The Lost Blight : TOH x OC

By LazyWhiteRaven

What if the Blights had a middle child but lost her and she ended up in the human realm when she was only thr... More

Madelene's Info
The Boiling Isles
Potion Delivery
A/N
Hexside
Madelene's Updated Info for S1
The Intruder
Covention
Little Miss Perfect
A/N
A/N 2
Two Sides of the Same Coin
Cost of Interest
Q&A?
Q&A Part 2
The Bet part 1
The Bet part 2
Q&A 2 electric boogaloo
Q&A 2 electric boogaloo 2
WAH! Read at your Own Risk
Blightfully Unaware
Setting Boundaries
Story Update A/N
School Day Frights
A/N
Pause
Really Weird Things
Turns into Romantic Shipping

New Beginnings

1K 34 21
By LazyWhiteRaven

I slowly stirred awake as I felt the warmth of the realm's sun hit my skin. I frowned, annoyed as I tried to think who left the window open, when I heard a slithering sound out the window.

Hooty: Hooty, hoot~! Rise and shine, Maddy~!!!!!

I groaned, mumbling a small thank you to him.

I yawned as I stretched. This was my first decent sleep since I've gotten here. I feel refreshed, no nightmares- even though a worm demon's always keeping me on my toes- and just... peace and comfort.

I rubbed my eyes, grabbing my phone absentmindedly. There were messages from Camilla checking in on us. I replied we were having a great time, that Luz was making new friends and that camp's been so fun. I don't like lying to her about where we are, but I could only imagine how she would react if she found out.

Sighing I closed the message app, not masking my disbelief as my eyes widened, seeing the time.

Madelene: It's almost- WHYYYY!?

I heard footsteps come running up the stairs followed by the door bursting open revealing Eda with her staff raised and King with a toy sword.

Eda: Whoa kid, what's got your short in a twist!?

King: NYEH! SHOW YOURSELF!

Maddy: IT'S LATE! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WAKE ME!?

Eda lowers her staff.

Eda: Late? It's only 10:30.

Madelene: Exactly! I'm usually up by seven!

King: Well, you seemed comfortable and Luz didn't wanna wake you.

Eda: And besides, it looks like that was the first decent sleep you got in weeks.

I cringed, seeing her knowing eyes gazing at me like a... well... an owl.

Madelene: I don't get you...

Eda: Don't play dumb missy, you think I haven't noticed?

She smacked me on the head with her staff. I groaned as I doubled over, clutching my head as she continued her assault.

Madelene: F- Ow! Sheesh! Okay, okay! I'll admit, kinda hard not to feel refreshed after- well... weeks of unhealthy dreams.

Eda: And that's exactly why we let you sleep in.

Madelene: Well, unfortunately it destroyed my routine...

Eda: If your routine makes you wake up in unholy hours, then I'm happy to let you sleep in.

My false bravado wavered as I gave them a grateful smile. It makes me happy, knowing I've been taken care of for such a short amount of time. They are a little bit childish, but undeniably kind.

Owlbert comes to life and perches himself atop my head, sending a tingle up my spine. I giggled as he cooed, forming a nest on my hair.

I reach a finger and pet Owlbert, and if the adorable trills of pleasure are to go by he likes it.

Eda: So, any plans for today?

Madelene: I don't know yet. Maybe give Boscha her jacket back?

Eda: Oh, you mean the girl you accidentally confessed to?

My face turns beet red as I'm reminded of my gay meltdown yesterday.

Madelene: Wh- J... I won't escape that humiliation, will I?

Eda: Sorry, kid. You'll have this over your head even if you're old and wrinkly.

Madelene: I hope that won't be the case.

Eda: It won't be... if your name isn't Madelene! Ha!

Madelene: EDA!!!!

Eda: Ha, with your charm I'm sure you'll do fine, kid. No turning back now. Either be a coward or kiss the girl to sleep!

Madelene: STOOPPP!!! Can we change the topic, please!? THANK YOU!!

Eda: Pfft... But seriously, I've seen how confident you can be, and I've seen how you interact with, uhhh...

Madelene: Boscha.

Eda: Right, that kid. Just breathe, relax and don't worry too much and you'll do great.

I huffed at her nonchalant bravado.

It's not like she did it like me though. Wait... is that why she always get the gays and the gals King is pointing me at?

Madelene: Is that how you get your relationships back then?

Eda: Relati-? King!

King snickered as Eda put a palm on her forehead.

Eda: Stop telling everyone's my ex!

King: Nyeh! I don't take orders from anyone!

Eda: King, come back here!

King swerved off towards the exit, laughing all the while. I giggled as I sent him a thumbs up. Now, Eda won't press me further with... feelings and stuff.

Not gonna lie, she's a little bit right on her advice. I just gotta breathe and relax. And most importantly just be myself. Sure, I can be a gay mess, but I can still be the cool girl I portrayed myself as. Just... a little humility would be nice.

Madelene: Thanks, Momma Eda. I don't need the urging now but... maybe someday. Or whenever Boscha's forgotten my stupid shame.

Eda: Ugh, not the hug. I am not-... Eh, what the heck. Anytime, kid.

She left the room with a leftover noogie on my head. I grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom. After getting ready for the rest of the day I went back to our room to grab Boscha's jacket before making my way to the living room where I found Eda going through some mail and King napping on the couch.

Eda hummed. I coughed to gain her attention, peering at her side.

Eda: Hm? Oh hey kid, look here a sec.

Madelene: What's up?

She tipped the paper over to me.

Eda: Mail for you.

Mail? For me? Who would write to me? I reluctantly took it. I scan over the envelope of the letter. Noticing the seal, an H stamped onto yellow and blue wax, I rummage through my head if I am familiar with it or not. Unfortunately, it doesn't peak my recognition.

I carefully open it and pull out the letter. I whispered the words, reading in a curious tone.

Madelene: Dear, Madelene. We would like to inform you that your performance at the Covention greatly impressed us... We are delighted to invite you into Hexside School of Magic and Demonics. If you wish to attend, do visit my office at the time you are available. Signed... Principal Bump. Bump? I never... wait... PRINCIPAL!?

Eda: Attend, what now?

Eda snatched the letter out of my hand reading it again as she couldn't believe her ears, I mean I couldn't believe my eyes either. The principal of Hexside invited me to his school to talk about me attending!?

Madelene: I-.. I gotta go!

I exclaimed, hopping on my feet. To learn magic like I was never taught before. To get to know other witches like Luz boast of. And to relearn and learn things I was supposed to know as a witch. I can't help it, this is a big opportunity!

Just before I could exit the house, Eda called out.

Eda: Hold it. You best take this with you.

She tossed something to me that I caught on reflex, getting an impressed whistle from Eda.

Eda: Nice catch.

Madelene: Almost got me, but thanks! What's this though?

I took a look at what she threw, it was a purple scroll, this looks like the scroll Boscha's been using.

Eda: It's a Penstagram scroll, since you have a tendency of going missing. I can just message you on that.

I unroll it and there's an account creation screen like those back on Earth.

Madelene: Oh cool. I'll make an account later. I'll see you guys later.

I wave and head out the door.

Madelene: See ya Hooty!

Hooty: Have a nice day Maddy! Hoooooot!

I wave back thanking him as I run to Hexside.

---

I arrived at Hexside, my mind filled with things I could do here once I got enrolled. The things I could teach Luz after classes, the possibilities are endless, maybe even-.

Frick! That hurt!

Madelene: Ouff!

???: Ow!

I breathed out, grimacing as I felt my stomach protesting as I bumped into someone.

I peeked downwards, heart thumping to see mint green.

Amity: Watch it-... Maddy?

Madelene: Oh, Mittens!

I exclaimed, pulling her up as I gathered her scattered books around.

Madelene: Sorry 'bout that. Here, let me.

Amity: No! Stop that! I'm supposed to be the one apologizing.

Madelene: It's okay! It's okay! No worries right here!

I laughed as I snatched the last book on the floor, patting it before I give it to her. Pouting, Amity's face quickly went red, after she realized she can't do anything about it.

Amity: Geez, when will we meet in normal circumstances, I wonder?

Madelene: You mean, not bumping, running away from someone and meeting at any moment we rather not want people to see?

Amity: That.

She chuckled, tilting her head to the side. I bit my lip, urging myself to freeze my hand lest I pat her like a kitten again. Instead, I dust myself off before stuffing my hands in my pockets.

Madelene: So, how've you been since... you know.

Amity's eyes went half lid, deadpan written on her face.

Amity: You mean when you went hide and seek with Boscha.

Welp. That's one way to put it.

Madelene: Eeeyup?

I scratch the back of my neck, looking elsewhere. I sneaked a peek at her face, pouting as I realized she's barely hiding her amusement.

Madelene: Mitteennnss~ That's not nice!

Amity huffs, shaking her head at my bashful attitude.

Amity: Cute... Anyways... I've been .. fine, I guess. Nothing really changed these days. But, Maddy, what brings you back to Hexside?

Oh, thank goodness.

Madelene: I was actually on my way to see...

I pat myself, before remembering I left it to Eda. What's the name again? I know it's Principal...

Madelene: Question? Are you familiar with the Principal around here?

If looks could kill, Amity would kill me on the spot. Right. Top student.

Amity: You mean... Principal Bump?

I finger gunned her, cheekily nodding my head.

Madelene: Eyup, that one.

Amity: Why? You gonna ask him to unban Luz?

She jokes with a soft smile. Oh, she called her by name. Luz might have made some progress with her.

Madelene: No, but I'll ask him. He wants to talk to me about enrolling into Hexside.

Amity: Really?!

Madelene: Surprise-

Amity: You!?

Ouch. That's kinda harsh.

Sensing my deflating emotions, Amity backtracked her words, apologetic.

Amity: I mean... not that you're terrible or anything-!

Amity, that doesn't help that much-

Amity: It's just... Principal Bump asked your name the other week and I thought you got into a mess I'm not aware of. And...I never thought he'd invite you to go to Hexside, to be honest.

Gradually smiling with a toothy grin, I realized her unclassy retort was because of concern, not of insult.

Madelene: So... you're happy for me then?

Blushing like a ripe tomato, Amity dragged her feet along the floor, shyly ducking her head as her mouth bloomed into a repressed giddy smile. Gosh, I have a freaking adorable sister.

Madelene: Hmmm?

I teased, ruffling her hair as I gave her a side hug.

Amity: Hmph... you know the answer.

She can't just be adorable and snarky at the same time. Seriously, tsundere to the max.

Madelene: Welp, now that your favorite witch from the human realm is here, wanna tag along to Bump's office.

Amity: I-!... O-of course I... I would love to. And it's Principal Bump to you, missy...

Her mood gradually dimmed, looking at her watch then back at me. She slid off my embrace, balancing her books on one arm.

Amity: ...But I have to get to class. I can't be late to any of my classes, sorry.

Right, top student.

Madelene: No worries. Can you point me to his office though? I didn't exactly explore Hexside much the last time I was here.

Amity: Oh, sure.

Pointing to the hallway to her right, I can barely see the sign of different rooms before she gave me the instructions. Not wasting any time, I duck once more in her space, lifting her up and putting a small kiss on the crown of her head.

Amity: Wah-!? Maddy!?

Madelene: Welp! Gotta go, mittens!

I set her down after I twirled her, much to her chargein while I avoided flailing books and limbs.

Amity: Why you-! Come back here! MADDYYYY!

Madelene: Buh-bye sweet cheeksss!!!!!!

I ran laughing away from her. I walk through the halls of Hexside seeing all the different classes being taught, and some new people walking around, they have upside down heads and eyes that are sewn shut carrying sticks with hooks on the end, like the ones you see in those old comedy shows.

Madelene: Well... they're creepy.

One of them suddenly turns to me as if it heard me. That would've been fine on its own, but it freaking made a 180 head turn like the girl from that horror movie.

Sewn Eyes: Trouble...

Madelene: Yeah... NOPE!

I booked it the rest of the way, not wanting to deal with all that.

---

After talking with Principal Bump, he explained that if I were to enroll I need to take a placement exam and to know at least two spells so as not to be put into the baby class. I asked him if what I did during the exhibition match counted as more than one but he said no. Going on further that even though it was impressive, it was mostly a variation or alteration on the light spell.

I guess that makes sense, well I can always ask Eda to teach me a new spell, there's also Amity and Skara, maybe Boscha can teach me one to- Nope. Not going there, me. Well we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

He had me fill out a form of enrollment and called for someone to give me a tour of the school.

Principal Bump: Excellent, now all I need is a signature from Edalyn, have her stop by when she can.

I nod.

Principal Bump: Now, your tour guide will be with you shortly. Do you have any questions?

I would've asked him who it'll be, but another teacher popped into the office, screaming like a banshee as her hair was lit on fire.

Quickly stepping out of that drama, I sat on a bench near the office with its rampaging guest, ignoring all the chaos as I nervously waited for the person responsible for my tour.

Madelene: Alright, me. Just be patient for a little longer...

I decided to make my Penstagram account while I wait, it was simple enough. I started to scroll through the various posts from different witches, and it really is just like the different social medias back on Earth.

???: Madz?

I look up at the mention of my name with a hum, but I don't see anyone.

???: Over here, girl!

I turn my head and gasp as I spot someone familiar waving at me with a big smile!

Madelene: Hey there,cutie!

She runs over to me and throws herself at me as I catch her in a hug.

Madelene: Whoa-ho!

We break the hug. Can't let her find her force hurts my chest.

Madelene: What brings you here?

Skara: I need to be here?

Madelene: Here?

Skara: I lied. I meant the Principal's office.

After she said that, the door groaned when a silhouette of a body was thrown in its frame.

Skara:.... On second thought, I think I'll just wait here? Principal Bump says he has a task for me.

Madelene: But... don't you have classes?

Skara: Ohhh! I do, but I'm volunteering to give tours to new students, and I was pulled out for a reason.

A smile cracks on my face at the thought. The tour is gonna be given by someone I know, and not just anyone. It's Skara, the person I'm closest to here, next to Amity of course.

Skara: What about you, what brings you here?

Madelene: Oh nothing much... Just finished filling out my Hexside enrollment form~.

Her eyes sparkled at the information as she gasped, her hands cupping her cheeks in glee.

Skara: You're the new student!?

I simply nodded, which made her jump for joy as she squealed. Wow, can this girl hit a high note.

Madelene: That's some high note.

I joke, making her giggle.

Skara: Sorry, sorry. It's just -AAAAHHHH. I've been looking forward to this since the Covention.

She has?

Madelene: You have?

She nods with a hum.

Skara: I had so much fun hanging out with you and I've been wanting to hang out again. And now that you've enrolled we can hang out here in school whenever we can!

This girl is just the sweetest.

Madelene: Awww, Marble. I can already tell this tour will be awesome, let's go!

I cheer with my fist in the air and Skara doing the same.

Skara: Yeah!

---

Just as I thought, this is gonna be awesome! The rooms for each track is just amazing, the Potions track has cauldrons in the room along with a lot of ingredients, though I was kinda right with the ingredients looking a little old. Kinda looks like Harry Potter, without the billowing cloak and sneering professor, of course.

The Abomination track has some ingredients as well, I asked Skara what those were for, apparently it's for students to practice making abomination goo.

While at the abomination classroom we spot Amity, nose buried deep in a Good Witch Azura 5 book? Huh.

Madelene: Hey Mittens.

Her head immediately shot up, closing the book and her eyes scanning the room before landing on us.

We gave her a wave and walked over to her.

Amity: M-Maddy! Skara! W-what are you two doing here?

She's stuttering? Is it because we caught her reading Good Witch Azura?

Skara: Hey Amity! I was just giving Madelene a tour of the school.

Skara gestures to me as I hold up a peace sign.

Amity: O-oh! Does that mean-

Madelene: Yup, I've finished filling up the paperworks. I just have to get Eda to sign them to make it official.

Amity: That's great! What will you do for the placement exam?

Madelene: Yeah, about that-

Skara: She doesn't have to worry about that. I'm sure what Madz showed at the Covention counts.

Madelene: Actually I asked Principal Bump about that, and he said it was more of an alteration on the spell.

Skara: Oh, I guess that makes sense.

Madelene: Don't worry, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Amity: Well, maybe... you could join me?

Madelene: Hm?

I turned to Amity as she started to scratch the back of her hand a bit, not really looking at me.

Amity: The twins and I are going to the knee in a couple of days to practice new spells, maybe you'd... like to join us?

She wants me to join? Does she wanna help me get into her class? Or does she want to spend more time with me?

Amity: Actually- nevermind, you can probably just ask the Owl Lady to-

Oh hell naw.

Madelene: No!

Amity's face falls. Wait, that's not what I meant!

Amity:O-oh...

I quickly waved my hand, closing on her downed form.

Madelene: N-no, that's not what I meant! I'd really really like to go with you!

I ain't going to pass up this opportunity to spend time with my sister.

Madelene: It's just... are you sure you want me there? Ain't it your bonding time with your siblings?

She looked at me funny then. As if staring into my soul.

Amity: ...Aren't you mine?

Madelene:... what?

Skara: What!?

Me and Amity jerked away from each other, her finger shaking as she's pointing at us, blushing.

Skara: I thought you're into B-

Madelene: YOU better not say that here!

I squeaked in embarrassment, looking everywhere, trying to see some prying ears to dissuade rumors. Seeing none but hearing Amity's quiet chuckle, I roughly ruined her hair, scrubbing it as she yelled in protest. I turned to Skara, huffing.

Madelene: Geez, girl. Way to make me panic like that. Amity might be talking about how I'm being a sissy with her whenever we bump into each other, no big deal about it.

Skara: I thought....

Madelene: Better know the context before reacting, huh.

Amity: Right...

I give Amity a weird stare, and she returns it with more assurance than before.

Amity: You won't be a bother. Quite the contrary, I think I need you there to stay sane.

Madelene: That bad?

Amity: You wouldn't believe having older siblings that annoyed you in any way.

I laughed nervously. Is it just me, or Amity's being suspicious, right now? She speaks fine to me, but why do I feel like she's trying to tell me something? But this is Mittens...

Madelene: Well... then I'll gladly be there for you then.

I winked, pointing back towards the door as I slowly backed away with Skara, my eyes not leaving amber orbs. Amity's lips moved, but it was swallowed by the frame as Skara dragged me away.

--------

Amity: Like you always do then.

Amity murmured, summoning her scroll to text her siblings.

{'Odalia's BLIGHT Offsprings'}

Amity: [I'm inviting someone over to the Knee trip.]

Emira: [Better be someone who we don't know.]

Emira: [*cough* Bich-a *cough* Scars-ah *cough*]

Amity: [Why are you like this... Ed?]

Edric: [Aight. Can I bring someone too?]

Emira: [I'm bringing you. So no.]

Edric: [Awww...]

Amity: [Thanks...]

Amity: I just need one more....

She whispered to no one, looking at the door again- the urge to know was too strong.

-----------

Madelene: Okay, now this is something I can jam with.

I say looking at all the different instruments strewn about in the room.

Skara: This is my track, the Bard track.

Madelene: Wait, music has literal magic powers here!? OH, I think I know what I'm majoring in!

I began to fantasize about all the kinds of stuff I could do with this kind of magic, a large grin forming on my face. I snap back to reality hearing Skara's giggle at my behavior.

Madelene: I-I mean...

Skara: Sorry, it's just, this is the first time I've seen you so excited.

I bashfully laugh a bit, rubbing the back of my neck.

Madelene: I just... really love music, is all. And finding out I can do magic with music? It kinda sparked a light in me. I mean think of what I could do with my bass riffs.

Skara: Base riffs? What's that?

I explain to her what a bass riff is and what a bass is.

Skara: So it's kinda like a lute?

Madelene: Close, the notes are a bit deeper and you have to plug it into an amp.

Skara: Amp?

Madelene: It's a speaker that only amplifies the instrument that's plugged into it.

Skara: I... think I get it?

Madelene: Maybe it's better if I just show you.

Pulling out my phone, I went through some of my riff recordings, I picked my best recording and tilt my phone towards her. The video played, showing me setting up my phone in the garage.

Madelene: Okay, hardest bass riff, take 5. Ready Luz?

Luz: Ready!

Luz responded from behind the phone as her hand came into frame making an "Ok" sign.

I took a deep breath before starting, I started out slowly finding my rhythm which made it sound off. I began to play a bit faster as I found the hook I was looking for.

Luz: Yeah! Go Maddy!!

Luz cheered as I kept playing a grin on my face, each chord strummed, each string plucked, they all just kept flowing out of me. My fingers didn't seem to be getting tired or slowing down.

I sneaked a view of Skara beside, her mouth hanging open. Either mesmerized or just flabbergasted at what I'm showing her. I turn back to the video as I was finishing with the riff.

With one last series plucks and a strum, the riff came to an end. I gave my all in playing it evident from the accumulated sweat on my face and my heavy breathing.

Madelene: How.. ha... was.. ha... that?

Luz: That was... AMAZING!!

Madelene: Really?

Luz: Yeah!

I paused the video and turned to Skara.

Madelene: Wh-whatcha think?

I was nervous to say the least, I don't usually show people my recordings, -aside from Luz and Camila-. She wasn't responding, does she think I'm being a show off? Oh no, Ugh! I knew I should've just picked-

Skara: That was... the most...

Here it comes...

Skara: Amazing music I've ever heard!

Madelene: Really?

Skara: Uh-huh! Can you teach me?

Sensing her enthusiasm a smile etched itself on face.

Madelene: Sure! Only if you teach me some bard spells.

Skara: Deal!

---

After finishing the tour of the inside of the school, We headed to the cafeteria to take a break.

Madelene: Woo! The classrooms here are all so cool! Those plants Willow was taking care of were amazing!

I turn to Skara to see she has an inquisitive look on her features.

Madelene: Marble I know I'm pretty but if you stare any longer you might make me blush.

Her inquisitive look turned entirely, appreciative as she looks at me up and down. My smirked wavered, as my teasing backfired at me.

Skara: Sure, girl. If I'm into girls... Pretty sure you'll be on top of my list...

I started to stutter, causing her to laugh.

Skara: Geez, Madz! I'm just messing with you!

Skara lightly punches my arm as I laugh with her.

Madelene: Sorry, sorry! I thought you're being serious for a moment.

Skara: Girl, you'll know if I'm serious.

Madelene: Copy that, ma'am. Why are you staring at me, anyway?

Skara: It's just.... this!

She gestures to me, not knowing what she's talking about, I tilted my head giving her a confused look as she circles on my face again.

Madelene: I'm... not following.

Skara: You! I haven't seen you this excited before. Apart from earlier I mean.

Madelene: Oh, sorry, it's just... I grew up in the Human world and real magic isn't a thing there! And knowing I'll be able to learn more magic here, it can get a girl a little excited, you know.

Skara: I do. It was the same for me when I started to learn Bard magic.

Madelene: Hey, once the new term starts it's gonna be awesome. I'll be right here, you know what I'm saying?

I raised my fist for a fist bump, receiving a confused look from Skara.

Madelene: You bump your fist on it, like this.

I take Skara's hand and I bump my fist with hers.

Skara: Ohhhhh!

We fist bumped again before excusing myself to the bathroom.

---

After leaving the bathroom I see Eda enter the cafeteria hauling a sack while covered in little purple ghost and purple slime, she dropped it in front of Principal Bump. Curious, I went over to them.

Madelene: Hey Mama Eda. Hey Princi B.

Eda: Hey kid.

Principal Bump: Hello Madelene, please don't call me that.

Madelene: I make no promises. Anywho, why are you covered in slime, Eda?

She explained to me that she wanted to enroll Luz into Hexside as well, as she found that maybe Luz should learn magic like the other witches. She also went on saying that Principal Bump agreed to enroll Luz as the students would learn something from a human, but only if Eda cleaned up the trouble she caused when she was in Hexside.

Madelene: Yeah, that seems fair.

Eda: The betrayal, kid.

Madelene: Sorry not sorry.

She looks over by the door, I follow her gaze and see Skara and a freckled girl hugging with two snowballs on the table. Wait, snow?

Eda: Why don't you go to your peeps or something, I still got my end of the deal to handle.

She grabbed the plunger Principal Bump handed her, swinging it over her shoulder.

Madelene: Okay, okay. But it's sweet you're doing this for Luz, thanks Mama Eda.

I jogged over to Skara as she said goodbye to the freckled girl.

Madelene: What'd I miss?

Skara: Hey, Madz! Bo just taught me a new spell, pretty cool huh?

Madelene: Yeah.

I scoop up a handful of snow forming into a ball.

Madelene: Literally, heh.

Skara: Pffft.

Skara stifles a laugh at my terrible joke.

Skara: Come on, there's still more to see.

I snicker, sticking out my tongue as I drop the snow back on the table.

Madelene: Lead the way my dear guide.

She lightly punches my arm as we head out of the cafeteria.

---

Skara: And here is the GRUDGBY FIE-

Madelene: Oh, hey. Is that Boscha?

Skara: -IELD!... Dang girl, honing your eyes that fast on the Captain, hm?

Madelene looked at her weird, seeing her eyebrow raised suggestively. For what she doesn't know.

Madelene: You're being weird again... And Boscha? Captain?

That makes so much sense, with the writing on the jacket on her waist Madelene thought. The horn blew as the grudgby ball passed through the hoop.

Boscha: We are going to crush Glandus.

She smirked. She turned around to head to the lockers, but stops in her tracks as she saw Skara on the bleachers, and next to her is someone she doesn't expect to meet. With a familiar jacket tied on her waist. Boscha scowled some more. Thank god the witch hid her name or the school will blow its head of scandal.

Skara waved to her whilst Maddy gave her a two fingered salute. She sighs as the two made their way down to her.

Skara: Hey Boscha.

Madelene: Sup, B.

Boscha: You... I thought I told you not to call me that.

Madelene: I don't quite recall.

Boscha: Well, I do. What are you doing here anyway?

Skara: I'm giving Madz a tour.

Boscha: A tour? Why? It's not like she's a student here-

Boscha cut herself off, realization slowly dawning.

Boscha: No...

Madelene grew an awkward smirk.

Madelene: Yes it is, Plum.

Boscha: Ugh, could you stop calling me that?! And here I thought school was the only place I wouldn't run into you and see your stupid face!

Madelene: So you meant to tell me, you're expecting me to come over at your house? Because girl, I know I'm a little creepy back with the fiasco, but not that creepy as to stalk you.

Boscha: Excluding my house, dweeb. If I see you near my house, I'll bloody well kill you on the spot.

Madelene: Harsh, don't you think?

Boscha crossed her arms and looked to the side, not responding to the bait as Madelene clearly will continue the meaningless jabs. She is not liking the idea of seeing Madelene on a daily basis, though her tone of voice said otherwise for a moment. Stupid grass looking haired witch ruining her turf.

Madelene: Well, you better get used to this stupid face cause I'm starting next term.

Boshca's eyes would've popped out her head if she rolled them any harder.

Boscha: Aren't you done with the tour yet? Go now before I-

Madelene: You what? Gonna take me on a date? And here I thought of asking you out first, B~.

Madelene teased the triclopse, causing a light blush and an eye twitch.

Skara: Smooth.~

Boscha: You wish, stupid. A lot of people have asked me out, and I've said no to all them.

Taking this as a challenge Madelene smirks.

Madelene: I bet I could.

Boscha: What makes you think I'd say yes to you?

Madelene: You just did.

Skara chuckled

Skara: I take back what I said earlier, that is smooth.

Boscha groaned to the heavens.

Boscha: Ugh... Titan kill me now...

Madelene wanted to tease her more but refrained, only having a smile on her face.

Boscha: What? You're not gonna add any more?

Madelene shook her head no.

Madelene: I think that's enough for one day.

Skara: Aww, and here I am wanting more drama.

Madelene: Maybe another time, Marble. What's next on our tour?

Skara hummed in thought.

Skara: Nothing. I think I showed you everything Hexside has to offer.

Madelene: Oh. Really?

Skara: Yup. Wanna head back inside?

Madelene: Sure. What about you B, wanna come with?

Boscha would've wanted nothing more than to see her leave, but thought otherwise. She finally might get her jacket back as she needed it for the upcoming match with Glandus.

Boscha: Do I have a choice?

Madelene was about to answer, but Boscha cut her off.

Boscha: Don't answer that.

----

Back inside the halls of Hexside, the trio stopped as Madelene wanted to take a selfie.

Boscha: Really?

Madelene: Yeah, I'm gonna be a student here and was just given the best tour ever. I want it as my first Penstagram post.

Skara: I like that! Let's do it!

Boscha groans annoyed.

Boscha: Fine... but don't tag me.

Madelene gave her scroll to Skara to take the picture. Skara drew her spell circle making the scroll .

Skara: Okay guys, say~ Hexside!

M/S: Hexside!

Boscha: Hexsi-

*Click*

Skara handed the scroll back to Madelene. She thanked her and started to make her first post.

Madelene: And~ done!

Boscha: Thanks for trying to push me out of the picture.

Madelene: Don't worry, next time we'll take a better one.

Skara: I think it looks great!

Suddenly a small demon poofed in front of them screaming.

Madelene: What is that!?

Skara grabbed it and poked it in the eye making it stop and poofing away.

Skara: Sorry that was my alarm. I gotta run, promised my mom we'd spend some time together. See ya Madz, Boscha.

Skara headed to the exit as she waved goodbye to the witches.

Madelene: Bye Marble!

After Skara was gone Madelene felt like a hole was being burned into the side of her head. She turns and sees Boscha with an expectant look.

Madelene: What?

Boscha: My jacket. You said you'd give it back to me once it's clean.

Madelene: Is that why you came with us?

Boscha: Uh, duh.

Madelene: And here I thought we were getting along.

Boscha looks at her for a second, knowing that Madelene was baiting her again before sighing.

Boscha: Look, I know what you're trying to do, and I won't take it this time okay? There's a match with Glandus soon and I need my jacket.

Madelene: Really? Can I come watch the game?

Madelene asked as she untied the jacket from her waist, handing it to Boscha's awaiting hand. She puts it on noticing a scent that was new to her, she didn't find it unpleasant, more the opposite, but she wasn't going to tell her that.

Boscha: I don't care, not like I'll be able to stop you.

Madelene: I'll take that as a yes.

Boscha rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time today, and walked towards the exit.

Madelene: See ya around, B!~ I'll be cheering for ya in the game!

Boscha raised her hand as a goodbye. As soon as Boscha rounded the corner, Madelene was about to leave, until she ran into Eda and Principal Bump again. They told her that Eda finished cleaning all her leftover mess.

They were about to head back to Bump's office to fill in Luz's paperwork but the large door at the end of the hall on their left exploded, revealing Luz, Gus, and another student. Bump was least to say outraged.

----

On her way home Boscha thought back to Madelene saying she'll be cheering for her in the game against Glandus. She was used to the crowd cheering for her, but for some reason, the thought of Madelene cheering her name. She found it... nice. The wind blows and that indescribable scent wafts on her nostrils. Boscha huffed in pride after, smirking at the battle ahead.

Boscha: You better be at the bleachers. I'll show you why I'm the greatest.

-------

This chapter is finally DONEEEEE!! Titan did I have one heck of a writer's block with this one. I'm really sorry for the delay, I really hope we'll be able to finish the next chapter sooner. Thank you to my friend for taking time out of her days off to help me with this, I owe her some fruit tea. Hope you guys enjoyed this, we'll see you in the next chapter, byeeeeeeeee~!

Oh wait! You remembered the sneak peek fanart way back then at the end of The Intruder? Here's some of the snippets containing the story I am co-creating, the same characters at the top. Check it out if you have the time. Thorns of the Future, Blight of the Present, Mistake of the Past.

"Dude, I'm gonna die but don't puke on me..." Raven moaned, flinging their drenched arm to the side, avoiding Jade's trajectory as they crawl to sit on the edge of a rock.

.

.

.

"...It's barely morning?"

"Exactly. You want to burn in the sun?"

"...We're in the forest, Jade..."

"On the journey, Captain Obvious..."

.

.

.

On second thought...

Jade's a real bitch.

"Girl, why do you do me dirty!?" Raven exclaimed, looking everywhere for another clue in which to go.

.

.

.

Blinking in astonishment and anger once more at her lackluster observance, she eyed the white glittering... ball? On her hand. Why does she get that something is not right with it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 8.3K 53
After helping Amity save the Blight twins and Eda. Luz was able to make a club with Amity. She is very exited to talk to Amity again. After all in a...
18.7K 505 15
"Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong." Its been a long time, since Luzs mother died. She sent Luz to camp, but passed away while Luz was gon...
52K 2K 34
Luz Noceda goes to Hexside University, she's a freshman and barely knows how to keep up with her schoolwork. She lives with her adoptive mother Eda...
37.8K 840 21
After four years of being back in the human realm, Luz Noceda finds herself able to return back to the Boiling Isles she once called home herself. Bu...