Lost | Superman & Lois

By SamNicole299

Josie Kent was unexpected, changing the Kents twins into triplets. She was also very unexpected when it came... More

Josie Kent
Pilot
Heritage
The Perks Of Not Being A Wallflower
Haywire
The Best Of Smallville
Man of Steel
Holding The Wrench
Loyal Subjekts
O Mother, Where Art Thou?
Breach
New World
Shazam
Home
Earth Prime
Villains
Confused
Home
One Last Time
Truth and Consequences
Origins
Funeral
Lies That Bind
All Is Lost
Better Groff Dead
The Choad Less Traveled
Monkey Dory

Broken Trust

1.8K 63 1
By SamNicole299

Jo rushed down the stairs, as she wanted to get to training. Although she wanted to find Tag, after he attacked her brother, training seemed to be the only thing she could do. Her grandpa specifically called her and told her not to try and find Tag, as he was "too dangerous,".

"Jo, you go ready quick," Lois pointed out.

"Yeah, I just want to get to school because I have and art project to work on," Jo smiled.

"I can drive you,"

"Yeah, that'd be great,"

Lois was quick to drive Jo to the school, which Jo had no intention of staying at. When the two arrived, Jo smiled at her mom and got out.

"Have fun," Lois smiled.

Jo nodded, closing the door. She watched her mom drive off, which was when she saw Anderson in a black vehicle. When she was sure that her mother couldn't see her, she hopped in his car.

"Was my grandpa busy?" Jo asked.

"The whole rouge speedster thing has been big at the D.O.D,"

———————

Jo started the day with her warms ups, which included the speed/flying training and general push-ups and pull-ups. After that, Anderson led her to another device, which she had never seen.

"Today we'll be doing Frost breath and heat vision," Anderson explained "this device shoots out chunks of ice, which will hit you...unless you melt them,"

"Really?" Jo whined "isn't this overkill?"

"Get ready," Anderson smiled.

Jo got ready, although she had never used heat vision in her life. As expected, at least the first hundred chunks hit Jo. At this point, she wasn't tired or hurting...she was angry.

"This is stupid!" Jo yelled, stomping her foot "I can't do this if I don't know how it works!"

Another chunk of ice came out of the machine, which Jo quickly turned towards. Almost instantly, her heat vision kicked in and she melted the ice. When she saw what she did, she calmed down.

"So anger triggers your powers, interesting," Anderson thought out loud "do it again,"

Jo went on to melting chunks of ice for about another hour. After that, they did some more speed and flight training.

"Can we move on to frost breath?" Jo asked, as she was bored.

"If you want," Anderson walked to yet another device "grab the bucket,"

Jo looked down at the bucket, which was nearly white due to heat. She looked from the red hot bucket to Anderson and rose an eyebrow.

"Use your frost breath and pick it up," Anderson clarified.

Jo rolled her neck and looked down at the bucket. When she first tried, it was nothing but a regular breath. It was almost two hours before she figured out what to do.

"Come on, Jo! Use that anger!" Anderson yelled.

"What anger?" Jo questioned.

"Any anger, I don't care! What made you angry last night?"

Jo thought back to Jordan going out with Sarah and her frost breath immediately kicked in. She quickly cooled down the bucket and picked it up.

"Two hours and sixteen minutes...that's how long you'll be doing laps tomorrow," Anderson smiled.

"No, you're bluffing," Jo sighed.

"No, I'm not...now it's time for some average training,"

———————-

The rest of Jos training was spent fighting. Anderson said he wanted her to learned every fighting style, no matter how long it took.

"How was today?" Sam asked, as he walked Jo to his car.

"It was fun...tiring, but fun," Jo smiled.

"Well that's-" Sam was cut off when Jo suddenly disappeared from next to him.

What had happened was Tag decided he not only needed to take Sarah, but also Jo. He needed his friends now, more than ever, and this was the only way he could think to do so.

—————

When the world stopped moving at hyper speed, Jo looked around at her surroundings. That's when she saw both Tag and Sarah. Sarah was seemingly asleep, causing Jo to look at Tag.

"What did you do?" Jo asked, concerned.

"I-I need my friends, okay? I-there's been a lot happening an-"

"You should be getting help at the D.O.D,"

"I don't what their help! I want this to be reversed and your brother needs to figure out how!"

Jo walked to Tag and put her arm on his. She looked in his eyes and gave a sad expression.

"He can't fix this Tag, no one can. As far as everyone is concerned, this is permanent,"

Tag shook his head and walked away from Jo. He ran his hands through his hair, seemingly angry.

"Tag? What the hell, where am I?" Sarah asked, as she works up "and Jo?"

"It's okay," Tag walked over to Sarah "we're in Metropolis,"

"How are we-"

"I can move pretty fast now,"

Tag began to pull out his phone, which he pulled up the video on. Jo walked over and acted as though she was also watching the video. She didn't need Sarah to be suspicious.

"See that flare? It's coming from Jordan," Tag explained.

Sarah looked over at Jo, who only shrugged her shoulder. Leaning over towards Sarah, she whispered to her.

"We're gonna be fine, I promise,"

Sarah nodded her and grabbed onto Jos hand. It wasn't that she was scared of Tag, it more the situation than anything.

"You two know him, so I want you guys to tell me the truth," Tag said.

"What truth?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah...what truth?" Jo asked.

While Tag got angry, Superman showed up to get him. Jo stared at her father, as if she was warning him to be careful.

"Tag, don't run...you need to come with me, the D.O.D are coming and they might hurt you," Clark explained.

This caused Jo to quickly stand up and rush towards Tag. She knew her grandfather wouldn't let anything happen to her friend...or that's at least what she hoped.

"On the ground! Now!" Soldiers yelled, as they broke into multiple parts of the building "you there, back away!"

Jo didn't back away from Tag, rather she grabbed his left hand with hers as she stood in front of him. Clark's heart immediately dropped, as he watched his daughter.

"Shoot him and you shoot me," Jo snapped.

"Take him out!" One of the soldiers yelled.

Multiple rounds of bullets came flying in Jos direction, as Tag tightly held onto her hand. Before the bullets could touch the two, Clark jumped in front of them.

"Stand down!" Jo could hear her grandfather yell into the headset of the soldiers.

Once the weapons were down, Jo spun around and pulled Tag in for a hug. Before he could hug back, he was being pulled away and put in cuffs.

"You'll be fine, I promise," Jo smiled.

Tags nodded his head, as he was led out of the building. Once everyone was gone and Sarah was taken home, Clark made it back to Jo.

"That was reckless, you don't have your powers anymore!" Clark yelled.

"I didn't expect them to shoot! Especially with Grandpa running this shit!" Jo yelled.

"Dad, Jons hurt," Jordan suddenly said.

Jo pretended she couldn't hear and asked her father what was wrong. Instead of answering, he sped Jo and himself towards Jordan.

—————-

"Doctor said the cast comes off in six to eight weeks," Clark explained as everyone walked into the house.

"Could have been worse," Jo sighed.

"Speaking of worse," Clark looked at Lois.

"What else happened tonight?" Lois sighed.

"Jo almost got shot, under the command of your fathers men,"

"What?!?"

"It wasn't his fault, I'm guessing he told his team to take out Tag no matter what...even when Jo stood in front of Tag, to protect him,"

Lois looked over at her daughter and threw her arms up. It seemed like her daughter was just throwing herself at death lately.

"Are you kidding me? Your father was there, so why did you do that?" Lois snapped.

"Mom, he's my friend and I wasn't gonna let anything happen to him. Wether dad is at a situation like that or not, I will chose to protect people I care about," Jo said calmly.

Lois nodded her head, understanding her daughter. It wasn't like she could tell her daughter to let her loved ones die, without at least trying to protect them.

"Just go to your room," Lois  sighed.

——————-

The next morning, Jo got up and made her way to "school". She was still convinced her mom would soon find out about her going to the D.O.D.

"Today we're working on X-ray vision and super strength," Anderson explained after Jo finished her warm ups.

"We are moving quick, aren't we?" Jo joked.

"I've decided I need a leader of the new team we're building...and considering you are practically a Superman replica, you're the best option,"

"A team leader? No, no I could never,"

"You will, even if I have to train you to lead," Anderson began walking towards a room in the warehouse.

Inside the room was a series of walls, which were black. Anderson instructed Jo to tell him what was behind each wall. Like every other time, she couldn't do so, but a little anger got her powers going.

"Are you gonna switch what's behind the wall?" Jo asked.

"Even better, come," Anderson walked out of the room and to a wall that was now in the middle of the room.

"There are sixteen people behind this wall...you need to find them before they shoot you,"

"Before they-" Jo was caught off by a bullet flying at her.

Using her speed, she quickly caught it and looked over at Anderson. She was now convinced he was crazy, as she couldn't think of anyone who trains this way.

"Once you find them all, we'll switch it up and go again. When I think you're good to go, we'll move onto super strength," Anderson smiled.

———————

Jo didn't think super strength was going to be the hardest task, but it for sure was. She had to lift weighted blocks that gradually got heavier.

"Maybe we stop for today, please," Jo said, as she wiped sweat off her face.

"We'll stop weight training, but not training all together...laps, now," Anderson snapped.

Jo nodded, as she began to do her speed/flight laps. She also proceeded to do more training with her heat vision and frost breath.

"You ready to get back to weights?" Anderson asked.

"I think she's done for now, I've got something else for her," Sam said, as he walked over to the two.

Jo smiled, as her grandpa saved her from the gruesome weight trying. The two began to walk back towards the main section of the D.O.D. Sam proceeded to take Jo to a locked room.

"What is this place?" Jo asked, as they walked in.

"It a room I had designed for this," Sam turned in a light to reveal a suit in the middle of the room.

The suit was a gunmetal grey with white detailing. The suit had the El family crest on the front, which Jo smiled at. And running down the back was a white cape. It was definitely more modern that Superman's too.

"Does it need the cape?" Jo asked.

"We can make any changes...it's yours, kid," Sam smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 90 22
Jon Kent thought his life was normal until he found out his dad was superman. The day of his grandmothers funeral he meets a girl his age and instant...
4K 108 11
Nicole Kent was not of this world. No, literally. This was not her world. Her world was ending and she was thrusted through dimensions into a timelin...
170K 4.7K 34
"i'm not who you think i am." [ sequel to leaked ]
78 0 33
Chris and Liz are happily raising there two kids when suddenly unexpected events occur.