The Detective Club|Modern Hei...

By somerandomwriter0-0

(Gender neutral reader!) Y/N has been feeling a bit insecure lately and these feelings are continuing to grow... More

-Before You Read-
A "Regular" First Day|Chapter 1
The Detective Club Meets!
The Cheater
A Time For Discovery
Just The Two Of Us
Spooky Time
Spooky Time Part 2|The Festival
~A Party Finale~
Aur My Gawd

Shoot, We're Broke!

1.8K 88 373
By somerandomwriter0-0

Poor ass Zhongli kinnies

It'd been weeks since you had gone to the park with Heizou. Neither of you had mentioned what he said, and you were pretty certain he'd forgotten about it. Meanwhile, it was practically all you could think about. You knew he was simply the flirty type, but just thinking about it still made you feel flustered.

The Detective Club was having an ordinary meeting. "Xiao, can you pass me my backpack?" You turned to the amber eyed boy. You had gotten closer to him in the past few weeks. He was still pretty antisocial, but you could at least make small talk with him. He gave you a small smile as he walked over with your backpack and set it down beside you. Peaceful.

Kazuha was trying improve his haiku writing skills in the corner, Yanfei and Kuki were discussing what it takes to get into law school and Xiao was napping at the interrogation desk. You and Heizou giggled at the sight, contemplating drawing on his face, but ultimately deciding you'd both rather not face his wrath. The day was calm and perfect.

Suddenly Ganyu burst into the room, waking up the napping Xiao. "Detective Club! Please send two representatives to the student council room immediately. Thank you." Before anyone could ask any questions, Ganyu had already rushed out the door.

"What was that about?" Kazuha asked.

"Beats me." Yanfei replied, equally confused.

"Seemed pretty urgent." Added Kuki.

Xiao, just wanting to go to sleep again, made a suggestion. "Y/N, Heizou, you two go. You're kinda like our leaders, or whatever."

"I'm not opposed to the idea. What about you Y/N?"

"Let's go! I just hope we're not in trouble or something..."

You and Heizou said your goodbyes to the other club members, careful as to not wake up Xiao, who had fallen asleep again.

You and Heizou began walking to the student council room. You were anxious to find out what all the fuss was about, but also just happy to be near Heizou. Your train of thoughts was interrupted as he spoke. "Sooo whaddya think they need us for? Ooo, maybe they have a super top secret investigation for us?" His tone was as playful and casual as ever. It almost pissed you off. If only he knew the inner turmoil and distress he evoked in you.

"I wish..." You replied as you two reached the door of the student council room.

"After you." Heizou opened the door and as you walked in you were greeted by a strange sight.

Representatives from other clubs where there Aw well. Kokomi and Xinqiu, Thoma and Ayaka, Chongyun and Hu tao, and Barbara and Venti. Ayato was stood at the head of the table with Ganyu and Keqing sat on opposite sides of him. The room was buzzing with energy and noise. Venti looked around the room and caught sight of you.

"Y/N, my beloved, and Heizou! Please take a seat besides us!" He stood up and pulled out two chairs for you.

You both took a seat and waited to figure out what the hell was going on. Eventually a commanding voice filled the room.

It was Ayato. "Settle down everyone. I'm sure you're wondering why you've all been gathered here today-"

Before he could continue Hu Tao spoke up. "Ooo! Did someone die? Can we bring the body to the occult club?" Heizou played into the idea. "If that's the case, the detective club will find out the cause of death~."

"No one died. Please quiet down and allow Ayato to speak!" Keqing demanded.

"Thank you Keqing. As I was saying, there's an important reason you're all here today. You're clubs aren't generating any money to keep them running. We have to shut them down."

The room immediately became filled with panic. Everyone began talking amongst themselves again. You almost had a heart attack.

"You can't shut us down! Literature is very important!" Xinqiu cried out. You had never seen him so passionate about anything like that.

"Excuse me! Please be silent! He isn't finished speaking." Ganyu shouted.

"Thank you Ganyu." Ayato began. "Ahem, we have a suggestion for you all to generate enough income to keep your clubs running... A cosplay maid and butler cafe."

The room was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Jaws practically hit the floor as you touched the temple of your forehead.

"You may all speak now..." Ayato said, a smug smile on his face.

The room immediately filled with the sound of nervous voices. Kokomi, Xinqiu and Hu tao appeared unfazed.

"I actually kinda like the idea. Sounds super fun.~" Hu Tao hummed. "What do you think, Xinqiu?"

"I think the idea is lovely. Personally, I think I'd look amazing in a maid dress."

You stared at the book nerd boy in shock. "Seriously?"

Just then Kokomi began to speak up. "Thoma, Ayaka, I have a question. Why hasn't your club just sold some of food you make? It could easily be profitable."

Thoma looked pretty embarrassed at the question. "Well... Noelle plays sports and has quite the big appetite, so she takes a lot of food with her to eat. As for Xiangling, her stomach is basically just a black hole!" The blonde boy exclaimed.

Ayaka turned to Ayato with a concerned look on her face. "Uhm, brother, do I really have to wear a maid cosplay? Isn't there any other way?"

"I'm afraid not, however the Cooking Club wouldn't have to put on the waiter and waitress costumes. You all would be in charge of preparing the food." Ayato answered.

Thoma and Ayaka let out a huge sigh of relief. Barbara saw this and began to speak up. "Uhm... Is it possible that the music club could perform live music instead of serving customers?"

Ayato pondered for a moment, but then smiled at the idea."I suppose so."

"Oh, oh! And could we wear idol costumes?" Venti asked cheerfully.

"Sure." Ayato responded plainly.

The room continued buzzing.

"Honestly I don't mind the idea too much. It sounds kinda fun~." You said to Heizou, who seemed to match your energy.

Just then, Amber came bursting through the door, breathing heavily. "S-sorry I'm late. Didja tell them already?"

"Where have you been?" Ganyu asked.

"Well, I was running in the hallway to make it to the meeting... but Mr. Zhongli stopped me. He gave me a 10 minute long lecture on the importance of patience and a bunch of other stuff I didn't pay attention to." Amber replied meekly.

"As a respectable member of the student council, why were you running in the halls anyways?" Keqing questioned.

"I- uhm- well- SO ARE YA GUYS EXCITED FOR THIS MAID CAFE OR WHAT?"

Everyone was now happy about the idea. "I'll get your dresses and suits tailored immediately. No need to worry about the cost, since I'm personally willing to invest in this. Everything will be ready in a week." Ayato said calmly.

Great. Now all that was left was to break it to your fellow club members.

Back at the club room~

"No way in hell am I wearing a maid dress!" Kuki yelled.

"I don't really wanna have to talk to all those people." Xiao mumbled. Those two clearly weren't very fond of the idea. Meanwhile Yanfei and Kazuha seemed quite pleased.

"Sounds pretty cool!" Yanfei beamed. "I hope my dress turns out nice. C'mon Kuki~. It'll be fun!"

Kuki thought for a moment. Eventually she let out a large sigh and caved in. "I suppose. As long as it's only for the day."

"I'm not opposed to the idea either. Xiao, please reconsider. I'd rather the club not be forced to shut down." Kazuha said softly.

Xiao began to mutter while staring at the floor. "Alright, alright... But those cooking club members better pray they can make one hell of an almond tofu."

"Maybe, I was considering asking them for some nice deep fried mozzarella sticks~." Heizou hummed, clearly having heard the teal haired boy.

"Are you guys done talking about food yet?..." You asked.

This was gonna be quite the interesting experience

A week later you walked into the cooking club room, shocked at its drastic changes. A curtain was placed in front of kitchen to conceal it. There were tables with vases filled with flowers all around the room. It was colorfully decorated with pastel garlands, fairy lights and confetti all over the ground. There was a sign at the entrance that read "Welcome, please wait to be seated." You looked to your right and saw a small wooden stage, where Venti, Xinyan, Barbara and Yunjin were setting up their equipment. Venti was tuning his guitar, Xinyan was testing out her drum and there was a keyboard it appeared no one was going to use. They were all dressed in colorful idol costumes. Xinyan wore a red dress with black and white checkered accents. Barbara was wearing a poofy blue and white dress with small golden accents. Instead of her usual twin tornado tails, her hair was down and nicely curled. Yunjin had on a knee length maroon pink dress with purple heels underneath. The dress was covered in all sorts of colorful roses. Venti surprisingly looked pretty good too. (However the lovely author couldn't really describe the suit he was wearing sooo imagine a suit version of the outfit below. Yes I know I'm very smart, on with the story)

(I think this is bandori or love live idfk)

"Yunjin? You look amazing! I didn't know you'd be here." You remarked, looking at the raven haired girl.

"Xinyan asked me to sing along with Barbara, and it sounded very fun. Also I heard Xiangling was going to be cooking and I can't pass up on an opportunity to eat her amazing cuisine."

"Yunjin is amazing! She's gonna make this performance really rock!" Xinyan beamed.

"Well, sadly, we aren't actually performing any rock n' roll songs this time. But it will rock nonetheless, I hope!" Barbara replied.

"Y/N dear~ Do me a favor and come here for a moment." You looked over to teal eyed guitarist, who looked to be craving your attention. You let out a sigh and climbed onto the stage as the three others continued talking. The moment you got onto the stage you were pulled into a tight, suffocating, hug.

"Venti. Let me go." Venti acted as though you never said that and squeezed you even tighter.

"Wish me luck on my performance Y/N~" He uttered. "C-can't... breathe..."

Just as those words (barely) left your mouth, Heizou walked in.

"Hey guy- whoa am I interrupting some sorta sentimental moment?"

Venti finally let you go as you gasped for air. You took a moment to recover your breath and just said,"Nah, just Venti being a dumbass."

"Hey!" Venti yelled a fake frown falling on him.

"Y/N, please do not use such foul language." Suddenly, Ganyu emerged from behind the curtain.

"Sorry- uh- Miss Ganyu!" You said. You immediately face palmed once you realized how stupid that was.

"Miss Ganyu? Y/N there's no need to be so formal." Ganyu said, a little flustered by your words. Just then, Xiangling came out from behind the curtain as well.

"Hey Ganyu, could you taste test this meaty mushroom skewer for me?"

"I- I'm on a strict vegan diet. Although that skewer is very tempting... I'm afraid I'll have to decline." Ganyu said, trying to muster up all the willpower she had to refuse. Xiangling rolled her eyes playfully and slipped back into the kitchen. You and the others could hear the voices of the Cooking Club members. Over the sounds of pans clattering and utensils clinking, you couldn't tell which voice was who's, other than Thoma, since he was the only male.

"Xiangling! You can't eat that it's a bar of soap!" He yelled.

"If it's soap, why does look and taste so yummy?!"

"Oh my, you're going to be burping bubbles for a while after this."

"Do you need to lie down for a while? I'll grab you some water to wash it down-"

"No way! I'm even more motivated to cook now!"

"I propose we just leave that alone." Heizou said, as you leaped down from the stage.

Just then Amber and Keqing walked in, wheeling a large clothing rack filled with maid and butler costumes. Each outfit had a sign with a name on it.

"Keqing, Amber, you're here. Y/N, Heizou, since you're the only waiters here, please put on your costumes." Ganyu said politely.

(You can imagine the outfit differently if you wish, I just tried to make it best for gender neutral readers <3) You took the outfit that had "Y/N" above it. It was a F/C (favorite color) pant suit with a cute matching bow tie and a boutonnière. You went to go change. Once you had slipped into the outfit an exited the changing room you saw Heizou who had also just finished changing. He had his hair was slicked back and was wearing thin black glasses. He had on a black and red tuxedo and pants, a black tie, and a white button down underneath.
(Yet another reference image)

You took a moment to marvel at how handsome he looked. He turned to you and spoke. "Y/N, you look super spiffy~!"

"You're looking pretty good too, I like the glasses~." You both gave each other a small smile before stepping back into the makeshift cafe. Everyone was there now, dressed up in their cosplays rushing to get everything ready.

"Peekaboo!" Yelled Hu Tao, jumping in front of you and Heizou.

She was wearing a brown, white and red maid dress with lots of frills. You let out a small shriek at her jumpscare. Chongyun saw this and rushed over. He was dressed in an icy blue suit and black pants and had an array of fake golden rings on all his fingers.

"Hu Tao, please don't do that when our customers arrive..." He spoke softly, disappointed at the starry eyed girl.

Just then Sucrose came running in, she seemed very flustered. "Hu Tao, Chongyun, do I look alright...?" She pointed to her green and white maid dress. On her head sat a matching frilly headband.

"Personally thou believes you look simply exquisite, Sucrose." Fischls voice boomed from behind.

She was dressed in a lolita styled purple and black dress. She wore a black petticoat underneath in order to increase the volume. She had a red contact in and a black eyepatch on her left eye.

"What's her deal?" Heizou whispered in your ear.

"Honestly... I'm not quite sure." You whispered back.

Sucrose smiled and turned to face the blonde girl. "T-thank you. Your name is Prinzessin, right?" 

"No, my name is Fischl von Luftschloss Narfidort, my title is Prinzessin der Verurteilung. Bestowed upon me by the ravens of my land, the Immernachtreich."

"Amy, could you come over here for a moment?" A soft female voice said.

You looked over to see Kokomi and Xinqiu, who were trying to rehang some fairy lights that had fallen.  Kokomi had on a pastel pink and blue corseted dress with a cotton pattern on the bottom. Xinqiu had actually followed up on the maid dress idea, he wore a navy blue and white dress with white thigh high stockings on his legs.

"Damn, he actually looks pretty fabulous." You muttered. Heizou nodded slowly in response, his gaze wide and his eyebrows raised.

"K-Koko! Don't call me Amy!" Fischl said as she ran over to the two.

"Chongyun! Could you come taste test this food for me!" You heard Xiangling yell from the kitchen.

"I'll be back in a moment." The blue haired boy said, stepping behind the curtain.

"XIANGLING YOU DOLT! I CAN'T EAT THAT, IT'S TOO SPICY."

"OPEN WIDE CHONGYUNNN."

You suddenly heard a loud crash.

"O-oh my! Is he alright?!" Noelle yelled.

"He'll be fine, he'll wake up in like 2 or 3 minutes... Or an hour." Xiangling responded lightly.

Hu Tao scoffed and sighed. "Ayaya, poor Chongyun."

"Do... you think he'll be alright?" Sucrose asked timidly.

"Barely." You responded.

"Xiangling sure seems liked a handful. Her food is amazing though." Heizou remarked, a bit weirded out by the situation.

Hu Tao skipped off towards the stage. "I'm gonna go bother the band, see ya!" Sucrose followed after her. "W-wait for me!"

"That Hu Tao girl is pretty spunky, she should join the Detective Club." Heizou suggested.

"She can be a bit too spunky..." You corrected.

Out of nowhere, Kuki and Yanfei bursted through the door.

"Oh good we made it in time!" Said Yanfei, dressed in a pink and gold maid dress with ribbons along the bottom and black tights underneath. Her pink hair was styled into two neat space buns.

"Thank fucking god I convinced them not to make me wear a maid dress..." Kuki added, she had on a black suit vest and pants.

Underneath was mauve tie and short sleeve white button down. Her mid length hair was in two low pigtails.

"You both look cute!" You exclaimed cheerfully

. "Aww thanks Y/N." Yanfei cooed.

"Sigh I was going for sophisticated, not cute. Ayato insisted I put my hair into pigtails though..." Kuki murmured.

Next, Kazuha and Xiao walked through the door. Xiao looked a little grumpy while Kazuha had a soft smile on his face.

Kazuha looked down at his outfit and smiled. "I think this suits me well."

His tuxedo was red with a black button down underneath. It did indeed suit him well.

"Mine feels uncomfortable..." Xiao said, fidgeting around. His suit was a lovely teal and he had a black bowtie to contrast his white polo.

"Looking good fellas!" Heizou complimented.

"The whole Detective Club is definitely best dressed." You beamed.

Soon, you heard a familiar commanding voice coming from behind you.

It was Ayato. "Thank you for your cooperation everyone. The cafe will open shortly." He turned towards the stage. "Music, please."

Hu Tao and Sucrose jumped off of the stage. Sucrose almost fell, but Hu Tao helped her to maintain her balance. Xinyan and Venti began playing their instruments and Barbara and Yunjin soon started vocalizing along to the music.

Customers quickly began pouring in. You noticed one of the social studies teachers, Mrs Miko, walk in with Mrs. Ei, the principal.

"Table for two, please." Mrs. Miko said to Kokomi, who swiftly guided them to an empty table and handed them two menus.

Kokomi smiled at the two ladies and pulled out a tiny notepad. "Let me know when you're ready to order"

Mrs. Miko examined the menu. "Oh Ei, isn't this wonderful? It should be a permanent part of the school! I'll take the fried tofu please."

The purple haired woman in front of her continued to stare at the menu. "It would distract the students from their studies, Miko. I'll take two sakura mochi's and a tri-colored dango please."

Kokomi nodded, wrote down their orders and walked to the kitchen.

(This next paragraph might be unclear but I don't ship scaramona btw- cool ship tho! I just don't wanna start debates)

"Ah, Y/N, let's go help serve the customers. " Heizou said.

You went to go greet two peculiar blue haired customers. It was Mona and Scaramouche. You didn't know other of them super well. They both appeared to be angry about something.

"Table for two." Mona proclaimed.

"Right this way." You guided them an empty table and they sat down, refusing to look each other in the eyes.

"So uh are you two on a date or something?" You didn't think so, you just wanted to cut the awkward tension.

"Ew no. I'd never date a tramp like her." Scaramouche replied.

Mona laughed at the meer thought. "Why does everyone assume we're romantically involved with each other?. Gross. We're just here to see who's superior. Scaramouche here says that he can eat more than me, which is obviously not true!"

"Of course it's true! I'm a guy! We'll take two of everything please." Scara rebutted.

"I-wow that's a hefty order..." You muttered.

Fischl came rushing over, she looked confused. "Mona, dearest companion, did I just harken that thou are on a date with this Scaramouche fellow?"

"No! Fischl, you probably have customers to serve. Go on now." Mona replied, embarrassed.

"Very well." Before leaving, Fischl turned to Scaramouche. "Scaramouche, assuming you can stay true to your honorable name, would it be appropriate to ask you to do the fandango?"

You all just blankly stared at the blonde girl, dumbfounded.

"I shall take that as a no. Farewell!" She exited the scene with a dramatic flip of her blonde hair.

"I'll uh, go submit your order." You said as you rushed to the kitchen.

When you entered you saw Heizou and Kazuha telling customers orders to Ayaka and Thoma, who were working hard to cook alongside with Noelle and Xiangling. Chongyun's unconscious body was still sitting in the corner, but you didn't pay attention to that.

"Guys! We have customers who want two of everything!" You yelled. All the chefs collectively let out a groan.

"This is a true culinary challenge. I'm sure we'll prevail." Ayaka said, continuing to completely focus on her cooking.

While you waited for the order to be ready, you decided to quit ignoring Chongyun and try to wake him up. You went to the freezer and took out an ice pack. You walked over to Chongyun and set it on his forehead. You felt a tap on your shoulder, it was Heizou.

"Sup partner?" You asked.

"Why're you giving him an ice pack?" The red haired boy questioned.

Your mind once again circled to how handsome he looked in his suit but you knew you couldn't allow yourself to get distracted.

"He has an unusual condition where heat strongly overwhelms him. When he wakes up he might behave... strangely." You replied.

Chongyun began to stir and muttered in his sleep. "Xiangling....no...." he muttered.

"We should leave him alone." You said.

You and Heizou continued to chat for a while until he left to go deliver his order. A couple minutes later Mona and Scaramouches order was ready. Xiangling handed you three large, round metal food trays that had all the food on it before quickly continuing to cook. You quickly realized you couldn't balance all of them. You scanned around the room for help and spotted Xiao.

"X-Xiao!" You called, about to drop all the food. Without saying a word Xiao quickly rushed over to you and took two of the trays. "Thanks! Can you help me take these to Scara and Mona?"

"Of course." He replied.

You never realized it before, but he had kind looking eyes. The two of you walked over the table and carefully set down each dish.

"I'll take these trays back to the kitchen Y/N." Xiao said, turning to leave.

"Thanks a ton!"

"How the hell did you get that guy to be so nice? He was a total ass before. Not as much of an ass as Scaramouche, but still an ass." Mona asked.

"Will you shut up about asses!" Scara yelled.

"Kazuha worked his magic on him. I'm not sure how he did it." You replied.

"Can you guys shut up so we can start this contest?" Scara demanded.

"Alright! Y/N, please be our referee." Mona added.

"Hey don't drag me into this, I'm just a waiter-"

"Let's do this!" Scara yelled as he immediately reached for some jade parcels.

You watched the two of them hog down on the food. Halfway through they both started to look sick, but somehow kept eating, although much slower because neither of them wanted to choke. They were both nearing the end of their array of dishes, neck and neck. They both had chicken-mushroom skewers they needed to finish. They both were out of breath and looked completely stuffed. Mona, fueled by pure pride, pulled through and finished it all. Scaramouche was still only halfway finished with his skewer.

"Mona wins!" You announced.

Carefully rubbing her victory in his face, Mona stuck her tongue out. "I did it, I won! Take that Scara! DE-LI-CIOUS!"

"Ugh whatever. Let's just pay and leave already. I'm not exactly fond of weirdo maid cafes..." Scara groaned, reaching for his wallet. He searched his pockets for a while, but it appeared he wasn't able to find his money.

"Awkward..." You commented while nudging Heizou, who snickered slightly.

"M-my wallet is missing!" Scaramouche yelled.

Suddenly Heizou had appeared right behind you, an excited look on his face. "A missing wallet, sounds like a job for Detective Club!"

"There's no need. I have it." Mona held the plain brown wallet up in her hands.

"Why the fuck did you steal my wallet?!"

Mona looked away timidly but spoke proudly. "I'm kind of strapped for cash at the moment, so as the loser you've gotta pay!"

"Oh Ei, look! They're making the workers play games! How fun~." Mrs. Miko hummed. "I have an idea. You! Short boys over there. I want to see you arm wrestle." She was talking about Heizou and Kazuha, who was walking past at the moment.

"Well I guess I'm not fulfilling any orders at the moment..." Kazuha said.

"I'm not busy either. Let's do this." Heizou agreed.

"I wanna watch~." You hummed.

The three of you headed over to where Mrs. Miko and Mrs. Ei were sitting. Mrs. Ei was too busy munching on her dango to pay attention. Heizou and Kazuha pulled up chairs on opposites sides of the small table and set their arms down.

"I'll be the referee. Begin!" You proclaimed. The two boys grabbed each other's hand and began the battle of strength. Mrs. Miko looked quite content with the situation. As time passed and the intensity rose the boys started breathing more heavily. Slowly, Heizou began pushing Kazuhas hand to the table, before finally slamming it down and winning.

"Heizou wins!" You exclaimed. You wanted to hug him, but resisted the urge.

"Kazuha, we need you!" You heard Yanfei yell. "I've been bested. Good game Heizou." Kazuha said, before rushing to help Yanfei.

Mrs. Miko spoke up. "I want to see more. Other short boy! Come over here." She was pointing to Xiao, who was on his break and snacking on some almond tofu.

(From the official genshin anthology)

He set down his tofu and walked over to the table with a concerned look on his face.

"What's wrong?"

Mrs. Miko laughed. "Nothing at all. Please, arm wrestle your friend over there."

Heizou gave a small smile.

"Oh... alright." Xiao said. The two interlocked hands.

"Begin!" You yelled.

Xiao immediately slammed Heizou's hand onto the table. Heizou had a shocked look on his face, meanwhile Xiao looked completely unfazed.

"Damn..." You thought.

"How surprising." Mrs. Ei said, finally finished with all her desserts.

"Surprising indeed. We'll have to find a new opponent for this fellow." Mrs Miko chimed in.

Suddenly, Chongyun emerged from the kitchen. His face was tinted pink and his eyebrows were furrowed.

"Uh oh..." You said under your breath.

"Miko, what about that young man right there?" Mrs. Ei said, her eyes directed towards Chongyun.

"Perfect! You, blue boy! Come over here."

"Me?" You heard Xinqiu say.

"No, the light blue boy! Come and arm wrestle." Miko replied.

Chongyun's attention had finally been caught and he walked over. Each step more firm than the last. Heizou quickly lept out of his chair and hid behind you. Xiao still had an emotionless look on his face. Without saying a word, Chongyun sat down and extended his arm to Xiao. Xiao took it and without your signal they began the arm wrestle. Everyone was holding their breath in suspense as the two used their strength against each other. Even Mrs. Ei's curiosity was piqued. Xiao started to gain the upper hand, Chongyun's hand was nearing the table. The two maintained complete eye contact as Chongyun suddenly slammed Xiao's hand against the table and let out a heavy breath. Everyone was shocked, including Xiao.

"Very entertaining~!" Mrs. Miko said in utter amusement.

"A shocking outcome. Mmm! Miko, this dango is to die for!" Mrs. Ei added, seemingly not so interested in the match after all.

Before any of you could say anything Chongyun stood up and walked towards the stage. He climbed onto it and headed towards the keyboard.

"Chongyun?" Xinyan said, as the performance ceased. Still remaining silent, Chongyun began to play an oddly impressive solo. It seemed his odd reaction to heat had sparked a hidden talent.

"Rock on dude!" Xinyan said enthusiastically. The band continued their performance, with Chongyun playing along.

"Damn Y/N, you were right. He's acting a bit weird to say the least..." Heizou said, in complete confusion.

"Told ya." You replied, not shocked at all.

"Yoimiya, it's tofu, not beans! I'll be fineeeee."

You looked over to see Kuki, taking Yoimiya and Itto's orders.

"Itto, tofu is made of beans!" Kuki groaned.

"Huh- WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THAT?! NO WONDER I GOT SICK AFTER THAT TOFU EATING CONTEST..."

"Uh, he'll take black-back perch stew and I'll have the bird egg sushi." Yoimiya hid slightly behind her menu, embarrassed by her boyfriends dumbfounding stupidity.

Kuki quickly scribbled down their orders and headed to the kitchen. "Good choices."

You and Heizou looked at each other and giggled. "Hey, it's kinda stuffy in here. Do you wanna take a break and go outside?" He whispered to you.

Turning to him, you smiled. "Mmm ya sure we won't get in trouble with the student council?" It was almost a rhetorical question, you knew you couldn't pass us some alone time with Heizou.

He gave you a small chuckle and let out a playful reply "Not if we're sneaky~!"

Soon, the two of you were sat on a bench in front of the school. Looking at the purple and orange setting sun. You both enjoyed the fresh air.

"Another lovely day." You said, in awe at the view.

"Yep." He said softly.

A fatigue quickly washed over you. It seemed all the action of the day had hit you. In your tiredness, suddenly you had an idea. You thought back to the night that Heizou had brought you back home. You knew how to settle the score.

"But it isn't as lovely as you~" You said warmly, your eyes on the verge of shutting already. It was cheesy, but effective.

And the next thing you knew, you were fast asleep, leaving Heizou completely flustered.

"Y/N?"

*Hm, guess all that work tired them out. I was gonna ask to arm wrestle them so I could hold their hand...Might as well do it now.*

He grabbed your hand and squeezed it softly, still staring at the beautiful sky. Too bad you wouldn't know this happened.

Maybe one day, he'd do it again.

Y'all.... This chapter was over 5000 words. IT TOOK SO LONG. PER USUAL IF YOU LIKED IT PLS VOTE SO I CAN SHARE MY STORIES WITH MORE PEOPLE <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 95 22
PART 3 IS HERE Y'ALL!! All images in this fanfic do NOT belong to me, all credits go to the artists! This is a oneshot book for both straight/gay shi...
15.3K 313 14
This is just a story about our main character going on a mission to another world called teyvat.Genshin Impact does not belong to me nor the characte...
2.6K 134 18
Kaedehara Kazuha has been living with his adoptive parents since he was 15, after an unfortunate accident. After 4 years, he finally returns to Inazu...
74.2K 1.8K 16
❝ 𝗼𝗵, 𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻, he's hot ❞ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 a girl meets a boy and falls for him [xiao x fem!reader ;; modern au] ©hoyoverse, lilipichi 2021-22