The promise

By Rachelkingdom

(Currently editing/rewriting) A story of a love that is out of this world! A story between Mason and Amira wh... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22*
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25*
Part 26*
Part 27*
Part 28*
Part 29
Part 30*
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Info..
part 34*
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37*
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47 - The Promise
46
Author Note
47 - The deal
48 - Part
49 - Chapter

Part 4

12.3K 442 93
By Rachelkingdom

"Come with me. Let me get you a drink."

We live in the city of Calgary and drinking is legal at the age of 18 and so is clubbing. I haven't gone clubbing yet, but I have had a few drinks before.

"I can't wait for you to meet the guy that is so very interested in you. He is handsome!" She says wiggling her eyes.

I can't tell for sure if she is buzzed, drunk or faking it.

"Bonnie I don't need you setting me up. I have no time for it. If he is so handsome, then why don't you go out with him?" I took a shot of vodka and grab a lemonade Smirnoff from her. I only ever drink enough to be buzz.

"Amira trust me I would, but I got my eyes on another prize!" She says and wink.

Bonnie pulls me towards her large hot tub outside. The hot tub can fit 10 people and it is and more. I spot Brad, some hockey boys with the girls Kim likes to call "Thick slice of desperation" in the tub.

Bonnie tells me "The hot tub is invite only." As she enters and sit beside Brad. "Amira, take off your dress and come in."

Brad yells "yah, don't be shy. We don't bite" he gives me a wink.

I pull my dress over my head and set it in my large bag. I hear a couple whistle from guys and I start to feel self conscious. I can't tell if it's in mockery or genuine compliment. I walk into the hottub and sit by Bonnie who moves to the other side of Brad leaving me to sit between two guys.

I tune everybody out listening to the music and drinking my Smirnoff. I start to wiggle a little to the music and I feel a hand on my thigh.

At first I thought it was the alcohol making me feel things, but no. Brad had his hand high on my thigh. I gently push his hand off and he whisper's in my ear. "You are such a tease and you look incredibly sexy too by the way."

Before I could reply I see Mason enter the hot tub. He is wearing a dark blue swim shorts and all he's abs and muscles are showing. I can't lie he is blessed with an amazing body. I was so stupid to think he would not be here.

Mason grabs a sit directly across from me and continue his stare me down from World Issues. This time he is not only staring at my face he looks down to where my stomach comes in contact with the water. He eyes are intense, but soft. He is looking at me like he is studying me and making mental notes to himself for later.

Bonnie leans over Brad, breaking my stare down with Mason and introduces Brad to me. "Amira, you remember Brad right? From Media Studies?"

"Yah, I do." I replied

"Well, you guys should talk or exchange numbers and or both."she said with the biggest smile ever.

"Bon." I said sharply. Not believing the guy she is trying to set me up with is Brad. The grad class man whore. The guy who has spend the last 10mins trying to put his hands up my panties

"That's sound like a good idea to me!" Brad replies excitedly. "My cell phone is in the house, but we can grab it together." He smile. I reciprocate his smile, but not as warmly.

He continues talking, but I am barely listening just popping little laughters and nods here and there at him. I am too concentrated on the music, my drink and avoiding Mason glaze. I feel Brad hand on my thigh again and I start to feel hot. I whisper so only him can hear that I am not a tease and he needs to please take his hand off my thigh, because it's becoming uncomfortable.

"You are a tease and you are playing hard to get. I like a challenge." He said while dragging his hand up my thighs and I push it off. I can't believe Bonnie.

A small blonde girl sits on Mason lap. I believe her name is Lauren. We might have had english class together in grade 10. She would be what kim calls a thick slice of desperation. She gives him a kiss on the lips and turns around to face everybody with a smile plaster on her face. He doesn't seem to oppose to it.

I don't know why, but I feel a sting of jealously and decide it is time for another drink. I get out the tub and head to the bar.

"Hey where are you going? Wait i'll come with you?" Brad suggested getting up.

"No I will be right back Brad. I will get you a drink." I smile walking away fast. He says something, but I don't hear.

On my way there I find Jenny and Kim playing beer pong. I made sure they were alright and told them where to find me whenever they see ready to go.

I make a quick stop to the bathroom and on my way out I face on hit against something hard. I was stumbling down when it grabbed me by my bare waist and pull me close to him. I couldn't recognize who he was from the swimming shorts he was wearing until...

"Oh sorry neighbour. I didn't see you there."

The only person that calls me neighbour is Mason.... Oh God no. I looked up to see his face and he has a worried look in his eyes.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes, I am fine." I stutter while rubbing my head.

"Are you sure?

"Yes I am sure. You can let go of me. I am fine." I repeat. Hoping to remove our body from touching.

"You have been avoiding me Mira. Media Studies... political science...hottub." He said in an almost whisper while still holding me.

I normally don't like when people call me Mira, but it sounds absolutely sexy coming from his lips and distracting.

"I have not been avoiding you Mason. I don't even know you." I said to him while trying to avoid eye contact. My heart is pounding so hard and my body is feeling extra hot due to our skin contact. I am so sure he can feel it.

"Would you like to get to know me?" He asks firmly and flirtatious.

"I don't know...I don't think so...what kind of question is that? Maybe.." I said stuttering and barely auditable while breaking eye contact and looking down.

He lifts my chin up, so that I can look him in the eye's."You are an extra-ordinary beauty." I am not sure why, but that sets me off. What the hell does he think he is doing.

I pull away from him and take a few steps back.

"I am sure you say that to all the girls. What are you trying to do, get in my pants?...because it is not going to work. I am not desperate and please stop staring at me it becoming seriously creepy." I say all in one breath. Anger rising in me.

"I am not trying to get into your pants Mira." He says with humour.

"Stop calling me that" I rise my voice louder than plan.

"You said you don't know me, but you have already made your own ideas of who I am. If that what you think, you are mistaken but Like I said you are an extra-ordinary beauty and that's the truth. you have me intrigue."

"Don't you have a girlfriend or something?"

"You mean the blonde girl on my lap? She is just a friend." He said laughing and that filled me up with even more anger. He is laughing at me.

"Friends don't kiss friends on the lips. I bet you told her she is extra-ordinarily beautiful  to get in her pants." I spit out. Why am I even telling this man this? I need to go.

He was about to say something when I push passed him and walk away. I heard him calling my name "Mira stop....Mira" and there is no way I was turning around. He is not going to make a fool of me.

I head towards Kim and Jenny and I must look visibly upset. It is moment like this I wish I had my license.

"Are you girls ready to go?" I say in my best fake happy voice.

"We are having fun! Are you ok? It is only 10:30pm..Aren't you having fun?" Kim asked worried.

Jenny who is clearly drunk is pulling at my face slurring "No we can't leaveeeeee! I am having fun, fun, fun, fun!" She then takes off towards the pool.

"Kim I am fine. I thought you guys would be up for leaving, but you can stay. It is really no problem. Just meet me at the house, I will cook something. You have a key."

"You know I can't do that Amira. You don't even drive."

"Look...go have fun with Jenny! Don't worry about me I will find someone to drive me."

"I'll drive you." I hear from a voice that is becoming all so familiar to me.

Kim paused and her face is filled with confusion and so is mine with a bit of anger too. What the hell is he trying to do.

"I didn't know you two are friends." Kim who is clearly confuse and surprise by his offer said looking at me. I am too angry to talk, and before I do Mason speaks for me.

"Yah we are. We are neighbour in political science. I can drop her home. I am heading that way anyways." He says, like we are old friends.

Before Jenny could speak I turn to him and say "No, I am fine! Thank you though." With the best fake smile I can make.

"I insist. Your curly hair friend doesn't seem like she wants to leave and neither does your friend here. You don't want them to miss out on a great party right?"

I look at Kim And back at him and he is right. I would feel horrible if I made them leave the party because of me, so I say "Right."

Kim asks me if I am sure and I nodded telling her her that I am totally fine. "Let's go, I'll drive you." She knew something was up with me. I could tell from her eye's.

"Just stay with Kim so she can have fun, you know we not coming to anything like this again. Let her enjoy it. He will drop me. His cool." I gave her my best reassurance smile and she insists that I text her when I get home or if anything is wrong. She then walks toward the pool looking for Jenny.

I turn around facing him and he says with the biggest smile ever. "Ready!?"

"You are not driving me anywhere." I tell him as I head towards the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 12K 75
The choices teenagers make... Some choose to smoke Some choose to steal Some choose to be bullies to defend themselves Some end up getting pregnant...
22.3K 4K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
89.4K 4.3K 52
"This, us, all of it was a mistake!" My breathing comes to a halt, as my brain fails to process his words. "Mason you don't mean that" My voice plead...
20.3K 3K 60
She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers, setting her on fire just like she did h...