you're my best friend (Hirai...

By fruitpunch69

Momo and y/n have been best friends for a while now, with infinite love and trust between them. A seemingly p... More

Back to school
I don't understand
day spend
Movie night?
Movie night
Hangover
Arcade
Unexpected
Party
After (the) party
my bad
Date for the dance
Awkward
unrequited
Unrequited (pt.2)
sleepover
preparing for the dance
Dance (pt.1)
Dance pt.2
After math
Worried
Constant denial
Realization
Confession
HELLO?! (Not a chap)
Hospital bed
Surprise
'it's cool'
on the way
hospital room
Better
Date?
Just the start
No Dinner
Bad timing
just right
a new start
first day as girlfriends
cat out the bag?
school trip
roommates
not my roommie
IMP ANNOUNCEMENT !!!
new chapter

Hide and seek

252 12 4
By fruitpunch69

It was Friday, finally.

"What a long week" I yawned as I walked out of school with chaeyoung who hummed in response as she ate her gummy bears.

We both gasped as jeongyeon came running out and jumped on our backs, her girlfriend following behind.

"Get Off!" I whined

"Sorry, I'm feeling pumped" she bounced on her feet as chae went up to Mina who also came out.

"You guys wanna hang out at my place tonight?" Nayeon asked

"I'm down" "hell yeah" "sure" "aw you invited everyone?"

"Ew jeongyeon" chae made a face at her.

"Where's Momo?" I looked around

"She told us not to wait for her, let's go" Mina spoke and started walking. That's weird.

Today was weird too. Expectedly so. After Momo walking in on ryujin and I, she barely talked to me today. I myself felt too awkward to say anything. Lunch was awfully tense too, until ryujin texted me to meet her in one of the hallways just cause. I was glad I had a valid excuse to leave cause Mina wouldn't stop eyeing me and momo didn't even touch her food. I'm sure the other three noticed something was up but chose to stay quiet.

"How does 6:30 sound? You guys can sleepover too I've already asked my mom" nayeon looked at all of us as we walked.

"I'll be there" I replied as I waved at everyone and separated from the group to head home.

-

"Why are you home?" I asked my mom as I walked in my house.

"I'm working from home shhh" she shushed me as she answered a call.

I shrugged as I went to my room to change my clothes. I hate staying in school clothes when I come home it's so gross to me eurgh.

I went down to the kitchen where my mom was still on call. She's distracted, therefore, it's the perfect time for me to ask her about nayeon's sleepover.

"Mom" I whispered to which she frantically shushed me with her hand. "Can I sleepover at nayeon's tonight?" I asked. Obviously, wanting me to stop talking, she nodded as she continued pacing around talking to whatever poor soul was on the other side of the call.

"Sweet" I smiled to myself as I pulled out a snack from the fridge and microwaved it. I plopped down on the couch in the lounge and started going through different channels, eventually stopping on a cooking show.

"Y/n, I need to head out for a minute. Do you need anything?" My mom came up behind me and asked as I heard her keys dangle in her hands. "No thank you" I replied and dusted my hands before picking up my phone.

*ding*

Ryujin: r u free?

Me: depends

Ryujin: bruh...

Me: yes

Ryujin: can I come over I'm so bored

Me: yes

I will lock the door after letting her in this time. Though I doubt Momo would come over. The thought made me a little upset.

I sighed as I continued scrolling through my phone, waiting for ryujin cause I didn't have anything else to do.

-

"-you're such a cheater!" I gasped as ryujin put down a draw four card. "All those cards were out where did you get this from?!"

"Are you crazy? Focus!" Ryujin replied back as I reluctantly picked up four cards.

"I swear to god if I lose again-"

"Uno"

"Bye" I threw my cards on the table as ryujin fell back on the sofa with a sigh of relief. What the hell is she relieved for she's literally won the previous ten uno games we just played.

"You're literally cheating" I crossed my arms as I sat back.

"No baby you just suck" she moved her arms behind her head as she smiled cheekily at me. This girl. The audacity she has.

"Whatever" I grumbled.

"Now now no need to get all pouty" she moved to me and tried uncrossing my arms. When I refused she drew her hands back but then moved in to brush some of my hair behind my ear.

"Are you..sad or mad right now?" She asked as she stroked some of my hair

"Pissed" I replied, fighting the smile that wanted to crawl on my face because of ryujin's constant touch.

"You're hot when you're pissed" she smirked.

"Ughhhh" I groaned as I hid my face behind my hands, trying to hide the redness of my cheeks cause what the hell?

"Cute ass" Ryujin mumbled before sitting right next to me, our arms touching.

Her head was resting back as I moved mine like that too and we both turned to each other.

"Hi" she smiled at me

"Hi" I replied.

"Are you excited for the dance?" She asked

"Yeah. You?"

"Obviously"

We both gave a breathy smile as my phone rang. Picking it up I saw jeongyeon calling.

"Y/n where the hell are you we've all been waiting for you so we can head out to nayeon's" my eyes went wide as I looked at the time which said 6. Shit.
"Uh I'm on my way sorry" I closed the call as I jumped up.

"Need to get somewhere?" Ryujin asked

"Yeah" I rushed out as I ran to my room with ryujin following behind. "I'll drop you off" she shrugged coolly.

"You can?" I turned to her for a second. "Duh" she rolled her eyes.

I called jeongyeon to tell her to go without me cause I'll be a little late.

-

"Right here yes" I pointed at nayeon's house where ryujin stopped her car.

"If you need me to pick you up too whenever just gimme a call" Ryujin offered.

"Thanks" I smiled at her briefly as I quickly gave her a short kiss on the cheek and stepped out with my bag, "see ya" I waved at her as she waved back at me with a pink shade on her cheeks and a smile that didn't leave her face the whole card ride.

I was walking towards nayeon's door when I saw someone draw the curtains in the upstairs room. That was weird. I ignored it and went to ring the bell.

-

"I'm bored" I spoke out from besides chae on the sofa. We were all lazing around in nayeon's lounge on our phones.

"Me too" chae mumbled and placed her head on my shoulder.

"What do you wanna do?" Nayeon asked.

"Board games?" Mina suggested.

"Yea" Momo added

"Okay but what do we play?" I wondered

"I don't wanna play board games" chae pouted, "can we play hide and seek instead?"

"Yes!" I nodded and everyone else agreed too. Nayeon's house is pretty big too so hide and seek is always fun.

"Okay well you guys know the rules. My parents room is off limits but other than that you can hide wherever" nayeon reminded us all as we moved in to decide who's gonna seek.

-

I ran up the stairs as jeongyeon started counting. Frantically looking around at the different room doors I decided to hide somewhere downstairs and ran back down, bumping into nayeon on the way. "Move it asshat" she quickly pushed me aside as she ran into one of the rooms.

"15, 14, 13...." I could hear jeongyeon's voice from the kitchen as I caught a glimpse of chae crawling under a table. Where'd Mina and momo hide I wonder.

I quietly moved pass jeongyeon at the kitchen counter and snuck into the pantry, very carefully closing the door. This is perfect she would never think someone would be crazy enough to hide IN the kitchen. I wonder whe-

"Huh?!" I jumped back as I felt a hand on my back followed by 'shush's.

"Momo??" I whispered in the darkness.

"Y/n??" She whispered back

"Jesus you scared me" I held my heart as we heard jeongyeon announce she's coming.

Well, this is kinda awkward. Thank god it's dark. Momo and I didn't really talk when I reached nayeon's. In fact she didn't even look at me. I tried making eye contact so I could send her a smile or something but nothing. Now I'm in nayeon's small pantry with 5 feet worth of space in the dark with Momo.

I had my phone on me so I leaned against the door and went on it, trying to subtly bring some light so I could see Momo. She went on her phone too.

Momo and I, whenever it's just us, we had an unspoken rule where we don't touch our phones but neither one of us needed to be told that because together we always have something to talk about. This was so odd and the heavy feeling in my heart didn't go unnoticed. I wanted to talk but I didn't know what to say.

"Momo" I whispered

"Hm?" She replied

"This isn't the...best place or time but, can we talk about that day?" I straight up asked her. No point in beating around the bush.

"You're right, this isn't the best place. At all" she replied.

"Yeah but any other place you don't even look towards me. " I placed my hand on one of the shelves she was standing by as a way of blocking her or rather letting her know that she has no choice but to talk.

She sighed "I don't know what you want me to say"

"I want to know why you just left without saying anything and...why you were crying" I know why you were crying.

"I mean what am I supposed to say when I walk in on two people sucking each other's faces? Hi? How are you? I think leaving them alone is the right thing to do no y/n?" She replied

"You didn't answer the second part" I replied

"What?"

"Why were you crying?" I asked her softly, almost in a sympathetic way.

"I wasn't c-crying. You were probably mistaken" she stammered out.

I stared at her figure for a while "You know, it's been a while since I hugged you" I said before searching for her shoulders and pulling her into my arms. I held onto her tightly and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Hug me back please" I whispered, hoping her unmoving arms would wrap around me, and they did.

"I'm sorry" I spoke

"I'm sorry too" she replied

"For what?" There was no response and so I asked again, "for what Momo?". She sighed and held onto me tighter as a response. I reciprocated her action and now we were both tightly hugging each other in the dark.

I felt a heavy sadness in my heart. Hugging the person you...love and not having them feel the same way must...be so horrible. I don't know I wish..I wish things could've been different. I love Momo, more than anyone, truly, but I don't think it's romantically. I don't know I mean, I've always thought of her as my best friend only.

I pulled away instantly because holding her for another minute would be so selfish.

"So" she mumbled "are you and ryujin a thing now?"

"No" I replied, "just prom dates"

"You don't like her?" She asked

"I do" I answered honestly.

"oh"

"You like sana don't you?" I asked, suddenly remembering what she said.

"Uh y-yeah I do"

Liar. But why does she need to lie about that? Unless she, actually does.

"Okay. I didn't think the both of us would end up liking someone at the same time" I joked

"Yeah.."

"I wonder if jeongyeon found everyone" I changed the topic.

"She probably found nayeon first and then forgot all about the game" Momo replied as I stifled a laugh.

"Oh you're coming to the dance right?" I asked. "Uh yeah" she replied. I wonder what changed her mind.

"What convinced you?" I smiled shortly though she probably couldn't really see

"Sana did"

Oh.

"Ah. So are you going with her?"

"Yeah"

"Like dates?"

"How else?"

"Yeah. That's cool"

"Yeah"

I couldn't decide if I wanted to stay in here or get the hell out. Do I want to be found or do I wanna stay hidden with her?

The minute I thought this both our phones dinged. It was the group chat.

Jeongyeon: okay seriously, y/n and momo, where the hell are u 2???
Momo: why did u find everyone else?
Jeongyeon: yes bitch. Now come out.
Chae: the closet😛
Nayeon: girl
Y/n: wait no, try finding us in the next five minutes. If you don't, we...err
Momo: get to decide how the night unfolds 😈
Mina: jeongyeon if u don't find them I will literally kill u.

Momo and I silently giggled at each other.

"How the night unfolds huh, what have you planned?" I leaned back against the door.

"To order jokbal and have everyone pay for it"

"Ofcourse" I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't had some in so long I think I'm losing my mind" she whined

"Sucks to suck" I muttered before going on my phone.

-

"How is it that when those two hide here they aren't found for like two hours but when I do I'm the first one out?!" Chae grumbled as nayeon found her in the pantry during the 2nd game of hide and seek.

"Your hiding spot wasn't exactly...original" nayeon sassed.

"If you guys don't mind, can we get food?" Mina spoke out

"Yes! Im starving" Momo agreed

"Fine fine" nayeon picked up the house phone and sat down on one of the chairs in her lounge.

"I love you all I really do but I'm not ordering from ten different places so please decide on one place only" she said.

After much debate and borderline arguments we all decided on a restaurant that everyone was happy with. I know Momo wasn't cause they don't have jokbal but she didn't complain at all.

"Okay foods gonna be here in 40 minutes" we all thanked nayeon before starting to talk about the dance.

"We're all going on Monday night right?" I looked at everyone as they all nodded except Mina.

"Minaaa" Jeongyeon whined "come on dude"

"Forget it. It's no use" chae muttered with a slight pout.

I looked at mina who was staring at chaeyoung when she suddenly said "well, I don't have a date"

"You don't NEED one though" Momo said

"Yeah but what's the point then" mina shrugged as I saw chae's eyes widen.

"You can go with me!" Chaeyoung suggested happily as nayeon added on how that was a sensible idea.

"But-" "okay" Jeongyeon was cut mid sentence by mina who...agreed.

"Wow okay so now we're all going right?" I asked again and this time everyone nodded. "Perfect! I cant wait for all the pictures we're gonna take" I beamed excitedly as nayeon agreed with me.

We all continued talking about the dance and other random things as time passed by till our food came.

"I'll get it" I got up to answer the door. I handed the guy money nayeon gave to me and brought almost all the food.

"Here we go" I placed it on the table while nayeon and momo got up to get plates and cups.

The bell rung again.

"Huh who can it be?" Nayeon started walking towards the door when I stopped her and went myself. I know who it is.

"Yes" "thank you" "have a nice night" I brought the bag with me and locked the door behind as I walked into the lounge where everyone had started taking out their food.

"Who was it?" Nayeon asked from the sofa as I waved my hand and told her the delivery guy came back cause he forgot something. Having said that I went and plopped down next to Momo who was waiting for chae to finish taking the food so she could fill her plate. I nudged her twice till she turned to me and raised her eyebrows.

"Are you in the mood for jokbal?" I asked and she gasped and nodded solemnly.

"Oh that's good" I handed her the bag that she looked at at with a confused face but quickly that confusion turned into another gasp as a smile spread across her face. "Jokbal!"

"You're welcome. Now eat" I ruffled her hair as I picked up a plate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 161 14
I made this for my friend who requested this and my warning is that is a G!P fanfic so please be careful reading this and it's my first time writing...
180K 6K 49
This story is about six college student; Chou Tzuyu, Minatozaki Sana, Yoo Jeongyeon, Im Nayeon, Son Chaeyoung, and Myoui Mina. Six of them struggles...
86K 3.4K 34
^*-EDITING-*^ Y/N used to be smart happy outgoing kid, But after one incident Y/N became cold to everyone. All of Y/N's happiness disappeared,she gai...
9.7K 472 13
Another fanfic on MiTzu! So it's really a date to her when we went out alone the first time. She probably thought this is a date too but got ruined b...