A Tale Of Love (On Hold)

By ironlegoinaire

He came stumbling down to my chambers drunk. Totally, utterly drunk. "What are you doing here ?" I shout out... More

PLEADING
THE NIGHT OF BATTLE
CHARACTER INFO
SURYAGADH
LETTER
INTRUDER
CHITRA
SENT AWAY
THE GOLDEN WOLF
THE STARLESS NIGHT
PLOTTING
RETEKA
CHAOS OF MINDS
SESHACHALAM FOREST RANGES
BAD NEWS
MOLE OR MOLES
THE PROPOSALS
THE ATTACK I
THE ATTACK II
THE ATTACK III
EMERGENCY MEASURES
A FAILED PROPOSAL
THE NIGHT MARKET
SECRET EXCURSION
OLD MEMORIES

ABHI-RAJ

152 4 11
By ironlegoinaire

RAJ (Captain in Vijay Sena)

The dry branches cracked beneath my feets as I walked through the deep thick tree cover of Maharani Bhumi's palace. Soon the once beautiful and gorgeous courtyard of Aakash Manjil came into view which is now forgotten within the tree covers of Devgiri. The grounds around it lies at one of the most weakest part of fort making it extremely hard to sneak in due to the intensive patrolling around here. I wiped the sweat formed on my forehead despite the chill. The roof of the courtyard was itself said to be made up of glass. If memories of General are right then this is were Tara ji counted her last breaths. If not here then I think this investigation for three years will surely be waste of resources and manpower.

The place must be vibrant once upon a time I thought as I pushed open the splintered wooden door and put my feet inside the once rug covered white marble. Few rays of light filtered in through the dirted and muddy glass panel. The walls are filthy and maybe covered in green moss. My yellow eyes examined each and every crack and croony of the room to see any thing of even a minute importance but the room was striped bare of any necessities. Total blank. I trailed my clothed hands over the greenish walls that still hold the remainder of pastel colour they were once painted but now chipping off.

The place is falling apart due to being in disuse for so long. The dust lined each and every surface visible and invisible. At some places the glass had broken and fallen down. I gingerly walked on the floor trying to avoid leaving any type of clues that someone might even be here. The place was devoid of any life form except for rodents. I frowned as I saw a closed and locked door at the end of the corridor. The door itself was like a normal one except for the reinforced iron lock on it which looked already rusty. I am sure no one opened it in years. I took out the equipments useful to pick up a lock and started my work.

"Damn it." I said even after thirty minutes of work the lock was fixed on its original position not moving for a single moment. I withdrawn my pin and began to look other ways to see if there is any other way to enter the chamber. I stepped out and rounded the place. A single large glass window stood out from what I suppose should be the opposite of the locked door. The sun was at the middle of sky but as I have observed not a single soul venture this place neither in daylight nor in moonlight. But I better not get caught in mid day sneaking around the place of past wife of King while posing as a servent. Vijay might find someway to take me out of jail if anyone found me but I know better than rising suspicions.

One single mistake and you can imagine the muscles and bones you have grown over the years will find their way in a animal's intestine. After nearly getting devored by leapords thrice in a row makes people feel wary of their own shadow. "Bhoo." I jumped at the sudden intrusion of my twin brother's voice who is currently laughing at me. "Chup." I said keeping a finger on my lips to emphasize my actions. He made a serious face and dangled something infront of me. I quickly snatched it out of his hand and traced it in between my fingers. "From where did you got it ?" I questioned him. Being a excellent theifs before becoming a law biding members of Vijay Sena I know that this key is absolutely correct match for the lock inside.

I looked at my brother through squinted eyes. I swear on the name of holy God of... "I took it from the bottom of the banyan tree. General told that it was the place where he use to hide his things." He said lifting his hands in surrender. I pursed my lips and looked at the banyan tree a bit far away from the place where I am standing. Indeed if one looked close enough they could be able to see that someone dug out a small place. I signed as I went back inside and opened the lock which nearly fallen off completely due to rust. I cringed at the sound as the door gave away to the room.

The air in here tasted stale. The cowebs decorated the corners of the rooms along with few strands here and there. The once transperant glass is now opaque with dirt and grim. But what stood out more was the way things are present in the room. If not for the thick layer of dust I might have thought that someone had just gotten up in this room. The bed was pushed in corner, the red silk sheets which adorned it are unmade. Making them look as if someone slept in them and left without making them proper. The jar on table is still half filled with water, the fruits kept in the bowl are rotten producing a pungent smell which didn't affect me. Atleast it is still better than the smell of rotten meat in the cave we have to spend a night in Tirupati mountains.

Few flowers are reduced to nothing in the night table. Veremellion is still lying near the mirror along with bindi. The cloths are folded and kept on the couch. I half expected a lady come in and shout that there are intruders in here. I chuckled at myself before upending the room. After careful search of entire pahar I only found a trunk which is suprisingly unlocked. The trunk held only few cloths and minor items but my hands stumbled over a small case. I frowned and took it out. And then gasped.

The small case was locked with arvindam mechanism. It is one of only few we don't know how to solve. A single wrong step or even delay for one tenth of second in clicking the right knobs will trigger the defence mechanism inside which will break the glass bottles of acids present destroying the material forever. I looked at the knobs not touching anything at all. Knowing this small case with pastel and gold colour could line both me and my brother in an grave when we are only fifteen. "We should take each and every thing present here to General." Abhi said glaring holes in the box as if his glaring will open it. Being master theifs from age of eight we take pride in our skills but this damned case is sure like a slap to our egos.

"What now ?" Our another subordinate asked unlike us he is perfectly calm. He is personified as a caretaker for the plants in Sangit Mahal while we are here for reconstruction of the palace which was left to be burnt to ashes by Yurani Alekhya's courtesy. Sure waste of resources. I doubt anyone will reside there any longer. "We should take all the furnitures present there to Suryagadh." I said as they looked at me like I had suddenly grown two horns on my head. But agreed nonetheless. How much idiotic it might sound it is the best choice. For someone to acquire Arvindam mechanism we really can't tell if there weren't any other things hidden. "It's done then. Maharaj Arun is sending gifts to Suryagadh we easily sneak them in." Ravi offered as we nodded.

ABHI (Captain in Vijay Sena)

I signed as I slumped on the barely covered mattress in the backyard of Mayur Mahal. The day has been hectic like hell but atleast we have some progress in investigation. I can't wait to go back to our new headquarters in Suryagadh under Virat. My limbs are tired by hailing up the heavy rocks and wooden beams. Just another one week. I thought the work will be kept on hold for Diwali and then we can return to headquarters while the others go back to their homes. Home what a strange word it is for wanderers like us. I closed my eyes as my past began to flash.

*The matter below could be disturbing for some audience. Don't tell I didn't warn*

Ten years back
(Abhi-Raj——six year old)

"Abhi.. abhi get up.." I opened my eyes to glare at my twin brother Raj who is looking at me through his one yellow and one orange eye. The light had not kissed the land and yet he had me woke up bright and early. "Go away." I said burying my face again in my pillow not wanting to wake up and face the day yet. "Ehhh." He said before snatching away my blanket to which I still stubbornly remained sticked. I fallen with a thump on the ground. I glared at him through my glossy eyes as he dragged me away from the multitudes of relatives sleeping here and there nearly in each and every room coming to our home for my eldest sister's wedding. I was suprised none of them got up from all this ruskus we created.

The house was the largest in entire village with nearly twelve bedrooms and a large shed for our cows and bullocks and seven horses. Our father was Mukhiya of the village and brother is security head. My grandfather was a captain guard in Sandhvik Dynasty's army for battle. When he returned people made him mukhiya. He uplifted our people increasing our trade and cultivation area. Our sister is being married to head man of neighbouring village. I chuckled as how our to be brother in law sat infront of our doorsteps until father gave sister's hand in marriage to him. He is also very handsome from what I heard. "Where are you lost anaya (elder brother)?" Raj asked in whisper waking me up from my inner monologue.

"Where are we going ?" I asked as we wore our slippers venturing into the small grove beside our manor. Luckily except few deers and snakes along with few wolves now and then there aren't any dangerous animals out here. "Shhh." He said keeping his finger on his as we walked deeper into the grove pushing away the branches away from us. "Akka (elder sister) said that flowers will look good on the garlands for her hair." He said pointing towards the blue colour flowers located in a cluster near the small stream. I grown excited at the thought of gifting her something. We quickly ran towards it and plucked them out. They only bloom at midnight. That's the reason Raj woke me to get them.

We will definitely get scolded for this risk but it will be worthy enough to see a single smile on akka's face. Mother and father are always busy with our business of paddy and sandalwood. It was sister who raised us. We plucked them neatly and walked backed home before they will start looking after us which I highly doubt. They will in the too much busy schedule of marriage. The marriage party will be here by noon. I grinned at my twin as I saw smoke raising from where our house is. "Look like the food preparations are going on." I added with a smirk already calculating how we are going to rob paysam while no one is looking. I put one of berries we collected as well in my mouth. Staining my lips with red colour.

But soon our smile fall off from our face as we show figures race off on the horses with things on their backs along with our cows. I looked at Raj alarmed. He mirrored my attention. Without caring for anything we took off towards our home. The first thing came in out mind was our Akka and parents. Our feets stopped and tears began to fall off from our mismatched eyes as the sight unfolded infront of us. Our once beautiful and serene house was now empty. We spotted blood spilt on the ground. We didn't care as the berries we collected fallen on the ground beside us. We only cared for the carnage infront of our eyes. Bodies are slited everywhere. Bleeding from their stomachs and necks. No soul alive. The tears are falling off like waterfalls now. But the only thing mattered is my akka now. Raj was taking support of my hand to walk.

I didn't stopped to check on my aunts, uncles or grandparents. Once akka told me if the person is not moving then it is dead. When I said that the sparrow which had injured her wing is not dead. They all are dead. I repeatedly prayed to all the gods that my akka should be alive. She is only support of our lives. I walked into her room desperately wanting to think she would be sleeping or writing something by her lamp. The place was quiet except for our wails. The reason for all this is the only thing we are rich. I once overheard my elders talking about the bandits in neighbouring forests. They are asking for money and crops.

Raj nearly crumbled when he saw our eldest brother's body beheaded next to our father's. Both of their heads lying at some distance detached from their bodies. I kept myself strong and walked in. I saw my mother's body lying beside my akka's. I looked at my akka thinking she left us as well but my heart scoared a little as I saw her hand twich a bit. We ran to her sides tightly holding her hands. "Akka." I said as I looked at her body. Except for the heavy bleeding between her legs there isn't any more injury. She will live won't she ? I asked myself. "Abhi..Raj...Leave this place." She said her breath wavering. "No...no.." I said trying to circumferum her body as if it will stop from her soul from leaving this body.

We sat there for long time till her body had stopped moving. Her favourite blue flowers still in our hands. I cried and cried. Wondering why anyone had not woken us up from this nightmare. I gingerly took the flowers and woved them in her black locks which are like always are untamed and dragged Raj out. Touching the feets of our dead elders I took my sister's small earrings from her ear which she always wore. One in my ear and other in Raj's. We are too numb as we moved out of the house looking back at the place where we spent six years of our existence with our family and our akka. Which now lead in rest. They were resting while leaving us both for our own turmoils and demons to hunt after.

Knowing now we have no one to look after us except for each other. Leaving the red bloody footprints on the floor we walked away. Towards unknown destiny.

PRESENT DAY

A cursed tear fallen off from the corner of my as I gingerly touched the small earning in ear still with me. The last remainder of our akka. That day we took a single oath. That no one will lose their elder sister to the bandits. A oath too close to fruition along with the total annihilation of bandits from southern Bharatvarsh.

THERE RIGHT EYE IS OF YELLOISH BROWN COLOUR AND LEFT EYE IS OF ORANGEISH BROWN COLOUR.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 316 60
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
3K 154 22
In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous heart, consumed by darkness' might, Yet s...
465 24 51
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be displeased if he sees us tog...
1.6K 337 39
Have you ever seen world within a world ? "In saving the world, he lost his own. She longed to love him, but darkness claimed her first. In your scar...