Times That We Had

By Sh0w-me-1sh

3 years of no contact with sonic. 3 years with losing his last family member. 3 years feeling abandoned by hi... More

The Days of Today
Nothing Better Than Defense
Headstrong, isn't he?
It's Dark Not Depressing
Be Careful For Paper Cuts
Pot Water Is Boiling
Pink Was Reconnected
Lightining Doesn't Strike As Hard As You
Duct Tape isn't Enough To Fix This
It's Hydrogen Bonding Time
Murder By Quills
A Truce Of Ends

Always Foes Never Friends

284 11 1
By Sh0w-me-1sh

To put it bluntly, Sonic was having the time of his life. Having Tails around really just brought his whole mood up. Which is what is causing Sonic to internally panic. He knows for a fact he has to let Tails leave again. Sonic tries to convince Tails to go, but he keeps insisting that he has nowhere to go. Sonic suspects Shadow has something to do with this. That hedgehog always has to mess things up.

He was currently trying to set up a video game console on his TV. Tails had suggested we play video games together. 'Like the old days' was left unspoken.

Sonic agreed to this proposal as it just meant more time with his brother. Just as he was about to switch the channel, an emergency news came on.

The one and only Eggman had decided now it was the right time to strike.

"Sorry bud. We'll have to put our game on hold for a bit." Sonic gave Tails an apologetic smile. He was surprised when Tails just ran up to him and gave him a big smile.

"Let me go with you! I can help you fight him!" His tails were beginning to swoosh behind him. This could be the opportunity Tails was looking for. He could impress Sonic and show his worth. Maybe this time, he won't leave!

"No can do. You stay here. Where it's safe-" Sonic quickly made his way to the entrance of the base. Without another word from Tails, he left.

"But... I can help..." Tails ears dropped and his tails fell. This brought back memories of the day that Sonic first left. Sonic didn't even say goodbye.

That was the past. Right now, Tails found Sonic again. He wasn't just going to let Sonic abandon him again. He doesn't want to be left alone. Tails quickly made up his mind. He was going to follow Sonic and once and for all prove to him he isn't worth leaving. In the back of his mind, Tails continues to wonder if that is truly what he wants.

Tails made his way out of the base. Not letting himself be left behind again.

---------------------

Sonic sped past the forest, dodging any obstacles that came forth. He felt stupid for not watching the News further to identify where Eggman was currently at. Sonic should probably go back to get the information, but then he'll have to reject Tails again. Sonic can't handle that. He opted to keep running until he found it.

BOOM

The familiar sound of an explosion can be heard from a distance.

"I guess I didn't need the news after all." Sonic mutters to himself. He runs faster to the direction of the noise. Once he reached the source of the sound, the infamous doctor was spotted. For all the time that has passed, Eggman never really changed. Sure he looks older, but everything still remains the same. His goals never changed either.

"EGGMAN!" Sonics yelled and pointed his index finger at his long time rival. Eggman turned to face the hedgehog, unfazed with his appearance.

"Took you long enough, rodent! I've been waiting to test out a new weapon on you!" Eggman yelled before pushing a button on his eggmobile.

"Is this going to be one of your many MANY failed attempts at trying to kill me? Cause I'll remind you that, it never works out for you!~" Sonic taunted the scientist. He had been fighting him for as long as he can remember. At this point, facing Eggman had become a chore. Sonic sometimes felt bad for the guy. Eggman really had nothing but his desire to defeat Sonic.

Before Sonic can continue his usual taunting, a loud rumble was heard from beneath his feet. He jumped out of the way. Sonic tried to take a peak at what had been coming from the ground, but a swatbot had come flying towards him.

Sonic dodge out of the way before spin dashing at his opponent. Once the bot was finally destroyed, he finally got a full view at what Eggman cooked up for him this time.

It was a decent sized robot. Wasn't too big but it was far from small either. Its weapons were easily visible as guns and spikes covered the whole body. With all the spikes that covered it, Sonic won't be able to just spin dash at it.

"You like what you see? Take a good look, Sonic! This machine will be the one that finally puts an end to your pathetic life!" Eggman broke into a fit of laughter at the thought of finally getting rid of his biggest obstacle.

Sonic wasn't able to reply to Eggman before the robot charged straight at him. The hedgehog tried to jump overhead the robot, but its spikes were long which caused them to scratch at Sonic's leg.

He hissed at the pain and looked at the damage done. It wasn't a particularly deep cut which Sonic supposes is fortunate. Though the cut did cause him to falter leaving the robot an opening to strike.

Sonic held up his arms to lessen the impact of the hit. The Robot's hit never came. He looked up to see what the issue was. It was Tails.

Tails had managed to hit a solid blow on the bot with his tails. He was proud of himself for being able to save Sonic. Now Sonic has to realize how useful he can be to him. (Right?)

"TAILS?!" Hearing his name called out from above him, Tails turned his head to look at Eggman.

"And here I thought you were dead. But rest assured! Today I'll finally put an end to you!"

Just as Eggman finished his sentence, the robot from before stood up and began to charge at him. He used his tails to propel himself up. Successfully dodging.

While Tails was busy trying to take down the bot, Sonic was contemplating what to do. Having Tails join the fight was the one thing Sonic wanted to avoid. He didn't want his brother fighting anymore. To throw away his childhood. He will contemplate this later. Right now, he had to take care of the issue.

Once Sonic joined the fight, Tails and him were able to move in sync. As if they've never drifted apart. Tails loved the feeling of fighting alongside his brother.

Sonic was horrified.

This feeling only intensified every time Tails was ever close to being hit. Sonic swears that his heart was racing faster than he can run. It finally came to a stop though. Just not in the way he wished.

The Robot and Eggman were getting sick and tired of their antics. Eggman helped his minion out by throwing a small bomb at Tails. Luckily, he was able to move out of the way before it exploded but he unintentionally set himself in the perfect position for the bot to punch him. Tails was sent flying back.

Sonic's heart halted. His blood ran cold. He never wanted to have Tails get hurt. Without any second thought, Sonic aimed himself at Eggman and launched himself full force. The doctor was taken aback by the sudden attack and had no time to dodge. The impact caused the eggmobile to shatter which destroyed the control panel for the Robot. Before Sonic could begin to fight Eggman head on, movement could be heard behind him.

"WOW! You've gotten a lot stronger since the last time we fought together!" Tails' voice only contained wonder and admiration. No hint of any discomfort. Sonic ran towards his buddy.

"HAVE YOU GONE MAD?!" Sonic yelled out. The hedgehog paid no mind to the escaping doctor. He'll finish the job another time. For now, Tails needed his full attention.

"Huh?" Tails muttered out. The fox was confused as to why he was being yelled at.

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY BEHIND! WHERE IT WAS SAFE!" Sonic was too deep into his panic to calm himself down. For 3 years he avoided his brother just so he could be safe.

"I-i just wanted to help you! I can be useful to you!" Tails argued back with Sonic. He didn't need to be left behind. Not anymore.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP! I NEED YOU TO BE SAFE!"

"Sonic! Please relax... We can talk about this once you've calmed down." Tails tried to reason with Sonic. He didn't want to have another situation like Shadow's. Tails was not enjoying the fact he was yelled at by both his brothers.

"RELAX? RELAX AT A TIME LIKE THIS?"

Tails just simply gave him a small nod. Still trying to figure out why Sonic snapped at him all of a sudden. His ears were dropping lower on his head.

"I HAD TO DO THE MOST PAINFUL DECISION OF MY LIFE TO KEEP YOU SAFE!! AND ALL THOSE 3 YEARS ARE BEING PUT TO WASTE RIGHT NOW!!"

The fox wasn't even allowed to process this new information or question his brother further before feeling himself be tugged away.

"Don't yell at him." It was Shadow. He must have heard the explosion from a distance and came to check it out.

Tails just found it hypocritical of Shadow to say such a thing. He recalls being yelled at just a few days ago.

"Why should I listen to you?" Sonic snarled at the ebony hedgehog. Shadow just gave him a glare before facing Tails.

"Let's go back home." Shadow reached for Tails wrist, but the fox pulled away. This action pained Shadow, but he didn't let it show.

"Oh gee- He doesn't want to go with you. Well you can just take your leave while me and Tails just go home." Sonic also attempted to grab ahold of Tails wrist, but just as Tails did prior he pulled away. Now both hedgehogs were heart broken.

"You guys honestly think I'm going home with either one of you at this time?!" Tails was not having none of this. If he was going to go home, he would like for both his brothers to come along.

Tails pondered if he was actually doing the right call before just going for it. He grabbed onto both Sonic and Shadow's wrist and began to drag them. He paid no mind to the shocked reactions he received.

"All of us are going home!" Tails proclaimed. A few steps later, he came to a stop. Now Shadow and Sonic were even more confused.

"Uh... Tails?" Both hedgehogs said in a usion. They glared at each other for a split second, seemingly trying to communicate to each other to 'Stop copying me faker'.

"Quick question. Which home?" Tails questioned both hedgehogs. He was a little embarrassed to be asking this.

Sonic and Shadow just stared at Tails for a moment.

"I don't know... You were the one that started to drag us." Sonic gestured to Tails hands gripping on to his wrist. The blue hedgehog wished to just push Shadow away and run off with Tails.

"I suggest we go to 'Our' home. Since it's most likely better than whatever dump the faker kept you in." Shadow made sure to emphasize 'our' to rub it in Sonic's face. He didn't understand why Tails wanted to bring Sonic along.

"HEY! I'll let you know that my house is very well kept!"

"Sure...." Shadow eyed Sonic suspiciously.

Tails just face palmed himself. Maybe having these 2 in the same house wouldn't be the best idea.

"I agree with Shadow." Tails finally spoke up.

"WHAT? You don't think my house is well kept?!" Sonic was pretty offended. His house wasn't the best but it surely wasn't the worst.

Shadow sent an evil smirk at Sonic's direction. He was definitely going to gloat about this victory to Sonic once they got home. Shadow stopped his mind though. They? Shadow didn't want Sonic in his home. He hated him. (Sure.)

"No. No! Your house only has 1 bedroom while Shadow's and I have 3!"

All Tails got as a response was a small hmph from Sonic. He sighed and continued walking in the direction of their house. Tails had zero clue what he was doing. Only thing he wanted was to sort things out with Shadow and to ensure Sonic wasn't going to abandon him again.

"DID YOU JUST HIT ME?!"

"And I'll do it again."

First thing on Tails bucket list was to stop Sonic and Shadow from killing each other.

This is going to be hard.

---------

Hello! Very sorry for the late update! Some things came up- which didn't give me enough free time! I'll try my best to not let this happen again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 2.5K 36
At 40 Sonic is divorced, homeless and no longer the big hero he once was.. Shadow hasn't aged a day or changed in personality since Sonic last saw hi...
50.2K 1.8K 29
Years go by and another couple is born. Love is everywhere but never is formed. Without you it's bad. But with you I am glad. (This is a story about...
3.3K 118 17
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain," these words fall out as he smirked. ------ It has been years eve...
24.1K 940 31
★⎯⎯ Sonic would always hang out with his "Best friend" Shadow as he likes to put it, But Shadow on the other hand just thought of Sonic as his rival...