Tʜᴇ Mᴀғɪᴀ Aɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Bᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ (...

By Angie_Reader

The daughter of the Mafia, Kai, is assaulted by an enemy. In that process, she meets Paris - A young woman wh... More

Synopsis (Updated!)
Prologue - The Encounter
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10💋
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16🔞
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21💋
Chapter 22
Chapter 23💋
Chapter 24
Chapter 25⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30🔞
Chapter 31
Chapter 32💋
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36🔞
Chapter 37
Chapter 38💋
Chapter 39
Chapter 40💋
Chapter 41
Chapter 42⚠️
Chapter 43⚠️
Chapter 44⚠️
Chapter 45⚠️
Chapter 46⚠️
Chapter 47⚠️
Chapter 48⚠️
Chapter 49💋
Chapter 50
Chapter 51⚠️
Chapter 52
Chapter 53🔞
Chapter 54
Chapter 55🔞
Chapter 56💋
Chapter 57
Chapter 58⚠️💋
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61💋
Chapter 62🔞
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65⚠️
Chapter 66⚠️
Chapter 67⚠️💋
Chapter 68⚠️
Chapter 69⚠️
Chapter 70 - The Finale
Epilogue - Special Ending
Special Announcements
New Book: Saving the Daughter of the Mafia (Book 2)

Chapter 34

1.3K 46 9
By Angie_Reader

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"I'm pretty sure that the woman I saw earlier must be stalking Kai, and that's why she was here. For what other reason would she come here anyway? I'm just not sure if you know her or not." Paris told Pearl who was sitting down beside her at the table of their dorm.

It has been a while since Paris came to this dorm because she has been sleeping in Kai's bedroom these days. They were currently conversing about the woman that Paris saw earlier that morning, and that disappeared out of nowhere. It was late in the afternoon, and they were still trying to figure out who it could be.

Pearl stroked her own chin, pondering for a while before responding, "Do you think that it could be another assassin that was sent to kill Ms. Kai?"

"No." Paris immediately shook her head, disagreeing with that idea, and she continued drawing on a paper with a pen. She was trying to draw the person that she saw in detail. "She had long curly hair, and she was quite short in height. And I also think that she looked too naive to kill someone."

Pearl nodded silently as she heard Paris describing the person. She was curious to see how the drawing was going to look at the end, when Paris is finish with it. "Are you done drawing?"

"Almost! I just need one more thing." Paris said as she continued to swirl the pen on her hand, adding the last few details on the paper. "Okay, I'm done. She looks just like this." She placed the notebook on the table, showing it to Pearl.

As soon as Pearl saw the picture, she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What the fuck was that? Was that even a human? It looked more like a monster with a dress, and a lot of hair. Paris seriously thought that this drawing was going to help? This literally looks like a toddler's drawing!

Pearl blinked several times, trying to make sure that she was actually seeing things right. There was no way that she could figure out who this woman is if she looks just like a furry monster. She let out a sigh, and turned her gaze back to the terrible artist that drew this shit, "Paris..."

"What? Do you know who it is?" Paris asked while lifting her brows. She actually thought that Pearl was able to figure it out. Did she really think that she was a great artist or something?

"What the hell did you draw?" Pearl covered her face with her palm, not wanting to look back at that awful drawing ever again.

"Huh?" Paris was puzzled, not knowing what Pearl was talking about.

"Forget it." Pearl waved her hand and added, "No, she doesn't seem familiar at all. But if I ever see a woman that looks like this in real life, then I would be so freaking scared just like you were earlier when you saw her."

Paris nodded, not becoming aware of the fact that Pearl was terrified of the drawing, but not of the actual person. The actual person was actually very pretty, but Pearl didn't know that because she didn't see her.

"I think this woman is trying to find a way to get to Kai, and that's why she came. Do you have any thoughts that you want to add to that idea?" Paris asked Pearl while tilting her head to a side.

Pearl thought for a moment and replied, "Could she be one of Ms. Kai's girl hook-ups probably? Some of the girls that Ms. Kai used to sleep with in the past were dumped by her because they were bad in bed. And sometimes they would come back to complain to her, and beg her to give them another chance."

Paris wrinkled her nose listening to this. She almost had forgotten that Kai used to be such a slut before they started dating. "Holy shit, I forgot about that. But, now that you mentioned it, I think that would make sense. It must be one of Kai's girl hook-ups!"

Pearl nodded, "Right, but how are you going to tell Kai about this? This is something so personal about her. I don't think she will tell you. You know that she is still trying to work on fixing her trust issues. I don't think that pressuring her with this subject will help."

Paris pondered for a while, and she had to admit that Pearl was right. Telling Kai about this subject was probably not the best idea. But how could she really find out if this was one of the girl hook-ups without telling her? "You know what, I have an idea." Paris was quick to made up her mind.

"What is it?" Pearl asked, scooting her chair closer to Paris to listen closely to what she is about to say.

Paris explained, "How about I ask her to let me borrow her phone for a call, and pretend that mine is dead. Then, I can go to her social media and see all her contacts, and perhaps there is still a picture or something of that person in her cellphone."

"Sounds like a good plan, I guess." Pearl agreed. "I'll be waiting for you here, then. Let me know if you are able to find something."

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"Do you want some coffee or something now, babe?" Paris asked Kai, who was currently in her bedroom, reading some documents from her father's company.

Kai always gets occupied with her father's company. It's quite upsetting because this was not what she really wanted to do when she was growing up. She actually wanted to be a singer, as she mentioned previously, but she was never able to make it because all the responsibilities were thrown at her as the oldest child of the family. In fact, it was her own younger brother that was able to become a singer. How unfortunate for her.

"No, I'm fine. But do prepare some popcorn for later, I'll be watching a movie, and you can join me, if you want." Kai said as she continued reading the papers on her desk.

"Oh, okay. That sounds like fun." Paris answered before adding, "Oh, by the way. I wanted to call my brother, but my phone died, and I have to go charge it. Can I borrow yours really quick as I go charge mine at the dorm and I'll return it to you as soon as I'm done?"

Kai was too busy reading the documents, and didn't think much about it, she took out her phone out of her pocket, unlocked it, and handed it to Paris, "Yeah, sure. Take your time."

"Thanks, babe." Paris said before leaving the bedroom and rushed back to the dorm.

When she got back, both Pearl and her began the "investigation". They went through Kai's contacts, and Instagram, finding absolutely no one similar to that woman that Paris saw. They only found the contacts of some of her girl hook-ups that she hasn't texted in like two months or more. But none of them were the one they were looking for.

As Paris kept searching, she was somewhat feeling guilty that she was doing all of this behind Kai's back. But there was no turning back now. She couldn't regret doing something after going this far. She also had no bad intentions, neither doubted Kai's fidelity. She was only doing all of this because she wanted to protect her. Or at least, save her from being bothered by those girl hook-ups.

They then decided to go through the gallery, perhaps Kai had pictures of some of them there. Or maybe not at all. They scrolled for like ten minutes, going through all the photos of 2022 to 2019, until they found something that immediately grabbed Paris' attention in an instant.

It was a selfie of a young lady showing the 'victory' sign with two fingers. This young lady was the exact same one that Paris saw earlier this morning. This was the one! They finally found it!

"It's her! She is the one that I saw this morning!" Paris exclaimed, handing the phone to Pearl so that she could take a closer look at the woman from the picture.

Pearl widened her eyes, seeing this picture. She was silent for a moment before she spoke, "Paris...Are you certain that this is the woman you saw?" She almost sounded shocked, not believing it.

Paris immediately nodded, "Yeah, it was her! I'm a hundred percent sure that it was her."

Pearl gulped down with difficulty before speaking again, "Well, this is Taylor...Ms. Kai's ex-girlfriend, who has already passed away."

Paris felt goosebumps as soon as she heard those words coming out of Pearl's mouth. This couldn't be true, right? What was Taylor doing here? Wasn't she dead already? Unless...She might be really a ghost! And she came back to hunt Paris for becoming Kai's new girlfriend!

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

It was already evening, and Paris was back in Kai's bedroom. She returned the cellphone back to Kai, and prepared the popcorn just like she had asked for. They were currently watching a movie together on the TV while cuddling in bed.

"AAAHH!" Paris let out a terrifying scream, and covered her head with the blanket.

Kai flinched slightly, hearing Paris' loud scream abruptly. "Why are you screaming? There hasn't been a jumpscare in the movie yet."

"I know, but it's getting freaking creepy! Why did you choose a scary movie? There's so many other good movies to watch!" Paris was trembling underneath the blankets. Watching a scary movie after finding out that your girlfriend's deceased ex might be hunting you is the worse thing someone can ever do.

"Come on! Scary movies are fun. They are thrilling and filled with suspense. We are already almost halfway through it. It's not that scary." Kai said as she patted Paris' head gently, that was still covered with the blanket.

"Okay fine." Paris pouted, and slowly uncovered her head, and continued watching the movie with Kai. "AAH! AAAHH!" She screamed loudly once again, not even a minute after. And she buried her head again back in the blanket.

"Ugh, Paris! Stop screaming so much. You are going to give me a heart attack! If you don't want to watch the movie then get out and hang out with Pearl instead." Kai scolded this time.

"No! I want to stay here with you." Paris whined, not wanting to leave. She didn't want to be alone at this hour.

"Then, stop screaming!" Kai shook her head, and continued watching the movie.

"You know what, I have something to tell you! Put that in pause!" Paris said as she uncovered her head back out of the blanket.

Kai obediently paused the movie with the controller, a little pissed, but still turned her gaze to Paris, "What is it?"

Paris decided to tell Kai all the truth. This was seriously too sinister, and she couldn't keep it to herself anymore. If she didn't tell Kai now, then she will be having nightmares from today on. She told her everything from the start, since the moment she saw Taylor this morning.

"So, you are telling me that you really saw Taylor?" Kai asked, creasing her brows. She found this too odd, but still wanted to listen to Paris.

"Yes, I did!" Paris responded, and added, "I think she is haunting me now. She might be jealous that you and I are together, or something like that."

Kai shook her head hearing this, "That can't be it."

"How do you know? I was the one that saw her. That's why you don't believe it. If it was you who saw it, then, you probably would be scared to death as well." Paris crossed her arms, letting out a deep sigh.

Kai remained silent for a while before speaking again, "Taylor and I...We used to go to the same college together. Back then, I was really in love with her. We were even able to become girlfriends. But, one day, I found out that...She betrayed me. She sold my family's information to other gangs. So, I...shot her to death. I felt like a fool for trusting and loving her. Since then, I was never able to trust anyone." Kai inhaled and exhaled through her nose, feeling like she was able to take out some weight out of her chest after telling Paris about this.

"Why did she had to hurt you so much if she was your girlfriend back then?" Paris asked, feeling her eyes tearing up. Yet, she tried to restraint the tears. The one who should be upset here is Kai, not her. She doesn't want to make Kai even more sad with her own tears.

Kai shook her head, forcing out a smile on her lips. "Taylor never loved me. She was only using me. That's why I believe that she isn't hunting you. It wouldn't make sense. She doesn't love me at all."

Paris tilted her head, "And, do you still love her?"

"Of course not! I moved on from her long time ago." Kai rolled her eyes.

Paris, "Then, why do you still have a picture of her on your phone?"

Kai, "That picture is old as fuck. It's from 2019, do you really think I will remember that I had it on my gallery? That's like one of the few pictures I had from her back then."

*Knock Knock*

The door was abruptly knocked by someone, interrupting their conversation.

When Paris heard this, she immediately got off the bed, and straightened herself in a way that she didn't look like she was laying in bed with Kai just now. They still needed to pretend to be, "The Mafia and Her Bodyguard."

"Come in." Kai said as she fixed her own hair.

A male bodyguard entered the room after getting the permission to get in. He bowed down slightly before speaking, "Ms. Kai, there was a person found in the backyard. It looks like it's someone you might know. Her name is Taylor. The leader told us to lock her up inside the dungeon of the mansion, and to inform you that she has returned."

Kai and Paris turned their gaze to stare at each other in shock for a moment before Kai repeated, "Taylor?!"

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 1.3K 31
Keep in mind . Every choice you make today will shape your tomorrow ... Ruthless for life... COMPLETED 9.28.17 [UNEDITED] 2k17 ©Shayylondon ** All...
12.4K 738 30
Carmilla is a time traveler, angry at the world for cursing her with the inability to keep herself in her present. Carrying the baggage of her past...
387K 3.8K 8
❝ no relationships, no emotions, just sex. ❞ OUTER BANKS FEM!OC x JJ MAYBANK © -B0WEN
1.3M 84.7K 37
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...