Rise of Kings and Queens

Av lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 27

11 4 11
Av lobo1989

KARA SAUD LUCKY TO BE ALIVE THANKS TO MEXICAN PRESIDENT DELFINA CORDERO.

By L.M.Taurus

3/20/0028 UWC

1 day after headline

Yelena, Luka and Julia pulled up in front of the hospital where Kara was staying. The three got out of the howler. There were multiple world military soldiers standing guard around the hospital.

"Why are there so many soldiers here?" asked Julia.

"Because someone tried to kill one of us," answered Yelena. "We don't want them coming to the hospital to finish the job."

"Was it like this for Luan and Fyn as well?"

"They were lucky to be taken to a world military hospital. The enemy wouldn't have known where they were located. Sadly that is not the case for Kara."

"Babe, I think I should stay outside."

"You don't want to go in?" asked Luka.

"To be honest, I don't feel safe here."

Luka held Julia's hands. "You're probably safest here, surrounded by all these soldiers."

"I don't know about that," she said, looking at all of the soldiers. "I feel like they are having the opposite effect. Like look at me, your target is right here."

"I see her point," said Yelena. "We can have one of the soldiers escort you back to the hotel."

"Can't I just drive myself?"

"I don't recommend it," said Yelena. "If this place is being watched, the enemy knows you're attached to Luka. They can try to grab you and use you against us." Yelena called one of the soldiers over. "Can you escort Miss Cabrera back to the hotel?"

"You know my last name?" she asked, surprised.

"Yes, Luka can't stop talking about you," said Yelena. "He really likes you. I'll let you two say goodbye." Yelena walked ahead, giving them some privacy.

"I wish she hadn't said that," said Luka.

"That you really like me?" said Julia. "Because I already knew."

Luka laughed. "No, the part about me talking about you all the time."

"It's okay," said Julia. "The part that concerns me is that I'm also a target. Should I be worried?"

"Of course not," said Luka as he held her hands. "I'll be here to protect you. And if I'm not, one of my lackeys will." The soldier raised an eyebrow at his comment. "I'm kidding," Luka said to the soldier. "One of my colleagues will be around to protect you."

"I don't like the idea of having to be taken care of," said Julia.

"It's not like that."

"Not now. We'll talk about this later. Tell Kara I wish her a quick recovery." She kissed Luka and went to the howler with the soldier.

Luka joined Yelena at the hospital's entrance.

"Everything okay?" asked Yelena.

"I'm not sure," said Luka. "I think we might have a fight later."

"Over what?"

"Being looked over. The danger of being in a relationship with me. Or maybe she's just over us."

"If that's the case, she's not for you," said Yelena. "You'll eventually find the right one."

"But I really want her to be the right one."

"Then you should prepare for a lot of hard times. The media will eventually find out how you two met."

"You know about that?"

"We all do."

"And you don't disapprove?"

"All I care about is your happiness. We all do, but some of us think that girl will not bring you happiness."

"What do you think, honestly?"

"I think some people have to do things in this life that they aren't really proud of to survive. I don't think that's always their own doing so I'm never going to judge them for it. You look happy, and she looks happy. That is the only thing that matters."

"I'm a little surprised the media hasn't found out about her yet."

"That's my doing," said Yelena. "It was kind of easy."

"How?"

"I hid her identity from public knowledge," answered Yelena. "I classified her as a person of interest so no one can just look her up."

"Why did you do that?"

"Arlo told me how you two met and I thought you wouldn't want anyone else knowing. That is between you and her, and apparently Arlo and Luan who were also there."

"And the rest of my squad as well, apparently."

"Yeah, Arlo and Luan were concerned."

"Thank you, Yelena," said Luka. "I really do appreciate you. I hope you knew that."

"I know now," said Yelena. "Let's go see how Kara is doing."

Yelena and Luka entered Kara's room where they found Esme and Luan looking after her. The room had seemed to have gone quiet when they entered. Kara was awake and had a frown on her face.

"Did we just interrupt something?" asked Yelena.

Esme, Luan and Kara looked towards each other but didn't answer the question. Luka went over to Kara who had her covers up to her chest and wore a turtleneck.

"How are you holding up?" he asked her.

"Hurt," she answered. "My arm, my face and my back. I got careless and the enemy really got me."

"She's lucky to be alive," said Luan. "One of the Mexican royal guards didn't make it."

"I can't believe Dependency really attacked Mexico," said Yelena. "You think they would be grateful to have the refugees back in their own country."

"Oh no," said Kara. "They want compensation for supporting the refugees for as long as they did."

"Seriously?" said Luka.

"Not just them," said Luan. "Brodie Noble has been asking for the same thing back in his country."

"Wait," said Yelena. "He's asking for the same thing as Dependency? That makes him a person of interest again."

"We realized," said Luan. "I'll probably go talk to him again. Could be Dependency just watching him and agreeing with what he wants."

"I still don't like it," said Yelena. "If they weren't working together before, they might be now." Yelena noticed Kara and Esme had frowns on their faces. "Seriously, what did I miss?"

Esme and Kara looked away from Yelena.

"You're really not going to tell me?"

"She doesn't think it was Dependency who attacked her," said Esme, not looking in their direction.

"Excuse me? If it wasn't Dependency, then who?"

"I think it was Delfina Cordero," answered Kara.

"Oh," said Yelena. "Shit. I take it you have no proof?"

"None."

"Then you see our problem," said Esme, turning to look at Yelena. "Delfina attacked one of ours and we can't do anything about it."

"Wait, why do you think it was Delfina?" asked Luka. "Weren't you being attacked by Dependency?"

"Dependency would have killed me," said Kara.

"I thought they tried," he said. "Hence the hospital bed."

"The person who attacked me had every opportunity to kill me." Kara pulled down her turtleneck, revealing a cut mark by her throat. "She had a knife to my neck and all she had to do was cut. The person who did this to me wanted to send a message to all of us."

"Which was?" asked Yelena.

"Retire or we'll retire you," said Esme.

"They tried to retire me, but the doctors say I'll recover."

"What do we do now?" asked Luka.

"We can't retaliate without proof," said Yelena.

Esme slammed her fist into the wall. "We know that. Why do you think we are so pissed off?"

"We'll get her," said Yelena. "Delfina thinks she is smarter than us, and she hates that there's prince and princesses as world military leaders. We're going to use that against her."

"How?"

"By sending a prince and a princess to protect her from Dependency."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

36 0 8
Humanity's desire to develop teleportation has gone horribly wrong... An experiment in Eurasia has ripped a hole in-between two plains of existence;...
362 54 27
"You don't know how strong you are, until strength is the only choice you have."~Google In the world of bombs and shootings, in a corrupt world, ther...
Cridex Av A

Äventyrsromaner

5.1K 1K 42
Advancements in cybernetics have left the lines between man and technology a blur. Enhanced machines were expected to serve the people, until those m...
943 128 18
Bru, a child created by the Womb of the Daughter of the Generations colony ship, is the first of her kind in 200 years, and the ship's natural-born i...