The Jock, The Nerd and The Ge...

By v_adams

The Jock: Paris Holmes, also known as Hermes. The most popular boy in all of Wystwood High who everyone hates... More

Excerpt
Author's Note
Mood boards
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Birthday Chapter
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
College AU
26
27
28
29
30
Epilogue (Part One)
Epilogue (Part Two)

8

1.9K 57 34
By v_adams

"I'm actually quite surprised you were smart enough for that. Not that it's surprising you're smart, you know."

Every sunday afternoon was bingo day for most old people and Ace's Grandma, Ophelia and his Abuela were not excluded, though it seemed like the former was the one always forcing the latter to come along.

And Sunday, was also a day that Marcos spent with A, except she hadn't come today so his Abuela had pleaded with him to come along with them, Ophelia deciding to bring in Ace as well.

As soon as they got there, as always, Ophelia tried introducing the boys to the grandkids of the others there, but Ace had suddenly brought up the fact that he had to fix his car since it had a problem and he didn't want it to run down when he was coming to take them back home.

Which was a good escape plan. In Marcos' opinion.

He watched, seated from the chair two feet away from Ace as he slid out from under the car, (that did have a problem) wearing dark blue overalls with black stains over his clothes and hair. "You have to talk louder, can't hear you under all the tinkering I'm doing. Can you pass over the monkey wrench?"

Marcos did as he asked, picking from the toolbox on his lap, and handed it to Ace took it and slid back below again. As soon as he was gone, Marcos sighed, pouting. "Can I ask you a question? A rhetorical one?"

"So you don't want an answer?"

"Like, I want one, but it's not like, real, you know?" Marcos asked, licking his lower lips. "So let's say I had a girlfriend, and she's not... Picking my calls. Can you like, guess any random reason why?"

He knew that Alex had a really good reason for ignoring him. He was aware of how she felt going to see her Father and expected him to come along whenever she was.

But yesterday, he had been trapped with someone that he couldn't afford to disappoint, for Mother's sake.

And lied to Alex that it was a 'family thing.'

Marcos knew that lies were one thing that Alex couldn't stand. Heck, he knew she'd never forgive him if she found out, but he couldn't tell her the truth.

That the reason he couldn't be there for her, the one time she needed him, was because he was on a date.

Ace slid out once again and stared at him with a questionable look. Marcos could swear that a question mark was hanging over his head. "Is this for a friend?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"You don't have any other friends except me," The male replied, "Except maybe you do. Is it one of your online gamer friends? Do you guys talk about girls? Why don't you talk about them with me?"

Marcos gave a small laugh, trying to ignore the hurt look in his friend's eyes. "I was being rhetorical."

"But I can talk girls with you, you know that right?" Then he went back under, "Green Arrow or not."

It was the name Ace had decided to call himself ever since he found out that he was Aromantic, not that it was surprising, Ace liked to treat everything like it didn't really matter. "I know. But that's beside the point, let's say... Let's say that I did have one and she's avoiding me,"

"Like for how long?"

"A day and a half?"

Ace was silent for a while then finally said, "She's not avoiding you. She's probably on her period."

"She doesn't have those period swings thing," As soon as the words left his mouth, Ace slid out again, still confused about how he'd know that, since it was rhetorical, and to save himself, added, "That's what my gamer friend said. You know how we are. Real life girlfriends feel like a lot of work,"

"Hmm." The male slipped back under again. "Then you obviously did something wrong."

"He didn't," Marcos replied. Which was a lie. He really was on a lying roll. "From what he told me. He wouldn't like, dare. His girlfriend would punch him in the face and stuff."

Perhaps she'd put my cock in a cage and flush the key.

"Well, you can't exactly have any biceps when you spend most of the time strengthening your fingers," Then he was quiet for a while before he added, "Might be good at fingering though."

"Oh God, shut up." Marcos chuckled then shook his head. "Focus, Ace. This is important. He says his girlfriend has never avoided him before and she's not in his league so he doesn't want to lose her."

Even though he lied.

"So you're asking what he should do, to get her attention once again? Since she's avoiding his calls, and possibly his texts too?"

Marcos nods. "Uh huh,"

Ace slipped out again, but this time, he stood up from the mat and picked up the water bottle from the bonnet of the car. "He should just go over to her house and throw rocks on her window or something— Oww!"

He turned around and faced his blue haired friend, his hand rubbing the back of his head. "What was that for?"

Marcos couldn't stop laughing. "I was practicing my rock throwing abilities,"

"My head's not a window though," Ace replied, drinking the water from his bottle before emptying it and throwing it to a bin. "But I was being serious. Isn't that cute to some girls?"

"His girlfriend is different,"

"That's what they all say, but we all know, pussy is still what they have." Ace replied, "Or you could just do it the old fashioned way. Fuck her best friend."

"Oh my God," Marcos was gasping for air with the amount of laughs leaving his lips. "She doesn't have a best friend! And what the hell, Ace?!"

"Wait. So she's different, cool, and dramatic, but she doesn't have a best friend?" The guy shook his head. "Nah. Shit don't add up. They always have a best friend. Someone uglier to rub it in their faces or something."

Marcos sighed. He had no idea why he brought this up in the first place. "She's not like that,"

"Do you know her?"

Marcos was looking away, hiding his face with his hand. "Ah, well, not exactly —"

"I bet he's never even shown you her picture," Ace gave out a dramatic sigh. "This computer nerds. She probably doesn't exist."

He looked at him now. "She does!"

"Are you like really sure?" Ace said, resting on the car and folding his arms. "Like really sure?"

Was he?

No, of course he was! Alex was his girlfriend and she did exist, and maybe their relationship methods were unorthodox but that didn't mean anything!

Ace shrugged. "Told ya,"

Marcos only stuck out his tongue out at him before he felt his phone vibrate. At first, he wanted to ignore it, thinking it was him, but when it rang again, he brought it out of his pocket.

A is calling.

He suddenly shot out of his chair and walked far away from his friend who called his name though he ignored it and picked her call.

Her voice felt like rain on his skin. Pleasing, but cold. "Why didn't you pick my calls?"

"I thought it was someone else," He replied then before she could ask who it was, said, "Are you mad at me, A? You wouldn't even talk to me. Did I do something wrong?"

She was silent for some seconds and he could bet that the reason she was that way was because she wanted to ask who it was that would make him do what he did, but eventually she decided to just go on with what she wanted to say. "Did you get the card?"

"Yeah," He put his hand into his pants pocket and brought out her platinum credit card. Marcos knew with time that whenever she left it in his locker, it meant she was taking him shopping or wanted him to just spend on himself.

It excited him though. Not the shopping part, he just wanted to see her. "I have it here."

"Good. I want you to take Holmes to the hospital, get him checked and buy whatever drugs he needs."

He blanched. "What?"

"I'm sure you heard,"

"But —" You haven't been talking to me. Is it because of him? Were you avoiding me for him? "Okay, okay." He knew asking her any questions wouldn't be for his benefit so he decided to settle with agreeing.

Obey, before complaints, right? "Where is he?"

"He's at the basketball center."

"Okay," He waited for her to end the call but when she didn't, he decided to take an extra bold step. "Will I see you today, Mommy?"

"Do as I asked, and you might."

Then she hung up.

Marcos stared at his phone then at the card at his hand before returning to his friend who was now staring at the engines of the car. "Hey, Ace. I have to go now."

"Now?" He turned to him. "I don't think it's time to pick them yet."

"It's not, I just— Have somewhere to be."

"Oh, yeah. You did dress though." He said with a nod. Marcos was wearing a brown turtleneck bodysuit, with dark brown cargo pants, a white cropped jacket and square gold rimmed glasses, because he thought he was seeing her. "Who you going to see?"

Marcos was picking up the strap of his purse when he heard his mouth reply, "Paris Holmes."

As soon as he said those words, he froze and so did his friend before they both turned to face each other and the latter said, "I knew it!"

Marcos walked to Ace, hands out to clamp itself on his mouth to stop the male from saying they'd both regret eventually. "No, no, you knew nothing!"

Ace moved out of his way, still shouting at the top of his lungs. "You think you could hide it forever but I know you! I mean, it makes so much sense. The most popular jock in school who is totally homophobic going out with the not yet out of the closet pretty nerd boy! It's mind-blowing!"

"No, I'm not a nerd! And this isn't a Wattpad high school book!" Marcos snapped with a hand on his waist, even though there was a smile on his face. "I'm just taking him to the hospital for sometime."

Ace rose an eyebrow. "That's a weird place for a date."

Marcos sighed. Thankful the male wasn't trying to bring up his conspiracy theories again."Because it's not a date."

"Or that's what you want us to think?" The asshole nodded with a smug look on his face. "Smart."

Marcos rolled his eyes now and began to walk away. Trying to convince Ace when he felt like he and his brain were on a mystery solving case was futile. "I'd see you in school. Please take my Abuela home for me, just incase I come back late."

"Because you'd be too busy fucking? No problemo. What are best friends for?"

"Not making stupid accusations, that's what." Marcos replied when he was out of Ace's radar before he called a cab and got to the basketball center.

Marcos got them in a few minutes, noticing some people playing and nearly had a panic attack thinking he'd have to go find Paris there but relaxed when he saw the tall hooded male outside it.

He walked to Paris and folded his hands, trying to keep a serious expression. "Hey,"

The male turned, and as always, a scowl was on his face. His eyes ran over his body. "What are you wearing?"

"What are you wearing?" Marcos shot back. There had been a time when anyone talking about how he dressed hurt him, but he never dressed for them, but for himself and A, and they both like it.

Plus, it was weird for a misogynistic male like him to wear a pink kitten eared hoodie so his question was quite valid.

Paris stared back at him, the dislike in his eyes for him burning brighter before he said in a less venomous tone. "What are you doing here?"

"A sent me here to take you to the hospital." Marcos studied the look on Paris' face which showed obvious disbelief. "She didn't tell you?"

"She only said that I should wait here," He looked absolutely pissed now. "Fuck!"

Marcos moved away as the male kicked the ground in anger then suddenly paused and let out a small hiss, holding onto the metal net of the basketball center for support.

His back. Something was wrong with his back. "Is it because of your ba —?"

Paris turned to him in a flash, eyes wide with hate in his eyes. "What is it to you? It's not like you give a fuck. You're only asking cause she sent you? Or did you come to rub it in?"

"What?"

"She's fucking avoiding me!" He snapped. "After everything that happened — Fuck!"

Marcos knew from experience what happened, meant. At first, he stared, unsure of what he was feeling and it wasn't even jealousy. "I didn't know about it. She's avoiding me too. To be honest, the only time she'd actually spoken to me was telling me to take you to the hospital."

He turned to me, gritting his teeth. "I'm not going anywhere,"

Marcos stared back. "Holmes."

Paris scoffed, turning away. "You can't make me, Gomez."

"There's no point in being all sulky. If she wants you going, it means it's something serious. A wouldn't give a fuck if it wasn't."

"A this and A that." Paris snapped, now standing close to Marcos' face with a snarl on his. "Don't you get tired of acting like her fucking bitch? Doing everything she asks? Don't you have somewhere to be right now?"

"Stop acting like this wasn't what you wanted! You wanted to be fucked and you got fucked! Stop acting like a child!" Marcos yelled back.

At that instant, Paris stared wide eyed at the male who was now raking a hand in his hair, taking in deep breaths. "I'd hire a Uber driver and take you to the hospital, all you just have to do is show up there. That's really it. Is that okay?"

Paris didn't give an answer.

"Fine," Marcos answered with a sigh taking out his phone. "I'd get the car."

In a few minutes, they were both seated in the passenger seat of a car, staring outside the windows.

Marcos was grateful that the driver wasn't asking any questions but as soon as he thought that, he heard the lady say, "Couples quarrel?"

Paris replied first with sarcasm. "And what gave that idea?"

The woman stared back at him through her rearview mirror with a shrug. "Can feel the tension. What happened? He break your favourite vase or something?"

Paris' eyes formed slits. "You're getting two stars."

"What?" She turned around for a second and then turned back to the road. "What did I do?"

"One." Paris replied, frown on his face. "Stop talking."

She did.

Marcos nearly let out a laugh but as soon as Paris turned to him, he put a hand over his mouth and coughed, turning back to his window.

Getting to the hospital, Paris walked first while Marcos did second, but he apologized about his friend and gave her five stars before joining him.

When they got in, Marcos handed over the card to Paris who looked like he wanted to bolt but eventually walked to the counter before Marcos walked over to a seat in the hallway.

They were other people around him, mostly old ones, for some reason, and one even pointed at him, giving a wave that he returned.

Probably knew him because of his Abuela.

Marcos turned back Paris who took the card from the lady before he walked to him. It was obvious that he was limping, even though he was trying his hardest not to, and when he sat, he hissed and tried staying in a more comfortable position once more.

As soon as he was though, he folded his hands and looked away, the scowl on his face had dissolved, replaced with a more subtle frown, but as always, Marcos wasn't the type to be quiet for long.

"About the other time," He paused waiting for him to interrupt, and when he didn't, continued. "In the hall, I really shouldn't have done what I did. I was having a bad day and I just wanted A but you were standing there and it was so annoying —,"

Paris turned to him, the scowl back. Marcos swallowed and looked at his feet. "I'm just saying that I'm sorry. For bringing that up. I'm not— I'm not a mean person, and I shouldn't have mentioned it. Sorry." Then he looked back at him, saying with a more cheerful tone. "If it would make you feel any better, I can help."

"Help with what?"

"With —" He nudged his head towards him. "You know,"

Paris' eyes widened immediately, his cheeks now turning pink as he hissed under his breath, "Why the fuck are you saying that?!"

"I just —,"

"No one says that!" He snapped.

"I'm sorry," Marcos squeaked out. How was he supposed to know that no one did when he had never talked to anyone about it before? "It's just that I've been there, with her once."

Paris didn't reply.

"She was... Falling in love with me and was scared about it, and so, to make me hate her, fucked me so hard that I bled —,"

Paris turned to him, with a disturbed expression causing him to cough and look down again. "What I'm saying is, I've been there before and I know what can help make the soreness go down a bit. I can just text it to you right now, if you want."

He continued staring at him and gave him a small nod. Marcos let out a sigh of relief before he heard Paris ask, "Aren't you mad at me?"

"I should be," He says softly. "But when I saw you. How hurt you were after she ignored you—"

"Don't."

It didn't take any miracle for Marcos to understand that Paris' pride was at stake, considering she seemed to have rejected him, again, so he said instead, "I'm just trying to say that, when A and I first started, there was no one I could talk to, or ask for help that would understand. I mean, you're a guy and you're sure you're not gay, but you like being fucked in the ass by a woman. That's another level of disgust for some people."

"So it's more like, I don't want you going through what I did," He completed. "That's all."

Paris didn't reply.

It took an hour after Paris had seen the doctor before he returned to Marcos, telling him he had to get some pills and the male could go wait for him outside, which he was doing before he bumped into someone.

A face he didn't expect to see. "Marcos. It's so nice to see you again."

Doctor Carlisle. She had been his therapist for a while, when his anxiety attacks had become frequent, not that she ever made them go away.

Somehow, she always made it worse.

Marcos wanted to walk away, ignore her, but his feet didn't want to move. "H-Hey."

"You're looking healthy," She stated. There was a smile on her face. She was always smiling. "Did you come alone?"

Would you like to play a little game with me?

Marcos could feel vomit climb up his mouth but before he could puke all over his body, a hand now rested itself on his waist, pulling him into a pink surface as a deep voice replied, "He came with me."

Without thinking, Marcos clung unto the body, burying his face into the pink hood as he heard her say, "I see. Well it was nice to see you again, Gomez."

Marcos still didn't raise his head up, until they were outside and he pulled away from him, taking his huge breaths of air while he held unto a wall.

As he did so, A's face flashed in his head. "Breathe for me, princess. I know you can do it."

Immediately, he relaxed, letting out another breath before he opened his eyes, and surprisingly, when he turned, Paris was still there, looking at him.

There was no judging look in his eyes. In truth, he still had his frown, but there was nothing hurting about it. "You alright?"

Marcos nodded, his voice small. "Thank you."

Paris nodded in reply.

This time, Paris was the one who ordered the Uber, stopping at Marcos' house first. When they arrived and Marcos walked out, he heard Paris say, "Text me, but don't expect anything in return. I've already repaid in full."

Oh.

Silly alpha male.

Still, Marcos smiled at him and gave a small wave. "Thank you, and stay safe."

As the car drove off his frontyard, he turned and walked to his house. He could hear the sound of laughter and Spanish music playing in the background.

Marcos knew that his Mother couldn't be back from work which left his Abuela. Which meant she was with someone.

He just didn't expect that person to be Alex.

She had her arms wrapped his Abuela's waist, both of them dancing to the music while they laughed out loud with a carefree look on their faces.

He stared, completely frozen. She looked free, happy, and then the fear came. Was she that way because she had finally realized he was just extra baggage and was about to get rid of him? "Amor, you're home."

"Abuela," He could feel Alex's stare on him as he walked to the old woman and hugged her. "You're glowing."

"Alex is such a good dancer," She was still laughing. Marcos could smell the spice on her now. "I'm sure you don't know how to dance. Go, let her teach you."

"Actually," Alex said, walking closer. Her eyes on him. " Abuela, I'd like to talk to him privately."

His heart skipped a beat.

"Oh," His Abuela still had her smile, staring at both of them like they were her favourite things in the world. "Of course, I shall leave you youngsters to it then."

She walked off to the kitchen, humming along to the beat while A stared at him, an expressionless look on her face. And the male quickly decided to beg before it was too late.  "Alex, I can explain —,"

She raised a hand up and he stopped as she said, "Let me speak."

Oh God, please let it not be what I think it is.

She stared at him for a while and said in one breath. "I'm sorry,"

He blanked. "What?"

Alex had her face staring at the ceiling as she spoke, "I shouldn't have ignored you because you said you were busy at a family dinner, Eros. I mean, I did crash my phone so I couldn't have replied at the beginning but I shouldn't have done that  I of all people should understand how important that is. But I couldn't help not be mad. I just wanted to be with you yesterday."

She was ... Apologizing?

"I should have replied sooner, but I was scared you were mad at me and tired of my constant temper." She continued, letting out a sigh. Constant temper? That had been before. She barely ever raised her voice at him now. "I was scared you'd break up with me."

He found himself in front of her, holding her hand as he shook his head. "No, Mama, I'd never do that."

"You could," She took her hand to his face and smiled at him. "Fuck, I don't deserve you. I realized that yesterday. You're so rare, baby. So special. I should treat you like the princess you are."

"A —," His throat was clogging. Marcos should tell her. She'd understand. She always understood, but the words refused to come out so he said instead, "I'd never hurt you on purpose, Mommy."

She smiled.

And if he thought she was happy before, she was positively beaming with it now. "If you aren't mad at me then, dance with me, princess?"

Marcos could tell he was shaking as he held her hand and she pulled him into his body, her face buried into his neck before she said in a soft voice, "You do know that if you dare leave me, I'd kill you, right?."

At those words, his heart paused. He couldn't tell if she was joking, or not but he swallowed and said, "I know, Mommy."

He heard her let out a relaxed sigh. "Good boy,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 213K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...
231K 4.7K 36
Jolie Watson was used to being invisible at her huge high school in New York City, but when her parents split up and her Mom moved them back to her t...
17.3K 653 15
"I like kissing you Ellie, are you really gonna make me stop?" ☆☆☆ Elzay Blaine has never fit into her own life. As a matter of fact she has felt cas...
6M 147K 12
[THIS IS A SAMPLE] Read the full story on Radish fiction. The link is in my Wattpad Bio. ---- Alexander isn't your typical nerd. He'll say what he wa...