Love Punched | COMPLETED

By SkylerChase29

❝ I'm as much a bad-boy as you're an average girl. So I suppose that answers both our questions. ❞ •♤• Lila S... More

IᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴT
Aesthetics
Dedication
01. Oblivious
02. They bet?
03. A Nuisance
04. Sly Intentions
05. Universal Signs
06. Annoying Guys
07. Tricked
08. Black & Blue
09. Deep Talks
10. Friday Fights
11. Holy Turn On
12. A Brilliant Idea
13. Messed Up
14. Everyone Has Secrets
15. Irony At Its Finest
16. Jalapeños
17. Damning Conscience
18. Confrontations
19. Unwanted Changes
20. Body Building
21. Convincing
22. Sad Anniversary
23. Downhill
24. Slip Of Control
25. Backstory
26. Complexity
27. Changing Perceptions
28. Backstage
29. Not Ready Yet
30. Birthday Boy
31. Smitten
32. Burning Up
33. Knowing Lila
34. Knowing Derek
35. Interested?
36. Talk It Out
37. Connections
38. What Happened?
39. Get It Over With
40. Strained
41. One Chance
42. Wildcat Vs Wolf
43. Birthday Girl
44. Tell Me
45. High On Emotions
46. Kiss It Better
47. Fall Prey
49. Bittersweet
50. Be Mine, Kitkat
Epilogue

48. Warning Bells

3.5K 207 137
By SkylerChase29

(Derek's P.O.V)

I shared a look with Cameron and Warren who were on either side of me subtly.

We were all pretty much on the same page and I already knew this would happen because Diego had warned me. When the men burst in, I didn't put up much of a fight and came along. Nora was shaking as we watched the scene before us unfold.

When Roy punched Lila, I knew she'd been terrified. She'd been faced with the monster form her nightmares and it wasn't easy on her. But if there was anything I knew about it, it was that she was a survivor and she could put him in his place.

And after that first punch, she kicked into gear. I was glad I could be helpful even if I was watching helplessly. I suppose I understood how she must have felt when they murdered Mellisa in front of her.

He kicked her but she blocked and then he rained down blows on her face. The Wildcat put up her hands and her forearms took the brunt of it as she got her bearings.

"Fuck." Warren cursed, rage evident in his white-knuckled grip.

I wondered for a split second where Tatiana was because it was suspicious but I was also half-glad to not face her.

My cousin watched calmly and the only thing belying his own emotions was the tight set to his jaw. I was so close to twisting around and giving the man holding a knife to my throat a taste of his own medicine but held back.

Lila needed this. This was her fight and I was supposed to follow Cam's actions. We all were. Michael and Nora was close by and looked at us. I tried to convey to them that it'd be okay but Nora's eyes were tearing up as she switched from looking at us and then Lila again.

She grunted at a particular kick to her stomach and he took advantage by punching her face. Blood bloomed on her cheek and I growled. They were both wearing rings to deal real damage but I'd rather not see the bruises and scratches on my Kitkat as she went feral on him.

Lila screeched and growled and hit him wherever she could, her emotions dominating her actions. It was both a good and bad thing because she usually used strategies when fighting.

Lila ducked to avoid a jab and with a growl, punched him in the gut before kneeing him too. He gasped and then hissing, grabbed her by her hair.

I winced, on edge and breathing hard.

I wanted to kill him myself but there were more than a few things that were preventing me from it.

They both stopped and pulled away, breathing heavily and I watched as Roy's eyes traveled over my Kitkat's figure with a greedy hunger that made me want to gouge his eyes out.

"I'm gonna kill him." Warren was glaring at the scene and I was convinced he knew it was Lila under the mask.

A mask that was ripped off her face with a cry of pain as Roy laughed. "Pretty face I'll ruin, Lila Smith."

A choked up cry escaped Nora and Michael closed his eyes in resignation. Warren was furious and moved to take a step but the man holding knives to us growled and pulled him back. War glared at him but stayed put and glanced at me and Cameron.

I was clenching my fist and body strung tight, watched as she stood up tall without the mask.

"I'm gonna make you pay for all your sins, asshole."

In response, Roy Gambino smiled.

A noise rattled the arena and the door opened to let in....

Tatiana holding Rebecca with a gun to her head.

I cursed, watching as both Lila and Roy only spared a glance at the newcomers before resuming their fighting.

Rebecca looked over at us but Ana tightened her grip on the arm. "Don't look at him." She hissed and I closed my eyes.

Another innocent was involved in this shit now, great.

"God, this is fun. I want to kill you both so bad." Pressing the gun to Rebecca's temple and glaring at Lila, Ana's comment stirred unease.

"You're not supposed to be here, Ana." Roy wiped his mouth on his sleeve and commented without glancing over at the sister he so loved.

"Well, I ran into Rebecca here and it only seemed fitting to have our puppet join."

A sinking feeling in my stomach and a slight pounding behind my eyes commenced.

"I am not your pup-"

"Shut it, bitch." Ana pulled on Rebecca's hair and she yelped.

Warren's eyes were so dark right now that I was sure he would end up killing someone. Starting with the guy behind him.

Roy chuckled as he heard and I saw Lila's anger climb up. "What in the world is your problem, you Monster?"

Roy's eyes widened in mock surprise and everyone sucked in a sharp breath as Kitkat spoke.

"You, actually." And then he elbowed her hard in the abdomen making her gasp.

Roy grunted in pain when Lila managed to punch him and blood poured from his nose. I hope she broke it. She spat at him, blood on her teeth as she grinned angrily.

His anger flared and he pounced on her, twisting her arm and then out slid a knife from his pocket pressing against her abdomen.

Lila stilled and I'm pretty sure so did I, her metallic grey eyes meeting mine and I tried not to breathe heavily but calm us both down instead. I exhaled and her eyes fluttered.

"Now....should I start?" And he did.

Roy cut Lila, the tank top and skin both, making her bleed.

I froze as she cried out slightly.

And then all hell broke loose.

"I swear to God, I'll shoot her here and now if you so much as touch a hair on any of us."

Having pivoted out of Ana's loose grip, Rebecca now stood with their positions reversed. The gun was in her hand and pointed at Roy's sister while her arm was twisted. Rebecca glared hatefully and my brows jumped.

Roy didn't stop, instead digging the knife in deeper and Lila bit her lip hard. My heart broke and I prepared myself to kill the guy holding me back before I'd torture Roy.

"Rebecca Atkinson." Roy gave her a small cold smile. "Or should I say, The Leopard?"

All of us had widened eyes trained on the blonde but she remained steel-spined. "Stop it or I'll shoot."

He narrowed his eyes and eased the knife off. I watched as Lila's face contorted into a painful grimace and blood soaked her dark tank top. She needed to get medical help quickly.

Rebecca's identity being revealed was something we'd deal with later. Right now, she was twisting harder on Ana's arm and the latter girl yelped in pain.

"Stop it, bitch!"

I was sure that despite her own capabilities, it was only because she managed to catch Ana off-guard. Otherwise Tatiana was no doll, she was well versed in fighting and holding her own but Rebecca wasn't giving her an inch.

"Ah!"

Rebecca fired the gun and it hit a few inches off Roy's shoulders. Kitkat's eyes widened, her breathing labored.

Warren cursed and looked over at Rebecca as Michael and Nora slipped to the side subtly, their men loosely guarding them.

We could tell Rebecca was winging it with the gun but the shot wasn't something that could be ignored.

We might have more problems. Or help coming soon.

"You shouldn't have done that."

With one flick of his hand, Roy had the men tightening their grips on us and the sharp metal cut into my skin. I glanced hurriedly at Cameron and found him grinning over at me while Roy pressed his thick forearm against Lila's neck, cutting off her air.

"Go."

No sooner had Cam uttered the word, everything erupted into chaos.

I kicked the guy in the shin and twisted around, incapacitating his knife-holding hand and kneeing him in the back to make him fall on his knees. He groaned but I didn't stop and saw similar struggles between the other guys.

More of the goons that had been standing by the side rushed over, guns and knives in hand. I glanced over at Lila only to find her grunting as Roy pressed harder on her wound.

Sadistic bastard.

I sneaked out of the fray that had just ensued, aware that all my friends were fine and Nora was being....protected? By a stranger?

Diego!

As I hurried over, Roy's eyes fell on mine as he inched away with Lila in his grasp whose ash grey eyes were wild.

I reached them and ducking under the rope, found myself sharing the ring space.

And then I kicked the guy as his attention flew to me. Lila took advantage, trying to pull out but couldn't.

Not when he stabbed her side again.

"Ah!" She hissed in pain, blood pooling further.

I stopped still, hating that he could control my actions because of a weapon he had no qualms about using.

Lila wasn't some pin cushion for god's sake!

Kitkat closed her eyes and I could easily read the pain and trauma on her face. It wrecked me.

"Watch how I hurt her, Derek. You hurt my sister and I'm gonna hurt your girlfriend. Fair trade."

"No, it's not." I pushed the words past my clenched teeth.

Rebecca and Tatiana were now full on fighting for control of the gun and everything was a mess.

Clangs ran out and yells were escaping, sounds of flesh hitting flesh filled me.

"It is." With wide crazy eyes, Roy pressed his lips to Lila's neck.

And I went feral.

I took the risk and with a growl filled with hatred, grappled to pull away the knife. It sliced my hand but I ignored it as Lila gasped for air, having been choked by his forearm till now.

Lila kicked him in the leg and I aided her, pulling her towards me. We both hissed as our wounds stretched.

He sliced the knife in the air in front of me but I dodged.

And then I charged at him.

I had so much anger to take out on the guy. He may have ring clad hands and a knife but I had my emotions.

I socked him hard in the jaw and he reared backwards with a grunt but I didn't give him time to recover. I pushed on him until we were grappling on the ground and the punched with wild abandon.

I hated this man for the vile things he did, for the gleam in his eyes speaking of his many crimes.

I wanted to make him hurt and pay, to kill him for what he put Mellisa and Lila through. For whatever he was holding over Rebecca and calling her his puppet.

For the fear he induced in me throughout my time dating Ana and for ruining a girl that had been genuinely nice at one point of time.

I wanted to kill him for making me spiral downward and getting me involved in his shit.

So I punched, panting hard.

My knuckles bruised while Roy bucked his hips to get me off him. I'd taken him by surprise and Lila and I were two against one so I'd won the advantage. But now he was showcasing that he was strong enough.

Blood coated my knuckles and poured from his nose and mouth. But it didn't satiate me. I growled and grabbed him by the collar, glaring.

"Vermin like you deserve to live a pitiful and tortured life."

He chuckled and then sucker punched me. I bent slightly, still pinning him under me as I gasped. Pain in my lower abdomen but...

But then I spotted him coming in stealthily from behind.

My moment of distraction cost me because Roy managed to buck me off him and as I slid for an edge, Lila slip into my vision. She held the knife in her hand that dripped with both our blood, pressing hard against her wound and I grit my teeth.

Roy rolled him shoulders and went to strike for Lila while I climbed to my feet as she raised the knife in her hand--

But before I could do more, yells stopped us all.

"FBI!! Hands up!"

Diego pressed his gun into the back of Roy's head and suddenly the whole place was filled with men in drk blue and yellow words spelling out 'FBI'.

Everyone froze, including me.

Diego Morales fit the look of a man in uniform right about now. This must've been the backup. But um, FBI?

He grabbed Roy by the forearm and I could see the burning itch to just shoot him in Diego's eyes.

Personal feud gain?

My chest rose and fell and the adrenaline rush was receeding as I stumbled forth. Diego's eyes flicked to my surprised ones and he gave a small reassuring smile.

Lila was still cluthcing the knife, eyes trained on the Gambino man and blood-the sight of which made me frantic-dripped from her wound. She was unsteady on her feet and her eyes fluttered.

Blood loss. Abdominal wound. PTSD.

Not a good mix.

"We meet again." Roy's grin was bloody from my punches and a part of me rejoiced. Diego glared at the back of his head. "FBI though? That's unexpected."

It was.

"You might not remember me but I've been chasing your damn ass for four years. It ends now."

Whoa. What?

I felt that it was fine to risk a glance around and saw that Blue was now filled with strangers, the metallic scent of blood, sweat and anger.

I spotted Cam and Warren being pulled away from the men they were beating up and Michael was stepping off some guy's fingers.

Ouch.

Nora was safe and sound in the corner, protected by two men in FBI uniforms whileas Rebecca still held Tatiana in her grasp but now on the floor with a knee pushed against Ana's spine.

I quite liked the scene to be honest.

All of them sported light bruising and that I could take.

The mafia men and goons were subdued by the FBI's skillful force and relief flooded me.

"I though you promised to kill me, Lila Smith. Or were those empty words?" Roy's crazed eyes and words were meant to provoke my Kitkat.

She let out a shaky laugh, her vision was probably blurry. By now I was standing beside her and as she fell towards the side, I caught her in my arms. I shot a loathesome look at Roy who looked both cold and deranged.

"Killing you would be a mercy." She pushed away from my embrace and support and I understood it when she stepped forth, closer to him.

Diego kicked his knee and with a clenched jaw, Roy went down even though he could definitely put up a fight. I was still on high alert but now laser guns were pointing their red beams at him too and Roy's men were outnumbered.

Lila was breathing hard when she spoke but her words carried the full extent of her loating and wounds. "I hope you're tortured and kept on the brink of death constantly. That's what I want. Death..." Her jaw clenched and she swallowed audibily, "Death would be too easy."

And then Lila proceeded to surprise us all.

She raised her foot and it flew right between Roy's legs as he remained on his spread knees, connecting with his junk.

My eyes widened slightly.

Roy sucked in a sharp breath but grit his teeth at the hard impact and I could imagine the pain. I winced but for someone like Roy, I think he deserved much worse.

Diego's eyes flew up to hers but she was only looking at Roy, a tear slipping down her eye right before she aimed another kick at him.

This time Roy couldn't keep down his painful howl and then with blazing eyes, sprang up. My eyes widened as I lunged forward but Diego was quicker and shot him in the leg.

"Don't move!"

"Roy!" Ana cried out and he hissed as he crumpled back onto the floor, his wound pouring out blood instantly. Red.

Fuck, Lila needed medical attention ASAP.

I frowned and grabbed her by the forearm as she took back an unbalanced step. "Easy, Lila."

She was shaking. My hand was aching and still bleeding.

With a clenched jaw and hard tone, Diego spoke. "Roy Gambino and Tatiana Gambino, you're under arrest for the illegal usage and supplying of drugs, running a sex racket, for murder, rape and and endless list of crimes you'll finally pay for." He was hissing by the end of it.

"I didn't recognize you." He smiled though his clenched teeth. "But was it your girlfriend or-"

"My sister that you sold. Yeah, you motherfucker. I've gathered enough evidence and now you're finally in the FBI's hands."

Whoa, what the fuck? This was not counted on.

Before any of us could do anything furthur, Diego's eyes swung towards us. "Get us medical attention, quickly!"

His shout was answerd by a, "Yes Sir!" from somewhere and then I closed my eyes momentarily. More of the men got into the ring and Roy was handcuffed.

"Go get yourself treated first."

WIth that, Diego turned and Lila pushed her face into my chest. More people, strange people, came into the ring and helped us get out.

I think they were capable of first-aid.

I think I'm in shock.

•♤•

(Lila's P.O.V)

"Hey, you're gonna be just fine."

Derek.

"We're here for you."

Mom's voice?

".......do the surgery....fine....of course..."

The voices blurred and my vision shifted as I opened my eyes. Bright light made me close them again and I groaned. Movement felt difficult. There was a throbbing in my abdomen like it was harbouring my heart instead of my chest.

I struggled to draw in a breath and make sense of everything.

Roy. Diego. Rebecca. Derek. My friends.

The FBI.

I felt incable of stringing my thoughts together cohorently.

"....chances are.....Alright..."

They were still talking and I was....moving. Maybe a stretcher?

Ah, because I had a wound.

Wait, my parents were here? A surgery? What happened?

"We'll be waiting, sweetheart." A kiss against my forehead and worry in his voice, that was my Dad.

"She's strong." Diego's voice crossed over.

Someone rubbed my arm and a few sobs sounded but I didn't get the chance to think it through before darkness called me to itself.

I think I saw Mellisa smiling in the darkness.

"You did well." She smiled like always. "Now live please."

And then everything went silent.

And black.

•♤•

A/N

So I struggled a bit writing the whole build up and fight scenes, I don't know why but I'd be grateful to know if it turned out fine.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and keep reading! I'm going to miss this book though. Oooof, anyways, what do you think of Diego being undercover FBI? And Rebecca being The Leopard? Secrets were rushing out in this chapter, eh?

I hope the pacing was okay, though.
Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks!

~Skyler

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.9K 1.7K 37
Allie was your Grade A typical Tom-boy who hid her crush on her neighbor, best friend, and mostly hero Michael James. He was a mama's boy through an...
16.2K 276 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
1.9M 47.8K 43
You know them boys that ride the best cars, the hottest guys walking on earth, the players, the popular ones, the ones that are called 'bad boys'. We...
29.8K 1.5K 41
*Featured on Wattpad Teen fiction* For the record, Cameron "Cam" St. James got arrested for a dumb prank. Off the record, it was far from a joke. It...