't help narrowing her eyes at him. "Sorry, silly me. Words, letters. Guess I'm just nervous. I mean, excited. So excited to speak with Victor. Preferably, as she said, alone?"

There was always a chance he wasn't a fool and was beginning to catch on to their lies. Laurie wasn't stupid to ignore that. If they ignored it, then the results could be deadly. Laurie, as an observer, knew that very well. She knew you had to watch and wait, listen and keep an eye on whatever game you were playing. She had done it for years, watching people and how they reacted to small things.

While she wasn't an academic scholar like Evelyn was, Laurie Fisher was a social excel. She thrived in social settings where she could analyse body language and so many other things for hours on end and never get caught. So, she watched Hatch with a cautious eye yet careless smile, batting her eyes at him like some helpless school girl. It felt disgusting, but she knew one thing about men like them: women were a weakness.

She watched him because for all she knew, he could be catching on. He could be playing in their little game, waiting to strike at the right time and catch them off guard.

So Laurie watched as he played their game, undoubtedly playing his own in his head.

He agreed to Robin's request. "Yes. Why not?" His smile gave Laurie a feeling that he knew something. He did, after all he didn't run a mental asylum for no reason. But, she couldn't back out now. Not when Max's life laid on the line right in front of them. "You've caught me in a rebellious mood."

Laurie knew, right then and there, that Hatch knew something was up. She knew now that their game was over and that now they were playing Hatch's and if Laurie was smart enough, she'd play his game accordingly and find a way to improvise a way out when the moment came. She could tell neither Nancy and Robin had caught onto the thought of Hatch realising, from the way they were it was clear they thought he just had some urgent matters to attend to. But, Laurie knew and if she had to be the only one aware then so be it.

Robin Buckley and Nancy Wheeler would find a way to improvise eventually. Right now, their biggest worry was how they would obtain what they needed from Victor Creel.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

WOOOOOW IT'S BEEN A WHILE GUYS--- SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT HERE IS AN OVERDUE UPDATE

SORRY FOR THE DELAY, THINGS JUST GOT HECTIC IN MY LIFE (she says as she wrote a finnick odair fanfic that she has dedicated her soul)

but anyways, enjoy <3333

(i wrote this months ago oopsies)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 277 17
๐€ ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐’๐ญ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐จ๐ง ๐ฑ ๐Ž๐‚ ๐’๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ‘ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐ ๐–๐‡๐Ž ๐–๐€๐’ ๐Œ๐„๐€๐๐“ ๐“๐Ž ๏ฟฝ...
177K 6.2K 31
"๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ก..." "๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ. ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ... ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ข ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง, ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ." ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ...
6.9K 152 17
๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐Ÿด๐Ÿฌ๐˜€ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ, ๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฐ. ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ต๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜† ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜„๏ฟฝ...
8.3K 141 25
๐ผ๐‘› ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘โ„Ž ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘™ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘˜. "๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ฃ๐‘œ...