Rise of Kings and Queens

By lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 28

10 4 11
By lobo1989

MEXICO TAKES A HARD STANCE AGAINST DEPENDENCY.

By L.M.Taurus

4/22/0028 UWC

14 hours before headline

"I seriously don't like this," said Arlo as he and Irma watched Delfina's men assemble at their estate. "There's a million things I would rather be doing than this."

"Stop it," said Irma. "This isn't that bad."

"Really? Because this feels like torture to me. Where are they going anyways?"

"I don't know but here she comes," said Irma as they watched Delfina and Andres heading towards a howler with Aracely escorting them. "I'll ride with them. You follow."

"She's not going to like that."

"I know," said Irma with a smile as she followed Delfina to her howler.

Delfina sat in the back of the howler and Andres was about to sit next to her until Irma stopped him.

"Mind sitting in the front," said Irma. "I want to sit next to your wife." She didn't wait for him to answer as she got inside the howler.

"Alright then," said Andres as he went to sit in the passenger's seat.

Aracely took the driver's seat.

"So where are we going?" asked Irma.

Delfina scoffed and turned away from Irma. "Don't you have anything better to do than follow me around all day."

"Not at all," said Irma with a big smile on her face. "You are my biggest priority. An attempt was made on your life. I'll be by your side until the people behind the attack are brought to justice."

"Wonderful," said Delfina, sarcastically.

"So again, where are we heading?"

"Ma'am," said Aracely. "What do you want me to do?"

"Just drive," answered Delfina. "She'll see when we get there."

"Yes ma'am," said Aracely as she drove off.

"Really," said Irma with a friendly voice, even though she was holding onto a dagger under her cloak. "Not going to tell me where we're going? You know that makes it a bit difficult to protect you."

"Not really counting on your protection," said Delfina, her sight out the window and to the street. "Aracely is sufficient enough for the job. Plus, you world military leaders can barely protect yourselves. Three of you have been put in the hospital now."

"That might be true, but the people who put them there aren't long for this world," said Irma. "Especially the one who put Kara in the hospital," she threatened.

"I'm sure your enemies must be terrified," said Delfina, no concern in her voice at all.

Irma noticed something weird under Delfina's sleeve. She looked up front and noticed Andres also had the same thing under his cloak. Irma gripped her dagger tighter as Aracely pulled in front of a laundromat.

"We're here," said Aracely.

"Where is here?" asked Irma.

Everyone got out of the vehicle and looked towards the laundromat. Irma noted all of the howlers on site. All of Delfina's royal guards were there on top of the police. Arlo was there too but towards the back.

"What's going on here?" asked Irma.

"This place is a front for Dependency," answered Delfina. "We're here to bring them to justice." She signaled for her men to go in.

A good portion of the force went inside while Arlo joined Irma and Delfina.

"What's this?" asked Arlo.

"Dependency is supposedly here," answered Irma. "How did you get that intel?" she asked Delfina.

"The place's original owner gave us the tip," answered Aracely.

"And you confirmed it?" asked Irma as they heard cannon fire come from inside.

"Yup," answered Aracely.

"I'm going in," said Irma. She pointed at Arlo then at the Delfina. "You watch her."

"Shouldn't I back you up?" yelled Arlo but Irma ran off.

"Aracely," said Delfina. "Back the princess up."

"Yes ma'am," said Aracely as she unsheathed her sword and followed Irma inside.

Inside the building, Irma saw the police and the royal guards had subdued most of Dependency. There were some policemen down, showing that they put up a fight. Another cannon blast went off and Irma went deeper inside the building. She found a hole that led to the back of the building and two more officers down. Aracely joined Irma.

"You should have informed the world military," Irma said to Aracely. "The police are ill equipped for this."

"Delfina's orders," said Aracely. "Mexican issues should be solved by Mexicans."

"And now these officers are dead."

Another blast went off outside.

"Not the time to debate this, princess," said Aracely.

"Then let's move," said Irma as she went outside, followed by Aracely.

Outside they found an Agent of Dependency keeping the police at bay with his arm-cannon.

"That's enough," yelled Irma, getting the Agent's attention. "Surrender. You are surrounded and there's no place to go. You don't have to die here."

The Agent of Dependency aimed his arm-cannon at Irma and a police officer tried to rush him. The Agent turned the cannon on the officer and he stopped.

"Stop," yelled Irma. "Everyone, back away from him." The officers backed away but kept him locked in a circle. "We got this," she whispered to Aracely. Irma took a couple of steps towards the Agent.

"You take lead," said Aracely as she followed.

"No one else has to die here," Irma said to the Agent. "Just put your weapons down."

"I'm not surrendering," said the Agent as he aimed his arm-cannon at Irma.

Irma noted how nervous the Agent was, his arm-cannon trembling. Irma held her dagger under her cloak. She watched the Agent's arm-cannon carefully and with one quick motion, she launched the dagger towards his cannon.

The Agent of Dependency fired his cannon but it was too late. The dagger was too close and the blast went off in front of him. He fell back and before he could recover, Irma was on top of him with another dagger up to his neck.

"Do you surrender now?" she said.

"Yes, yes," he whined, his arm-cannon heavily damaged.

The police took all of Dependency's men into custody. The Agent's cannon arm was removed and he was put into a police howler. Irma was with Arlo, Delfina, Andres and Aracely as medics were brought in for the injured.

"Good job finding these people," Irma said to Aracely. "With that Agent of Dependency in custody now, we might be able to find out more about their actual leaders."

Irma hadn't noticed Delfina sneaked off until she heard a commotion by the howler where the Agent was being kept. They rushed to them and found Delfina, wearing a weird type of armor, and the Agent on the floor dead.

"What happened here?" asked Irma, looking at the bloody blade Delfina had on her hand.

"I defended myself," said Delfina.

"From a man in custody?"

Delfina kicked the Agent on the side, revealing a knife under him. "He tried to stab me."

"Why were you talking to him in the first place? And what's with that armor."

Reporters began to show up and Delfina grabbed the Agent's bloody mask. "I was telling him he had some nerve coming to my country," said Delfina. "And the armor is to protect myself."

Andres took off his cloak revealing he was also wearing armor. "Mexico has to protect itself."

"I was supposed to question him," said Irma. "He could have led us to the rest of his men."

"Maybe next time you catch one of them by yourself and then you can question him all you want," said Delfina. She took the bloody mask and went to the reporters. "Take this as a message," she told them as she held up the bloody Agent of Dependency mask. "If Dependency steps on Mexican land, they will be stomped out like the roaches they are."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741 167 45
In the near future, humans have colonized Mars, joined pirates in space, and divided Earth into two vastly different nations: The United Empires and...
44 0 8
Humanity's desire to develop teleportation has gone horribly wrong... An experiment in Eurasia has ripped a hole in-between two plains of existence;...
174 18 9
Governments throughout the world have collapsed and merged into one governmental entity. War broke out, which lead to a massive nuclear explosion tha...
BLUE VENOM By Lia

Paranormal

577 107 22
"Holy crap", I said, staring at the huge green forest opening we were standing on. Only it wasn't a forest. Thick, lush jungle surrounded us. We were...