Our Secrets

By Skyalent

Batfam x Batsis Reader Harry Potter AU "You've got your secrets, I've got mine. The only difference is that... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Change
Chapter 2 - Gala
Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark
Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery
Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic
Chapter 6 - The Days Before School
Chapter 7 - Different
Chapter 8 - Dragons
Chapter 9 - Filler Chapter
Chapter 10 - Let's Hang Out!
Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date
Chapter 12 - The Gala
Chapter 13 - December the 26th
Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets
Special Chapter YAYYYYYYYYYY
Chapter 15 - Summer Flashbacks
Chapter 16 - Back at School
Chapter 17 - Inner Feelings
Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts
Chapter 19 - Words Left Unsaid
Chapter 20 - Back In Time (Part 1)
Chapter 21 - The Third Task
Chapter 22 - Back in Time (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Original Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep
Chapter 24 - Brooms
New Years Special!
Chapter 25 - Muggle Ice Slippers
Chapter 26 - A List of Questions
Chapter 27 -The Bucket List (Part 1)
Chapter 28 -The Bucket List (Part 2)
Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)
Chapter 30 -The Bucket List (Part 4)
Chapter 31 - The Justice League
Chapter 32 - Without Her
Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem
Chapter 34 - Defending and Training
Chapter 35 - Newt's Surprise
The Second Special Chapter!
Chapter 36 - Catching Up
Chapter 37 - Mischief Never Managed
Chapter 38 - Deadpool
Teenfic... Please Stop
I Know...
Chapter 40 - Back in Time... Again??
Chapter 41 - Safe and Sound
Chapter 42 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 43 - 'Twas The Night Before Heart Attack
Chapter 44 - Stupid. Loveable. Idiot
Chapter 45 - The Chaotic Holidays
Chapter 46 - Cold
Chapter 47 - Undertale
Chapter 48 - A Frizzy Day
Chapter 49 - The Dursley Investigation
Chapter 50 - Patronuses
Chapter 51 - Bacon and Meowson
Chapter 52 - When There's Trouble You Know Who To Call...
Chapter 53 - Alone

Chapter 39 - Princess in a Tower

558 15 4
By Skyalent

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 39 — Princess in a Tower

A/n: I swear y'all forgot about Frizz

"Better prep yourself pumpkin! I'm comin down for a visit!"

════════════════════════════════

Recap:

But as they ran around the playground, they failed to notice a smiling face watching from the shadows, danger lurking in his eyes.

"It seems Brucie Wucie got me a new toy!" He laughed maniacally as he walked away.

"It's time to have some fun," he grinned, smile stretching wide.

═════════════

Y/n was taking a break from school. She had enough supplies stocked for Hogwarts and she had practiced her magic a lot. Her consistency in keeping her Gojo shield up (she decided to name it after Gojo since he showed it to her) was getting better. She could hold it up 24/7, but she needed to work on getting it stronger if she were to hold it for a longer period of time.

She also figured out how to control portals. Not to different universes though, just places that she had been before and could imagine with great detail. So, without using Zooky for help, she was able to make a portal straight to the creature reserve.

Right now, she was showing Tim the creature reserve as an apology for yeeting him out the window multiple times for her to practice her magic. Though, on the plus side for Tim, he had basically perfected landing from being thrown into the air.

The hippogriffs were the easiest to show to Tim, as they quickly accepted Tim after he bowed. Tim was fascinated by the dragons although he kept a safe distance away and a Snallygaster accidentally scared Tim as it started to inflate.

As Y/n called for Zooky to bring them back to the manor (she didn't feel like she had enough energy to make a portal) she laughed as she watched Tim being chased by baby Blast-Ended Skrewts. "Quick Tim, pose like a crab!"

Without hesitation, Tim posed like a crab and the Skrewts paused, copying his position. "Why aren't they coming after you!?"

"'Cause they know me! I practically raised them."

Tim carefully crab walked all the way to Y/n and Zooky appeared right next to them.

"We're ready to go, Zooky!"

"Alright Miss Y/n!"

They appeared in the living room, but it was dark outside, indicating that it was night time. Y/n turned to Tim, "Sorry Tim, I didn't mean to make you be late for patrol."

"No it's good, Bruce expected this to happen but he wanted us to have a good time and to get you to relax. You've been working hard recently." Tim explained, but Y/n sent a cheeky smile at him.

"Says the one who doesn't sleep, works at Bruce's company, is a vigilante, and drinks 10 pots of coffee per night and day."

"Touche. Goodnight Y/n, I'm heading for patrol."

"Night!"

Walking further into the hallway by herself, she didn't notice the figure slowly approaching behind her.

It was too sudden, a cloth to her face and a few breaths and she was lights out. "Good night pumpkin," an eerie voice reached her ears before she fully went unconscious.

— — — — — — — — — —

Y/n woke up in her room. Or rather, a room that looked eerily similar to hers. She knew this because everything magical in her room automatically hid itself when she left her room, but now that she was here, nothing magical was happening. Opening her mouth to talk, she found herself unable to, causing her to panic.

Her throat wasn't in any pain, so she should be talking perfectly fine. Getting up, she looked out the window to find a horribly painted background of the Wayne Manor's backyard. Looking in her closet she found clothes that could fit her, but she knew it wasn't hers.

In the corner of her- the room was a camera, but Y/n made sure it seemed like she didn't notice it. Finally, she made it to the door and unsurprisingly she found it locked. Going back to sit on her bed, she was trying to keep herself calm.

She lived in a house full of heroes. One of them should be trying to find her location right now. She tried to recall what happened seconds before she blacked out, but she couldn't remember.

She stared at the flower in a small pot near the window with the fake outdoors. Looking around the room, she found that her captive was kind enough to provide a water bottle and went towards the droopy looking flower.

She poured some water on the plant, subtly and sneakily mixing her powers in the water to keep the flower healthy.

"Hello pumpkin!" A laugh followed and Y/n was startled by the sudden voice. The tv on the wall showed the Joker, smiling so wildly. The glint in his eyes told her he was enjoying this. So, to stay alive, she decided to amuse him.

She waved back, giving the Joker a smile. In all honesty, Y/n couldn't find it in her to feel scared. She faced Voldemort, who, in her opinion, was much more scarier considering that she almost died to his hands

The Joker seemed to be in a bit of shock, but his smile seemed a bit wider when he responded, "You won't be talking in a while," He laughed, "You're gonna be staying here for a while okay? Let's play a game together!"

Y/n tilted her head and raised her hands as if to say, 'What kind of game??'

"Well deary, Batsy sure likes rescuing Wayne kiddos, so why don't we make you my dear Rapunzel?"

Y/n nodded before pointing to the closet. She went to it and pulled out one of the dresses there. It was colorful, like all the other outfits. This one seemed to be a red dress that had been thrown in many different colors of paint.

"Huh, I like you more than all those other kids." Joker mumbled under his breath. His captive was very willing to go along with his plans. "That's exactly the idea missy! We oughta get your makeup done too!"

The Joker went silent as if thinking about something before speaking up, "Better prep yourself pumpkin! I'm comin down for a visit!"

— — — — — — —

Okay, to be fair, Y/n didn't realize that she had accidentally made friends with the supervillain.

The Joker had found her intriguing, currently he was raunting about stories that he blew out of proportion to make it funnier, and Y/n was laughing. Although silent, genuinely laughing. Not at him but at his jokes. When was the last time he acted like a proper comedian?

She managed to keep up with the Joker with her calm chaotic personality. She made wide movements to respond to the Joker that always amused him. The wide eyes with curiosity at his stories that honestly should have scared her, but he seemed to realize that perhaps Y/n was almost as sane as he was (that being the opposite of sane).

It had been a while since the Joker felt like this. Why was this Wayne kid so likable? He wanted to distance himself from forming a bond with the kid, but he did this to himself. He chose to step into the room. It felt human to be around her. It was weird, but why was he craving the company from this small girl? Was it because Harley left? Was that it?

She let him do her makeup, patiently sitting on a chair watching the mirror on the wall as the Joker worked. She didn't flinch at his touch but rather made funny faces at herself in the reflection and laughed at herself. Joker kinda wished he hadn't drugged her to be silent so that he could actually talk to her.

A beep came from his watch and a grin formed on his face, "We gotta get going Princess! Batsy's on his way!" He skipped to the door, opening it wide before offering his arm. "Shall we?" His grin stretched wide and he loved the fact that she smiled back in return, the makeup making it seem like her smile was wider.

A hand placed in his arm, he walked her to a car, his goons waiting for him. As he helped her into the car, he closed the door and stared at his goons. "A single touch on my princess's head and I will kill you."

— — — — — — —

Y/n sighed, her legs chained to a large bomb at the top of a large clock tower. It was slightly irritating, but she didn't have the key to take it off, the Joker tauntingly putting it in his pocket. And there was still a camera, so no magic.

At least the Joker allowed her to bring the flower in the pot back in her fake room for company. Her voice was slowly coming back to her. The best she could do was hum, so she took advantage of the echoey clock tower and hummed the most eerie songs like Ring Around the Rosies.

She could hear fighting from down below her, and she stared at the bomb that had jumped from 10 to 5 minutes.

Suddenly she felt movement near her leg. Looking down she saw the familiar sight of a Bowtruckle. To be more precise, it was Frizz.

Frizz had hopped along for the ride, unnoticed during Y/n's tour with her brother. He had stayed with her the whole time, and when he knew it was finally safe to come out and help, he did.

Y/n carefully hid Frizz within her dress as he tried picking the lock on the chain. Within a few seconds, her legs were free and Y/n quickly picked Frizz up to hide in her hair.

Getting near the camera, Frizz reached out to scratch at it, only to find out that it had been inactive the whole time. Without anything having to hold her back, Y/n ran to the door, using her magic to unlock it.

Just as she opened the door, she narrowly ducked from an incoming punch and stared wide eyed at her father who almost punched her.

She hummed in alarm, the Batman also in shock but quickly turned into relief. He was about to pick her up but Y/n quickly made motions to the inside of the room, making an explosion in her hands.

Batman was quick to disable the bomb, but the Joker knew this. The Joker knew the Bat. He needed to get the final laugh.

"Oh Batsy!" He called out, his voice echoing around the clock tower. "Don't you remember what happens before Rapunzel ends?"

Bruce, never having watched many movies until recently, did not recall the plot of Rapunzel.

"Her mother dearest dies. But what if the princess died instead?"

"No!" Batman called out as he realized too late. The Joker was already in the room, grabbing hold of Y/n and at the edge of the clock tower, cars speeding down as the stars shined above.

"If you stay alive, let's play again soon!" The Joker whispered to her before tossing her off the tower.

Y/n felt the adrenaline of falling. She faintly heard her family calling out to her as she fell, Damian's screams being the most recognizable and loudest.

Nightwing, in quick action, sent a Batarang with a rope, swinging down to reach her. He got closer, their hands reaching out to each other.

But fate was not on their side.

Just a fingertip. But that distance was all that stopped him from catching his sister.

They watched as she continued falling, and just as Mother Gothel did as she reached the ground.

She disappeared. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 49 10
DISCONTINUED "Hi, Do you mind if I sit here? if it's not full ---. Oh! Hey Ron." Ron looked at Harry if he was okay, Harry nodded. " Hey Y/n. Sure, c...
401K 8.9K 62
"tell me potter, is that all i am to you?" •••••• harryxreader they/she pronouns will be used:) •••••• y/n l/n, starting their fourth year at hogwar...
305K 8.7K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...
9.4K 197 27
IMPORTANT: I have a major writers block since August 2020, and I haven't updated this story properly ever since. And honestly, I'm not sure if I want...