the lovers || conrad fisher

By luvvmaxine

emery ravine has been going to cousins every summer all of her life. but this summer, it was different. she c... More

ᴏɴᴇ : ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
ᴛᴡᴏ : ʙᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ : ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ
ꜰᴏᴜʀ : ʜᴀᴛʀᴇᴅ
ꜰɪᴠᴇ : ʙᴇᴀᴄʜ ʙᴀʟʟ
sɪx : ꜰᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴ
sᴇᴠᴇɴ : 4ᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ᴊᴜʟʏ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ : ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪsᴛs

ɴɪɴᴇ : sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ

624 15 9
By luvvmaxine

"Twirl..." Jeremiah whispered as he twirled Emery, "Then dip." He dipped her, and she smiled. Kissing him lightly on the lips, smiling through the whole thing.

Once Jeremiah pulled her back to standing, they were both smiling. "Your missing a shift for this." Emery mumbled, and Jeremiah shrugged.

"I mean, anything for you." Emery laughed and shoved him playfully.

"I swear, you say the corniest shit." Belly was standing by herself, texting on her phone. Well until Shayla and Steven walked over to her.

Emery turned back to Jeremiah, sighing. Emery had no reason to be mad at Belly, she didn't know anything about the letter or what was happening with Conrad. But a part of her was mad.

But she was over it, over the whole Conrad thing. She was with Jeremiah again. And she was happy.

"Attention, everyone. Please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington, all the way from Ms. Covington's School of Ballroom Dance in Newton." Paige introduced, and everyone applauded.

"Thank you, Paige. As you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated part of the ball. So, please join your partners now... Come on." Emery stared at Belly, she was alone.

Then she turned to Jeremiah. "Jere, I'm gonna dance with Bells, okay?" Jeremiah nodded and walked over to the side.

Emery walked over to Belly, who was standing shyly in the middle of the room. "Bells, hey." Emery said, grabbing her hand. "We'll dance together, I know you didn't have time to ask Cam so..."

Belly smiled, "Really?"

"Sure, I'm family. But you need an escort for the big night. Paige is gonna have, like, die if you wait too long. I missed a couple things and I don't think she likes me that much."

Belly laughed and put her hand on Emery's shoulder as Emery raised there connecting hand, aka, getting into position.

"So, um, you and Jere are good now?" Belly asked, glancing at the boy who was joking with Nicole.

Emery smiled, "Yeah, last night we-"

"Had sex?" Emery gaped at the girl, who was laughing and shaking her head. "My room is right next to yours, I heard. It was gross."

Emery laughed, "Well, sorry about that. But yeah, we're back together. Fully."

Belly gagged, "Disgusting. Don't make sex jokes." Emery giggled. They were talking low so nobody would hear them.

"I didn't mean it like that."

Belly then bit her lip and sighed, "I have to tell you something." Emery raised her eyebrow in response, if Belly said what she thought she was about to say, this would be uncomfortable for Emery. "I almost kissed Conrad last night."

Emery nodded and scrunched her face together. "Yeah, I saw." She was trying her best to be happy for her, Belly has liked Conrad for, like, ever.

"Yeah! It was like, kinda exciting. But then Dais almost shot us with a firework on accident and ruined it, but it's okay."

Emery shoved the laugh that was about to come out down her throat. "Well, you know Dais."

"Yeah."

"All right. Take a step, go back." Emery instructed, and after a while, Belly was getting the hang of it. "You're-you're doing really good." Emery exclaimed with a smile.

"What, in these shoes?" They both giggle.

"It's a simple step. Forward with the left, slide to the right, and then the feet close together." Mrs. Covington instructed, then Paige began whispering to her.

"Aren't you supposed to be learning this with Jeremiah?"

Emery chuckled, "Yes, but he and I already know the dances. You, on the other hand, don't."

Belly laughed, "Yeah, Susannah taught her boys a lot of dances." Both nodded, she really did.

After a while again, Mrs. Covington instructed them to go faster.

"It's okay. Okay. It's okay." Belly kept whispering to herself, and they got a minute of dancing before Belly stepped on her foot.

"Mm..." Emery winced in pain, and Belly began apologizing repeatedly. "No, it's okay." Emery assured, rubbing her shoulder. The pain was gone anyways.

"Hey, ladies. Mind if I have this dance?" Jeremiah asked, putting a hand out to Emery.

"Yes. I'll dance with Nicole." Belly whispered, waving to Emery.

"Do you know the steps?" Emery asked, and Jeremiah looked up as if he were thinking.

"Hmm, I know the steps, yeah. But let's do this instead." He began spinning quickly with Emery, both laughing as they moved towards the Alexa.

"Jeremiah!" Emery exclaimed, but he just kissed her quickly before leaning towards the Alexa.

"Hey, Alexa. Play "So Pretty."" Emery's eyes widened as Jeremiah grabbed her hand and letting go to dance,.

"Jere!" She exclaimed, pushing him and laughing.

"Come on!" Jeremiah grabbed her hands and began to dance with her like they were at a party. Everyone began joining in with them, and then everyone was dancing.

Until Paige came back. "What is going on here? Alexa, stop." The music shut off immediately, and everyone stopped dancing. But Emery was still laughing. "Jeremiah Fisher, why aren't you at the pool?"

He gestured towards Emery, "I'm an escort." Emery nodded in response, stifling her laughter.

"Maybe this escort should go back to the pool, seeing as you know the dance and Emery was dancing with Belly."

Jeremiah shrugged and turned to Emery, "See you later, Eme."

"See ya, Jere." Emery said as he walked away. Turning back to Belly, and she was waving to someone, Conrad.

Conrad and Emery made eye contact, and Emery just glared at him. Her face was getting hot and her stomach tied in knots. No, I'm with Jere.

"Bells, come on." Emery mumbled, which made Belly turn to her.

Conrad stood there like an idiot, looking at Belly and Emery. Well, and somewhat talking to Nicole.

But then he finally left, and Emery could breathe again.

Belly and Emery were finally back home, but Jeremiah was still working. So they walked towards Susannah and Laurel, who were laughing and talking. But then once they saw the girls, they suspiciously presented themselves.

"Hi girls." Susannah said, and Emery smiled in response.

"Hey. Have you guys seen Conrad?" Emery rolled her eyes, folding her arms in front of her chest and biting her lip.

She hated this feeling. She was with Jeremiah. Not Conrad.

"Um... I think he's out sailing. But come! Join us." Susannah invited, but Laurel was looking behind the girls.

"Um... my guess is Belly has other plans." Both girls looked behind them to see Cam, looking sweet as ever.

"Hi."

"Oh, hey, Cam." Belly mumbled, and Emery felt so bad for Cam. He was so sweet and Belly was playing him. But maybe that's what Emery was doing with Jere?

"Emmie!" A voice exclaimed, she turned to see Aubrey running towards her. Once Aubrey reached Emery, she grabbed her hand and began dragging her inside. "I tried to come back into your room last night to, you know, sleep, and I heard you and Jeremiah going at it. It was disgusting."

Emery's face turned pink out of embarrassment, had everyone heard? Oh fuck that would be hell. "Um, about that... I have to tell you something." They began walking up the stairs, Emery really needed to change, but she also needed to tell Aubrey everything. So she would just do both.

Aubrey stared at her, shocked. The type of shock that made her mouth hang open and her freeze, and it made Emery really nervous as she stood in front of Aubrey.

Aubrey finally blinked and stood up, "So, to recap. Conrad told you to read the letter he gave you 3 years ago, and it was basically him confessing his love. But then when you went to see him, like he said, he was kissing Belly. And then you went back inside and used Jeremiah as a stress reliever with sex?"

Emery bit her lip, embarrassed. Not because she was embarrassed about her best friend knowing, embarrassed because it was true and she felt horrible. "Well, I wouldn't put it as using him, more like..." Aubrey stared with her eyebrows raised, waiting for a response. "No, yeah. I used him."

Aubrey's expression then changed to anger, "Conrad Fisher. What a little bitch. I always disliked him, his snobby attitude and his little bitchy face and probably little di-"

"Immediately no." Emery interrupted, in response, Aubrey rolled her eyes and stepped to Emery so they were a mere foot away from each other.

"Look, what I mean is, he isn't worth it, okay? He literally is ruining our celebration of you having sex for the first time. And gladly, not with him."

Emery scoffed, she loved everything about her best friend. But her protective and loyal traits were her favorite. "Yeah, but still. Let's not do any big celebration because then everyone is gonna know I had sex with Jeremiah."

Aubrey giggled while smiling, "You guys were so loud last night, I'm sure everyone except the mom's heard you. I slept in Belly's room and I heard the headboard hitting the wall and all of it."

Emery's face turned a bright red as she almost died of embarrassment, placing her head into her hands. "Oh my god..." She looked up at Aubrey, "Can someone die of embarrassment? Cause that's about to happen. To me."

Aubrey hugged her best friend, still smiling. "Your fine Emmie, at least you weren't that loud. I mean..." Emery almost fell to the floor, and Aubrey giggled. "I'm kidding. I'm sure nobody except Belly and I heard it."

They pulled apart, Emery still red as a tomato. "Do I have to go back out there?" She asked groggily. Aubrey nodded and began dragging the girl out of her room.

They walked down the stairs to the back door just to see Belly and Conrad. Belly was clearly agitated, and Conrad looked blank. No expression. If anything, it was a fake blank expression.

Aubrey glanced between the two and Emery, who's eyes burned with jealousy. "Um, let's just go upstairs." Aubrey grabbed her wrist but Emery pulled away quickly.

Emery looked at her, "No. We have as much, if not more, right to go and sit outside on the patio." Emery walked to the door, swinging it open.

Belly walked right past her, about to cry. Emery felt like she had been stabbed in the gut out of guilt. "Bells-"

"I'm fine." She mumbled, jogging upstairs. Emery stared for a second before looking at Aubrey, the girl could see the guilt and anger in Emery's face, so she knew she had to go comfort Belly by herself.

Emery waited until she was upstairs to storm outside, "What the fuck is wrong with you, Conrad!?" She exclaimed walking towards him.

He looked upset and a little bit angry himself. "What?"

Emery scoffed, "You are a pathetic little bitch! You know that?" She was so close to exploding in anger like she had done with her father, she was done locking her anger away. "I- I cannot believe you!"

Conrad stared into her eyes for a while, then placing the trash bag down. "What are you talking about?"

Emery took a sharp intake of cool air, suppressing the urge to push him. "You mess with my heart, and now you mess with Belly's? I can get over the fact that you did this to me, but Belly? She deserves better than that and you know it."

"No, you don't get to say shit. Your messing with my heart, Emery." He was keeping a cool exterior, but he was just as mad as Emery.

Emery actually laughed, "Your kidding me, right?"

Conrad shook his head, "No." Emery couldn't believe it, if anyone was in the wrong, it was Conrad.

"No, cause fuck you. I read the letter, which you told me to do, and let me just repeat some of the stuff that I have on the top of my head. Hmm... Maybe, 'we we were destined' or 'you're my angel.' And that bullshit 'forever and always' crap! You told me to read your love letter to me, and I go out to talk to you, just to see you kissing Belly!" She was yelling now, and they were not even a foot apart. Conrad towered over Emery, but they both had a terrible temper.

Conrad stared for a second in disbelief, scoffing once it processed in his head. "No, no. I almost kissed Belly, and that was because you took almost forever to talk to me! I know you're a quick reader, and you never talked to me. But you just went and fucked my brother! Yeah, I heard."

Emery glared at him, keeping her tough exterior when on the inside she was questioning her choices. Were they not kissing? Did I take too long? Did I fuck this up? Then she finally got out of her own thoughts. "It took me a long time because I was reading a love letter, for fuck's sake! And, so what if I fucked your brother? Are you jealous?"

They were both trying to have the upper ground, but both of them weren't.

"You were jealous when I supposedly kiss Belly!"

Emery raised her eyebrows, nodding. "I was, but you never answered my question. Are you jealous?"

Neither moved nor talked for a whole minute, but then Conrad finally responded. "No."

Emery stepped one foot closer once again, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"You aren't jealous that he picked me up and threw me onto the bed?" One step closer.
"How he pulled my shirt off?" Another. "Maybe about how he undid my bra so easil-"

"Fine! I'm jealous, okay? I don't want him touching you."

Emery's stomach was fluttering with butterflies, and her mind racing. All she wanted was for him to kiss her.

"Why's that?"

Conrad took a sharp intake of breathe, closing his eyes for a second before responding. "Because, Em. It's always been you. Always."

Emery was already on a roll with her confidence, so she would use it once more. "If that's true, kiss me." Emery bit her bottom lip so hard it was numb.

"You don't want me to do that."

Emery grinned, "I really do."

That was enough for Conrad to press his lips on hers, it wasn't a sweet, innocent kiss. It was all the frustration, tension and confusion fading. Both were intense, as if this were urgent. Conrad pushed her against the wall, still gripping onto her waist.

Both of their hearts were pounding, fast and loud. Emery's mind was fuzzing over while they kissed, forgetting about everything that has happened in pretty much her whole life. All of her thoughts were about how much she wanted this.

But then of course, her thoughts came back. She pushed Conrad away, both breathing heavily. Emery's chest was heaving up and down, still holding onto his biceps.

He was staring at her like he would never stop kissing her if he could. He glanced at her lips, then back at her eyes.

And she was staring at him, the way he looked at her made her brain began fuzzing over again.

She pulled him in for another kiss, and they thought it was never going to end.

Then they heard footsteps.

Both pushed off of each other and began to panic, looking towards the source of the footsteps to see Jeremiah walking up.

Emery began mentally panicking, did he see that?

"Hey guys! Whats up?" He reached them and wrapped an arm around her and kissed the top of her head.

He didn't see. "Oh, um, we were just-"

"Talking." Conrad interrupted, glaring at Jeremiah. The boy just nodded and continued smiling.

"Oh, well. I just got off of work so-" He stopped, staring at Emery's lips. Emery furrowed her brows in confusion and panic. "Your lipsticks a bit smudged." He wiped off the bit of light pink lipstick that was out of her lip lines.

Emery gulped, wiping at her mouth. "Oh, oops." Her voice shaky, and her mind racing.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go inside. Continue." Jeremiah began to walk inside the house, both watching him until he was fully inside.

They both looked at each other once he was inside, "Okay..." Emery mumbled, still breathing heavily. She was staring at the ground.

"Em, if this was a mistake or if you don't feel the same, tell me so I don't get hooked on you." Emery looked him in the eyes as he said this, her breathing slowed.

She had a few options right now, did she want to stay with Jeremiah and ruin this with Conrad, or break up with Jeremiah, again, and continue with Conrad.

Both didn't have great effects. If she fucked it over with Conrad, she would still have feelings for him and she wouldn't be happy. But if she didn't, Belly would be upset, as would Jeremiah.

She hated hurting the people she cared about, but... if she fucked it over with Conrad, he would be upset. So what was a compromise?

Keep it a secret? Obviously still break it off with Jeremiah, but not tell people about Conrad?

Seems like a good idea.

Emery stepped towards him, cupping his face with her hand. "I never said it was a mistake, and I never said I didn't feel the same." He grinned and pulled her against him once more for another kiss.

After a minute, Emery pulled away and stared into his eyes with a serious expression. "But we keep it a secret."

Conrad nodded, to which Emery smiled and kissed him lightly one more time before pulling away completely. "See you later, Con."

"See ya, Em."

Emery's stomach was fluttering with butterflies as she walked inside, smiling big. A secret, she could keep a secret. Right?

A/N: this might seemed really rollercoaster like and rushed but its a short series so i gotta do what i gotta do, also im OBSESSED with the twisted series rn so im really into jealousy so get ready for jealousy and a little twisted like stuff

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 4.7K 30
[ DISCONTINUED ! ] i think you should stay, because i hope we can feel the way we do now for all time. conrad fisher x fem oc © salkulti
120K 1.5K 19
Every summer, three families come together and spend time in cousins beach. There's the Fishers, who own the house, The Conklins, who haven't missed...
229K 475 11
secrets I've held in my heart, are harder to hide than I thought - I don't think I could ever hate you - Well, maybe you should try it, y'know, get s...
21.2K 417 22
After Analise's summer in cousins, her best friend Jeremiah makes her return in hopes to find his brother, and help save his favorite home. But what...