Alpha Female

By SimpleH

The life of 18 year old Haley Marshalls is turned upside down when her father, Alpha Allan Marshalls, dies on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Mystery POV
Chapter 8
Nathaniel's POV
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Mystery POV II
Chapter 16
Jeff's POV
One Shot Alpha Female: Nathaniel and Haley's Date
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's note..
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Author's note

Chapter 11

186K 2.8K 179
By SimpleH

“Can I come in?”

I hesitated a little before fully opening my bedroom door for Jeff to get in, “Sure.” I stole a quick glance at the balcony and was relieved to see that Nathaniel was out of sight.

At that moment I was glad I chose to put gray curtains up. I liked the dark curtains at the time, because they blocked the sunlight in the morning perfectly. Right now I liked them because they blocked the posture of my mate perfectly. He caught me glancing and turned his head towards the balcony frowning.

As he turned his head in my direction his eyes landed on my bed and then on my outfit. “I hope I didn’t wake you?”

“No, no you didn’t,” I said a little too fast.

“Oh, I thought…,” he trailed of lifting a questioning brow as he looked me over and glance at the bed again.

I followed his gaze and realized what he was getting at when I remembered again what I was wearing and the state we left the bed in.

I felt a little self-conscious and pulled my shirt down as I nervously shifted my weight from one foot to the other.

“I was just.. eh.. about to go to sleep.” It wasn’t completely a lie. I really was about to go to sleep before Nate came.

“So to what do I owe this visit?” I asked to get the questioning look off his face.

He seemed to remember why he came, because I felt his mood change instantly. He took a deep breath to start talking, but instead of talking he held his breath with an expressionless face. For the second time in two minutes his mood changed abruptly.

“When’s the last time Cooper was here?” he asked with a hard look in his eyes.

Every drop of blood left my face at the mention of Nathaniel. I turned around to make sure he wouldn’t be able to read the answer off my face.

“Eh..today. Why?” His silence was making me nervous and I felt like a coward for not being able to look him in the eyes.

You’re an Alpha for God’s sake. Get your shit together and turn around. My wolf ‘encouraged’ me.

I didn’t like her choice of words, but she was right. I had a game face after all that I used at pack meetings so why not use it know. As far as Jeff knows, Nathaniel is pack matter. It would make perfect sense if I used the same facial expression I used when we’re discussing pack business.

I heard Jeff speak behind me, but his words never reached me because I was too far away with my thoughts.

Damn it, I’m over thinking things again. “What?” I asked as I turned around.

“I said, I smelt his scent downstairs. Which makes perfect sense, the guy spends most of his free time here. What doesn’t make sense however is that I smell his scent all over your room..” he looked at me expectantly.

“Not that it is any of your business, but I had some files in my room he needed,” I told him with a frown that basically said ‘don’t you dare ask more questions’.

The underlying messaged was well received, all he said was, “Oh.”

I stole a quick glance at my window and luckily Nathaniel was nowhere to be found. I felt his presence near me though, meaning he didn’t completely leave, he was just out of sight.

My attention was once again back on Jeff. I needed to get him out of my room, and fast..

“Did you came here only to play the detective or was there another purpose for your visit?” I asked with annoyance.

“Yes, believe it or not there actually is a good reason for me being here. I came to..to apologize. I acted like a fool the other day and said some things I shouldn’t have.” He let out a strained laugh and he shook his head. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Whatever it was, I lashed out on you and acted like an ass. You don’t deserve that,” he said the last part while he looked me straight in the eyes.

I sensed how hard he was trying to compose himself and hide some of his emotions, but his eyes seemed to give a little away from what he was trying to hide. I could have sworn I saw passion in those eyes, but I shrugged it off.

Jeff was becoming like a brother to me and we were past the little high school crush we seemed to have for each other. I was sure of it.

“I’m not the only one you need to apologize to, you know that right?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

He frowned a little and turned his head to look away. “I know,” he sounded frustrated.

“As far as I’m concerned, you’re forgiven,” I smiled a reassuring smile as I put my hand on his arm. I immediately regretted my move once I saw his expression change. He was reading too much in this small gesture so I pulled my hand back.

“You’re kindness always seems to amaze me, Haley,” he said his voice turning a little husky.

He took a step closer to me and was about to lean in. I felt Nate’s presence getting stronger, that meant he was in hearing range.

“Jeff,” I began and took a step backwards.

“Don’t do this? That’s what you want to say, right?” a pained expression crossed his face and it really hurt me to see him like that.

“Jeff, I’m really tired. I think we should talk about this tomorrow when we’re both.. thinking clearly,” I said trying to find the right words to get rid of him before Nate loses his temper and risks getting him exposed.

“That’s the thing, Haley. For me, it has always been clear. It’s you, who seems to be having trouble with thinking clearly,” his face turned hard with the last words. “I didn’t come here to have another argument with you. I simply came to apologize.”

For a moment I remembered the conversation I had with my mother not long ago in our kitchen. When she lashed out at me after seeing Jeff and me cuddling on the couch.

She was right yet again; I should have kept my relationship strictly business with Jeff. I was selfish for wanting someone to hold me and tell me it was going to be alright and use Jeff for it. I should’ve known Jeff’s true feelings. I should’ve recognized the look in his eyes instead of brushing them off and using him to comfort myself.

I tried to fight the guilt by getting angry, I was more angry with myself than anything else.

“It looks like you came for more than that!” I said not being able to hold the anger in any longer.

“No, I didn’t,” he tried to defend himself.

“Then don’t try to make this into something it isn’t,” I snapped at him. The guilt was eating me alive. It already felt like I turned my back on my father by wanting things for myself, like Nate, and Jeff just added up to the pile.

My wolf was trying to get control over me and I knew Jeff needed to leave for his own safety.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down and spoke through clenched teeth, “Let’s just call it a night before things get out of hand.” The words came out with a lot of effort, because my wolf was taking more and more control. My brown eyes turned pitch black and I clenched my jaw tighter.

The change of color made Jeff take a step back. “You need to calm down, Haley,” he said when he noticed my wolf taking control.

“No, you need to leave,” I said through clenched teeth. “Please,” I added. He looked at me for a couple of seconds than nodded in understanding and left without another word.

Once the door closed behind Jeff I found Nate right in front of me. “What the hell was that all about?” he asked not bothering to hide his anger. I closed my eyes to force myself to calm down, because of all people Nathaniel was the last person on earth that I would want to hurt.

“Maybe you should leave too. I don’t want to hurt you,” I said gritting my teeth, while my body trembled as my human side continued to fight my wolf side for control. The range of emotions going trough me were the energy source of my wolf. With all the different emotions going through me my wolf took the opportunity to gain more control. I opened my eyes and made Nathaniel see the blackness of my wolf in them.

His hands slipped in mine and held them tight. “I’m not leaving,” he whispered fiercely. “Just listen to my voice. Breathe, Haley.”

I didn’t know I was holding my breath until he pointed it out. “Focus on the things around you. The place you’re at, the people in this house, the sounds you hear and scents you smell. Use all your senses,” he kept encouraging me and I listened to his every word.

After he gave me instructions he used sweet words to calm me down even more. I felt the control of my wolf coming back to me and seconds later I was in full control of myself again.

I let out a shaky breath. “Thanks,” I said.

He stared deep into my eyes and I felt the calmness settle back in. He let go of my hands to wrap his arms around me. I felt exhausted and was thankful he was holding me or else I would’ve collapsed to the ground.

“No need to thank me. You did it all by yourself,” he said grinning proudly.

He lifted me off my feet and walked us over to the bed. He pushed the sheets aside and placed me gently on one side of the bed. He took a step back and I watched his movements confused until he started undressing. I had to work hard not to drool at hit gorgeous body.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I focused only on his hazel eyes, because the rest of his body was distracting me.

“What does it look like I’m doing?” he was unbuckling his belt and lowering his jeans. “I’m getting ready for bed,” he said as he threw his jeans on my chair. He turned to face me and smiled devilishly.

“No, you’re not,” I croaked my eyebrow.

“Oh, really?” he said, dragging out the last word while lifting the sheets on his side of the bed. I felt movement on the bed and my side dip as he made himself comfortable. I was about to protest even though I secretly wanted him to stay, but his voice made me swallow my words.

“What was that about?” he motioned his head to the door.

“What do you mean?” I asked, trying to sound oblivious to what he was referring to.

“Your Beta,” he said as his jaws tightened. It didn’t go unnoticed by me that he used Jeff’s position instead of his name. My cheeks started to burn and I knew my face looked flushed. I didn’t do anything wrong though, I just hated being called on the spot like that.

“It’s just.. a silly crush,” I stammered.

“That sounded like more than a ‘silly crush’ to me,” he muttered annoyed.

“Just tell me the truth. I know I asked you the first time I met you, but I really just need to be sure. Is there something going on between you and Jeff?” he looked deep in my eyes searching for the truth, at the same time he looked afraid of what he might see.

“No, nothing’s going on between Jeff and me. Like I said, it’s just a silly crush,” I reassured him.

I left out the part were Jeff and I used to date and that I also suspected that it was more than a silly crush, but I didn’t want to add that to the list of my baggage. Besides, he needed to be able to be in the same room as Jeff. And it’s not like I was in love with Jeff, I thought to myself. But why did it feel like lying? I found myself wondering.

He watched me for a good few seconds before leaning back against the headrest closing his eyes.

“I hope you’re right.” He pulled me against him and wrapped his arms around me. I buried my face in the crook of his neck and took in his alluring scent. 

I woke up the next morning with a heavy arm draped on my stomach and a leg intertwined with mine. I felt a heavy breathing in my neck and hairs tickling my ear. I forgot that I was very ticklish. I turned slightly to see Nate’s face buried in my neck. Someone likes to snuggle while sleeping, I laughed to myself. I decided to enjoy the moment a little longer before waking him up.

His body warmed mine in every way possible. It made me feel safe and complete, but at the same time hot and bothered. I didn’t want to lose these feelings yet. My wolf was agreeing and came right to the surface demanding me to complete the mate bond. I pushed her away, because completing the mate bond meant putting Nathaniel at risk with not only my pack, but his pack too. That seemed to calm her down.

I thought about the empty and hollow feeling in my chest that I felt the last couple of months. When Nate was around he seemed to fill that gap up a little and make it bearable for me to live through it. Well, he actually made it more than bearable to live through. I couldn’t think about him leaving later, because this time it was going to be even harder to be apart after spending the night together. Maybe him spending the night wasn’t such a good idea after all, even if we didn’t do anything.

My fingers moved on their own accord to the arm that was draped on my stomach. I started trailing up and down his arm absentmindedly, thinking what an effect he had on me and how hard it was going to be apart.

“Hmm.. you know, if you keep doing that I won’t be able to stop my wolf from completing our bond,” his husky voice broke the silence as he nuzzled his face deeper between my neck and shoulder.

“I think my wolf will be pleased with that,” I replied without even thinking about it. I mentally slapped myself from embarrassment. I can’t believe you said that. You go girl, my wolf laughed in excitement. And I can’t believe that you’re a part of me, I snarled back. He lifted his head up grinning like a fool and stared down at me.

“Well in that case,” He pressed his lips on mine and moved on top of me making me gasp from his sudden movement.

He pulled away and locked his gaze with mine. “Do you want me to come over again tonight?” The serious tone in his voice caught me off guard. Something I learned from the short time I spend with my mate- he could easily switch from a playful mood to a serious one.

I gasped as I felt his hands moving towards my side, afraid he might do what I was thinking. I tensed under his touch praying he wouldn’t tickle me. His grin against my lips told me what I feared.

“Don’t even think about it,” I warned against his lips. Which was totally useless, because before I could take my next breath he was tickling my sides. “Stoppp, pleaseee,” I said between laughter.

“Not before you say it,” he laughed as he continued on tickling me.

“Nate!!” I almost couldn’t breathe because of the laughing.

“Say it,” he said giving me a little time to catch a breath before he continued.

“Say what?” I managed to say between laughter’s.

“Say I can come over,” he grinned.

I shook my head and dragged out the word ‘No’.

He straddled me stopping with the tickling and raised an eyebrow at me, “You sure about that?” He had a playful expression on his face as he waited for my answer.

I enjoyed this playful side of him. It made me feel like the carefree person I was before all of this happened. Being with him felt like we were just two normal people having fun together, not two powerful wolves who had the responsibility of hundreds of lives.

His mischievous smile was back again and I knew he was about to tickle me again.

"Alright, alright. You can come over,” I caved in.

“I knew you would give in,” he smiled wickedly and pressed his lips hard against mine. I eagerly kissed him back and just as I was about to take it a little further we got disturbed.

Andrew was calling for me through our mind link which made me push Nathaniel off of me in groan of irritation.

“What’s wrong?” he asked confused why I stopped abruptly.

“The pack,” was all I said as I positioned myself in a sitting position on the bed.

‘What is it Andrew?’ I asked him through the pack link.

I looked at Nathaniel, who had positioned himself also in a sitting position only he was leaning on the headboard. He patted the spot next to him for me to take, but I shook my head. Sitting there means being close to him which means getting distracted very easily. Right now one of my pack members needed me so I owed it to them to focus solely on them.

‘I have a little situation with the elders. They want to have a meeting with you as soon as possible,’ he said sounding a bit different. I could feel he was on edge about something, but I didn’t understand why he was bothered about something like a meeting.

‘Alright, you can let Katelyn schedule something in and everything will be solved.’ ‘Well, that’s the thing. When I say as soon as possible I actually mean like right now.’

It was my turn to frown. Why were they imposing like that?

‘They’re insisting on seeing you right know. I didn’t want to bother you with this, because I know you have a lot on your agenda for today. So I contacted Jeff. I hope you don’t mind me doing that,’ he said in a rush afraid of my reaction.

‘No, I don’t mind. Jeff can also handle the situation, but in this case I’ll be taking over. Thanks for informing me, Andrew,’ I didn’t like the fact that Jeff made Andrew tell me he was coming over. It wasn’t that hard for him to let me know himself. We had a mind link, for goodness sake.

‘You’re more than welcome, Alpha,’ I found it funny that he called me Alpha, but my wolf loved the respect she was getting.

Nathaniel was studying my face, but waited patiently for me to speak to him again.

‘Katelyn, can you clear the morning for me?’

‘Sure,’ she didn’t sound as her happy self and I could tell that she was annoyed as well. I wondered what kind of trouble the elders caused to make Andrew and Katelyn both annoyed. I looked at Nathaniel apologetic because my ‘mind chatter’, as he liked to refer to it, was taking too long. He smiled and nodded understandingly for me to continue.

I contacted Andrew again through our link. I was a little too stubborn to contact Jeff.

‘Andrew, why is it that they insist on meeting me today?’ I asked feeling a little stupid that I didn’t ask him right way.

‘They have some complaints about Alpha Cooper’s visits. They don’t like the idea of him going back and forth on our land and they simply don’t trust him.’

I could almost picture him shrugging as he said those last words. I sucked in a deep breath to calm my wolf and myself down. We both didn’t like the complaints about our wolf.

Nathaniel noticed my tense body and came to sit behind me wrapping me in his arms.

‘That’s all for now,’ I told Andrew and leaned against Nathaniel’s chest closing my eyes. He was still waiting for me to speak first and that made me appreciate him even more. He left me the choice to fill him in on my pack business or not.

“They’re complaining about you being able to walk in and out of our territory,” I informed Nathaniel.

“I see,” was his response.

“That’s all you have to say?” I asked curious and turned my head a little to see his face.

“What do you want me to say, Hales?” he asked in return and I couldn’t keep the smile from forming on my face. He called me Hales, I grinned to myself.

“Why are you smiling?” he asked the corner of his mouth tugging up.

“I like the sound of that,” I smiled.

“Hales?” he asked lowering his head to mine.

I nodded and before he reached my lips I pushed him away remembering my duties of the day. I was afraid if I didn’t leave now I wouldn’t be able to leave at all.

“Hey! That’s unfair,” he whined.

“They’re waiting for me and from what I’ve heard they’re not in a good mood,” I said standing up.

“Want me to come with you?” he asked hopeful.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, considering the complaints are about you. Besides, Jeff’s on his way so it should be fine,” I said shrugging casually.

“Do you really have to be with him in the same room?” he said frowning. I walked to my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a top that matched.

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. “He’s my Beta, Nate..”

“So? You can make anyone your Beta,” he showed a winning smile like he just found the best solution ever.

“I can, but I won’t do that. He was like the son my father never had and a good friend of mine, someone I can trust with the pack. And on top of everything else, he’s really good at it.” I put my clothes aside, walked to the bed where Nate was leaning against the headrest and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Do you trust me?” I asked with a serious tone.

“Yes, but-“

I cut him off knowing he was about to say something along the lines of ‘it’s him I don’t trust’. “Then that’s all that matters.” I pecked his lips and got up. “I’m going to take a shower,” I grabbed my clothes and walked to the bathroom.

He started to speak, but I cut him off yet again, “And no you can’t join me.” I laughed an evil laugh that sounded just like the one you hear in movies. I took one quick glance in his direction and saw him pouting, which made me laugh even harder.

“You know your way out,” I said before closing the bathroom door behind me with a devilish grin stretched on my face.

--------------

Vote if you liked the chapter and comment with your thoughts!

Dedication to @Jessimukah for her sweet comment.

<3!

Ashley Benson as Katelyn Baker >>

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors >>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 8.4K 36
Anna Reynolds, burdened by the disgrace and death of her father, Beta Darius Reynolds, who was responsible for the murder of Alpha Kaden Black first...
2.2M 94.5K 44
Alex Taylor is your normal teenage werewolf. Well besides the fact that she has alpha blood in her. Her brother Asher was named the alpha a couple mo...
1M 22.7K 39
Melissa Summers, to put it simply, hated her life. She is an overlooked nerd at school that constant get ridiculed and bullied, if that isn't enough...
286K 10K 50
24 year old Athena is on her journey to success; but she has a secret. She is not human. What happens when Athena decides to return to her pack 8 yrs...