πŽππ‹πˆπ•πˆπŽπ | the umbrel...

By LavenderSugarplum

Once, the Umbrella Academy was unstoppable. Under the tutelage of their guardian and mentor, Dr. Reginald Har... More

β˜‚οΈŽ α΄…Ιͺsα΄„ΚŸα΄€Ιͺᴍᴇʀ
β“˜ π—Œπ—‚π—‹ 𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗅𝖽 π–½π—‚π—Œπ–Όπ—ˆπ—π–Ύπ—‹π—‚π–Ύπ—Œ #𝟣
➜ dramatis personae
➜ dramatis personae cont.
VOLUME 1 ── APOCALYPSE SUITE
π—½π—Όπ˜„π—²π—Ώ 𝗳𝗢𝗹𝗲 ; π—Œπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ—ˆπ—‡ π—ˆπ—‡π–Ύ
π•»Κ€α΄ΚŸα΄α΄œΙ’α΄‡
we haven't much time...
𝟎𝟏 death of the monocle!
𝟎𝟐 checkmate
πŸŽπŸ‘ his cold, dead eyes
πŸŽπŸ’ i think we're alone now

π”’π”Ÿπ”©π”¦π”³π”¦π”¬π”«

1.8K 40 23
By LavenderSugarplum

𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐍.

He saw it in her eyes.
The anguish, the frustration.
The terrible nothing that
clawed inside and sought to smother her.
She knew. It was there, inside.
She had been broken.
brandon sanderson

OBLIVION
❝solitude can do funny things to the mind❞

ZERO:
"N-No... no, no, wait, I didn't mean to-"

MEERA:
"It doesn't matter if you meant to. It's done. Now, come on. We have work to do."

𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘. . .

▋ ────── ; (CURIOUSER AND CURIOUSER)
✧・゚*:・゚➽ anguish, vengeance, and death. . .

ANGUISH GOES BY MANY FORMS. As in the wise words of Steve Erikson: The soul knows no greater anguish than to take a breath that begins with love and ends with grief. Just by the way it sounds from the tip of the tongue, you instantly understand the despair. The experience of Anguish is a matter of fate, an eternity of isolation, grief, loss of hope and pain. Trials of anguish and despair can always vary from person to person. It could go by a spaceboy living in a black and white world, A man with daddy issues, a woman who's life thrived through rumors and lies, a hopeless drug addict who carries a trail of death along with him, a man who holds a beast inside, a man who had nothing extraordinary about him and was deemed an outcast from the rest of his family or It could be the face of a boy that loses his entire family all because of stubborn pride. But sometimes anguish can go by the name of ZERO.

A young girl that is no stranger to the tortures of anguish. a young girl who would inevitably succumb to life's cruelties. A 13 year old who went through hell and back over a simple desire.

Every night the same terror and delirium, and every morning, the same nightmare.

In her youth, Zero was keenly aware of her incongruous presence in this world. The dearth of records about her and the dismal chamber that served as her confinement left her with an acute sense of her own illegitimacy. Her choices, too, seemed to consistently diverge from the norm, from what was expected, from what was deemed sacred. She was never truly considered a member of her own family until the moment of her untimely passing. And yet, perhaps it was her unquenchable yearning for the snuffing out of her own flame that spoke most poignantly to her sense of displacement. For only in death could she hope to reunite with her beloved brother, her mother, and her friend, who had all passed on to the other side.

She would frequently try to picture how her true parents might seem. In all honesty, she had trouble thinking of any mother but by Grace Hargreeves. With her friendly smile and loving aura. She would also envision her own version of a father. She would wonder what he would look like? How he would sound? Would he look like her, with dark hair and gray eyes? Is he alive? He liked kids, right? and instead of the persistently directed frigid fury, all she would experience is affection and security. All of these concerns seemed to intensify as she grew older, but she never lost sight of her biological father, and she developed a profound hatred for Reginald despite her love for the children born on October 1, 1989. Though her eyes started to blur until atlas she lost sight of her father when she found out what truly lies beneath.

With all she's been through, she should resent them with a burning passion. Hate them. For every instance they frolicked and explored a world beyond her reach, for every moment they reveled in the joys of childhood, for every bond they shared that she could never hope to attain, envy and rage could have consumed her. The ease with which they could pack their bags and venture forth without a second thought, while she had no say in the matter, could have been a source of bitterness. And yet, despite it all, she carries on with a grace and fortitude that is nothing short of remarkable.

Where else would she go, anyways?

Whither would she wander, when the world had no place for one such as her? Her unique circumstance, defying the bounds of time, would inevitably draw the attention of those around her. Suspicion would fester like a malignant growth, spreading through the populace like a contagion. And in a world where ignorance could lead to catastrophic missteps, the consequences of being misunderstood and ostracized could be dire indeed. It is a cruel fate to be denied the simple pleasure of belonging, to be relegated to a life of solitude and isolation due to circumstances beyond one's control.

Imagine a life confined within the four walls of a house, never venturing beyond the threshold, never tasting the sweet and bitter flavors of the world beyond. Such was the fate of Zero, a soul caged by the fear instilled in her by her guardian, Reginald. He had spun tales of a world rife with darkness, a realm where demons roamed free and the most malevolent of humanity lurked in wait. And so, she had lived a cloistered existence, shielded from the dangers that lay beyond. Yet, even in death, Reginald's words still held sway over her, and she could not help but imagine the censure he would voice were he to see her now, daring to step out into the unknown. But despite her trepidation, she felt a stirring within her, a longing to break free from the stultifying confines of her sheltered life and experience the world in all its tumultuous glory. For there was a yearning within her, a thirst for adventure and discovery, that could no longer be denied.

The tendrils of desire should have crept upon her like vines in the dark jungle, ensnaring her in a web of emotions too complex to comprehend. She should have been engulfed in a maelstrom of feelings, tossed about like a ship in a stormy sea. Waves of anger, envy, and despair should have relentlessly crashed and dragged her further from the shore, leaving her gasping for air. And yet, ever since her birth, she had felt as if her head was submerged in the depths of a bottomless ocean. But even in the midst of it all, she could not bring herself to harbor ill will towards the children, for they too were victims of her father's cruel ways. They too had suffered at his hands, ever since they too had displayed their unique abilities. She could not hate her supposed "siblings," just as she could never truly hate her father, for in the end, they were all prisoners of circumstance, trapped within the confines of a fate beyond their control.

Zero's very existence was an aberration, a deviation from the natural order of things. She was never meant to be brought into this world, much less to have her presence acknowledged. She was a variant, a deviation from the norm, a mere concept given flesh and bone. An idea taking shape, an illustration brought to life, a personification of the impossible. And yet, despite the incongruity of her existence, she was undeniably real. A living, breathing being, with thoughts and feelings all her own, and a soul that burned with a fierce intensity.

To the world, The Monocle had 5 sons and 2 daughters. That's how it was supposed to be.

At first.

The thought of bidding farewell to the people who had become her family after her father's passing was almost too much for Zero to bear. The one person who held the key to her heart had been taken from her far too soon, leaving a void that could never be filled. If she had the power, she would have bargained with the divine and taken his place in the great beyond. To lose her only home was a thought too unbearable to contemplate. She had never asked for this fate, but she knew that life, death, and love did not discriminate between sinners and saints. The finality of death did not hold the same terror for her as it did for most. Death was not a heartless monster to be feared, but rather another stage of life. From the womb to the tomb, life was a cycle, a series of interconnected stages that led to inevitable conclusions. And so, even in the face of loss and grief, Zero found solace in the knowledge that death was not an end, but merely a transition to a new beginning.

Zero didn't fear death.

They despised it.

She despised the very thing that people feared.

Because it took everything from her.

They took everything from her.

In a strange and unsettling way, Zero found herself admiring Death as well.

Despite her loathing, there was a morbid fascination that drew her to the great unknown. She had made countless attempts to confront Death, frantically seeking out its presence in a hopeless bid to understand its terrible power. She yearned to experience the full extent of its dreadful splendor, to glimpse the abyss that lay beyond the veil of life. And yet, despite her best efforts, Death remained elusive, slipping through her grasp time and time again.

From the perspective of others, her behavior might have seemed like that of a child with a death wish.

A lot things reminded her of death.

Her Best Friend.

Her Friends.

Her Family.

Her "Family".

Five Hargreeves.

The mere mention of the name "Five Hargreeves" was enough to stir a deep and abiding resentment within Zero. It was an infuriating moniker, one that brought back memories of a young boy whose intellect she had admired from afar. A boy who had been gifted with every advantage that life could offer, yet who had thrown it all away in a reckless bid for power and control.

When she thought of Five Hargreeves, she could not help but see him as a kind of Icarus, soaring too close to the sun and ultimately falling to his doom. And yet, unlike the doomed Greek hero, Five had not been content to simply perish in his folly. No, he had dragged others down with him, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. It was a bitter pill to swallow, knowing that someone with such promise could squander it so easily, while others like herself were left to struggle and suffer with little hope of reprieve. In the end, Zero could not help but see Five Hargreeves as a tragic figure, a cautionary tale of the dangers of ambition and hubris.

But how was she supposed to respond when he appeared after a 16-year absence, claiming that the end of the world was nigh?

She swore that boy was going to be the death of her.

Zero had never expected anything but pain, despair, and death from the world around her. And yet, when the universe finally granted her a chance at life, it seemed as though all hell had broken loose. She had made a deal with the devil, a pact that would lead her down a path of bloodshed and violence. The consequences of that fateful decision would haunt her every step, the blood that soaked her hands and knees leaving a permanent stain on her soul. The body count began to rise, a testament to the retribution she had wrought upon others, and perhaps upon herself as well. The trail of bloody footsteps followed her relentlessly, a grim reminder of the price she had paid for her second chance at life. In the end, she knew that there would be no escaping the consequences of her actions, that the weight of her sins would crush her beneath their burden until there was nothing left.

Or maybe to they're downfall.

Things would never be the same except that every night, the same terror and delirium and every morning the same....nightmare.

Death had been a constant companion to Zero, a shadow that loomed over her every thought and action. She had imagined its embrace so frequently that it had begun to feel less like a possibility and more like a memory. The thought of crossing over to the other side no longer held the same terror it once had, for she had grown accustomed to the idea of her own mortality. And yet, even as she contemplated the inevitability of her own demise, there was a sense of sadness that clung to her heart. For in the end, death was a thief that stole away not just the living, but the memories and dreams that they held dear. It was a reminder of the fleeting nature of existence, a fleeting moment in time that could be snuffed out in an instant. And so, even as she faced the prospect of her own mortality, Zero clung to the hope that her legacy would endure, that the memories of those she loved would persist long after she was gone.

Such a tragically bittersweet tale—a story of a young girl forced to grow up too fast and become a monster in order to survive. In the end, her journey had led her to a bleeding, brokenhearted conclusion, cradled in the arms of the one person she had come to consider a true brother. It was he who had reached out to her first, understanding the pain and loneliness that had driven her to the brink of madness. And yet, in those final moments, all she could see was the sorrowful expression on his face, his clear, green eyes bearing witness to the countless tragedies that had unfolded before him. She had fallen into his arms, the very person who had ended her life, the one who had delivered the final blow.

To her heart.

All she wanted.

Was to be loved.

INTRODUCING . . .
THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
THE OBLIVION

❝she really didn't wanna make it messy,
she really really didn't,
but the girl gone CRAY!!

YOU as
ZERO HARGREEVES/ETERNAL

and

OBLIVION

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like I'm someone worth killing."

I'm baaaaaacccck guys. And Happy Birthday to the Umbrella and Sparrow Academy!!!(I know I'm a little late, but I wrote this on their birthday)

So if you any of you guys Didn't read my message board, I have come to clear things up. I'm going to explain to you either way but if you want, you can look at my message board as well. I had taken down this book for a while because not only was I not so sure of my plot, I was also going through serious writers block. I also wanted to improve my writing skills. I'm gonna be honest with you. I started My older book when I was like in seventh or eighth grade so my writing wasn't the best.This book had to be taken down for a while until I was sure of everything. I really appreciate you guys being so patient. Overall thank you guys so much for supporting my other book and i hope you enjoy this one.

OKAY!! So now time for the obvious elephant in the room. The answer is yes. Zero will be starring as the main villain of the series. I think some of you guys have even predicted it in the old book Before I had even begun to do something vile with Zero. Guys, don't think I don't read your comments because I do 😂. I really like the theories that all of y'all come up with. I even saw one person who was literally right on point with the theories. But I'm not gonna tell what because that would be spoiling the story.

So here's the thing. Despite Zero being the main "antagonist", Viktor is still going to be the central antagonist of the story. He is still going to be the bomb. I just wanted to clear this up because I saw a lot of y'all on the other story asking whether either Zero is going to end the world or is she going to end the world WITH Viktor. She will not be doing either of those things for season one and two. The reason being Is because I want to make Zero as original as I can. And I felt like if I ended up doing that then I would feel like Zero would just be like kind of a carbon copy of Viktor but way more tragic. And also the fact that I also see a lot of other writers using that idea as well, but my first reason is my main thing for why I'm not going to have her replace Viktor for that situation. I just want Zero to be her own character and seem authentic without getting called unoriginal.

I am planning on doing something with Zero in the final season depending on how it goes. And if the fourth season doesn't fit into zero's storyline, then I'm probably going to have to write a season five. Or I'm actually thinking of writing my own season 4 despite the final. Which would take a lot of work and creative thinking.

So I kind of started off this prelude with Zero's trauma. But if I'm going to be honest, this isn't an even a fraction of what I'm bout to put this girl through. I'm warning you, Zero is going to go through hell and back, If you didn't get the hint in my old story. I am going to be very evil, hehe. This story has no happy ending, but not necessarily a bad ending . So if you don't like stories like that, then TURN BACK NOW!!!

Well I warned you. But like I said, the kind of trauma that I stated in here Is not even a fraction of what I'm going to put this girl through. I'm gonna give her just a little bit more. You can trust me....

If you guys had notice I kinda did do a little bit of foreshadowing in this prelude but I don't know if it's noticeable or not. I mean I already revealed the obvious elephant in the room but I'm just curious if you guys pointed out anything else.

And don't think I've basically spoiled the whole story and the plot. Because I never revealed to you why or how. And This is not even a fraction of what's about to be in this story. When I say things are going to get dark. I mean things are going to get DARK. I am going to be making a lot of changes and twists. And as you read sometimes you will notice that I have changed things a bit. You're going to see this because I feel like there are some plot holes in umbrella academy so if you see some parts in the story and be like " that's not what happened" It's most likely either fixed plot hole or a part altered for Zero's sake.

For example, I personally found Lila's powers a plot hole. I mean I get that she can mimic powers, but it's the fact that she instantly knows how to use it and is instantly good and not only that,  but better at using it then the Hargreeves children. I just found that kind of Mary Sue ish because I don't really understand how a power mimicker gets instantly better at using the powers that the Hargreeves children LITERALLY had to train to use. Especially with Viktor who could barely control his. When I think of this kind of power, I think of Rouge from X men or Hope Summers. So I'm going to make up a backstory with Lila on how she knows how to use their powers so it can make sense.

I hope you guys enjoyed this prelude. I really really really can't wait to publish season one Because I have a lot of ideas for zero and the other characters in this book. I would definitely label this book as an AU because I am going to be making a lot of changes though it will still stay mostly cannon to the plot of the Netflix series. But like I said already, I want Zero to have her own storyline as well so expect a lot of solo scenes and kinda oc characters. I will also be tweaking some other things too. This is mostly directed at season three because there are SOME things that I was very disappointed with that  I expected more from. *cough* Hotel Oblivion *cough*.

I will say that I will be publishing more frequently. Please don't forget to vote and comment. I will answer to them and they keep me motivated. And I can't wait to see some more of all of your theories.

Also don't forget to check out my new GRAVITY FALLS READER INSERT BOOK WHICH WILL BE PUBLISHED SHORTLY.

An what did you guys think of season three?

- ☂️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 977 21
PART 2 OF A SERIES! Who knew saving the world would be this hard. Again. "On April 1rst, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Bill...
364K 8.6K 69
Y/n Hargreeves life was never easy but when it comes down to saving the world that really changed things.β˜‚ "Im married to a 58 year old coffee obsess...
4.1K 68 30
________________________ Ashlinn Sheehan. Born October 1st 1989 in Waterford, Ireland. She had loving parents and and the best life she could ask for...
9.1K 179 43
Reunited after their father's death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets and a looming threat to humanity. I...