๐‡ ๐ˆ ๐‘ ๐€ ๐„ ๐“ ๐‡

By alishbasiddiqui11

๐‡๐ข๐ซ๐š๐ž๐ญ๐ก: ๐š ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐œ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐ก๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ญ๐จ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๏ฟฝ... More

๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ž:
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ:
๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t hi r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
please read- author's note.
t w e n t y- o n e
t w e n t y- t w o
t w e n t y- t h r e e
t w e n t y- f o u r
t w e n t y- f i v e
t w e n t y- s i x
t w e n t y- s e v e n
t w e n t y- e i g h t
t w e n t y- n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y- t w o
t h i r t y- t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ญ.
๐€๐ฌ๐ฒ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ข๐œ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ.
๐๐€- ๐ƒ๐€๐’๐“๐Ž๐Ž๐‘.

t h i r t y- o n e

11.2K 327 222
By alishbasiddiqui11

Posting before the vote count is done because the views have been a little low since I am not using Tiktok right now :)

The next chapter will be posted when this chapter gets 100+ votes.

"They say, 'She's gone too far this time'"

D E L I L A H  K N I G H T{UNEDITED}

Maxwell was in front of my house, with several bruises lining up his face and the scent of alcohol filling up his body. 

"Delilahhhh" his voice vibrated over the heavy rain- both slurred and excited. "Knock, knock."

"Maxwell oh my god-" I gasped, seeing his state, "are you fuckin-" he cut off my sentence by placing his hands on his ears and giving me a grin.

Maxwell, being the idiot he is, only followed up by saying "Knock, knock." 

"Maxwell what are you even saying?" I questioned bewildered, is this idiot high or something? "Look, I am glad you are here but please-" he cut me off yet again.

"Baby, you are supposed to ask 'who's there' that's the part of the joke and-" I could see that his grin widened more, if that was even possible  as he said the next part "You are glad I am here? Are you serious?"

"Maxwell, stop this nonsense and get inside right now," I said trying to pull him inside by holding his wrist but he just wouldn't budge from his place.

"Nope," he said popping the P "First answer my question, love." his mouth stretched into a large grin, all of his teeth on view as his eyes sparkled with amusement.

"What question?" I asked, annoyance and anxiety flooding through my veins seeing his physical and mental condition.

"Knock, knock." he said for the third time, his hand leaning down to capture my own, his fingers threading through mine.

"Who's there?" I questioned unamused as my fingers tightened around his.

"Do-ya," 

Confusion was clearly written on my face which I am sure even he could detect so he just gave my hand a gently squeeze, his wedding ring and my old promise ring shining in the dark.

"Do- ya who?"

"Do-ya wanna be my girlfriend?" 

My heart appeared to leave my body as soon as he said those words, reaching out to Maxwell and leaving itself in his care. As I stared at his face, which was severely injured and covered in wet hair strands, my breathing quickened and I could feel my cheeks turning red.

His plain beige turtleneck sweater clung to his body and I could feel just how uncomfortable it must have been to wear that in the rain.

"We are already married," I said stupidly, my heart falling to my feet at the sight of him standing here after way too fucking long.

It's been way too fucking long.

His eyes sparkled as if he actually just realized the fact that we are married, and the wide grin on his face made a comeback as he suddenly let go of my hand.

"Right, we are married so-" he rubbed the back of his neck and his cheeks flushed, maybe due to the alcohol before speaking next "May I hug you?"

"Huh w-what?" I stammered on my next words, my voice coming out breathless at his direct words.

His eyes narrowed at my reply, but the amusement on his face never faltered.

"Ah fuck it,"

With those final words, he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest outside of the mansion, making the rain drop fall freely on both of us.

"Maxwell, are you fucking crazy? What are you doing?" I yelled over the heavy rain, my voice barely reaching my own ears.

Maxwell pulled me back from his chest, still keeping a tight hold on my waist as he leaned down, really really close to my face and I felt myself waiting in anticipation for something, anything.

And that's when he pinched my nose harshly making me slap his chest and try to move away from him, but alas its Maxwell- you know he would never let me do that.

"What the hell was that for?" I hissed, rubbing my nose harshly.

"Thought I was dreaming," he replied dreamily but his grin dropped soon after as he removed my hands from my nose and cupped my face in his hands.

"Does it hurt?" he inquired quietly, as if he felt guilty for simply pinching me on the nose.

"N-no," I replied truthfully, it really didn't hurt- I just liked being dramatic.

"Liar," he said with an amused smile on his face, "Your nose is so red because you were rubbing it so harshly. You need to stop doing that,"

"Doing what?" I can never understand what this guy is saying.

"Lying to me," he simply stated, and bending down again near my face. 

And then he placed a soft kiss on my nose.

once.

twice.

thrice.

Until I was sure my heart was going to leap out of my fucking chest.

I am pretty sure I am getting a heart attack, why would my heart be beating so fast otherwise?

"I missed your pretty face so fucking much, Delilah," his eyes were hazy due to the alcohol as his forehead touched mine gently. "Did you miss me?"

"Why would I?" even he knew I was lying at this point, it was just so so obvious at this point.

"Lie to me one more time," he warned, his eyes shining with amusement.

"What will you do then, Maxwell?" I challenged back, making him pinch the side of my waist and let out a giggle out of nowhere.

"I would kiss you,"

"but I know you will hate me more than you do now, so I will keep that idea to myself for now,"

I am so glad it is dark right now otherwise my flushed cheeks would be very much visible to him and he will never stop teasing me about it.

"You just realized that you said that out loud right?" I watched as his eyes widen in the dark, and he stumbled out of my hold and took a step back.

"No, I didn't." he murmured, rubbing the back of his neck as the dim road lights fell on his face, highlighting his beautiful eyes and pink lips.

Delilah, you need to fucking stop.

"Yes you did," I decided to cover up my flustered state by teasing him.

"Oh god this is so-" before the next words could escape his mouth, a hiss left his lips as he touched his face.

"Fuck, this hurts so much," he winced, his hands falling on his sides as he blinked several times before he looked at me.

"Finally," I spoke breathily "I thought you forgot you were injured," I spoke sarcastically before grabbing his hand and dragging his drenched self inside the house.

"Mom is going to feed me to her parrots now," I mumble looking at the drenched floor that happened because of us.

"Ooo, your mom has parrots? Can I see them? Can they talk? Will they repeat what I say?" Maxwell jumped from beside me, clapping as if he was a kid in an amusement park.

"Maxwell," I spoke turning myself towards him, losing my focus and forgetting my words for a second as I looked into his green eyes.

He just raised his eyebrow at me.

"One more time you speak something stupid-" I pause to see his reaction and to my surprise, his eyes held warmth as he intently listened to me speak.

"-and I will keep a knife on your throat," I tried to warn him as he came closer and stood right infront of me, way too close for my liking.

"Delilah," he said my name and I mentally thanked God for giving me such a nice name.

"You have a secret knife kink don't you?"  he asked almost innocently, but the mischievous grin was slowly forming on his face.

I can't do this anymore. I should have just left him at the door.

I ignored him and headed upstairs to get him a pair of clothes, but I could hear his footsteps following me upstairs, making me shake my head.

I entered the guest room and went inside the closet, taking out some of my dad's old clothes that I am praying will fit Maxwell.

When I entered my room, I saw Maxwell standing near my desk, still very much drenched and gazing at the polaroids of us stuck on my wall.

When he saw me there, he smiled softly at me and turned back to look at the polaroids.

"I ruined everything didn't I?" 

I couldn't see his facial expressions but I could feel the shake in his voice as he spoke.

"I know you didn't mean to, but yes you did,"

The words flew right out of my mouth before I could stop them. But they were nothing but the truth.

"Then what was I supposed to do? just let you go like that?" he didn't look at me, still.

"I- I don't know, Maxwell. I know it was not your fault but-" my words got cut off.

"You don't mean that Delilah. You know damn fucking well it was my fault that you got dragged in all of this shit. I was not someone you thought I was."

His words had shook me to the core. I didn't know how to reply, knowing that all of it was the truth.

Yes, I blamed him for everything for years even though I knew that he was forced into all of this. I can't deny that.

I guess its just easier to make someone the villain in your story rather than thinking that you lost your hero.

And that's exactly what I did.

"Alright it's the truth. I did hate you for all of these years for what you did but that doesn't mean that I hate you now," I gently grab his arm and make him look at me but he shakes his head and moves away.

"No, you do hate me. If you don't hate me then why are you always leaving me?"

"I hate that you always go away from me. I hate that I can't see your face the first thing in the morning when I wake up. I hate that I can't cook breakfast for you while you stare at me from the back but pretend to look away when I notice you looking. I hate that I can't see your reactions when I make you eat the food that I make for you. I hate that you are not getting ready in our bedroom and I hate that I can't hear you shriek when you see me coming out shirtless after I shower. I hate that there is no one playing Taylor Swift music in the living room because she knows that her songs are my favorite. I hate that you are not smiling at me from distance when I am pretending to be working. I hate you being away from me." 

My heart stopped.

And then I felt my whole world explode at his words. My breathing quickened and I could feel the return of the blush on my cheeks.

How did he even notice so much in just a month?

"O-okay," my hands shook as I gripped my drenched tee shirt and replied, gazing into his eyes.

"What okay?" he looked genuinely confused at my answer and I shook my head. He was still very much drunk. Or maybe I was just confusing.

"I'll come home tomorrow, alright?" I said, my heart still beating very fast.

I know I am probably going to regret this but how can I say no when he said such sweet words.

I should tell him to say it again so that I can write it and send it to my author friends to use it in their Wattpad books.

"You will come home, seriously?" He asked, his eyes lighting up with happiness and my heart warmed in my chest.

I am seriously going to get a heart attack.

"Yeah, now go and change your clothes," I said and handed him the clothes I bought for him.

He nodded and kept the clothes on the bed, making me confused.

Suddenly his hand reached towards the hem of his sweater and pulled it off in a blink, leaving me gaping at his body.

It's not like this is the first time I am seeing him shirtless, but it still feels like the first.

"AHHH MAXWELL WHAT THE FUCK ARE U DOING," my reaction came off a bit late as I shrieked and covered my eyes with my hands, still peeking a little to look.

Delilah you have become an absolute creep. 

"Your reaction came a bit too late, sweetheart" he said, mischief visible in his tone as he stepped forward, making me take a step back.

"You can look at me all you want, love." he said, removing my hands from my eyes as I tried to keep my eyes on his face and not look at his body.

"I am all yours anyways," he says absentmindedly, playing with my hands.

"I know," I reply softly, he's just so sweet.

"Good, I wanted you to know that." he says again, his hand reaching out and kissing the inside of my palm making my heart rate shot up.

"Yeah, now go change please-" I say stupidly and his grin only widens making me almost yell.

"In the fucking washroom, good Lord you are fucking annoying." I turn my back and grab my clothes to change in the guest room.

After a while, I come back in some comfortable sweat pants and a brown coloured hoodie as its getting quite cold because of the heavy rain.

I go to the living room and to my surprise, I find Maxwell sitting there holding his head in his hand, his hair still quite wet from the rain making it more fluffy than usual.

"Max, are you okay?" my voice comes out as a soft whisper as I gently remove his hands from his head and tilt it up so that he is looking at me.

"Now I am okay," he smiles, his eyes kind of closed as he leans his head in my palm.

"Let's go and get you cleaned up, yeah. You look awful." I tease, my hand gently caressing the wound near his cheekbones.

He nodded sleepily and wrapped his hands around my shoulder as I walked him to the washroom.

I quickly removed all the necessities that were kept on the counter so that he could sit on that and then pulled out the first aid kit from the cupboard located beside the counter.

"This is gonna hurt a bit," I said gently as I moved to stand between his legs and press a cotton to the wound under his eye.

He gently tugged me closer by my waist and then put both of his hands on each of my shoulder, letting them dangle there while he kept looking at me with a small smile on his face.

"You are really pretty," his voice came out as a whisper as he gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, his hands playing with my ear piercings.

"So are you," I left his face and grabbed his hand, rinsing the wounded knuckles and applying a sterile gauze dressing before wrapping his hand in a bandage.

"Come," I said, as I gave him my hand and he held it tightly, walking to the living room and sitting on the couch, with him beside me.

"Do you want to eat anything?" I ask, knowing fully well that I can't cook and I might have to feed him the food Kathryn kept for me.

"No, I am not hungry," he said tiredly, his head resting on the backrest of the sofa while one of his dangled over my shoulder, playing with the tips of my red hair which were slowly turning brown.

"Who did you punch?" I ask absentmindedly, my hands switching through the movies and shows on Netflix.

"Some fucking bastard, forgot his name."  he grunted, his hand reaching out to massage his own head.

"And why did you punch him?" My hands gently moved towards his forehead and his eyes shot open.

"What are you d-doing?" he asked almost carefully, making my heart sore.

"Massaging your head," as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"Oh. Uh can I- no no," he stopped himself from speaking but then started again "Can I lay my head in your lap?"

"You don't have to ask," I reply almost immediately, making his cheeks and ears turn red as he smiled cutely and proceeded to lay down on the sofa, with his head in my lap.

I am getting major Deja vu right now.

"He was talking shit about mom, calling her a whore and all. I should have just fucking killed him at the spot," he fingers curled into a fist as if he was imaging that moment.

"You did more than just punch him, did you?" 

"Of course I did, who do you think I am?" he asked almost proudly.

My beautiful, beautiful husband, that's who you are.

"Almost killed that motherfucker," he said again when he saw me not replying.

"And how did you almost kill him?" I questioned him amusedly, my hands almost reaching out to pinch his cheeks.

How can I find him cute when he's talking about literally killing someone?

"I'll tell you later, too long of a story," he said sleepily, his hands reaching up to wrap around my waist as he kept his face near my stomach.

I gently ran my hands through his hair and scrolled through my phone when suddenly my phone rang very loudly making him almost jump and get up from my lap.

"What the actual fuck is that ringtone, do you want to kill me by putting that sound near my ear?" he exclaimed, his hand on his heart, breathing heavily.

"Shut up," I said and looked at the contact name who's calling me so late at night.

Noor(◠‿◠)- the contact said and I became confused to why Grayson's fiancé was calling me this late.

When I picked up the phone, I heard very loud screams and laughs making me pull it a little away from my ear so that I don't go deaf.

Among all the loud voices, I suddenly heard the velvety voice of Noor with the words that I have been waiting for her to say since ages.

"DELILAH, WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!"

DESI WEDDING CHAPTERS?? SAY LESS

HEYY  LOVES, HOW HAVE U ALL BEEN?

HOW WAS THE CHAPTER? I LOVE THESE IDIOTS SM

ALSO THANK U FOR 360K+ READS!! I LOVE U ALL<3

COMMENT HERE TO BE REMINDED OF THE NEXT CHAPTER :)

until next time,

-alishba<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 42.6K 60
Highest Ranks- 1# Mafia 1#hostage 1#happyending 1#complete 1#good girl 1#italian 2#happy ending 2#opposites 3#Mature 4#morallygrey Rosie didn't h...
46.3K 1.6K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...
73.6K 991 41
Francis Fiore, the leader of the most powerful mafia in the world. He's ruthless, cold, doesn't trust anyone neither loves anyone. He's the most fear...
1.4M 9.6K 10
To some, Marriage is a word. To others, A sentence. ใ€Œโ€ใ€ YOU CAN READ THE FULL AND EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK ONLY ON GOODNOVEL. ใ€Œโ€ใ€ ใƒŸStory Ranking...