𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚛�...

By Benzita13

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 �... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
°1°
°2°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44 A°
°44 B°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°

°3°

376 75 21
By Benzita13

° ° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° ° °
For a school with prestige, it's first days of school have been quiet boring. And according to the principal, the school's regular activities would start fully as from next week Monday.

It was day two of the first week in Diamond High and the students here seemed to have a thing for gawking at a person.

Mandel had introduced me to Amorette, who turned out to be Mandel's best friend, thereby, proving a part of what Ayomide had told me to be true.

And boy was she mad to see me.

But what I still couldn't understand was why Ayomide and a few students I met yesterday had acted as if Mandel was a bad person when she's actually been nothing but sunshine and rainbows.

Something wasn't right.

A snap of a finger jolted me out of my memory, dawning on me that I was in the cafeteria.

"Hey, aren't you going to eat that?" Mandel asked, reaching for the food on my tray and I immediately wacked her hands away.

"Rude!" I said, rolling my eyes in annoyance, but Mandel just shrugged and reached for Amorette's instead.

The table soon became silent, so silent that the only thing I could hear was Mandel's loud chewing, Amorette hadn't said a thing since I came to the table and I craved anything but that.

"Oh My Gosh!" Mandel suddenly exclaimed, startling me in the process.

I narrowed my brows at her in annoyance. "What?"

"How can you be in Diamond High and you literally don't know the basic stuffs?!" She exclaimed, and I couldn't help but stare at her like she had grown three horns at the top of her head.

"Because I came yesterday." I said.

"You totally need to know. Firstly, the top ten hottest guys in all of SS3." She said, and that immediately lost my interest.

And I thought she was going to say something reasonable.

"There's Orlando, Samuel, Jonathan, Obinna, Ayomide..." And I immediately zoned out.

My eyes immediately fell on a slim tall girl smiling widely and sashaying towards a table. She stopped at the front of the table a group of guys sat, and out of those guys, I was able to see Ayomide.

She leaned on the table while still smiling at the guys as if they have put some enchantment on her or something. She said a few words, with them nodding at her, and finally, she stood up and sashayed away.

I rolled my eyes at her act—

"Aidan!!!" Mandel suddenly yelled, startling me.

"Geez! Why're you shouting?" I asked, frowning at her.

"Because, Aidan's like, the hottest guy ever!" She exclaimed, and again, I stared at her like she had three horns on her head then rolled my eyes.

She turned to Amorette who still hadn't said a word.

I was actually starting to think she was deaf and mute.

"Did you give Aidan the welcome back gift?" She asked, I turned to look at Amorette who suddenly stopped eating and she just stared at the plate with slightly larger eyes, then she swiftly raised her head and grinned at Mandel, nodding frantically.

"Yes." She said. "He loved it."

Mandel clapped her hands in a joyful manner and excitedly stood up. "I'm gonna go ask him." She said. "I wanna really know what he thinks."

Amorette suddenly coughed and began to hit her chest in a choking manner. I quickly handed her a bottled water. She drank it and suddenly went after Mandel.

"Daniella didn't invite you to her party!" She suddenly yelled, getting the attention of some students near our table.

Mandel came to an abrupt stop and she said nothing, then, she walked over to the table of boys the other girl had sashayed to, and said a few things.

I rolled my eyes at her.

She was hopeless!

I stood up and began to walk out of the cafeteria when suddenly, someone called me.

I slowly turned around only to see Ayomide jogging towards me. "Hey, napping partner." He said with a wink.

"Oh, Ayomide, Hi." I smiled.

"Daniella just invited us to a party this Saturday, you coming?" He asked.

I shrugged. "What's it for?"

"A welcome back party, to celebrate school's resumption and us finally being in our last year of school." He smiled.

I scoffed and shoved my hands in my blazer pocket. "That's a stupid reason to throw a party."

Ayomide shook his head and smiled. "Being in SS3 is something to be happy about, you know." He said.

I shrugged. "I'm coming anyway. Mandel would probably drag me there even if I disagreed." I said.

"Mandel's not coming." Ayomide said, and I furrowed my brows.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's Daniella's party, I don't know why but those two don't like each other so she probably wouldn't invite Mandel." He said, nodding his head.

Another person that disliked Mandel?

What did she do to these people?

"I'll find a way to get her to come." I said, and out of the cafeteria I went.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was just the second day of the first week of school and the teachers were already holding a meeting, so as expected, the class was noise filled.

I spotted Mandel sitting by Amorette's seat and talking animatedly with her, so I stood up and headed over to their seat.

"Mandel, I gotta ask you something." I said, then turning to Amorette I said; "Can you excuse us for a minute or two?"

She darted her gaze to Mandel who nodded slightly at her, then she stood up hesitantly and left.

Wow!

Mandel turned to me, beaming. "Gist buddy."

I rolled my eyes at her. "All these students here think you're mean. Why?"

She let out a loud hiss and sat up straighter, then waved her hand in the air as if to dismiss the topic. "Don't mind those idiots, their all just jealous of me."

I furrowed my brows at her in confusion. "Why would they be jealous of you?" I asked.

She stared at me in shock, slight hurt showing in her expression. "I'm too much na." She said, fanning herself with her hands causing me to roll my eyes.

"For your mind." I smirked.

"Of course." She smiled, flipping her imaginary long hair.

"But seriously, you don't seem like someone that'll easily get on a person's bad side." I said.

"I'm not. These children just don't like me and I don't know why." She shrugged.

"Are you going to Daniella's party?" I asked.

She looked shocked for a brief moment but regained her composure as soon as that. "Of course I am. How did you know about it?"

"Ayomide told me." I shrugged.

"Oh." Was all she said.

"But I heard Amorette saying Daniella didn't invite you to her party? You sure it's safe to go uninvited?" I asked, folding my arms and raising a brow.

"She's like that. The party would be a blast." She said and waved her hand again. "Abeg talk better talk joor." She said.

Just then, a guy walked past us, walking all the way to the back of the class and when I turned back to Mandel to continue our conversation, she was still staring at his retreating figure.

I snapped my finger in front of her. "Earth to Mandel." I said, and she immediately shook her head as if in a trance before.

She glanced at him once more and her lips morphed into a frown. She leaned in closer to me as if we were in some kind of conspiracy.

"Let me tell you something." She said, her frown getting deeper. "The guy that just past us now, don't let his fine face deceive you, he's a very big idiot. He's so annoying and arrogant just cos he's fine."

I turned around to see the guy exchanging a handshake with some guy and Ayomide, then I brought my gaze back to Mandel. "Really?"

She nodded, and leaned back with some sort of satisfied smirk. "Really."

"How're you sure?" I asked.

"Ah, he's been my classmate for years. How can I not be sure?!" She said.

"O—"

A loud shriek coming from outside of the classroom interrupted the simple statement I was about to make, and I stood up just as everyone else made their way out of the classroom.

I scurried towards the door and out of the classroom to see a girl assumably in SS1 on her kneels by the end of the hallway with a guy about her age standing beside her.

She had her hands placed on her chest, and it looked like she was having difficulty breathing.

I walked quickly towards the girl and knelt in front of her immediately. Her hands started to move around the floor, making it seem like she was looking for something.

She let out a heavy gasp of air, and my gaze fell on an inhaler not too far from her.

My eyes widened at the sight of the inhaler, and I withdrew from her a bit. My surroundings suddenly felt cold, freezing even and I could feel my hands tremble slightly as I gulped, still staring at the inhaler.

Right then, I felt like I had just seen my death being displayed before me.

She was . . . Asthmatic.

Kind of like. . .

I snapped out of my thoughts and reached for it immediately and quickly handed it to the girl.

She took it from me in a nanosecond, quickly made use of it and I just stared at her, at the inhaler and then back at her as she made use of it.

When she had finally calmed down, I gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "What happened?" I asked.

She didn't say anything but rather slowly glared at something behind me. I traced her glare to the boy standing behind me.

"He stole my Inhaler and called me weak!" She said, her voice barely a whisper.

That sentence, the statement, those words drove me mad right then, and I instantly felt a rush of adrenaline as I boiled in anger.

I turned around to the boy, and without thinking, gave him a resounding slap on the cheek.

"Are you mad?!" I yelled at him, but the boy didn't say anything. He just stared at me blankly.

I made to hit him in all my rage, but a hand held mine mid way.

Out of frustration and anger, I traced the hand to it's owner only to see Ayomide staring back at the boy.

"Go there." He said, pointing at the end of the hallway. "And pick pin until this subject period is over."

The boy did so grudgingly and Ayomide turned back to look at me.

"You weren't the one the boy did that to but you looked like you were about to kill him." He joked.

I rolled my eyes at him and looked back at the girl, who had stood up already and was still glaring at the boy. She turned back to look at me, muttered a 'thank you senior' and walked away.

---------------------------------

Wow.

Tammy what happened? You okay?

Everyone's hating on Mandel, and it seems she wants to go and crash Daniella's party. Good luck to her😁👏👏

I'm tired, and I'm feeling lazy, so until next time.

XOXO,
Benzita13 ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45K 4.3K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me 😉 *There wi...
21.9K 454 9
❝𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 .❞ ❙❘❙❘❘❙❘❙❙❘❙❘❚❙❘❙❘❘❙❘❙❙❘❙❘❚ Nxnmsaoksmapksksk don't read this cuz reasons. Rea...
4.6K 870 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...
430 62 10
❛❛𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒏𝒕; 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓...