Fear of Intimacy

By OutOfMyLimit17

{BOOK 2 OF THE 'FALLING SERIES'} Tasha Davis wants the type of love her best friend has. The all consuming... More

A/N
Chapter 1.....
Chapter 2....
Chapter 3....
Chapter 4....
Chapter 5....
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7....
Chapter 8....
Chapter 9.....
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14....
Chapter 15....
Chapter 16....
Chapter 18....
Chapter 19....
Chapter 20....
Chapter 21....
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
Chapter 26...
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28....
Chapter 29...
Chapter 30....
Chapter 31....
Chapter 32....
Chapter 33....
Chapter 34....
Chapter 35....
A/N
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Playlist

Chapter 17....

18.9K 744 186
By OutOfMyLimit17

*I did a double update so if you are seeing this go back to Chapter 16!*

Tasha

For the second time in a row I was woken up by my phone ringing. Letting it ring I rolled over, burrowing deeper in my bed. There was no way I'm getting up, not when it feels like I just fell asleep. When it stopped ringing I hummed, starting to fall back asleep, only for it to start ringing again.

Nope. Not answering.

Wasn't until the ringing started for the third time did I groan, rolling over and grabbing my phone from my nightstand. Whoever it was better have a good reason.

"What." My voice came out harsh.

"Is that how you speak to your mother?" The voice on the other end of the line making my heart stop. I was not expecting my mother to be the one calling me.

"Sorry." I cleared my throat and started again. "Good morning mother." She just hmm.

"I've been trying to reach you the last few days." My eyes were still closed as I responded

"I told you I was going on vacation with some friends." Of course she didn't remember that part. Too busy only talking about her and my fathers gala.

"Anyways,"Immediately glossing over what I just said. "Your father and I have been talking and it's time." At her words my eyes snapped open and I sat up.

"Time for what?" I did not like the tone she had. Nothing was ever good when my mother used that tone.

"We've let you keep that silly job of yours and do what you've wanted but now the firm needs you." My mother said, her voice calm and firm. "There is going to be a merger between our company and Chaplin Brown, but in order for that to happen-Chaplin wants his son to be married...to you."

It took a minute for my mothers words to sink in. Married. Son. Me.

"Did you just say that in order for the companies to merge I have to marry someone's son?"

"Yes. Now they are going to be at the gala in three weeks so the two of you can meet before we announce the engagement. I..." My mother kept talking but I was long gone.

My parents wanted me to marry some stranger so they can merger their company with someone else? There's no way they actually agreed to this.

"Did you already agree?" I interrupted my mother mid-sentence. Please tell me no.

"Of course." Red hot anger grew in my throat.

"You agreed without even asking me."

"It's not a big deal-"

"Not a big deal?" The voice that came out was one I've never used on my mother before but I was fuming. "This is my life mother, not yours to throw around."

"Tasha Nichole Davis you will not speak to your mother like that."

"I am not doing it."

"Yes, you are."

"I am 25 mother and capable of making my own decisions. That also includes who I am going to marry. And I am not going to marry some stranger to benefit your company." I made sure to put emphasis on 'your' because it wasn't my company. I wanted nothing to do with it. Never have.

"Tasha-"

"I am your daughter! Not some pawn for you and dad to use whenever you please." My whole body was shaking with how angry I was.

I was hurt. Beyond hurt at how easily my parents agreed to some deal without even telling me. They once again used me for their own gain. This wasn't the first time yet this one hurt the most. 

"I-" I once again cut her off.

"The answer is no." With that I hung up before she could say anything else. My phone fell to my bed as I sat there breathing heavy.

My parents wanted to marry me off. They are practically selling me as if I'm a piece of property and not their daughter. They are willing to sacrifice my life, my feelings, my chance of falling in love so they could get more money. I knew my parents were ruthless but not this much.

Trevor's face flashed through my mind. Doing what my parents wanted would mean I'd have to give up Trevor. He wasn't even mine but the thought felt like someone reached into my chest and tore my heart out. I would lose him before I even had him.

Gasping for air I shook my head. No. I wasn't going to allow that.

I'm not letting my parents dictate my life. Especially who I can be with. Not when the person I want is right in front of me and all I have to do is reach out. To hell with my parents. To hell with everyone.

I was up and out of my bed in a matter of seconds. Throwing on a pair of shorts I grabbed my phone and shoes, not even bothering to brush my hair or even change out of my sleeping shirt. Snatching my keys I all but ran down the stairs and outside to my car. I barely felt the splatter of rain as I ran across the parking lot.

I felt nothing as I pulled out and headed in the direction of the only person I wanted to see right now. The only person who mattered.

The ride over passed by in a blur and before I knew it I was shutting my car off and walking up the front steps of a cute little house. I was drenched from the pouring rain but I didn't care as I rang the doorbell. Didn't care that I literally rolled out of bed and probably looked like a drowned rat right now.

I rang the doorbell again, blinking away the water running down my face. It didn't clue in that it was still early until a very drowsy, very ruffled Trevor answered the door. It took him a second to register that I was in front of him.

"Tasha?"

"I..." I was breathing heavy as if I ran all the way here.

"Are you okay?" Trevor looked more awake as he opened the door further, his bare chest coming into view. I shook my head at his question.

I wasn't okay. Nothing was okay right now.

"My parents want to marry me off to some stranger." The words flew from my mouth. It was the first time hearing the words out loud and it sounded even crazier.

"What?" Trevor took a step towards me.

"I said no." I shook my head, water flying around me. My body was shaking but I wasn't sure if it was from the rain, the adrenaline, or what I was about to say.

"I told her no because I'm tired of them trying to dictate my life. Tired of letting stupid things stand in the way of what I want."

Trevor stood there in his doorway staring at me, as I stood in front of his apartment soaked to the bone, talking a million miles an hour.

"But I realized when I hung up the phone that I was letting my fear of getting hurt stand in the way of what I truly want."

"What do you want Tasha?" Trevor's voice was soft but I heard it as if he was standing right next to me.

"I want you."

"Me?" He stepped forward. I nodded, feeling like my heart was in my throat. I couldn't read his face to know if I said the right thing or if I was about to have my heart stomped on.

"Are you sure?" Trevor asked, taking one more step outside, the rain now hitting his bare chest.

"Yes." My heart was pounding so hard in my chest right now.

The longer Trevor looked at me the less confident I became. I probably made a huge mistake coming here. After pushing him away from so many times it would make sense if he was done. I started to take a step back when Trevor spoke again. What looked like determination on his face.

"Good, because I've wanted to do this again since that night six months ago." Without another word he covered the distance between us. Grabbed my cheeks and planted his lips on mine.

The moment our lips met everything around me went silent. The anger burning in my throat died out and all I could focus on was the feel of Trevor's lips against mine.

My hands slid up his slick chest as he tilted my head back to get a better angle. When his tongue gently traced the seam of my lips, asking permission, I couldn't contain the moan building in my throat.

Fuck, he could kiss. The last time I freaked out and left before I could truly appreciate it. But not this time. No, there would be no leaving.

Pulling back to get some air I kept my eyes closed, my entire body tingling. I gripped Trevor's biceps to keep my grounded. The swipe of his thumb on my cheeks made my eyes slowly opened.

Trevor gazed down at me with a soft look on his face. His hair stuck to his forehead thanks to the rain. My eyes tracked a trail of water running down his jaw, my lips practically begging to follow after it.

"Let's get you dried off." I nodded not trusting my voice right now.

Stepping into his apartment I awkwardly stood on the mat right by the door. Aside from the fact I was dripping water everywhere, this was the first time I've ever been inside his place.

"Coming?"

"Uh..." I glanced down at my soaking wet clothes getting his rug all wet.

"It's just water sunshine. I can clean it up later." The soft smile he sent me almost made me melt into a puddle of goo. Slipping off my shoes I gently placed my hand in his.

I wanted to look around at the place but all I could focus on was his back. The muscles moving with each step he took. My eyes trailing down to the waistband of the sweats he was wearing. They barely hung on his hips. I mentally scolded myself for not paying more attention when he was facing me a moment ago.

Walking into his room my eyes immediately went to the bed. Swallowing thickly I stood in the middle of Trevor's room, my mind trying to play catch up.

"You can wear these." Looking away from the bed to the clothes in Trevor's hands. It was suddenly really sinking in that I was here at Trevor's place. "Hey." Trevor's voice was soft as he stepped towards me, stopping when his chest was inches from mine. His hand came up and gently grabbed my chin, tilting my head back to look up at him.

"Nothing is going to happen if you don't want it too." His eyes looked back and forth between mine. "And as much as I want to throw you on the bed and continue what we started outside," those eyes darkening slightly. "we both are exhausted. So go get dried off and changed. I'll be here when you get back."

How is it that he knows exactly what to say? Despite wanting to also continue what we started a moment ago, exhaustion was pushing down on me. A look at Trevor's face I knew he was just as tired as I was.

"Okay." I replied softly. Sleep and then we can talk about....us.

"Take as long as you need." Before I could reply he bent down and pecked my lips. The corner of his mouth tilted up as he shrugged. The whole thing was so boyish and cute I couldn't stop the grin spreading across my face.

Taking the clothes from Trevor I slipped past him to the bathroom. I dared a peek over my shoulder and found him bending over to pick up stuff on the ground. Shutting the door behind me I saw my reflection in the mirror. While I was soaking wet and my hair sticking to my face, the smile on my face caught my attention the most.

Despite everything that's happened this morning I looked...happy. My hand came up to touch my lips. They were still tingling from the kiss in the rain. A kiss that I would not be forgetting about any time soon.

Not wanting to keep Trevor waiting I quickly peeled off my wet clothes, taking a moment to debate on keeping my wet underwear on or not. Even though it would be a little weird I slid them off. I had no barriers underneath the giant t-shirt Trevor gave me and the boxers. While the boxers were a bit big they were surprisingly comfortable.

In the confine bathroom where no one could see me, I brought the shirt up and sniffed it. It smelled just like Trevor it was almost intoxicating. The front of the shirt had the Toronto Knights logo making me grin. Yeah, I was not giving this back any time soon.

Using his brush, a huge no usually but there was no other option, I quickly brushed my hair and put it back into a bun. I sighed at my reflection. The shirt hung down to my knees, covering the boxers completely. I looked like a little kid putting on her parents clothes.

Gathering my wet clothes in my arms, underwear hidden between the two, I slowly opened the bathroom door and peeked out. Just as I slipped out Trevor walked through the doorway holding two glasses of water. I smiled at the gesture.

"Make yourself comfortable while I go put those in the dryer." With now empty hands Trevor reached to grab my wet clothes but I shook my head.

"It's okay. You don't have to."

"I don't mind, really." With a gentle smile he grabbed my clothes and left me alone in his room.

My inner snoop couldn't handle it anymore. I wasted no time in walking around his room slowly, taking it all in. I shouldn't have been too surprised at how....bland it was. He had a few nightstands on the sides of his bed, along with one lamp. He had a giant tv hooked to the wall right in front of the bed. Below it what looked like a chest that was filled with movies and some gaming system.

The only thing note worthy was the few pictures he had scattered around. Leaning down my lips twitched at the photos. All of them were of Trevor with one of the guys or all of them. One looked like it was from maybe six years ago.

It was Trevor and Wyatt. The two looked like they just barely graduated high school. I noted that Trevor was attractive younger. Definitely the type you'd have a secret crush on along with everyone in your entire school. But now there was something more...rugged about him. Obviously he was more muscular now than in the picture, and had tattoos.

The next picture was him, Wyatt and Bryton. They stood with their arms around each other, still clad in their hockey uniforms, grins so wide. Trevor and Wyatt looked a bit older in this one.

"We took that picture right after we won our first Cup Championship." 

Trevor appeared behind me. I didn't even try to hide that I was snooping. There were similar ones but all of the guys, no one else. Interesting.

"You can take the bed. I'll be out on the couch if you need anything." While it was thoughtful that wasn't what I wanted.

"No." Walking over to the bed I sat down, swinging my legs over.

"No?" He watched me get comfortable in his bed, eyebrow raised.

"No. Get in here." I patted the spot next to me. While we may not be doing what either of us were probably wanting, this was the next best thing. I wanted...needed to be close to him right now. Just so I can know that I'm not dreaming.

"Tasha I-"

"I want you to." He still had a skeptical look on his face. "Please." He relented making me grin.

As I pulled his comforter up I couldn't take my eyes off of him as he rounded the sound of the bed and slid in. Even though the sun was up, his room was pleasantly darker so us falling asleep wouldn't be too hard.

"Sorry for just dropping by." I whispered a few minutes later as the two of us laid on our backs.

"You never have to be sorry."

Three more minutes passed before I opened my mouth again.

"Thank you for the clothes and drying mine."

"Tasha." Trevor chuckled.

"Yeah?"

"Go to sleep."

"But I-" I didn't get the words out before I was pulled towards him, my body practically landing on top of his.

"Shhh. Sleep." A heavy arm settled around my waist, keeping me in place against his side. I laid stiff against him as I inwardly freaked out. I tried my hardest not to think about the hard muscle under my right hand that was placed on his bare chest. "Relax." Trevor whispered, his hand softly squeezing my side.

Taking a few deep breathes I forced myself to relax in his hold. Mixed with the warmth radiating off of his body and the protective way he was holding me, I soon found myself nodding off. My exhaustion finally catching up with me. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * ** **  

Anyone else want to slap Tasha's parents? Hate them with a passionnnnnn. But I can't be too mad because Trevor and Tasha are gonna get together!! The next chapter is gonna be....let's just say two hands on the phone people *wink* *wink*

Seriously though the sexual tension between Tasha and Trevor is out of this world. More so than Josie and Wyatt! 

This is a double update because the last chapter was shorter and I felt like you guys deserved a longer one this week. You guys have been so patient with me as I update each week. I cannot thank you enough for that. 

So I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I cannot WAIT for the next one!! See you all soon!!

VOTE, COMMENT

<3 <3 <3 <3

-Ken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 49.4K 43
Eighteen-year-old Nat falls for five different boys during her first month at college, but never openly admits her crushes - until one night she drun...
Given Time By K.Ward

Teen Fiction

2.9M 67.7K 55
As kids, Leah and Tanner hated each other. To this day, they still do. Tanner Cole is tall, dark, tattooed, and insanely attractive, though his ugly...
175K 7.4K 60
**This is an MMF love story** Sex and relationships don't interest Gemma--until she gives Tre a chance. One date with him makes her rethinking everyt...
233K 10.1K 38
{BOOK 3 OF THE 'FALLING SERIES} Lydia Ellis has been burned enough times her in life that she no longer believes in love. Why give your heart to some...