Glimpse of Us ⇽ Roman Reigns

BriFlare

'Cause sometimes I look in her eyes And that's where I find a glimpse of us And I try to fall for her touch B... Еще

Glimpse of Us
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Eight

3.6K 161 65
BriFlare

Chapter Eight; Lawyer's Office

12,322 likes
tamaranoai As always a good day with @lalaniyah & @londoninthecity

Hair laid by @philonhair
Makeup by @erika_lapearl_mua
Body chain by @beastychicks
View all 170 comments

After going out with the girls again. Tamar got a call from her mom about a family meeting. Tamar and her husband, Juaquin decided to go.

Now, Tamar and Juaquin were at Tamar's parents' house.

Tamar knew she was in the hot seat because she didn't stop the fight between Laniyah and Galina.

Juaquin could sense his wife's uneasiness so he started kissing her on the back to calm her down.

"Stop, Jay," Tamar said, slightly pulling away from his kisses.

"So, Tamar why didn't you intervene in the fight, and now Galina has a huge cut on her face," Patricia said.

Tamar raised her eyebrows at her mother.

"So, y'all wanted me to intervene and get cut instead of Galina," Tamar scoffed.

Tamar pointed at her older sisters.

"Matter of fact, why didn't Vanessa, Summer, Myritza, and the crew that Galina came with didn't do anything until security got involved, that's the question that needs to be asked," Tamar said as she shifted the blame onto Galina and her sisters. "They came in there looking like they wanted a problem and Laniyah gave it to them...well, she gave it to Galina but still don't be mad at me for knowing not to get my ass beat for no one like everyone knows how Laniyah gets down," Tamar told her mother.

Joe looked at his other sisters.

"Why did y'all go?" Joe asked them.

"Exactly," Tamar said.

Joe was confused, tired, stressed, and all the above with this situation. Galina is acting out of character. Laniyah is just being herself and Joe can't take it anymore. He should have never gone to go get that damn marriage license. He was truly embarrassed.

"It doesn't matter why we went there. Look at what she did to my face, Joe!" Galina exclaimed.

Tamar shook her head.

"I don't know why we're here because I'm pretty sure everyone in this room knows that Laniyah has I.E.D. like she's diagnosed with anger issues so why antagonize her then come and play the victim for being the problem and getting your ass beat," Juaquin said, not understanding the purpose of the family meeting when he sees that Galina deserved it and it's no one's fault for not jumping in because Laniyah would have laid them all out.

Sika nods. He knows that Laniyah is a wildcard. She is extremely strong, but she is also extremely dangerous; at this point, he's certainly leaning more toward dangerous after seeing Galina's face.

"Galina, honey, leave Laniyah alone," Patricia said.

Galina was pissed. She didn't understand how the family is supposed to be marrying into was not on her side.

"What's so scary about Laniyah that you all are not seeing how she's coming in between Joe and me?" Galina asked them.

Joe tilted his head in confusion.

"Babe, I think she's losing it," Juaquin whispered to Tamar.

Tamar nods.

"Galina, you're the only one coming in between you and Joe," Sika said.

Joe sighed.

"This is a whole new side to you, Galina, and it's making me question some things about us," Joe told Galina.

Galina gasped and covered her face. She wanted to cry. Joe was now questioning their relationship and no one was on her side anymore.

Tamar stood up.

"Girl, you done showed your true colors and we're leaving," Tamar announced.

Juaquin stood up and then went to hug Patricia and Sika before they left.

Joe stood up and gestures for Galina to stand up too.

"Well, we're leaving because we have to go meet with our lawyer," Joe told everyone.

"What's going on? Is it about the divorce?" Patricia asked her son.

Joe shrugged.

"I don't know. All I know is that he wanted us to come in and talk," Joe responded.

Joe's lawyer called him and asked for Galina and him to come into his office. He didn't say why he wanted them to come in but Joe had a feeling that they may be in for some bad news. So, after they left his parents' house. Joe and Galina went straight to his lawyer's law firm.

Joe and Galina entered the law firm and went to the secretary's desk.

"Good afternoon, can I help you?" The secretary asked as she gave Galina and Joe a sweet smile.

"Yes. Joe Anoa'i and Galina Becker here for Mr. Chatterjee," Joe answered.

"Oh, right! I'll call him," The secretary said, picking up the phone. "Please have a seat," She added.

Joe nods.

"Thanks," Joe said.

"Thank you," Galina said.

Joe and Galina backed away and sat on two of the comfortable chairs in the reception area. Joe looked around the place, it was a space where people feel welcome and calm. Personal pictures with clients,
friends and family on the pastel walls; plants and artwork on display.

The secretary whispered a few words on the phone and then hung up.

"Mr. Chatterjee is coming to get you," The secretary announced to Joe and Galina.

"Great," Joe said.

Rajiv Chatterjee, one of the best lawyers in Florida, showed up by the threshold. Joe and Galina got up as Rajiv made a gesture to come over.

"Joe," Rajiv said as he extended a hand.

"What's up, Rajiv," Joe said as he shook his hand.

"Long day, man," Rajiv said before he greeted Galina with a side hug.

"Hi, Rajiv," Galina said.

"Follow me," Rajiv said, making a gesture for the couple to follow him to his office.

Joe and Galina follow Rajiv through the hallways before stopping at the corner office door.

Rajiv opens the door and lets Joe and Galina enter the office before following them in, closing the door behind him.

Rajiv sighs as he takes a seat behind his desk with Joe and Galina sitting across from him. Joe looked at the view of the city in the background of Rajiv's office that rested on the twenty-eighth floor.

"Alright. Welcome, we have so much to discuss today," Rajiv said as he pulled out papers and placed them in front of Joe.

"What are these?" Joe asked Rajiv.

"First of all, Florida is a no-fault divorce state. The only reason that you have to give for filing for divorce is that your marriage is irretrievably broken. In other words, you must show that your relationship is over and you cannot repair it. Additionally, a spouse being mentally incapacitated for three years is also grounds for divorce in Florida.

To file for divorce in Florida, one of the two parties to the divorce must have lived in the state for at least six months before filing with the court. One exception to this is if you are a member of the military who lives in Florida but is currently stationed outside of the state. The divorce filing must be made in the county in Florida where either of the two parties to the divorce resides.

If you meet the residency requirements for a divorce in Florida, you can move forward with filing in the courts. One of the two parties to the divorce will need to file a form called the Petition for the Dissolution of Marriage. The spouse who files the form is the petitioner, and the other spouse is the respondent.

After the form is filed, the petitioner must give a copy to the respondent. This is known as serving the divorce papers. If your spouse agrees to the divorce, he or she can accept the service of the papers. The spouse will then need to fill out and file a different form called an Answer and Waiver of Service, which must be signed and notarized before it is filed.

Joe since you filed and gave a copy to Laniyah, that means she agreed to the divorce I have been in contact with her lawyers since and she has filled out and filed a different form called an Answer and Waiver of Service. It has been signed and notarized before it was filed. Which is good for us," Rajiv explained to Joe.

Joe nods.

"Okay," Joe said.

"Within 45 days of filing your petition, Florida requires you to turn over a signed financial affidavit. This involves disclosing information about your finances, including Income, Assets Debts, Tax returns, Bank statements, Credit card statements, and Personal financial statements.
Now the judge has mediation ordered for you and Laniyah. During this process, a third party will attempt to help you and Laniyah come to a divorce agreement without involving the court. If this doesn't work, you'll go to trial. Each side will present evidence and call witnesses, and the judge will make the final decision on all contested issues," Rajiv said.

"So, we're going forward with the divorce then?" Galina asked Rajiv.

Rajiv sighed.

"See the problem now is that you, Galina, have managed to not only get into two alterations with Laniyah but now you're being sued for mental and emotional pain and distress which will affect the divorce as the judge assigned to this divorce case is very conservative and in his eyes, you look like a mistress that has broken up a couple and is antagonizing the wife who has a mental disorder so this doesn't look good and then on top of that her mother, Laken Yandall is a judge and one of the most well-respected judges in the state of Florida so the odds are against you guys here," Rajiv said.

Galina gasped.

"Her mother is a judge?" Galina asked, looking at Joe.

Joe nods.

"Yeah, that's why everyone was telling you to leave her alone, Galina," Joe answered.

Rajiv glanced down at his notes

"Honestly, from what I heard. You guys are not getting married anytime soon as you will be in court for a good amount of time," Rajiv said.

Instead of saying, Joe settled into silence.

"And it's going to cost you," Rajiv said.

Galina frowned.

"Do you think if I talk to Laniyah that I can apologize and get her to drop the lawsuit?" Galina asked Rajiv.

"A restraining order against you has been placed, Galina, so you cannot go in or within 500 feet of Laniyah's residence, place of employment, place of school, or places her and her family frequent. No contact between you and her, in any manner. And you've also been required to attend counseling, treatment, or a batterer's intervention program," Rajiv explained to Galina.

"Damn," Joe grumbled.

Galina wanted to cry.

"Oh my God," Galina said.

Rajiv looked at Joe.

"You grew up with this girl, and never noticed how powerful her family is. Laniyah could crush you in this divorce, Joe," Rajiv says.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

46.3K 1K 45
imagines and preferences for roman reigns, jimmy uso, jey uso, and solo sikoa
16.6K 715 32
~ A Roman Reigns story ~ One day you realize it's time to start a new chapter in your life and trust that magic is about to happen. Started January 3...
40.2K 2.4K 34
Can Lamia and Joe forgive each other, the people in their lives, and themselves for the mistakes made in the past and rekindle their love, as a famil...