Damaged Parts

By Arrowbolt5

Sandra Kayne was a teenage billionaire who owned the world's best electronics company. She designed cars, com... More

Chapter 1: Meeting Sandra Kayne
Chapter 2: Autobot Introduction
Chapter 4: VS The World
Chapter 5: Double Ambush
Chapter 6: Twisted Truth
Chapter 7: Wish Us Away
Chapter 8: Take a Breather
Chapter 9: Scientific Truce
Chapter 10: Stupid Genius
Chapter 11: Irrational Thoughts
Chapter 12: I'd Live For You
Chapter 13: Hidden Agendas
Chapter 14: Second in Command
Chapter 15: Break the World
Chapter 16: Gone in Another Way
Chapter 17: Welcome Memories
Chapter 18: Workaholic Revived
Chapter 19: Can't Have Both
Chapter 20: Hold Your Breath
Chapter 21: Never Back Down
Chapter 22: The Fourth Time
Chapter 23: Still a Tie

Chapter 3: My Work, My Life

527 21 1
By Arrowbolt5

Sandra stepped into her house and looked around, noting that her parents had already arrived home less than an hour ago, according to her glasses, which were connected to the security systems.

"Mom? Dad?" She called out, walking up the stairs.

There was a thumping sound upstairs and she heard a door swinging open.

"Hey, darling!" Her dad wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "You're back from school late. You weren't in detention were you?"

"No." Sandra smiled. "Just doing extracurriculars."

"Well that's great!" Her mom grinned. "How was Mrs. Howler? Isn't your class going to the zoo next week?"

"She's fine." Sandra answered. "Still teaching fifth grade. I think she's going to retire next year."

"Well isn't that a shame?" Her mom sighed. "I hope your new teacher gives you good grades too."

Sandra shrugged. "I'm still trying to convince him that he's not an alien, so we'll see."

"Your teacher thinks he's an alien?" Her dad smiled. "That's just so adorable! Hey, you should be an alien for Halloween this year!"

"Sounds fun." She smiled. "I'm going to head off to bed now."

"Oh, want us to come read you a bedtime story?" Her mom asked.

Sandra took a step back. "I think I'm too tired for a story tonight, thanks Mom."

"Okay, sweetie! I love you!"

"I love you too."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite!" Her dad called out as Sandra was shutting her bedroom door.

Sandra sighed and sat down in her chair, pulling out her bun and running a hand through her hair. She leaned forward and cursed under her breath.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

"SANDRA KAYNE, WHERE IS MY WALLET!?"

Sanda pulled on her jacket and grabbed her computer, along with some papers. She stuffed it into a duffel bag and looked around, nodding to herself.

She turned to the door and opened it just in time for her mom to appear in the doorway.

"

Found it." Her mom smiled. "Thanks for the help, baby. Have fun at school, okay?"

"Will do." Sandra replied. "Tell Dad I said hi."

Her mom smiled. "Of course! I'll see you tonight."

Sandra waited for her mom to wave goodbye before the woman went downstairs. Sandra almost moved toward the roof, but quickly corrected herself and headed for the garage.

"Wheeljack?" She called out, looking at the white, green, and orange car. "Are you awake, yet?"

The headlights turned on and the door swung open. "I am now."

Sandra nodded and stepped inside. "Back to the Autobot base, I'm guessing?"

"Right on."

A groundbridge opened in front of them, almost surprising the coffee out of Sandra's hands. Wheeljack drove in and soon enough, Sandra was back among the other titans.

"Still all robots, I see." Shd noted. "You guys are really determined. I'm kind of impressed."

"Were the other three humans as disbelieving as this one?" Ultra Magnus asked.

"Nope." Jack answered for him. "We pretty much immediately got it."

Sandra walked over to a couch and sat on the floor next to it, leaning against the side.

"Bro, there's a whole couch right here." Miko pointed out. "You don't have to sit on the floor."

"I know." Sandra replied. "I just prefer to sit up straight."

Miko rolled her eyes. "Ew."

Raf looked over. "What are you working on?"

"Finding my battery." She replied. "I'm thinking I might be able to track it if I can get access to one of NASA's satellites. It's got a unique energy signature."

"You are you going to get access to a satellite?" Miko scoffed. "I doubt you can hack into NASA?"

"I was just going to ask them." Sandra stated. "NASA and I have worked together on a several projects. I'm sure they won't mind lending me one for a few hours."

"You'd still have to get past the Decepticon shielding system." Jack pointed out.

"If it's anything like the Autobot one, I doubt there will be much of a probl-"

Sandra and the humans looked over as the computer started beeping.

"Decepticon activity." Ratchet announced. "Could be an energon mine, or a predicon bone."

"With Optimus out, I will take the Wreckers with me. Ratchet, you're in charge during my absence." Ultra Magnus told them. "Activate the groundbridge."

Ratchet nodded and turned around.

"Oh!" Miko exclaimed. "This is could be your first mission with us!"

Sandra frowned. "I need to work on locating my battery."

Miko frowned, before perking up. "Exactly! We're going to fight Decepticons, the same guys who took it. Besides, you'll get a better signal out there anyway."

Sandra glanced at Jack and Raf for their opinion, but the two boys had moved away to watch the Autobots leave. She turned back to Miko and stood up.

"Alright, let's do this."

Miko grinned and pulled Sandra over to Wheeljack.

"Yo! Can we come with?" She asked.

Wheeljack shrugged. "Why not?"

And that's how Sandra and Miko found each other being thrown around in Wheeljack's subspace as he attacked a group of cons.

Miko covered her mouth. "I'm going to puke."

Sandra groaned. "Look at the tip of your nose. Don't look away until he stops moving."

After a moment, the battle ended and both girls collapsed against the floormats. Miko pounded on the door.

"Let me out!" She yelled.

"Ah, scrap." Came Wheeljack's muffled response before the metal popped open.

Miko lunged up to breathe in the fresh air, and Sandra followed behind her slowly. Being stuck in cramped, hot spaces wasn't anything new to the engineer.

"Sorry, kids. Forgot you were in there." Wheeljack said, setting them down in a rock.

"Uhh..." Bulkhead looked at Ultra Magnus worriedly as the second in command stepped forward.

"At least I didn't heave on any floor mats this time." Miko huffed.

"This time?" Sandra questioned.

"Yeah, I threw up last when we went after Hardshell." Miko told her and stood up straight. "I'm surprised you didn't puke."

"Wheeljack, what could have possibly compelled you to bring the natives?" Ultra Magnus demanded.

"You said you were bringing the Wreckers. I thought you meant all of them." Wheeljack explained.

"Are you mocking your commanding officer?" Magnus narrowed his eyes.

"Wouldn't think of it, sir. Miko here is a full blown wrecker, isn't that right, Bulk?"

"Well..."

Magnus glanced at Sandra. "And the other human? She's not been with us for more than two days."

Wheeljack opened his mouth to reply, but Sandra beat him to it.

"I'm here for other purposes." She informed. "With all due respect, I would explain it to you, but I'm not keen on sharing sensitive intel with a guy who claims he's an alien."

Magnus glared at Wheeljack. "Is this going to be a problem, soldier?"

"Nah."

"Miko has been through worse than this." Bulkhead added. "And we've drawn out the enemy and cleared passage."

Ultra Magnus scowled. "Fine. Let's move out."

Wheeljack offered his hand to help Miko and Sandra off the rock.

"Oh no, I'm staying here. There's bad reception in caves and I need to do my work." She told him.

Wheeljack huffed. "Fine then."

Sandra watched them leave before pulling out her computer and accessing the satellite NASA granted her permission to use. She sent in an algorithm, trying to detect the signal of her battery.

She was in the middle of typing when a giant shadow shot past her, into the mouth of the cave. The predicon.

Well, it wasn't like Sandra could do anything about it. Might as well not worry.

A few moments later, a groundbridge opened and three bots walked out. She looked at them suspiciously as they went up to Ultra Magnus's ship.

Decepticons.

She glared and slid down the side of the rock, landing on the floor with a small thump. Sandra ran forward, her feet pounding against the hard clay as she approached the ship. She looked around before spotting the landing wheels.

Sandra flung her bag around before grabbing ahold of one. She started to scale the metal wheel before making her way up the pole and into the ship.

"-seems that the ship is unoccupied." Someone said.

Someone else growled. "There is nothing of use to us in here."

While she was looking for a way out, Sandra's glasses displayed a new thread of information. The battery had been located. It was moving and high in the air. No doubt on the warship she was told about.

Sandra found a ray of light and moved over, climbing out of the gears and out of a crevice on the wall. She saw the three bots again, one of which fit the description of Starscream, third in command. She assumed that the other two were vehicons.

Sandra walked out into the open, immediately drawing their attention. The vehicons pointed their blasters at her quickly.

Starscream pushed them down and raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Sandra Kayne. Are you Starscream, second in command of the Decepticons?" Sandra demanded.

"Indeed, I am." He replied, stepping closer and leaning down.

Sandra nodded. "Good. Your inferior comrade, Soundwave recently stole something of mine. I want it back."

Starscream gave her a small chuckle. "And why would we do that?"

Sandra smirked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 112 18
πšƒπš›πšŠπš—πšœπšπš˜πš›πš–πšŽπš›πšœ: π™Ώπš›πš’πš–πšŽ πš‚πšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ Just like the huge bots, (Y/n)'s planet was destroyed by corrupted neighbouring aliens. The hybrid...
15.1K 507 20
Alias was a master hacker, her services to the government could never be repaid, especially when she finds something extraordinary. When Team Prime n...
12.8K 611 20
Faith and Kyle are normal kids. Orphaned by a "car accident" back in their home town and country Canada. Kyle has autism and Faith is boarder line AD...
7.3K 338 37
"I'm not Soundwave." Ever since the destruction of her home, Verdant had spent her life as a loyal Autobot soldier. She was Ultra Magnus's third...