Outsider ||JJK||

By JiY0oV

"I could care any less..." Throughout all her life, Haruka Andō was hidden away in the small countryside of T... More

《0》Outsiders |PREQUEL|
《1》Conceal
《2》The Curse User
《3》Not The Same
《4》Alone
《5》Run & Hide
《6》Six Eyes
《7》Nowhere to Hide
《8》The Deal
《9》Distance
《10》God is a Woman
《12》The Cursed Finger |END OF PREQUEL|
《13》A Dangerous Spark
《14》The Vessel
《15》 Stronger
《16》Dim Promise
What if...? (SPECIAL ONE SHOT)
《17》Lingering Doubt
《18》Hidden Despair
《19》Past Never Dies
《20》 The Past & The Present
《21》Future Plans
|SEASON 1| COMPLETE ✔
《22》Uncanny Truth
《23》Bitter Past
《24》Andō's Will
《25》DownFall
《26》Rolling in the Deep
《27》BreakDown

《11》Familiar Face

4.6K 287 68
By JiY0oV

cover art by  h0pe.lez 

.

.

.

.

.

(THIS CHAPTER WILL TAKE PLACE BEFORE JJK ANIME)

"...eh?"

Gojo stood there in disbelief, Haru's words continuing to echo back and forth in his mind like a ticking clock. His brain racked through his memories, clearly remembering her parents' synopsis when he looked into her.

"Huh...didn't your parents die in a car crash...?" Gojo recalls that very information. In the year 2012, right at the start of Summer...her parents experienced a gruesome car crash near their town. It was a hit-and-run, but the driver was prosecuted before he could fully escape. 

"That's what they made everyone think..." Haru says, her gaze becoming enraged by the minute. She tried to hold herself back, but her expression clearly showed the opposite. 

"What are you trying to say?" Gojo's lips are firm, unsure what Haru was saying. He could tell she was getting upset.

"I was away from home when I got the call," Haru clearly remembered that scene as if it were yesterday. The corpses of her dead parents...burned and brutally unrecognizable. A hit & run they said. Or so it was told.

But Haru knew otherwise. 

"I could see it....an unrecognizable Cursed Energy throughout their wounds..."

Her eyes widened from anger. When she arrived at the scene, she couldn't take her eyes away from the Cursed Energy that she could not recognize. It was neither from her parents nor from another user. It was no mere accident.

Her rage has become evident.  The sunset shone through the tatami windows, reflecting onto Haru's gaze and giving off an ominous feeling. Gojo grabs ahold of Haru's shoulders, trying to pull her off from her angry trance. He stared straight at her, his lips firm as he spoke in a whisper.

"Are you saying....that your parents were killed by a Jujutsu Sorcerer..." He knew the answer without even her telling him. Her eyes said it all. This woman before him was seeking revenge. Revenge against those that killed her parents.

"That's why I want you to help me..." Haru says, never faltering, "Unravel the truth and seek revenge for my parents' death!" 

He twitched at her proclamation, a cold shiver passing down his spine as he looked upon her hateful gaze. Haru then frowns, looking at Gojo with sheer doubt.

"Your family...wouldn't happen to be involved in this case would they..." She examines, her gaze narrow at the sorcerer before her. She tries to read his body movements. As much as she did not want to suspect Gojo Satoru, after all, he has been of great help these past weeks. Whether it was for Megumi, oathing to protect her identity and train her...Haru was genuinely grateful for the help. 

Yet...there could be a slight chance that all of this could be a trap. One could never know for sure. 

Gojo hums, pulling back as he tilts his head in thought, "Hm. There's nothing that goes undetected under my watch,"

But there was always room for doubt. His foot taps slightly under him, "Then again...there could be a slight chance that they could have dared to do something behind my back,"

Haru nods, appreciating his words, "Yes...it won't hurt to look,"

Of course, after all the Gojo have always hated the Andō. That is why Haru could never be too sure of anything. 

"Not a problem...but there should be another family you should be suspecting as well~" He hums, twirling his fingers.

"Zen'In..." She slurs, spatting it as if it were poison. They were the main target she suspected the most, especially after knowing the bad relationship they had with her father.

Gojo taps his feet lightly as if he were in thought, 'Zen'In...now that I think about it,' There was a brief flashback inside his head.

"Ah...if I remember correctly, there was a rumor going around that your father was going to become the Head of the Zen'In," He says nonchalantly, recalling the higher-ups muttering to themselves a few years back.

Haru frowns at this new information, "Head of the Clan?"

"It makes sense since your father inherited one of the Clan's techniques and was well loved by his peers for his caring nature," Gojo has only seen the man in the far distance once when he was a child. By just looking at him, Gojo could tell that he was a man with dignity. He surrounded himself with this leadership aura, a kind facade...he was the polar opposite of his family, who in many generations showed problematic attitudes. Though he was soft-natured, he also did not hesitate to discipline...which is why many respected him. 

But of course, with Taiki's persona...he was eventually going to pull away from the toxic environment that surrounded him. And the last straw was when he was shunned for having a lover outside of the Clan's approval. But even when Taiki ran away, he was still given the position of being the future Head of the Zen'In. 

"It was quite a surprise since most expected the current leader's son to be the Head,"  Gojo informs. 

At those words, Haru's eyes widen. Something inside her head began to shift.

"Wait...who's currently the next Head...?" She questions, having the feeling that she already knew the answer.

"The current Head's son...█████ Zen'In..."

There it was. 

Haru's gaze was shadowed by her bangs, jaws clenched....as ominous cursed energy began to radiate all throughout her body. Her eyes were so wide, that it was becoming difficult to see her pulsing pupils. Gojo shook under this insane pressure, quickly reaching to grab onto Haru's shoulders again. Her raging cursed energy could give away their position.

"Haruka!"

Her rage was understandable. From what they could tell...it was possible that █████ was the one behind her parents' death. The Zen'In had a lot of power and money, so it would have been easy to cover it up as if it were have been an accident. He was the main suspect, but nothing was too sure if they didn't look into it.

Haru seemed to have calmed down, letting out a shaky sigh. She pulls away from his grip, looking away with a frown.

"Sorry...my anger took the better of me," Haru whispers, ashamed by her display. She was losing her cool, but she couldn't help it when it came to her parents. She adored them so much, that when the moment came when her parents were murdered...she wanted to kill every single Jujutsu Sorcer, and eradicate their existence from the world.

But she knew that won't solve anything...and it won't bring back her adoring parents. And that is the part that hurt her the most. 

"They did...everything they could to protect me and yet...I was unable to do so for them," Haru whispers, her lips quivering as she shut her eyes. The sun now sets, as the moonlit sky reflected upon their presence. Gojo remained quiet, observing the woman before him. This was the first time she expressed how she felt. Haru always wore a cool facade, but now she wore a distressed expression. 

Something inside Gojo sinks. 

"I am...going to protect you,"

Haru snaps her head towards the direction where Gojo stood. Her eyes widened, staring at the sorcerer. His lips were in a firm line, standing proudly without a hint of hesitation.

"I'll look into this case...find the person that killed your parents..."

Haru's eyes began to shake, as a wave of relief washed over her body. Even after she doubted him earlier, this sorcerer was willing to risk himself to help her. It moved her heart a bit.

Haru lets out a small smile, "Thank yo--"

"--But in exchange, you need to marry me~!"

Haru's smile drops, her eyes going expressionless as she stared into his playful smile. She deadpans, while his beaming energy failed to blind her. Haru then turns away from him, heading straight through the door of the dojo.

"On second thought...I want to cancel our deal--"

"W-WAIT...!! WAIT...!! I WAS JUST KIDDING!! C-COME BACKKKKK!!!"

.

.

.

.

.

2 months have passed since the deal between the two Heirs. It has been the same procedure as always. She would train with Gojo if he has spare time, secretly meet with Megumi once in a while and undergo some hidden missions alone. Depending on what the curses have done, she would either take them under the Cursed Contract or eliminate them.

"I've decided that you will be working with another Jujutsu Sorcerer~!!"

There was Gojo on another stupid scheme of his. He always had the knack to ruin moments such as these. The duo was currently eating at a 5-star restaurant, with a private section filled with many extravagant cuisines. Gojo even went all the way to doll her up for the occasion. Haru didn't mind, mostly because the delicious food was being paid for by none other than yours truly, Gojo Satoru. 

After all...free food was free food.

"So you decided to hook me up with some sorcerer without even consulting with me..." She says, munching on the steak that sat elegantly on its plate. Honestly speaking, she was too busy minding her business in eating than being mad at him. She was not gonna let his words affect her from enjoying the delicious steak.

"Now why would you twist my words like that?" He sighs, pouting as he twirled the cranberry juice that was served in a wine glass. Shocking enough, Gojo was unable to hold his liquor. Haru, on the other hand, can still be sober even on the 100th served. 

"I know I oathed to protect you no matter what...but there might be a time when you will need to rely on others," He says, sipping on the juice. Haru slightly flinches at this, halting before she could take another bite. Her hazel eyes slowly peer up at him, studying through his dark lenses where she could see his piercing blue eyes. 

"..." Haru frowns, "So...you're saying that there is going to be a time when you'll be defeated..."

Was that even possible? Haru wasn't sure. She knew Gojo Satoru was the Strongest, his cursed technique balanced out the existence of both sorcerers and curses. Was it possible that even the Strongest can be defeated? 

Gojo took note of that doubt, his brows furrow. 

"Don't worry about it...It doesn't hurt if we expand your sources," He then leans forward, elbows taping the polished table. He reassured her with a smirk of his, "You'll be fine...I promise,"

Since he seemed so sure of himself, Haru let it slide. But there was still a lingering doubt lurking in the corners of her heart but she decided to push those thoughts aside for now. 

"Well then...let me ask another question," Haru lifts up her fork, pointing it at him, "Can this sorcerer be trusted?"

Gojo smiles, tilting his head, "Of course~ after all, he does not associate with the higher-ups and works under me,"

'So another victim of his...poor guy...' Haru muses to herself, munching on the last piece of steak. Since the sorcerer was someone who worked directly under him, meant that there won't be an issue of being exposed. 

"I've already told him about your situation, so he knows not to go around talking. Besides, he's not that kind of guy," Gojo spoke with a grin, seemingly proud. Haru had to take his word for it.

"Alright then...I'll trust in your word," Haru nods, now going back in eating. 

"Your mission will be tomorrow, that way the two of you can familiarize," Gojo began to pick on his plate, twirling his fork with the pasta, "I won't be there with you two since I have a mission on my own. Probably won't be back for about a week..."

'Another one?' She thought, holding back her question. The man before her has lately been receiving many missions, it almost felt burdening every time he invited her to eat in these extravagant places. Despite his busy schedule, he made time for her.

'Well...it's not like I've been asking for it...' Haru deadpans but quickly pushes back that as she enjoys the feast before her. And instead, she thought about tomorrow.

'I wonder what kind of sorcerer will I be acquainted with?'

~*~

Haru walked alongside the alleys of the outer city of Tokyo. The place was an absolute dumpster, coursing with stench and negative energy. There were a few lurking curses, but they did not approach her but rather observed. Haru lifts up her phone, reading the GPS. She was close to where she was supposed to meet with the Sorcerer.

"I just need to take a left and then I'll see the abandon subway line..." She murmurs to herself, "Gojo said he will be waiting outside,"

Pan, her Curse, morphs itself into her shoulder, eyes twitching as he began to stutter, "¤♤○M-Master..!! ¤♤○CAn we really trust??? ¤♤○W-What if....!! It's a t-trap..!??¤♤○" The Curse began to panic, making Haru deadpan slightly. 

"A trap or not...I won't go down without a fight...so prepare yourself," At her words, Pan flinched. The Curse was not a fighter, thus he disappeared off from her shoulder with a cry. 

In the direction of the GPS, she was now close. She took the left at the given time, and after a couple of steps...she finally made it towards the said subway line. Her hazel eyes quickly caught glimpse of the man that was waiting. His back was facing her, s he appeared to be wearing a beige suit. Her eyes then widen.

"This...cursed energy...!"

At her words, the man in the suit finally turned to face her, only to also flinch when he saw her. 

"Y-You're...from the bakery," His words come out, eyes widen from behind his sunglasses, now fully turning towards her with equal shock. They stare at each other...none uttering a word.

The sorcerer before Haru was Nanami Kento. The very same man that visited the bakery where she worked at. Nanami Kento was the designated partner that will be working alongside Haru. The sorcerer that will help her in need of emergency.

'You've....got to be kidding me...' Haru deadpans, already wanting to go home. Out of all people, she was not expecting her partner to be the same guy that visited her bakery. Now it made things even more awkward than they already should.

The man was the first to break the awkward silence, clearing his throat. He too felt a bit uncomfortable by the sudden meet-up. Never did he imagine that the said Ando Heir would happen to be the woman from the shop. It really was a small world.

"My name is Nanami Kento, Grade 1 Sorcerer...Gojo has informed me of your situation," He began, bowing his head her way respectfully. Seeing that he introduced himself, Haru did the same.

"Haruka Ando...but I go by Haru Matsumoto...unregistered sorcerer," Haru lightly bows, "Sorry for the trouble,"

"No need to apologize, I'm pretty sure that the one that arranged this was Gojo himself...without consulting with you of course,"

Nanami hit the jackpot. It seems like he quite knew about the Six Eye sorcerer and his unexpected schemes. 

"Well, enough of that...our mission is to eliminate all the Curses here," Nanami began, turning from his heel as he looked down towards where the staircase that led down the abandoned subway line. 

"Or rather...I'm here to test your limits," He concludes, now turning to glance over his shoulder, "Your technique allows you to control Curses...and make Contracts with them,"

"Since the two of us will be seeing more often, we will try to familiarize ourselves with our fighting styles," Nanami began to take a step forward towards the stairway, Haru following behind. Both could sense the energy down, becoming more and more suffocating. 

"A hideout of Curses?" Haru mumbles, making sure to watch her steps since the place looked like it was going to collapse.

"Various types of Curses...and it only grew this much because of the rumors surrounding it," Nanami replies, he too as well taking cautious steps. He also made sure to keep an eye on Haru in case she would miss a step.

"Ah...that the place is haunted..." Haru concludes, squinting her eyes as it became darker the further they walked. Nanami stops, extending his arm to stop her from walking. The sorcerer proceeds to take out a small flashlight, quick to illuminate the dark stairs. 

"I had a feeling this might be the case...hopefully it won't be this dark inside..." Nanami hands the flashlight towards Haru, as he too took one out for himself. She thanks him.

As they made their way down, they saw small critters like Curses run away at their presence. No one attacked, and when they made it down the base, there were a few lights turned on inside the subway. It appears that at least that was able to continue to light despite its condition. 

They turn off their flashlight, seeing no use in it. 

"What grade is this mission...?" Haru asked, seeing the small curses running away.

"According to Gojo, this is a Grade 2 mission. It would be ideal to avoid fighting higher grades simply since this will be our first time fighting," Nanami states, peering around the wretched area. He then takes another look at Haru, taking note of the gun holster vest that was under her jacket.

"So you use guns as your weapon," He analyzes, seeing the two pistols that were adjusted. She nods, figuring that taking off her jacket would be the most logical answer in case something happens. 

"Yeah...it's much easier since the Curses are the ones that do the work," Haru tilts her jacket to the side, where then, Pan appears with a sleazy grin. He folds her jacket and takes it with him, not before turning to look over at Nanami and sticking his tongue at him.

"???" Nanami was dumbfounded, he's been mocked by Curses before...but not like this. 

"Sorry about that..." Haru deadpans, lightly glaring at Pan who quickly vanished, "These guys...aren't much fond of Jujutsu Sorcerers,"

Nanami nods, fixing his oddly shaped sunglasses, "I cannot blame them...because Jujutsu Sorcerers are shit,"

"Fair point," Haru was quick to agree with a blank look.

It appeared that the two shared mutual feelings towards the Jujutsu Sorcerers. Especially towards a certain blue-eyed sorcerer. Perhaps they can get along more than they imagine.

.................

......................

Thank you for reading!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 117 10
While Satoru knew the role he was to fill being the 'world's strongest sorcerer', he struggled to find a passion-- something to truly dedicate his li...
16.2K 291 53
"You know. Life's going a little too good right now. Somethings off" "DON'T say that Kelly you'll jinks it!" And that's exactly what she did. Life co...
1.7K 84 5
The desired to be heard and belonged. A girl that was punished as they claim her to be dark and uncontrollable, how pitiful. How long has it been sin...
154K 4.2K 32
edited! All your life, you've been taught to fit in; to be ordinary. But you weren't ordinary, because you saw them. You saw the curses that littere...