My King's Bet

By Creationsinbooks

It all started with a bet... From strangers to lovers. Friends to enemies... Follow this journey and get cap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 8

7 2 2
By Creationsinbooks

Chris's POV
"Yes, of course, it's fine to use it! I'm just glad to be a help using both of those ideas sounds like a great combo". I think this might be difficult to draw though but I'm not afraid of a challenge.

Sabastian's face lit up beside me on the bench. "Chris, I want to offer you shared credit on this piece. I'll also state the idea being yours as well as the illustrations". Hold up there boi. I don't want him giving me fifty percent. I'm good with just being the illustrator. The fact that he wants my name on this book is an honour within itself. I'm still kinda wondering how famous he is still but that's an odd thing to ask. I'll sound like an attention seeker. "That won't be necessary I just want to be known as the illustrator if this is okay with you... I'd rather be known for my art." Sabastian once again grinned at me. "If this is what my precious wants this is what will happen." I'm glad he's thinking this way. I have more than enough time on weekends to help make his book a reality.

"I'm excited about your book. I was wondering if we should make more notes now we have the basics?" I'm sounding pushy but he is a professional so I think this is how he works... "Chris as much as I want to dive back into work I do wish to spend the day with you. I can write the notes no problem soon and give them to you to review later if you like but other than that let's not let it spoil today." Yep, I was being pushy. I understand where he's coming from he wants a break and he's under enough stress as it is with his current book. "I'd like that but your right let's forget it especially for now."

To change the subject I want to tell him about Harry since we are speaking on a serious level I wish to get this concern out. "Sabastian tomorrow I'm going to see Harry at work. I don't know what he's going to say to me. I mean he was my friend on the bright side he did lead me to you but he could have given me to someone else. I'll do my best to ignore him but he always follows me." The fear of these thoughts now I'm saying them is making me shake. I don't think Sabastian's happy either since his serious expression was also filled with concern.

"Would you like me to meet you tomorrow after work?" Sabastian says with deep eye contact. I don't want to obstruct him from his busy day. "I think I'll be okay thankyou for the offer though. I'm just worried and a bit mad myself. I want to say something but yet I want to hate him. How's that possible?" I think he's seeing this as a problem. "That's it Chris I'm meeting you at work. I don't care what you say."

This is when reality hit me. Harry will scream he's my partner everywhere at work if he sees Sabastian. I'm not ready to tell the world yet. "Sabastian he will tell everyone. I'm not ready for that yet I want to say it to them when I wish to since it's been some time since my last serious relationship. Please I hope you understand." I hate feeling this way but I'm scared of my family at work. They never really did accept my partners but every guy I dated minus the odd one or two treated me like shit so they have the right to their opinions. I want to know Sabastian 100% before they meet so I can tell them myself if I trust him and not suffer by their opinions if they disagree.

He looked at me and grinned stating he understands but suggests I tell them we're friends for now so if he does come by my family will get to know him first. I like this plan. Harry on the other hand won't buy it. "Sabastian Harry won't believe us. The guy never forgets even when he's drunk." I sighed and then stated Harry will be our biggest giveaway.

"Okay, Chris. Well, I'll stay out of it for now but if you wish to tell your family we are friends at least they have an idea who I am before Harry can open his big trap. I'd possibly try and make this your first move and tell them first thing. I'm sorry I'm being pushy now. I'd rather they knew who I was just in case Harry says something and they get a bad image of me..." once again I agree. I tell him I agree to do this and hug him. Then I grabbed the plates and headed into the kitchen. Whatever Harry throws at me I'll make sure to protect my Boo. Hmm, I still need to work on a pet name although it sorta fits.

Sabastian's POV

Harry... Harry... Harry...

What to do about Harry?

My head went wild with these thoughts. He's going to be the obstacle in our relationship despite him bringing us together he can easily tear us apart. The last thing I want is to lose Chris. I need to show Harry I'm not afraid to see him but I can't do anything for now... I need to think about Chris the most and hope he has a good day at work tomorrow I mean he has his family and possibly a new enemy to face all in one day. Who knows what Harry's going to say to him?

I'm done with these thoughts I just want to write up these story notes and listen for that call about my book.

I got up and looked at Chris while he was washing up. I decided to get even so I approached him and hugged from behind and kissed him. "You're doing a great job my little precious. Thankyou for washing. I'm going to type up those notes sooner it's done the sooner we can have some fun." He grinned and whispered okay. I released him from behind and headed to my desk in my living room and sat down.

Right. A person with family issues but has an incident and gains powers to become a hero. Hm... I narrowed out this story into its beginning, middle and end and focused on the target audience. I mean this story will be a fantasy drama so it won't be easy to make. I'm glad it's just narrow thoughts for now I can go more in-depth anouther day on what's going to happen. I could do with looking for some inspiration too possibly starting with looking for some good quirks. This should do for now it's still pretty raw since my last book.

Chris walked in looking at me drying his hands. "How's it going?" I love how he cares so much about what I do. "I'm done really. I just needed something brief so this is good enough. Fancy a walk with me to work?" It was at this moment Chris had a burst of energy and ran straight to me and sat on me. "You mean I could actually have the chance to see where the creation of books occurs? I wonder if there's a chance to see the illustrators section! I'm getting ahead of myself I'm sorry I'd love to."

That was a cute reaction. "Yes, you can see it. The graphics and printing sections are right near my boss's door anyways." Chris started jumping on me up and down while I was sitting in my desk chair. I started to feel butterflies and was scared of anything else happening again... I mean I just woke up. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I'm still a little tired. I stopped Chris before he could do another bounce by surprising him by lifting him in my arms. He had his legs wrapped around me and his arms gripping each other behind my neck. "I wish I could carry you like this to work," I said while heading to my room he kept smiling and kissing me and I then placed him down on my bed.

"Thankyou Sabastian. You've given me a whole new world here and it means everything to me." I turned and looked into his dark brown eyes. "Chris, you don't need to thank me ever since I've met you I'm happy to say you have been my whole new world." I turned and headed towards my door to put my shoes on and Chris soon joined me in doing the same thing. While he fastened his laced I went to grab the notes and keys. Today is going to be a good day.

Chris's POV
My shoelaces just won't co-operate. I can see Sabastian's gone for his keys. I can't believe he's letting me see his workplace. I can honestly say it doesn't feel real.

Ah, right I've done my laces frigging knots. I'm just in time as Sabastian opened the door for us to leave. He doubled checked everything off including the cooker and told me to head downstairs. I watched as he locked the door and within the next minute, we were off on our little walk. I hope it's little. In fact, where is this place? "Sabastian is it far?" He laughed "Nah it's just up past your workplace down the dirt path over there." Oh, he pointed at the place he visited me at. This seems fun.

He showed me around and his workplace really wasn't that far. I had to admit while walking past my workplace I had to hide my face since I was on a sick day after all. When we breached past my workplace I looked at my man's face and thought to myself I do want to call him 'king' for a pet name I mean he does call me precious more but he's also more of a saviour than king but what king doesn't have a Nobel heart? That indeed is what he has. I'm going to stick with that but yet again I still need the right moment for it but for now, I'll still stick with sir. I love how I contemplate this while looking at him. I think he's a little confused. "I'm sorry for the glare Sabastian I'm just thinking of how much of a great guy you are not to mention cute". That was cheesy but it made him smile.

I looked ahead and his workplace was huge. I can now tell we had arrived. The glass was astonishingly bright with the sun's beams bouncing off them. There are people all dressed in suits and what I'd consider professional clothing. I've never been to a place of this high standard before. I feel like I don't fit in.

The next minute as I ponder myself in thoughts I can feel this warm soft grip around my hand. I looked at him with a gentle smile as he lightly gripped me and he smiled back. I can say this for a fact it certainly did feel reassuring that this is okay. I'm glad I'm wearing the clothes he bought or else I really wouldn't have fitted in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 371 9
When Claire gets forced into a fake relationship for business with a douchebag she just met, her heart shatters into pieces that can never be put tog...
99.8K 2.9K 21
This story is what I imagine after the confrontation between the minor and major family. ---------------------------------------------------- I regre...
28.7K 1.4K 52
After three years of struggle to prove her worth in a new country, Rox, short for Roxana, finally nails a job at a new construction company that deal...
845K 20.1K 66
DARK ROMANCE! My back hit the wall, I was trembling in fear because of his close proximity. He was so angry that his veins were popping out from his...