Love Punched | COMPLETED

Par SkylerChase29

❝ I'm as much a bad-boy as you're an average girl. So I suppose that answers both our questions. ❞ •♤• Lila S... Plus

IᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴT
Aesthetics
Dedication
01. Oblivious
02. They bet?
03. A Nuisance
04. Sly Intentions
05. Universal Signs
06. Annoying Guys
07. Tricked
08. Black & Blue
09. Deep Talks
10. Friday Fights
11. Holy Turn On
12. A Brilliant Idea
13. Messed Up
14. Everyone Has Secrets
15. Irony At Its Finest
16. Jalapeños
17. Damning Conscience
18. Confrontations
19. Unwanted Changes
20. Body Building
21. Convincing
22. Sad Anniversary
23. Downhill
24. Slip Of Control
25. Backstory
26. Complexity
27. Changing Perceptions
28. Backstage
29. Not Ready Yet
30. Birthday Boy
31. Smitten
32. Burning Up
33. Knowing Lila
34. Knowing Derek
35. Interested?
36. Talk It Out
37. Connections
38. What Happened?
39. Get It Over With
40. Strained
41. One Chance
42. Wildcat Vs Wolf
43. Birthday Girl
44. Tell Me
45. High On Emotions
46. Kiss It Better
48. Warning Bells
49. Bittersweet
50. Be Mine, Kitkat
Epilogue

47. Fall Prey

3.8K 197 94
Par SkylerChase29

(Derek's P.O.V)

"I've known for over a month. Or two."

My pretty Kitkat stared up at me with a deer-in-headlights look, a storm in her metallic eyes, and I couldn't help the grin that tugged at my lips at having gleaned such a rare expression.

Already, I felt powerful.

It was a heady feeling that she trusted me and bared herself to me last night.

That's why I let it slip. That I knew about her being The Wildcat. It was now or never. I realized that she may have decided on revealing it after she dealt with Roy, but that might not play out the best for me since I already knew.

Secrets could become festering sores and infect out newly-built tentative trust.

Lila and I had been surrounded and connected by similar secrets, and yet we'd kept them from each other, and it'd only created more problems. Now, though, I just wanted to be there for her today and give her my full support even as she kicked ass in her purple mask.

"How?"

Her eyes, full of confusion and panic, kicked me in the gut as I pulled her closer and onto my lap. Color rushed up her cheeks.

I'd seen my Kitkat blushing more and more, and I loved it. Loved that I could elicit such reactions and open her heart slowly and steadily.

There'd been a time when I'd thought to myself that I'd 'tame' her. Much like any hot-blooded, arrogant male who'd made the personality of a stereotypical bad boy his own.

I chuckled inwardly at the irony because if anyone had done the taming, it had been her. She could have me on a leash, and I'd still be happy.

I'd never meant to objectify her in any way. Or any woman. I respected them enough. But when you're an emotional teenage guy, your surroundings feed a misplaced ego.....

Well, I'd embraced that persona for so long, hiding from my own self and my own past, that the traits I'd adopted for mere appearances became a thought process without my knowledge.

I didn't think twice about that change until she came into my life. Until Lila stood up to me and made me question every ideal I'd strayed from.

"You know how I was always interested in The Wildcat's identity?"

She shrugged, squirming on my lap, and I cursed, putting a hand on her hip to steady her. I gave her a dangerous look, "Unless you're ready to get on your knees for me in the morning, I'd suggest not moving your fine ass over my hard-on, little Wildcat."

She looked at me with her lips parted and her breathing unsteady, blinking as she turned a few hundred shades of red and her grey eyes darkened.

The scene made me harder, but her words wrenched a groan from me.

"Yes, Sir."

It was a rather natural response, as if it just slipped out.

My brows jumped in surprise, and she cursed as she closed her eyes, turning away from me. I smirked as I grabbed her chin, and she cleared her throat.

"Is my Kitkat a secret submissive?" My lips ghosted over her soft cheek.

I was surprised but I did expect it. She might like to have control over everything, but usually, such people like giving it up with their partner.

My chest swelled as I realized that:

1) I was someone she trusted
2) I was touching her, and I'm pretty sure I was going to marry her and
3) She wasn't denying or rushing away from me.

"No, Sir." Lila shook her head and cursed again. "Stop being so....so...so...dom-like!" She hissed and brought her hands over her flaming cheeks.

I chuckled. "Don't worry, we'll play with toys and cuffs alike once you're ready for me."

She rolled her eyes and swallowed thickly, shaking her head again as if it'd drop the heat and tension the room was filled with now. "Anyways, you were saying...?"

I pulled her closer and closed my eyes, hissing through my teeth as my hard-on felt her skin drag over. Plus, I might only be in my boxers, but that did not help with my problem, and it hurt.

How long had it been since the last time I took someone to bed?

Oh, yeah, that'd be around one month after I met Kitkat, and now I'd been celibate for over, yep. 6 months.

"Right." I cleared my throat and caught her smirking as she rolled her hips slightly. I growled and pulled her off my lap.

"Don't be a brat, sweetheart."

"You should've expected half good girl, half brat, Sir." She wickedly batted her lashes at me, and I chuffed.

I nodded with my eyes on her as she rose a challenging brow. "I can tell we're going to have a very interesting sex-life."

"But before that, I'd like to know how you figured out about my alias."

I put my arm over my eyes and groaned. "Right."

A feather-light touch trailed down my arm, and I knew Lila was tracing my tattoos. She seemed to have a fixation with the tattoos and had spent a fair amount of time exploring the ink.

I continued, "When I became The Wolf, I came to realize all the preparation that went backstage to make us unidentifiable. I realized that the use of contacts, temporary tattoos, and makeup was big." I lowered my arm and met her eyes as she stared riveted.

"Then I saw the purple hair extensions you wear when I went snooping." I winked at her, and she sighed as if she expected that. "My suspicion increased when I came to know of your story and that you had reasons to be the Wildcat. But in case you weren't, I didn't want to mess things up by bringing it up. I felt drawn to both you and The Wildcat, and I needed to know if you were the same person." I shrugged.

"But you kissed The Wildcat." She bristled.

"Which was you." I helpfully pointed out.

She exhaled sharply, "Yeah, but you didn't know that then."

"Did it piss you off?"

"Well, that's complicated. I was glad you were drawn to me as The Wildcat because it was a side of me, but at the same time, it felt like you were cheating on me." She frowned, pulling on the hem of her shorts.

Cheating on her? I'd rather die before doing that.

I didn't voice it out, though, because I wasn't going to make our relationship official like this. Because we liked each other.

Right?

My questions were pushed to the back of my mind when I saw the eager look on Kitkat's face.

"But I didn't kiss the Wildcat." I explainend.

"You left a hickey, a big one." She gave me the stink eye, and I grinned.

"That's how I confirmed that Lila and the Wildcat were the same people, though. So I'm not sorry." I raised a shoulder unapologetically. "Also, the small mole on your chin . I just smudged the make up used to cover it."

Lila gave me a stupified expression. "What?"

"Very ingenious and original, right?" I drawled as I drank on her expression in delight.

She licked her lips and a her brows pulled together, "And what about the time you...left me the Kitkat..." Her skeptical eyes were showing signs if realization.

My lips quirked upwards. "I had my doubts. And well." I shrugged, "It was a fun experiment to drive you into a corner of confusion."

She glared at me, "That was very mean."

"I know." I calmly responded, grinning.

Kitkat scoffed, "So basically......You left a hickey on me, smudged my make up and used it to confirm that it was the same person?"

"Repeating it won't change it, and hey, it actually worked, so." I flicked her nose, and she scrunched her brows. "Besides, having you pinned against the wall and fighting with you as The Wolf made me 90% sure anyways."

She leaned away with narrowed eyes and repeated, "How?"

I smirked, my dimple popping up because her eyes were drawn to it. "I know your height, the feel of your body, the way you move. You could wear a mask or get a facial surgery, and I'd still know it was you."

Lila folded her arms across her chest, and my eyes dropped to her firm tits. "Fuck."

"That's devious." She huffed.

I could say the same, Kitkat.

"But you like it."

She faltered and then looked away.

"No harm, no foul, Lila." I raised a brow. 

I didn't want her to be mad at me, we'd barely worked out everything. After a few tense moments, she sighed and I knew we'd be okay.

I grabbed her hand and pressed my lips to her knuckles, watching as her breath hitched. "For the record, how many people know you're the Wildcat?"

"I'm pretty sure Grace knows but we've never talked about it. Diego knows of course. Tasha. And Cam."

I frowned and dropped her hand, "Cam?"

She rolled her stormy grey eyes in exasperation but I clenched my jaw.

"I enjoy watching you getting jealous—"

"I do too, especially like the time you held my hand in front of Ana." I smiled at her.

She glared. "How dare you compare your ex-girlfriend to a guy who's as good as my brother?"

I looked away with a nonchalant look.

She poked my cheek.

"Derek."

I folded my arms across my chest and slipped lower in her bed. It smelled like her. Something leather and something floral. A mix of scents that worked for Kitkat.

She groaned, "Are you pouting?"

"Sulking." I supplied.

She let out a snicker and I refused to look at her.

"You want to smile, I can see it."

I did.

I closed my eyes like I didn't care.

Then soft lips pressed against mine and my eyes flew open. It was a fleeting kiss and Kitkat pulled back with a mischievieous smile but I grabbed her by the back of her neck and pulled her in again.

"No teasing allowed." I think I sounded pained. 

I kissed her again, feeling the smile on her lips as she straddled me and I tangled my hand in her hair, pulling and angling while I tasted her. She mewled and I groaned, my tongue exploring her mouth, the taste of her and we gasped for air as the tension wracked up about five times.

I felt like I was burning. Burning for her.

"Derek..."

I kissed her again, feeling her hands on my shoulders tighten as she shivered under my touch.

"Okay, no, I have to go to Blue. We'll never get out at this rate."

I frowned as she stopped kissing and we breathed in heavily. I rubbed my thumb against her swollen lips, liking the beestung and dishelved look a whole lot.

"Right. You have to prepare for the fight against Roy."

The ice cold water over the heat I'd been feeling was the sad reminder.

She patted my bare chest patronizingly and then gave me a rueful smile. "Did Diego tell you?"

"That and I'm not dumb. I put two and two together ever since I found out you were The Wildcat."

Lila sighed, her long mahogany hair tangled as she slid off the bed. "Makes sense."

She didn't speak and simply sat with her back turned towards me on the bed.

"It'll be fine, Kitkat. Trust me." 

She flashed me a small smile over her shoulder but I could pick the anxiousness in her tone. "I hope so."

"I'll take a few swings at him since I can't kill him myself." Anger burned through my veins as I remembered the fact that he'd branded Lila and raped and murdered Mellisa.

Her fists clenched as she stood up. "I'd rather you stay here."

"Yeah, no—"

She threw my phone in my face and I glanced at the screen to see a text from Diego telling me not to follow Lila to Blue because that'd ruin their plans.

I scowled, utterly displeased with the order.

"Stay."

"And you'll come back to me?" The question wasn't for just now, it was a monumental one for what was to happen after.

She smiled and it lit up her whole face, "Who else will call me Kitkat?"

•♤•

(Lila's P.O.V)

I inhaled sharply in my training room at Blue, the memory of Derek's arm tightly wrapped around me, his kisses and his words, the scent of his cologne and the revealation that I was The Wildcat as we lay in bed this morning was too pleasant to ignore.

But it was turned bitter by my impending doom.

On the other hand, I felt more liberated and confident going in today because Derek meant so much more to me that I could've imagined and now there were no secrets between us. It was almost the ending. 

The feeling of having silent support and a weight off my shoulders was addictive. And yet I could never forget what made me who I was. The pain and the struggle.

"This is your chance, Lila." Diego threw at me my bottle and I drank from it, body all warmed up.

"I know."

The Spanish man observed me, features set hard. "I won't be there for you but remember that you waited for this for two years. Remember everything I've taught you."

I nodded, gulping down the water and then pinching myself to remind that this was reality.

"I know."

Diego approached me and then turned me to completely face him, "You don't disconnect yourself from all your pain. You embrace it, Wildcat."

I nodded and gave him a slight smile as he exhaled and dropped his hand.

"I'll be ready with backup and hope it work."

"It has to." My mouth turned dry.

He stilled and then with dark eyes, he nodded. "I'll neutralize and you do the same subtly. Revenge is finally within our grasp."

Someone banged on the door and we both turned. With a glance, I opened it, having remained mostly silent.

Tasha stood out there, her afro wild and chest heaving. "They just left their overnight motel. They'll be here soon. It's time."

I nodded slowly, my hair tied in a braid tightly and my outfit for the upcoming fight furnished with my trademark mask.

I was wearing a tank top because I didn't like the idea of exposing skin in front of Roy that much. And shorts.

Diego slid past me as I keep holding the door open, and I could feel my heart pound against my ribcage.

"Alright. Everything is set." Diego met my eyes and a feral smile curled his lips.

"Let's make him pay for underestimating us."

I shook my head and clenched my fist. "Let's make him pay for everything."

And then I stepped out.

•♤•

"What a wonderful place Diego has made." Roy walked in, wearing a shirt and pants while I stood in the ring as if I didn't gave a damn.

His men filtered in like flies and–

"I thought an audience would make our little showdown seem more, you know, authentic." His eyes widened as if to make his point. The emotion was out of place on his cruel features.

I tilted my head as I watched Nora, Cam, Michael, Warren and Derek get ushered in with knives at their throats because of course, that's a scarier weapon. My heart skipped a beat as I watched them from under my mask and Roy observed my reactions.

I understood his actions. Really did. I was also supposed to be probably breaking down or crying but that would satisfy him and thus the last thing I'd want to do. So I grit my teeth and prayed to the ones up above that nothing bad would transpire today.

"What's with the mask?" A sardonic smile curled at his lips, an expression I'd seen when he'd been torturing me two years ago.

My eyes met Derek's from above in the ring and he held my stare with a tense smirk. Although I hated him being in danger, he could still hold his own and there was something else that filled my chest at the sight of him.

I wasn't alone.

I needed to remind myself of that.

Cam was the one I looked at next and he looked calm as a cucumber. Well, considering he had enough military training, I was pretty sure he could beat these guys. Probably also why Roy must have put three of his useless men on him. One of whom I recognized from the day two years ago.

If I answered Roy right now, I'd be giving myself away as the Wildcat. If the others didn't already know, that is. And I doubted any of my friends were dumb so they'd probably figure it out. Especially Nora, she's always had an inkling about me being the Wildcat but like Grace she never really confronted me.

It wasn't that I hadn't expected the Gambinos to pull such shit and using loved ones against me but Diego had assured me that they'd be safe. Right now, if they were here then that meant Diego's assigned protective detail failed and that scared me more than I cared to admit. Still, I trusted Diego must have a back-up plan. He always did.

"The bodyguards were easy to knock out, you know. I feel as if you and your man, Diego were underestimating me."

Fear for my friend's safety choked up my throat before I looked back at the Monster.

He was putting on rings. Big ones with stones that'd hurt if he punched me. Could make me bleed. I knew because along with my hand wraps, I too was wearing rings for today. I wanted as much physical contact as possible.

"Diego Morales. He seems to have given you false hope." Roy started walking steadily, ignoring the fact that I wasn't responding to him and I stiffened as Nora yelped. I saw that it was because the knife was digging into her throat dangerously. And I could do nothing but watch.

Fuck.

I looked back at the Monster who was grinning like a maniac. "He's nothing but a small-fish with some goons though. You placed your bets on the wrong person."

I internally cheered. 

We'd known he'd definitely run a background check and it seems we were successful in leading his beliefs astray.

Roy entered the ring and suddenly all I wanted was to step back.

I felt scared. Weak. He could do anything to me and I wouldn't be able to stop him. I froze.

Two years I'd prepared for this. I was a badass, trained, a fighter. I could do this. 

Or not.

He chuckled as he came closer and I didn't move when he pressed his mouth against my ear in a familiar gesture. Something he'd done back then too.

"You've gotten pretty." Then he pulled back. "And I love destroying pretty things."

My breaths were erratic and I clenched my jaw. I couldn't look at him, the descriptions from his letters came back to fill my mind.

I'm going to do worse things to you than your little friend.

I want to put a few more brands on you and maybe have fun with objects.

I might flay you alive, I've developed new kinks.

Mellisa's rape. The torture. The truck that ran her over. 

It was like the worst kind of movie of memories playing inside my head. I couldn't move. The Monster made me relive memories that were better left forgotten.

I'd been wrong.

I wasn't ready to face him.

I was weak.

I met his stare with effort and the darkness in it was familiar.

Then he punched me in the gut. Hard. 

I gasped, my eyes colliding with Derek's who'd taken a step forward and the knife had cut into his skin.

Gasps from the others were fleeting sounds.

Wide copper eyes met mine despite the distance and I blinked, the pain blinding me.

It was psychological. I understood that. But I couldn't overcome it.

"For Mellisa, Kitkat." 

He mouthed the words but they gave me the strength I needed.

"For you." He continued.

Anger bled into his eyes and he was tightly coiled. It was seconds before Roy pulled back with a grin but this time when he met my stare, I was furious and vengence incarnate.

"I'm gonna fuck you up so bad."

Then I sucker punched him.

And the real fight began.

•♤•

A/N

Thoughts on how Derek and Lila's relationship has progressed? What do you think about his theory to have discovered The Wildcat's identity?

And what about Lila's internal conflict when faced with Roy?
There's still lots of heavy stuff left  but yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed!

Do vote and comment, highly appreciate the feedback! Thank you!

~Skyler

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5.4M 187K 105
"You wear your darkness like some women wear a little black dress, it's shining in those green eyes of yours." "Underestimating me will be anyone's f...
Lilah Par The Pope

Roman d'amour

87.7M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
The Return of the Bad boy Par H

Roman pour Adolescents

26.9K 1.4K 41
*Featured on Wattpad Teen fiction* For the record, Cameron "Cam" St. James got arrested for a dumb prank. Off the record, it was far from a joke. It...
Secrets keeper Par Snow White

Roman pour Adolescents

147K 6.8K 63
Gawking two guys in a hot-blown make-out session in the mathematical section of the library was not what I expected my first day after Winter breaks...