A Rose Of Revenge

By AnointingYao

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Book three of the Princess Eleanora... More

Author's note.
✴️Prologue✴️
✴️Chapter 1✴️: Happily ever after, after all.
✴️Chapter 2✴️: Eight years late.
✴️Chapter 3✴️: A glimpse of life.
✴️Chapter 4✴️: No one is innocent.
✴️Chapter 5✴️: All the lies they told.
✴️Chapter 6✴️: Things aren't always as they seem.
✴️Chapter 7✴️: Humans just can't be trusted.
✴️ Chapter 8✴️: Career's day.
✴️Chapter 9✴️: I'm brOKen.
✴️Chapter 10✴️: Family Dinner.
✴️Chapter 11✴️: A visit to the graves.
✴️Chapter 12✴️: And we meet again.
✴️Chapter 13✴️: A gift for her own burial
✴️ Chapter 14✴️: A beautiful gift for my ex
✴️ Chapter 15✴️: The land of Diamonds.
✴️Chapter 16✴️: The raid.
✴️Chapter 17✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
✴️ Chapter 18✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree (2)
✴️Chapter 19✴️: It's time for a lecture, Phillips.
✴️Chapter 20✴️: Let's plan further.
✴️Chapter 21✴️:The breakout.
✴️Chapter 22✴️:Dure, the maniac.
✴️ Chapter 23✴️: A spy in the palace.
✴️Chapter 24✴️: Nora: three, Dure: zero.
✴️Chapter 25✴️: A serial killer on the loose.
✴️Chapter 26✴️: The power of the USB.
✴️ Chapter 27✴️: Foes turn friends.
✴️ Chapter 28✴️: Digging into the past.
✴️Chapter 29✴️: The great reveal (1)
✴️ Chapter 30✴️: The great reveal (2).
✴️Cast and preview✴️
✴️Chapter 32✴️: And then they realized...
✴️ Chapter 33✴️:Knock, Knock... It's me. Karma. Can I come in?
✴️ Chapter 34✴️: A not so happy reunion.
✴️Chapter 35✴️: A christmas night to remember.
✴️Chapter 36✴️: Epilogue?
✴️Morals of the novel✴️
✴️ Author's note✴️

✴️Chapter 31✴️: The apple of her eyes.

30 11 7
By AnointingYao

Heartbreak was definitely not the word. Confusion, close enough. Pain, not yet there. Guilt wasn't even close. Disappointment wasn't a feeling she was qualified for. Simply put, she was a disaster of emotions as she watched the trending video online. She didn't know if it was the comments of the people that hurt her or the video itself. One hand combed through her hair while the other held the instrument that was damaging her emotions.

Her eyes were bloodshot but she hadn't even shed a tear. She could feel it upcoming though. Upcoming wails. Her husband wasn't home. He's been out for three days which actually worries her now.

Kalia watched her from the corner of the room, slowly watching her mistress go mad slowly. She kept playing the video again and again just to be sure it was Dure in the video. The video had spread like wildfire and this is definitely worse than Nora's sex scandal which is still being referred to every once in a while but jobless delinquents, who use it for memes.

She saw it clearly, Dure threw a metallic ball at Nora, the other lady took the blow for Nora and slowly passed away with a bleeding head in the hands of Nora. She also saw it as Dure grabbed Nora out of the room. That was the end of the video. The video was tagged, 'Get Justice for Ciara'. Luckily for Kalia, she doesn't know why her mistress was going mad. If she knew, she probably wouldn't still be in the same room with Tina.

Now here's the thing she didn't understand, for she had never seen that part of her husband. He had never raised his hand at her except for the time in Lokai where he hit her accidentally. He had never been so... Brutal. His face was one in which you'd find warmth. So what's going on here? Who would be so wicked to frame her husband and place it on the internet. The video was driving her mad but the comments... Lord, have mercy, were enough to take breath out of her. They didn't even spare her, they dragged her into the comments.

@Celimasart- Did the lady just...die? 2.4M replies, 765❤️

@Welima- reply to @Celimasart No, she did not. She's dancing to the beat of the underground music🙄. 2.5M replies, 896k❤️.

@Xtunes- reply to Welima Why are people so wicked😭😭😹😹😹. It was just a question 😩. 235k replies, 1M❤️.

@Memeinthehouse- This is definitely not true. This was staged. 7.85k replies, 435k❤️.

@Kkbc - reply to @memeinthehouse Sit down at the corner of your house, think before you post any shit in here. Does this look staged to you? The girl that died, did she look like she was faking a seizure. You motherfuckers🤬 don't just know when to shut up! 5.68k replies, 567k❤️

@Rockabyebaby- Did you see the way he dragged Princess Eleanora? He fucking dragged her by her hair! Like a dirty piece of rag! Women, were you at? We got an emergency to take care of of. He must be locked up. I don't care how! 2M replies, 3.8M❤️

@Hermother'sdaughter- To believe I was actually crushing on a demon all this while, I'm disgusted 🤢 2.4M replies, 345k❤️

@Therubixx- I can't tell you how many times I watched this video just to be sure it's Duke Dure in the video. The Duke Dure I see in the television is mostly Cool, calm and handsome. But the one in this video? Like, no one will ever believe he's the one ☹️. Poor Princess Eleanora, the fear was evident on her face. She's been through a whole lot but kept quiet. She's a strong woman. 436k replies, 5M❤️

@JayKelly- reply to @Therubixx Why are you still calling him Duke? What's Duky about him? To actually think I hated Eleanora, hurts me more because I know what it means to be in an abusive relationship. I just walked out of one and as I'm typing, I'm currently at the clinic receiving treatment. People like Dure most be hanged in public as an example for other people. Besides, Don't you ever judge a man by his looks. Looks really are deceitful. Talking from experience. 890k replies, 3M❤️.

@dontfuckwithme-I heard he even married her best friend. I pray Princess Eleanora's spirit continues to torture them. 789k replies, 345k❤️.

@Mcbbc- reply to @dontfuckwithme A hardened criminal married a whore, what's so wrong in that? A real human would never choose love over true friendship. 456k replies, 567k❤️.

@Penelopecares- reply to @Mcbbc Speak for yourself, bitch🙄. Not all 'true friendships' are worthy to be placed above love. 563k replies, 987k❤️

Kalia caught the phone, just in time from her mistress, who allowed it to slip from her hand, switched off the phone, placed the phone on the bed and squatted before her mistress. Those hot tears could scald someone's skin and as it touched Kalia's hand, she began to feel for her mistress.

Tina staggered to her feet, the tears clouded her vision and her face swollen like an unbaked bread with instant yeast.

She began to wonder, if she was indeed wrong to have trusted Dure. If he was truly who she thought he was or he had just been pretending or the video wasn't even real. Her vision became blurry and her brain began to hibernate, as she slowly hit the floor and all became dark.
__________________________________✍️

"How do I tell him the truth and he'd believe me?" Solomon asked Nanny, as he took a sit on the plastic chair beside her.

His Master had asked him to get Dure for him and bring him over, but Solomon knew quite well, that Wilson could even kill Dure in his state of anger, and that would mean, Solomon failed his master. His true Master.

If Dure would at least die, he should die knowing the truth. But how to relay the truth to him, without it being awkward, was what Solomon didn't know how to do. Dure might not believe if he was told that the father he acknowledged and was filial to all these years, was not even his birth father to start with, and he was the cause of his biological father's death.

"You're right, Solomon. He might not believe you, but you'll have to tell him either ways. He might find it hard to believe you but he's definitely not stupid. He'll find out it's the truth anyways".

"Neither does he have the best temper. Sometimes, when I see him react to things, I doubt he's the true son of his father" Solomon stated his worries to Nanny, who's old hand patted his lap to comfort him.

"If we had some kind of evidence, it'd have made it easier for us". Nanny stated, which brought to his old memory, the recording he had done earlier.

"Speaking of evidence..." Solomon trailed off as he put his hand into his back trouser pocket and brought out the recorder.

"I recorded the conversation they had that day". Solomon said to Nanny as he showed her the recorder and played the audio he had recorded that day for her to hear.

Justin on the other hand, had just dropped his kids at school and went in to his room to have a quick bath before going over to Eleanora's.

Walking into his room, he saw James playing a video game, so wholeheartedly that he decided not to disturb his friend and move on to the bathroom, hopefully without being noticed.

"So..." James started, pausing the game and turning to his friend who was now at the entrance of the bathroom.

"Me thinking I almost got past you unnoticed". Justin sighed, leaning on the door of the bathroom to look at his friend.

"I saw you with the corner of my eyes". James told him, giving a brief smile before turning all serious again.

"Blu and Indigo talked about their mother this morning, while I was helping them dress up, and they said they're sure that Indigo got his looks from his mother who they were sure looked like a Barbie. Seeing as their mother looks like the Queen of Hell, I won't be surprised if one of them passes out at the sight of their mother or even have nightmares, right after". James said.

"And what are you driving at?" Justin asked James, knowing James doesn't start that kind of conversation without a reason.

"When will they meet? Nora and her children" James asked the one question that has been bothering Justin all these while.

"She's not ready to meet them". Justin replied almost immediately in a dismissing manner.

"So, when will she be ready?" James asked him.

"Listen... Right now... Nora is... A mess! A big mess and she's totally different from who she was before. Who she is now isn't exactly the mother material. And I fear that she'd teach the kids what's not". Justin stated his fears.

"Hearing you call the love of your life a mess wasn't exactly what I was expecting... But I'm glad you can finally reason straight. Although, the fact that she's a mess doesn't change the fact that she's a mother. And no matter how messy a mother is, she definitely wouldn't rub that mess on her kids".

"When I say mess, I'm referring to her emotions. She's not stable emotionally and mentally. She's been through a lot, I know and it really bothers me to know that. But hurting herself when she's angry with herself or doing something crazy like breaking things and slapping people to shut them up isn't definitely normal but if the kids see their mother do that, they might think it's totally normal and that's what I'm trying to guard against. Besides, Dure's children and our kids attend the same school. I don't want hate to be transferred to the next generation"

"Justin... that's just your assumption. Give Nora a chance. Nora has to know she has children so as to reset her thinking. Give her a chance at this. You wouldn't want to be kept away from your own kids just because people think you're crazy, right?" James asked, trying to convince him. Justin was silent for a while, thinking through it roughly, before replying

"I'll ask Nanny about this. She's the only one that can help out right now".

"Does Nanny know she's alive?"

"I honestly don't know. But don't worry about that. I have my way with words when I'm with her". Justin said, walking to the entrance and holding the door knob to exit the room but paused when he heard James say "You rarely think straight when it comes to Nora. But to see you think straight for your children, I'm proud of you".

Justin smiled before walking out of the room to see Nanny. Jogging briefly to Nanny's room, he'd just ask for her opinion before going to see how Nora's been doing. Even though Mary had texted him that she's doing perfectly fine and she's been cool headed these days especially with Annabelle around but he would like to see her with her own eyes.

He held the door knob and was about to twist it when he heard Nanny say "What I still don't get is Tamara...Tamara knew all about this. She personally handed over to the Henias her only grandson. She also knew Eleanora was his sister, yet she attended their wedding?! She allowed their marriage? That Queen Bitch!"

"After Queen Tamara handed Brixton over to Wilson, Wilson immediately transferred him abroad to school there and study business administration and economics. It was after he went abroad that Prince Andrews asked me to go undercover and look after his highness. By the time the young Prince came back, he was all grown up and his name was already changed from Brixton Andrews to Dure Henia. So it wasn't quite a surprise that Queen Tamara didn't know Dure was her grandson. Even I almost failed to recognize him at his arrival". Solomon replied Nanny.

"And that Child of mine, kept silent and decided not to let me know about this! If she had let me know, I'd have gotten him back before he was even shipped abroad!"

"Prince Andrews and your daughter knew that fighting Queen Tamara was like throwing an egg on a rock. And they also knew that you would do anything to protect your grandchildren so they hid it from you. Queen Tamara was Prince Andrews backbone and as the then Crown Prince, he needed her su-"

"Solomon, I didn't call you here to give me excuses and that was a rhetorical question!" Nanny interrupted him with annoyance before sighing heavily, rubbing her old hands on her old wrinkled forehead, she continued "Kalia, Nora's bodyguard, told me last week that she's met with Nora and Nora is willing to go through hell just to make sure Dure suffers for what he did. Now I know that child more than anyone and if there's any thing that's glaring in her, it's that she's incredibly stubborn. How do we tell her that Dure is her brother without telling her?" Nanny asked confused Solomon.

Justin's hand slowly drop from the doorknob when what she said fully registered in his mind.

The two old people were confused. This was something that could get them killed if the information wasn't handled properly. There was silence before Nanny went on nagging her dead daughter.

"Despite me telling her not to keep any secret away from me. Don't hide any secret away from your mother. I can't count how many times I've said that. She is my daughter. My child. And my grandchildren are also a part of me. I don't mind going through hell bringing that boy back home. If she had told me, maybe the relationship between those two wouldn't be so complicated".

When Solomon was tired of her nagging, he stood to his feet, calmly taking back the recorder in Nanny's hands while she kept on nagging.

"Now one is no better than a houseboy and the other is slowly turning to a mental patient. Who will believe that those two are from a royal lineage?" Nanny kept nagging.

"I'll play this for him. If he believes or not, I leave this in the hands of fate". Solomon said to Nanny before putting the recorder in his pocket. Even though it was obvious that Nanny wasn't even listening, shaking her legs with her gaze lost into the distance, she definitely didn't hear what he had said.

Solomon knew better than to disturb her at that particular moment, so he silently walked to the door but upon opening it, he yelped and staggered backwards when he saw Justin at the door.

There stood Justin, standing like a statue, frozen to the bone like he had been electrocuted. His body shivering like someone bathed with cold water on a wintery night. His heart was the only sound he could hear as all other thing had become mute. His mind was blank and his heart was heavy.

How do we tell her that Dure is her brother without telling her?

The words kept playing in his mind.

" I want you to do a background check on Dure for me. Find out about his background!". Nanny had once asked of him. He was slow to understand what she meant.

"Dora... You have a visitor". Solomon was quick to say before Justin walked away like he heard nothing. He doesn't want to spare even an innocent man for he knew that the news was a matter of life and death, so he informed Nanny who he knew would take care of the situation.

"Dora!" He called out to Nanny again which made Nanny snap out of her gaze.

In no time, Nanny walked to the door upon hearing that and was shocked to see Justin, but she was quick to recover from the shock and compose herself.

"Haven't you ever learned not to eavesdrop on people's conversation?" Nanny scolded frozen Justin who still seemed to be passing through a temporary trauma.

"I'll leave you two alone". Solomon said before giving a little bow and walking away.

"Is it true?" Were the only words that could roll out of Justin's tongue. His eyes paired with Nanny, hoping all he heard were not true.

"Why ask me a question which you already know the answer to?" Nanny replied him back with a question.

There was thick silence in the air, the duo having a staring competition. Different thoughts running through each of their minds but none dared to say a word.

The playful screams and thud could be heard downstairs as the boys arrived, racing after each other like two lovers running on the beach. Blu ran upstairs, Indigo hot on his chase.

"Grandma! Grandma!!" Blu screamed in fear as he ran towards Nanny, hiding behind her while Indigo ran over to him, holding that creepy long thing called a centipede, using it to scare his brother.

Nanny was forced to break eye contact as she intervened into the twins matter, while Justin turned his back to the twins so they wouldn't see his shocked face which he just found it hard to recover from.

"What are you holding, Indie?" Nanny asked Indigo, who snickered before replying " A centipede, grandma".

"Now Indie, it's wrong to prank your brother. What if an accident happens while you prank him? I'm sure Indie wouldn't like to see his brother suffer just because of a harmless prank" Nanny said as she bent over to take the centipede from his hand and threw it into the dustbin close to her.

"Now Bluey, the centipede is gone. You don't need to hide again". Nanny assured Blu.

"What if he uses that hand to touch me and I turn into a centipede in my sleep?" Worried Blu asked his grandma.

"Don't worry, Blu. Your brother is just trying to scare you. He mean no harm" Nanny comforted the boy, gently patting his hair down.

Just then Mary appeared out of nowhere in front of Nanny, the twins and Justin.

Blu who was now standing beside his grandma and Indigo standing at the other side, ran to meet their Aunty Mary, hugging her tightly by the waist.

"I saw the door was opened so I walked in. You boys forgot to lock the door again". Mary said to the boys as they released her and looked up at her.

"Where have you been Aunty Mary?" They both chorused.

"Uncle James cooking is horrible. They're mostly burnt. Daddy doesn't have time for us and Grandma's arthritis always strike in the morning, so we go to school hungry". Indigo complained.

"Don't worry, boys. I'm back, aren't I?" Mary comforted the boys before moving a step backwards.

"Boys, I would like you to meet someone". Mary said to the boys before moving aside to reveal Eleanora who has been standing there all along.

Finally, the mother meets her children and grandmother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
25.8K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
36.9K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
582K 11.2K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...