when heaven and hell meet

By naijagal19

"If that demon were to see you, he would kiss your eyes and repent. Your body is sinful perfection. It's the... More

Authors Note
Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
7
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
14
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
21
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
28
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty one and a half
thirty-two
thirty three
thirty four
35
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
fourty one
42
fourty two and a half
fourty three
forty four
forty five
fourty six
fourty seven
fourty eight
49
thank you + announcements

Epilogue

7.5K 270 182
By naijagal19

Luci
: remember me (umi)

Seven Years Later

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?"Celia asked.

I tossed her an item of clothing to put into the "no-pile" as I packed my suitcase. Today was the day before the day. I refrained from scoffing at her ridiculous question and continued placing the clothes neatly into my bag.

"Don't ask stupid questions," I said. "And you should be packing too."

Her brows furrowed, and I rolled my eyes while zipping my bag angrily.

"You didn't seriously think I would leave without you?" I asked.

"You want me to come with you?" she asked.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Celia, and- my goodness, you're crying?"

Tears brimmed and slid down her cheek as she ran over to engulf me in a tight hug. I froze up against her and carefully removed her from my body.

"Sorry," she apologized. "I forgot you don't like to be touched."

I grimaced and straightened out my top.

"You've had seven years to remember that," I said. "Now go on and pack. You can pick some of my clothes from the no-pile."

She grinned from ear to ear and started admiring the tops I had discarded to the floor.

Our friendship has changed in the last seven years. Celia and I were closer than ever, but she was more of my employee than my friend. Due to my position as Lucifer's second, she could not be as informal with me as she used to be.

I took a deep breath and walked to my vanity mirror. I tried not to stare too long at the mirror during my time here, but as the day to leave grew closer, I frequently checked my appearance.

"You are stunning, Luci," Celia hummed. "Everyone here knows that you are the prettiest demon to set foot in this place. Not even the succubi could hold a candle to you."

My hands gently touched my finger coils, and I took a deep breath.

I could not get anxious now.

I had not felt it since the day I came to Hell. It was a weak feeling that Lucifer said I had to eradicate.

"Anxiety is fear. Once someone can sense your fear, you have already lost."

"He will think you look beautiful, Lucille," Celia said.

I looked at her through my mirror and huffed under my breath. "If you're implying I'm insecure, you're wrong."

"I'm not implying that-"

"Because I'm very secure in my looks," I glared.

"Of course you are," she smiled and bowed reverently. "My apologies."

There was a glint in her eye that I didn't like. As if she was mocking me with a single look.

"Just... just finish packing," I huffed.

She nodded and started throwing clothes into one of my old suitcases. I turned around to look in the mirror once more when a knock interrupted me.

"You may enter," I yelled, recognizing the knock.

Charlotte peaked through the doorway before fully entering the room and engulfing me in a big hug. I pushed her off me, and her back landed against the marble floor.

"Well, that hurt!" she pouted.

I closed the door behind her and wiped my arms. "You know better, Charlotte."

She frowned and helped herself up before pulling out a whistle-shaped item. When she blew in, a round of confetti and string erupted onto my face as she smiled.

"Today's the big day, Luci!" she cheered.

"Lucille," I corrected.

She went silent for a moment before saying, "Right, my apologies."

"Forgiven."

I placed my suitcase on the floor near Celia and glanced impatiently at Charlotte.

"Is there a reason you've come to visit?" I asked. "Lucifer does not like Roderick nor his kin in the first circle, let alone the manor."

Her entire demeanor changed. I could feel it. As if attempting to make me feel bad, she looked at Celia, who glanced at her momentarily and continued to pack. Charlotte was no longer the naive thirteen-year-old girl I once knew her as. She was nineteen and well aware of her place here.

"I just wanted you to give him this," she said.

She reached into her pocket and handed me a large blue rock with the initials S+J+C carved into it.

"What is this?" I asked.

"It's a rock Saint got us when we went to Temecula one summer when we were young."

"And what do you want me to do with this?" I asked.

"Give it to him," she said. "Please."

I glanced dumbfoundedly at the rock and looked at Charlotte. Before I could say anything, Celia got up and took the stone from Charlotte.

"It'll be the first thing we give him," she smiled. "You should go, Charlotte, before Lucifer sees you."

She nodded and looked at me shyly before leaving. When the door shut behind her, I glared at Celia.

"Throw that rock away."

"You need to be kinder to her," she said.

"I need to be what?"

"I get it, you lost him, but she lost him too. She knew her way before you did, Luci."

"It's Lucille!" I yelled.

Celia threw her hands up in defense and zipped up her bag.

"I don't want to fight," she said. "I'll see you tomorrow morning."

She left me standing still in the middle of my room. I wanted to go after her, but I stopped myself.

"You only need yourself in this world."

Lucifer's words are etched inside my brain.

Celia knew how to punish me in the worst way possible. Not by leaving me alone but by leaving me alone in my thoughts. It was torture trying not to think about Saint constantly when my mind wasn't busy with useless conversation, and she knew that.

I paced around my room, trying to distract myself, when a single knock was tapped on my door.

I straightened my posture and counted to seven when the door opened to reveal Lucifer. He wore a burgundy red suit and matching tie.

"Celia seems unwell," he remarked. "And I caught a whiff of that girl in the hallway just now."

"Celia is dramatic," I sighed. "And Charlotte was dropping something off. She was in and out of here in less than five minutes."

"Hm," is all he said.

He looked down at the suitcases on the floor and then back again at me and cocked his head to the side.

"Going somewhere?" he asked. He checked his watch and clicked his tongue against the folks of his mouth.

"I believe you still have another 10 hours twenty-six-"

"Minutes and 43 seconds," I finished. "But who's counting?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "And I thought you would have matured with your time spent here. I was wrong."

"I have matured."

"Chopping off your hair and adopting my stoic personality isn't maturing, although I do love the idea of my daughter becoming my mini-me," he said.

"I've matured," I repeated.

"If you've matured, you will unpack your bags and enjoy this life I've created for you."

"Our deal was that-"

"I'll honor our deal," he said. "My word is true when it comes to you. I want you to realize that Earth will be your own personal Hell. Nobody will indulge you."

"I don't expect that."

"But you expect to find Saint and have everything return to normal, right?"

I didn't answer.

"That right there is what makes you immature," he sighed. "I've been through this before. Your expectations are too high. You're going to disappoint yourself."

"I'll tell Mallory you said hello," I smiled to change the conversation.

He rolled his eyes and reached into his suit pocket to hand me a small wooden box. I opened it to find a dagger I knew all too well and a red glass crystal heart shape necklace.

"For protection," he said. "Use the necklace if you need me or want to come back home."

I smiled at him, and he sighed while awkwardly patting my head. We had gotten somewhat close over the last seven years. Celia would often tell me that Lucifer and I spoke our language.

"Don't cause too much trouble, alright," he said. "I don't want to be summoned while I'm bathing."

"Thank you, Lucifer," I said.

"Be smart, my girl," he said. "A lot can change in seven years."

I nodded, knowing that tomorrow my life would change forever again.

That night I brought out Saint's red book from underneath a loose marble floorboard and began to write.

I wrote underneath Saint's entries about little things about my time here. Writing in the red book was the only way I processed my feelings. I did not write it in much since the emotions it evoked stirred my mind too much. Mostly, I would read the entries as my heart ached, but tonight was different.

Saint,
I cut off all my hair. I wonder if you'll like it. I'm different now. I'm sure you are too. I wonder if we'll like each other's differences.

I finished writing the short entry and placed the book back in its regular spot. Getting dressed for bed, my hands wandered over the new tattoos I had gotten, and everything else new Saint had not seen before.

He doesn't know me, so everything isn't "new."

Shaking off the thought, I let the sleep consume me.

The next day, I woke up and walked down the stairs as my chambermaid carried our bags to the parlor. Saying my goodbyes to Marcus, the staff, and Lucifer, Celia and I took a deep breath as Lucifer placed his hands over our shoulders and spoke quickly.

As the red mist began to surround us, I felt fear fester in my stomach. Celia squeezed my hand in support, and before I knew it, everything went black.

Announcements next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 13K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...
309K 14.2K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...
21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
133 4 9
When the fates of a PuRe untainted soul and an epitome of Evility known of it's mercilessness & cruelty will cross each others path in a really unexp...