Love and Other Delusions | Ch...

Anneti-social tarafından

Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli... Daha Fazla

Return to Liyue
Cold in Snezhnaya
A wave of Goodbyes
A short trip to Mondstadt
A song of chance
Return of the Hero
Hide and Seek
The Hunter
The Rebel
Waverider
On the shores of Narukami
The Witch, the Fox and the Puppet
Retracting Waters
Tidal Wave
Celestial Voyager
Momiji Dyed Battle
What Now Remains
Distant Crackling
Tide Withholder
Vortex of Turmoil
Fickle Cloudstrike
Havoc: Annihilation
Teapot to Call Home
The Puppet's Strings
Irodori Festival
Rustles from afar
The Puppet's Eyes
Bottoms Up
Strings
The Masterplan
Morepesok
Welcome Wagon
Empty Seat
Finale

Havoc: Formless Blade

1.5K 50 41
Anneti-social tarafından

"Can we stay like this a little longer?" Childe asked. Instead of saying anything, Lumine simply embraced him.

"I missed you." He whispered, his breath on her neck sending shivers down her spine. "I still do. I still can't believe this is all real." He held her tightly.

Lumine pulled away from him and cupped his cheeks. "I missed you too." She said. "While I was in my deep sleep, I could vaguely make out voices. I kept hearing you. Out of all those voices, it was yours that I hear the most." She said.

"Weird now that I think about it. I would've expected it to be Paimon since she's very much a chatterbox." Lumine laughed. "But it was nice hearing you talking to me. When you did, it felt like I was part of a conversation. You have no idea how much I wanted to reply to you then."

"You heard?" Childe's eyebrows furrowed.

"Not much, but somehow it made me feel like I was updated still." Lumine said.

"I see." Childe said. Then there was a short silence. For a brief moment, Childe closed his eyes.

"Lumine..." He called her name. Lumine hummed in response. "I love you." He said.

Lumine's cheeks flushed. "I thought we were done with this segment. If you keep saying that I'm just gonna end up thinking you're joking." She said.

Childe laughed. "Sorry, I couldn't help it." He finally pulled away from the hug. He then cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead. "That's just how I feel."

"Alright alright. I love you too. We should really be sleeping right now, don't you have training tomorrow?" Lumine crossed her arms.

"Do I? I forget." Childe joked. Lumine just gave him a look. "I'm kidding. Alright, let's sleep." He pulled her for another hug and plopped down the bed.

"Ajax..." Lumine took a deep breath before facing him.

"What? I'm sleeping." He said coyly, his eyes closed.

"Let go mister. I need to head to my room." Lumine tried to get Childe's arm off her waist.

"No." He said, pulling her closer. He then opened one of his eyes and smirked. "Besides, isn't this how lovers sleep?" He said with a cheeky grin.

This of course recieved another look from Lumine. Instead of waiting for her reply though, he closed both his eyes once more.

Lumine rolled her eyes at his behavior. Childe's smile never left his face, grinning widely even though he had his eyes closed.

Since there was no signs of Childe actually letting her go, Lumine just took it as time to reflect what was happening.

"Lovers huh?" She muttered to herself.

"Hmm?" Childe hummed, just as he was about to open his eyes he felt delicate arms wrapping around his waist. The moment his eyes opened, all he could see was Lumine burying her face on his chest.

"Just this once." She said.

Childe's surprised face turned to a gentle smile. A more genuine one than the smirks he's used to giving.

He kissed her hair and said goodnight. And after that, he had the best night's sleep he ever had his entire life.

***

"Good morning sunshine." Childe stretched his arms.

The light was partially blinding him, the sun is definitely up. It was way past noon, the longest sleep he's had in a while.

He yawned and sat up from the bed, stretching once more.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He turned to his side. There was no one there. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Just how late is it in the afternoon?" He thought to himself.

Suddenly he felt something in the pit of his stomach. Doubt comes in.

He laughed nervously. "Last night really happened... right?" He asked himself. Hearing it from himself made him nervous. "Surely, I didn't make it all up to make myself cope right?"

He jumped out the bed and ran downstairs. On his way down he heard his name being called out, temporarily snapping him out of his state of panic.

Then there she was, the traveler with her blonde locks and striking golden eyes, standing on the steps of the stairs.

"Looks like you got all energized running down like that." She laughed.

A gush of relief washed over Childe as he registered it was really her. She's really there. "It wasn't a dream." He rushed to her with a hug.

Lumine laughed. "You're still on about that? What is with you and dreams" She asked.

"Nothing. Just checking." He said. He then proceeded to pinch Lumine's cheek. "Yep, real."

Lumine glared at him. "You're supposed to pinch yourself to check if you're dreaming, not pinch me genius." She slapped his hand away.

"I know." He grinned widely. "You're just too cute." He made pinching gestures with his fingers which made Lumine cross her arms and give him a look.

Childe laughed. "Anyway, what time is it? I'm starving." He change the subject as he proceeded to walk down the stairs.

It was only then when he realized Lumine could've easily pushed him off earlier and he would've rolled his way down if he pissed her off too much. But then again Lumine is not that cruel.

"It's already lunch time." Lumine said, interrupting his train of thought. "Sorry for not waking you up earlier, you looked like you needed the sleep." She added.

"That I did. I'm well rested now." Childe began flexing.

"I bet you are, you were even snoring in your sleep." Lumine snickered.

"I don't snore." Childe furrowed his eyebrows. Lumine didn't say anything, she just looked at him. "I don't, right?" He asked nervously.

This earned a hearty laugh from Lumine as she headed to the door. "Relax I was kidding."

"Alright little miss prankster." He sprinted to her and gave her a hug from behind making her squeal a little.

"Ajax!" She yelped as she was lifted to the air briefly.

Childe laughed, set her down and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Alright enough games. What's for lunch?"

The traveler, who was red as a tomato, stood there speechless for a moment. "You have to stop doing that." She cupped the cheek she was kissed on.

"What? Why? Do you dislike it?" Childe asked.

"I... no? But that doesn't mean-"

"Then I don't see the problem here." Childe said coyly. "You'll get used to it my love."

"My- no no no, don't call me that. It sounds really corny." Lumine shook her head.

"What? I think it's adorable my love." Childe teased.

Lumine shook her head again. "I'd rather be called the other nickname you gave me." She said.

"Girlie?" Childe looked at her confused.

"No. The other other nickname. Why would I- you know what never mind." Lumine looked away and began to walk outside. "Lunch is ready at the Kamisato Estate. Let's go."

"I was just kidding. I know the nickname Princess." He ran after her. "But I know a better one though."

Lumine looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Starlight." He smiled at her.

Lumine looked at him intently. Childe stayed smiling at her as they both positioned themselves to exit the realm.

"You thought about this for a long time didn't you?" Lumine asked.

"Yeah, I had a lot of time to kill." Childe shrugged.

"Yeah? I like that. Starlight." Lumine said with a nod.

"Then it's settled. I'll call you my Starlight."

***

Paimon could sense there was something off between the two.  Specifically how Childe was extra clingy to the traveler and how Lumine would in turn act embarrassed about it.

"I missed something didn't I?" Paimon stared at the two.

"Oh, she didn't tell you? We're dating." Childe said with a huge grin.

"What?" Paimon instantly reacted.

Thoma and Ayaka looked at Paimon with a confused face. "Was this a recent news to you?" Ayaka asked.

"What? You knew?" Paimon looked at Ayaka wide-eyed. "Did Lumine tell you before she told me?" Paimon then turned to Lumine who was shaking her head.

"Were they not dating before?" Ayaka looked at them with confusion.

"What? No! We just recently did!" Lumine clarified, her face getting redder by the minute.

"Oh, then congratulations to the both of you." She clasped her hands together with a smile. "Shall we have a celebration for the union-"

"My lady, it's not marriage yet calm down." Thoma put a hand on Ayaka's shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was getting ahead of myself." Ayaka said, laughing as she gave a teasing look to Lumine.

"T-this nikujaga is really tasty isn't it." Lumine tried to change the subject.

"Forget the nikujaga! When did this happen?!" Paimon crossed her arms. "I can't believe that I leave you two together for a night and I miss that happening! Paimon should've been the first witness! Hmp!"

"Yeah but-"

Paimon cut Lumine off with a gasp. "Don't tell me you two already did more than ask eat other out! What else happened huh?!"

Lumine was red all to her ears while Childe was just a grinning fool. "Nothing! Nothing else I swear!" Lumine said.

"Yeah we just kiss-"

"Nothing else happened." Lumine covered Childe's mouth.

This earned a chuckle from Ayaka. Seeing her friend act like that was new to her and it was like seeing in person what she read in books. "Cute." She said out loud.

"My lady..." Thoma looked at her.

Ayaka also blushed. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say it out loud." She laughed. "Anyway, yes the nikujaga is indeed tasty."

***

"Care to join me on the training my starlight?" Childe asked as he readied his gear.

"No thank you, I think I'll rest a little more here." Lumine declined.

"Well you don't really have to do much but watch us but yeah you should rest more. Regain all the strength you need." Childe said nodding. "Afterall, you'll need strength even when cheering me on."

Lumine crossed her arms. "Are you taking me off as a mere cheerleader? Did you already forget I beat you before?" She said.

"No. But I'm just saying you can't go to the frontlines. Yet." Childe clarified. "So you need to rest first."

"Uh-huh." Lumine said with a doubtful look. "I'll beat your ass up again if you'll categorize me as a support."

"Ooh scary~ I'll look forward to it." Childe said in a mocking tone.

Lumine rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Whatever just goooo." She pushed Childe off who was simply laughing.

"Alright alright." He said as he walked to the direction he was being pushed off to. "But, before I go-" he paused.

"What?" Lumine raised an eyebrow. Without saying a word, Childe leaned in and kissed her on the cheek.

"See you later starlight. Get better soon!" He waved goodbye and ran off before even looking at Lumine's reaction.

"I'm-!" Lumine groaned. "Whatever." She huffed.

She then heard a quiet giggle from behind her, making her turn around.

"Ayaka! How long have you been there?" Lumine asked.

Ayaka shifted her eyes to her left, slowly looking upwards, like she was eyeing the place. "Hmmm, long enough?" Ayaka said as she walked towards Lumine.

"O-oh, then I... you see Ajax-"

Ayaka laughed. "Don't worry, I won't tease you." She said making Lumine sigh in relief. "Much." Ayaka added before laughing again.

"Please don't." Lumine said.

"I think it's cute, you and Ajax. It's like seeing a romance novel come to life." Ayaka said.

"It's not - I'm not - I - romance novel is a bit..." Lumine stumbled on her words.

"Oh and you're like the heroine!" Ayaka said, clasping her hands together excitedly. "Ajax is your male lead who is deeply in love with you. And it's an action adventure romance and both of you are great fighters. This really is like a novel. When is the date coming? Perhaps in a festival here? Oh that would be lovely."

"Ayaka... you've been reading too much novels." Lumine put a hand on Ayaka's shoulder.

Ayaka laughed. "Perhaps. But think about it; a stroll on Inazuma city while it's illuminated with lanterns, fireworks from Naganohara coloring the night sky, and at the end, you both kiss-"

"What novel are you taking inspiration from exactly?" Lumine cut her off. She was already bright red from imagining the things Ayaka was talking about.

"Oh, it's a novel from one of my mother's collection. I forgot which one it was though." Ayaka said.

"I see, so your mother was a fan of novels too." Lumine said.

"Yes, she had a bookshelf's worth of it." Ayaka said proudly.

"Sounds wonderful." Is the only thing Lumine could say, she's a fan of books but not certainly not that much. Adventuring is a job that is time consuming, such hobbies would require a job that doesn't involve much physical work and fighting. Less fighting would definitely help give her more time to focus on a book.

In her free time when travelling, picking up a book wouldn't hurt when all she has to do is sit and wait to arrive on her destination. It was like that when she was on the Alcor on the way to Inazuma, getting by the sea by reading a book. Some sailors even commended her for not feeling seasick while doing so.

But in her case, that was probably the most time she had getting her nose stuck in a book. Most times she travels by foot after all. And when travelling like that, it's always best to keep yourself on guard.

"If you want I can show it to you some time." Ayaka suggested.

Lumine paused to think. "I guess I do have plenty of time for now. Beats just sitting here doing nothing."

"Indeed, shall we go right now?" Ayaka asked.

"Yeah, sure." Lumine nodded.

***

"Captain, you  seem like you're raring to go today. Something good happen lately?" A soldier asked.

Childe smiled. "Guess you can say that." He said cheekily.

The soldiers began to pry on him, curious as to why their Captain's eyes seem brighter than usual. "Perhaps an inspiration struck him?" One asked.

"Is that inspiration something? or someone?" They all looked at him intently.

Childe laughed. "Is that even important right now? Guys focus, we're doing one-on-one combat today you know." He said. They all groaned in disappointment.

"Alright, line-up. Who's ready to take me on." Childe asked.

"Seems unfair that we aren't as motivated as you Captain." One said.

"Then guess you have to find your own special someone to motivate you." Childe smirked.

"So it is a someone!" A yell from behind. And then comes the questions of  who it was being bombarded towards him.

"Haha, if you want me to spill then better beat me to a spar." Childe said confidently. They all began to complain, saying there's no way to beat him. "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you. After the one-on-one spar, I'll allow all of you to come at me all at once." He said.

"Now now Captain, don't you want to test our individual strengths first before you suggest all of us come at you at once?" A brave soldier stepped forward.

Childe gave him a confident smirk. "Just what I wanted to hear." He readied his weapon. "Alright then, let the one-on-one spar begin."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

10.5K 338 29
Genshin Impact Café AU Childe X Fem Reader Young Y/N L/N, born to a wealthy and well known family within the Tokyo district of Japan, moving to Kyoto...
40.2K 848 19
Lumine and Childe have been Genshin High's best couple ever since they started dating all the back in 5th Grade. Others may say that they don't reall...
12.4K 260 24
⭐COMPLETED⭐ Lumine finally accepts that she is in love with Xiao. She will do whatever it takes to save him, even going as far as to sign a contract...
13K 275 29
NOTE: Its ChiLumi despite the cover. Sequel of "I Don't Love Him" by me. Its been five years since that incident, and Lumine's feeling the loss even...