Shoot, We're Broke!

Poor ass Zhongli kinnies

It'd been weeks since you had gone to the park with Heizou. Neither of you had mentioned what he said, and you were pretty certain he'd forgotten about it. Meanwhile, it was practically all you could think about. You knew he was simply the flirty type, but just thinking about it still made you feel flustered.

The Detective Club was having an ordinary meeting. "Xiao, can you pass me my backpack?" You turned to the amber eyed boy. You had gotten closer to him in the past few weeks. He was still pretty antisocial, but you could at least make small talk with him. He gave you a small smile as he walked over with your backpack and set it down beside you. Peaceful.

Kazuha was trying improve his haiku writing skills in the corner, Yanfei and Kuki were discussing what it takes to get into law school and Xiao was napping at the interrogation desk. You and Heizou giggled at the sight, contemplating drawing on his face, but ultimately deciding you'd both rather not face his wrath. The day was calm and perfect.

Suddenly Ganyu burst into the room, waking up the napping Xiao. "Detective Club! Please send two representatives to the student council room immediately. Thank you." Before anyone could ask any questions, Ganyu had already rushed out the door.

"What was that about?" Kazuha asked.

"Beats me." Yanfei replied, equally confused.

"Seemed pretty urgent." Added Kuki.

Xiao, just wanting to go to sleep again, made a suggestion. "Y/N, Heizou, you two go. You're kinda like our leaders, or whatever."

"I'm not opposed to the idea. What about you Y/N?"

"Let's go! I just hope we're not in trouble or something..."

You and Heizou said your goodbyes to the other club members, careful as to not wake up Xiao, who had fallen asleep again.

You and Heizou began walking to the student council room. You were anxious to find out what all the fuss was about, but also just happy to be near Heizou. Your train of thoughts was interrupted as he spoke. "Sooo whaddya think they need us for? Ooo, maybe they have a super top secret investigation for us?" His tone was as playful and casual as ever. It almost pissed you off. If only he knew the inner turmoil and distress he evoked in you.

"I wish..." You replied as you two reached the door of the student council room.

"After you." Heizou opened the door and as you walked in you were greeted by a strange sight.

Representatives from other clubs where there Aw well. Kokomi and Xinqiu, Thoma and Ayaka, Chongyun and Hu tao, and Barbara and Venti. Ayato was stood at the head of the table with Ganyu and Keqing sat on opposite sides of him. The room was buzzing with energy and noise. Venti looked around the room and caught sight of you.

"Y/N, my beloved, and Heizou! Please take a seat besides us!" He stood up and pulled out two chairs for you.

You both took a seat and waited to figure out what the hell was going on. Eventually a commanding voice filled the room.

It was Ayato. "Settle down everyone. I'm sure you're wondering why you've all been gathered here today-"

Before he could continue Hu Tao spoke up. "Ooo! Did someone die? Can we bring the body to the occult club?" Heizou played into the idea. "If that's the case, the detective club will find out the cause of death~."

"No one died. Please quiet down and allow Ayato to speak!" Keqing demanded.

"Thank you Keqing. As I was saying, there's an important reason you're all here today. You're clubs aren't generating any money to keep them running. We have to shut them down."