Too Late To Say Goodbye | Tom...

By helpingthemind

~1923~ In which Tommy's life seems to be falling into place. Business is expanding, the family is thriving... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
105.
Author's Note

63.

6K 192 18
By helpingthemind

It was the end of summer and almost the end of the work day.

Bella sat anxiously at her desk. Her right leg bouncing up and down fast as she bit her nails.

Tommy was still in his office, which didn't surprise her, he's been staying late every so often recently.

But that's not why she's nervous.

She wanted to ask something of him and wasn't sure how he would react.

"Are you alright Bell?" Michaels voice broke through breaking her out of her thoughts.

He was standing in front of her desk, looking down at her with a worried expression.

Taking a deep breath, she was being ridiculous she thought. Calming down enough to offer the boy a smile.
"I'm okay, Michael. Don't worry about me, just nervous to ask Tommy something."

A smile broke out onto his face "I wouldn't worry too much, don't think there's a single thing he'd say no to you about."

Rolling her eyes at his comment, deep down knowing it was true. But maybe this might be the first time he actually said no to her...

"Enough about me, now that you're fully involved, how are you liking the business?" She asked him.
Michael has been back in the business for a couple months now and became almost like a right hand man to Tommy.
Bella loved it.

"It's good. Tom's got me out checking in on the factories a lot and running reports. But I like it."

Her smile grew wide. "Good. I'm glad to hear that Michael."

He nodded in return "alright well, I best get back to it 'fore Tom notices I'm talking to his woman on work time." He winked at Bella

She laughed and shooed him away in return. "Bye Michael"

Sighing as she looked back at his office door. Fuck it.
She thought standing up quickly, making her way over and knocking on it.

"Come in." He called from the other side

Taking another deep breath before opening it.

He sat behind his desk, putting down the document he was reading once he saw it her who entered the room.

"Bell, what can I do for you love?" He asked taking his glasses off. She was nervous. He could tell by her posture, almost as if she was slouched into herself.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about something...-" she started taking a seat across from him

Raising his eyebrows at her, telling her to continue. Watching as she played with her fingers in her lap, looking hesitant.

"What is it Bella?"

Letting out a long sigh "I-I would like to take Charlie to meet his cousin Billy,...bu-but only if you will allow it. I don't want to over step." She rushed out.

She really wanted the two to meet, but she wasn't really Charlie's mother and couldn't make that decision. That was up to his father.

Bella has kept in contact with Arthur and Linda over the last year, and had gone to visit a few times as well. Arthur has agreed that the two should meet.
Now Tommy's approval was only needed.

"You think that's a good idea?" He asked. Not in an accusing way, just genuinely curious

She nodded "I do. I really do."

Leaning back in his chair in thought "and you would take him to Arthur and Linda's house?"

"I will." She said hopeful

"And Arthur approves of this?" He asked his final question

"He does."

Rubbing his chin "If you would like to take him, then I'll allow it."

Jumping up with a smile, making her way around the desk to sit in his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck and giving him a kiss.

Pulling away, she smiled down at him "thank you, Tommy. I think this will be really good for him."

Giving her another quick kiss he agreed "I think so too, peach. You've been a good mother to him. That's not something everyone would step up to do and I could thank you more for it."

Being told that she's been a good mother to the boy meant more to her than she could ever express.
She grew up without having her mother around, and didn't want Charlie to be without a mother figure as well.

"Thank you Tommy. I really do love that boy of yours and I love you." She told him nuzzling her nose against his

"He's not just my boy anymore, love. He's our boy."

A full smile broke out on her face, feeling her heart warm at the statement.

"Our boy" she smiled at him.

Tommy nodded with a small smile "our boy Bella."

Scratching the back of his neck, her loving smile turned into a teasing one
"Well now that we have all personal business out of the way...I have to ask you Mr. Shelby, may I have tomorrow off in order to take my son to visit family?"

Tommy smirked, shaking his head at her. "You ask from a lot from me Ms. Ray, but I will allow it under one condition."

Raising her eyebrows at him "and what may that be?"

"You're home when I get home."

Bella laughed "anything for you...will you be coming home with me tonight?"

Originally Tommy was going to stay later. With new deals and distributions, there was a lot of work to be done. But now after talking with Bella, all he wanted was to go home and spend the night with her and Charlie.

He nodded "yeah, peach, just let me pack up here."

Giving him one last kiss, she got up with a smile.

"I'll be waiting for you by my desk."

Watching as she left his office, wondering how he got so lucky.

*****

The next day after waving Tommy off to work, she got Charlie ready and the two were on their way to Arthur's house in the country.

A few chickens ran out of the way as she pulled into the drive.

She saw Arthur walking towards her from the other side of the house. His hair has gotten long, it was strange seeing him without the signature Peaky hair cut.

Bella smiled at him as she stepped out of the car.
"Morning Arthur."

"It is now that yer here, love!" He said in his usual loud voice

Rolling her eyes at his statement, going to the back to help Charlie climb out.

Arthur was surprised to see how big the boy had gotten, it's been just over a year since he's last seen his nephew.
Squatting down to his height, "and who do we have here, couldn't be Charlie boy with how big you are! Remember who I am?"

Charlie held onto Bella's hand tightly but still nodded at the man
"Uncle Arthur"

Arthur laughed and ruffles the boys hair "that's right! Now do you want to come meet your cousin?"
Charlie nodded in return.

As he stood up, Arthur gave Bella a kiss on the cheek and a hug. "And how is everything else holding up?"
Bella knew that this was his way of asking how Tommy was. But she always just went a long with it, knowing he wasn't quite ready to talk about his brother yet.

"Everything is good, business is good. I'm happy Arthur, I really am." She told him, to which he pressed his lips together with a nod. Stepping back
"Alright you two, we don't have all day!"

Charlie looked up at Bella, as if asking what to do. She looked down with an encouraging smile "Its okay Charlie, time to meet your cousin Billy."

they followed Arthur into the house.
That's where they found Linda on the floor in the living room with baby Billy.
Billy was still tiny but was able to sit up on his own now.

Bella smiled at them, while Charlie seemed shy. Still holding Bella's hand as they made their way over to them.

Sitting on her knees, she gestured for Charlie to sit down too. He looked nervously at his cousin and back at Bella.
Even Linda smiled at the boys shyness, "it's okay, Charlie."

Bella nodding encouragingly as the boy picked up the toy train, scooting closer to his cousin to play with him.

Bella smiled as two got comfortable with each other. It was sweet seeing Charlie being so gentle with the baby, understanding that he was younger.

Arthur watched from the doorway, thinking about how this introduction could've gone if things had been different.
He was thankful for Bella and thankful that his brother had someone like her.

She's helped Arthur in more ways than he could count and only wished he could return the favor in some way.
Stuffing his cold hands in his pockets, letting the boys play.

Just as the sun was starting to set Bella decided to head home, knowing Tommy would be there soon.

Arthur carried a sleeping Charlie to the car for her. He was so tired from playing all day.

Once he was Situated, Arthur stood back up looking down at the girl.

"John said he's going to have a New Years party this year, even thinking about inviting Tommy." He told her, making her heart warm at the thought.

"I think that'll be wonderful. I'll do everything in my power to convince him to go." She said knowing Tommy wants to stay out of their lives...but this would be good for everyone.

Arthur nodded "you drive safe now and come back soon."

Smiling "I will. Have a good night Arthur." Pulling him into a hug before climbing into the car herself.

The drive home wasn't terribly long, but long enough that it was dark by the time they got there.
So it didn't surprise her to see Tommy getting out of his car, already in the drive.

He smirked as she parked the car. It was easy for him to admit that he missed her today in the office, having gotten use to seeing her there everyday.

She stepped out of the car, smiling at him "see, I told you I'd be home by the time you got here."

Tsking at her "made it just on time, Charlie sleeping?"

Bella nodded in return opening the back door. Tommy kissed her forehead, handing her his brief case
"I'll put him to bed, while you relax then I'll join you."

Loving the sound of that, she nodded and closed the car door behind him, following him into the house.

Tommy carried Charlie up stairs, while Bella dropped his brief case in his office then made her way to their bed room.

Starting her nightly routine of putting on a night slip and standing in front of the mirror to brush her hair. It's gotten quite long, reaching about mid back now. she's noticed most women now a days are cutting it short, wondering if maybe that'll suit her as well.

Just as she pulled her hair over one shoulder, she noticed Tommy entering the room. He was taking off his tie and unbottoming his shirt as he walked.

When he saw her in only her slip, he made his way over. Instantly wrapping his arms around her and resting his head in her neck.

"How was your day, love?" He asked as she rested her hands on his arms and leaned back into him

"It was good, the boys got along well." She spoke softly

Tommy hummed in response, placing a soft kiss to her neck.

"They both love their toy trains." She continued

Placing his lips back on her neck "that's nice, peach."

Bella laughed "are you even listening to me, Tommy?"

Lazily moving his neck so he could make eye contact with her through the mirror "of course I am."

She rolled her eyes at him "do you think I should cut my hair?"

Furrowing his brows. He loves her long hair, it was one of his favorite features of hers, but that was her choice.
"Do you want to cut it?"

Looking at it through the mirror , she shrugged "it seems to be what all the other women are doing these days."

Squeezing her a little tighter "but You're not other women, peach."

Feeling her cheeks heat up, just like they always did when he got like this, she turned around resting her hands on the base of his neck.

"You're too good to me Tommy."

Shaking his head "no. I don't think I'll ever be good enough."

Looking into his eyes "Breaks me heart when you say things like that. You're a good man, Tom. Wouldn't give you up for the world."

Feeling the warmth in the pit of his stomach at her compliment.
He bent down slightly to pick her up. Loving her surprised squeal when he did so, but that still didn't stop her from wrapping her legs around his waist.

He loved every second of her giggling as he carried her over to the bed.

"Tommy!" She squealed again as he dropped her onto it and crawled on top of her.

Resting on his elbows so he wouldn't crush her, he looked down at her.
Her hair was spread out like a pillow over the mattress, cheeks red with anticipation, soft smile on her lips and her stormy eyes stared up at him with adoration.
If he could stop time right then and there, he would. He could stare at her all day like this.
Bringing his hand up to lightly brush the pad of his thumb across her cheek,
"No peach. I'll never be good enough but I've told you before, I'm a selfie man and I'll never be ready to give you up."

Bella pressed her lips to the inside of his palm. Wrapping her legs around his waist pulling him down closer to her.
"I'm yours for as long as you want me" she whispered to him
Smashing his lips onto hers, she let out a whimper when he gripped her thigh tightly, wanting more.
Bella became to feverishly unbutton the rest of his shirt. Only pulling away for a second to throw it across the room.
Using all her strength, she rolled his body over so she was now straddling his waist.
Smiling down at him, he returned it bringing his hands to run up her thighs.
"You're beautiful peach."
Feeling the blush on her cheeks, letting her hair fall in front of her face to hide it, she slowly reach for the end of her slip, pulling it over her head. Leaving her bare.

Losing control over himself, he flipped them back over, although he loves when she's dominate but not tonight, tonight was about her.
Bella worked fast to help him get his trousers down. Biting her bottom lip as he kissed her.
No longer having any clothes between them, Bella stopped him before he could take her. Holding his chin so he would stop his movements to look down at her.
When he did, all he saw was love and comfort.
"My protector." She whispered, pulling him back in for a kiss as Tommy thrusted into her, causing Bella to let out a loud moan throwing her head back in pleasure.
This was one of Tommy's favorite ways to see her. Vulnerable with pleasure he gave her. Back arched with her eyes slightly rolled back.
Wrapping an arm around her waist he brought her up closer to him, while the other kept his balance.
Shoving his face into her neck as he moaned with her.
"I love you Bella" he panted with the movement of his waist
Snapping back into reality, her eyes still clouded with lust. "I love you with everything I've got Thomas Shelby."

After they finished, Tommy rolled over next to her on the bed, both still trying to catch their breath.
He felt her reach out for his hand, intertwining their fingers as she looked over at him with breathless smile.
Bringing their hands up, he kissed hers.

Bliss was the only way he could describe it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 16.3K 43
๐ž๐ ๐จ ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐œ๐ค | โ in a fight they're malicious, around each other, they melt.โž โ”โ”โ” in which evelyn shelby falls for...
780 23 12
Olive Shelby spends her whole life following the orders of her older brothers. The day of her brother John's funeral, she makes a decision of her own...
25.2K 726 6
Summary: Thomas has come back from the war a different man and is moving up in the underworld as the head of the Peaky Blinders, but what happens whe...
876K 25K 41
Lily Adler was a girl with looking for answers. Stumbling into Small Heath to find the one woman that could help her she meets a Thomas Shelby. Will...