Ripples | Miraculous Ladybug...

By saleo886

For as long as she could remember, (Y/n) knew life behind the lens of camera. Capturing the world and its bea... More

Origins: Stoneheart Part 1
(Y/n) Hero Information
Stormy Weather
The Bubbler
The Pharaoh
Lady Wifi
Timebreaker
Little Shoutout
Mr. Pigeon
Evillustrator
Rogercop
Copycat
Dark Cupid
Horrificator
Darkblade
The Mime

Origins: Stoneheart Part 2

3.7K 128 75
By saleo886

As she pinned the photos from yesterday, her fingers traced the outline of the two heroes. They seemed so familiar yet (Y/n) couldn't put her finger on it, sure had only been a week since she came to Paris, a day since school started. But she just had this feeling she knew them from somewhere.

When her phone beeped, (Y/n) was shaken from her thoughts, especially seeing it was Nathaniel. Ever since yesterday, especially after the Stoneheart incident, he kept checking in even offering to walk to school today. It warmed her heart to see someone actually care. As another text came throug, (Y/n) felt her smile grow big as she gathered everything she needed for the day and headed out the door, soon seeing Nathaniel at her front door.

"Let's go."

-------

"For the last time, I'm fine. So stop looking at me like that." (Y/n) said. She didn't even have to look at him to feel the his stares.

"I can't help it. I wouldn't want to lose a friend."

"Seriously, thank you. I'm glad you worry but I assure you I'll be here as long as I can." (Y/n) told him as she focused her camera to a group of students.

"Why are you always taking pictures?" Nathaniel questioned, hearing a few snaps go off before (Y/n) sat next to him, reviewing the pictures.

"I could ask you the same about drawing." (Y/n) teased, though she noticed it made him a bit uncomfortable as he began to fidget with his pencil. "I'm kidding. I like taking a lot pictures because I know how time is fleeting. I would rather have something to look back on and easily remember the good times."

"What do you mean?"

"I move a lot, Nathaniel. It's been that way ever since I could start taking care of myself. So I try to capture some good memories. It helps..for the most part."

Though before Nathaniel could say or do anything, a comotion caught their attention. Everyone was caught in awe, gasping at the sight of the one and only Adrien Agreste. Soon they began swarming him, asking for autographs or a photo all the while Chloe was glued to his side.

"So he actually made it."

"Do you know him?"

"I met him once, nothing much." Nathaniel felt a wave of relief wash over him as he heard those words. He just felt weird seeing that smile and her eyes following the teen model. Though he knew he probably shouldn't, he couldn't help it. The heart does what it wants. "Well, want to head inside?"

"Sure."

As the duo entered the classroom, (Y/n) placed a thumb drive on Alya's desk with the pictures of yesterday as promised when Adrien and Chole walked in. His eyes lighting up as soon as he saw (Y/n). After the events of yesterday, he was awestruck to say the least.

"Welcome to school, newbie. How's it treating you so far?"

"It's not as bad as the movies make it out to be."

"Hmm, I would beg to differ. Just you wait for the mounds of homework and I'm sure there's drama around the corner."

"I'm just glad I'm here. I couldn't care about anything else."

"Well it's nice to see you here. Your effort really paid off." (Y/n) said, patting Adrien on the shoulder, heat rushing to his cheeks. As they exchanged smiles, (Y/n)'s eyes soon averting from Adrien's as he turned to see what was happening. His eyes widened as he watched Chloe put a chewed piece of gum on Marinette's seat.

"Hey, what's that all about?"

"The brats that sat here yesterday need a little attitude adjustment. I'm just commanding a bit of respect that's all."

"Isn't that a bit childish? I mean gum on the seat, kindergarden level at best." (Y/n) said, immediately earning a death glare from Chloe. The blonde hated it already that Adrien was giving her the time of day and now, it was just the cherry on top.

"What's it you new girl? Last time I checked, you were friends with a loser. I doubt you know anything about being popular." Chloe retailiated, getting pretty up close and personal with (Y/n). (Y/n) looked up to Nathaniel at first, though he couldn't even meet her gaze, retreating into his shell at the drop of the word. Then her gaze returned to Chloe's light blue eyes that flared with annoyance and pride, hiding the insecurities she held. Honestly, (Y/n) would rather not give in to this pointless battle. It was easy to see this entire mean girl act was a ploy for attention and her way of coping with the life she's led. They all had problems after all, some just hid it better than others. And (Y/n) thought that perhaps Chloe just needed to be guided little by little.

"Not like I really care about that in the first place. I like the friends I've made because I know that they'll stick with me not because I'm rich but since we genuinely like one another. Sure I've been here a day, I'm a nobody, I don't know much about how things work around here. But when you look back at these supposed good days, maybe it's better to have people who genuinely like who you are than a heap of people who hate your guts. Maybe then things might change, who knows." (Y/n) told her, before essentially pushing past the girl and to her seat. She placed her hand on Nathaniel's, letting him know she'll always be there no matter what anyone else had to say.

Chloe stood speechless, ready to basically exchange insults back and forth like she did most of the time until she 'won'. (Y/n)'s words did hit deep, it wasn't any news that everyone hated her and Sabrina only hung around because Chloe not only brided with items but was the only friend Sabrina knew. It did get lonely at times, hardly getting invited to parties or any sort of hang out. She had feelings just as the next person did. She just wanted to be seen. Still, the queen bee wasn't sure how else to do that.

Meanwhile, admist the little match she had, Adrien had tried to get the gum off only for Marinette and Alya to walk in. It didn't help that Chloe and Sabrina were laughing, making them get the wrong idea. (Y/n) was about to jump to his defense when Miss. Bustier walked in and class begun as she began calling roll call. Only to be interupted by Ivan, now Stoneheart once more, busting through the doors. Everyone dove for cover, well everyone except Mylene who was easily caught by Ivan.

"Daddy, the monster is back." Chloe cried into her phone, alerting Ivan and making (Y/n) pop her head up. She could see Ivan reaching for the blonde. The world felt like it was moving in slow motion, her heart pounded against her chest, images ran through her mind. Adrenaline rushed through her body, she wasn't going to miss her shot again. So without hesitation, (Y/n) ran in front of Chole right as she was about to get grabbed; taking her place. "Why did you-"

"(Y/N)!"

"Just stay safe, alright?" (Y/n) said, giving a reassuring smile to Chloe. Like an arrow to her heart, she could already feel the pang of regret as Ivan fled the scene.

-------

"Looks like I get to save you again, m'lady." Cat Noir said, craddling (Y/n) close in his arms. As soon as he saw her flying through the air, Cat Noir wasn't sure what took over him, the only thing he thought of was getting to (Y/n) as quick as possible. Once he caught her, relief calmed his nerves, as his signature smile spread wide.

"I should really thank you then."

"I would take a kiss."

"Cut it out tom cat. We still have a villain we need to take down." Ladybug said, only to get interupted by the head police officer who would rather shoot first and ask questions later.

"I have a new plan unlike you. Move aside and let the pros do their thing. You've already failed once."

"Oh please, like you could do any better?" (Y/n) said, all eyes turning to her. "Yeah you're police officers, but all your efforts are going to do is make the situation worse. The more you hit the guy the bigger he gets. These two defeated him once, they can do it again. So stand down and let the heroes do their work." As silence fell over the officers, Ladybug placed a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder; her blue eyes filled with gratitude.

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that for us."

"It's the least I could do. I mean you guys have saved me twice so I guess that's just me paying you back. Anyway, heroes are what this city need, no one else could do your job. At least the way things stand. So get out there and do your job. After all, his fist is his weakness yet again. You would think the real villain behind this would correct his previous mistakes."

And just as (Y/n) said that, Ivan coughed up a swarm of black butterflies that formed a face, otherwise the mastermind of this all. Calling himself Hawkmoth, which made (Y/n) simply cringe at the awful name, claiming he would do whatever it took to claim Ladybug and Cat Noir's miraculous. Ladybug took (Y/n)'s words to heart, giving her the confidence she needed as she did a speech of her own, instilling hope in everyone right as the superhero duo jumped into action.

"Too bad my camera is back at the classroom." (Y/n) muttered, watching with a smile as Ivan and Mylene were back in one piece. And by the looks of it, together at last. Things were truly just beginning and she couldn't wait for what came next.

Though there was something that she needed to do before anything else. This was as good as time as any.

-------

Her hand settled on the door knob, her heart beating loudly in her chest. Taking a deep breathe, (Y/n) turned the knob and entered. Immediately seeing his face with that knowing smile.

"I've been expecting you."

"Yeah, I'm sure you have." He extends a familiar black box as (Y/n) take a seat. It glistens in the low light, like it was calling for her.

"I believe this is yours. Like it was always meant to be." (Y/n) doesn't respond, only gently taking the box, tracing the symbol. She had lost faith in her ability to ever be the hero she was. One mistake is easy to stain your reputation...your life. They all said to keep moving forward, that time will fix everything. The girl wasn't really sure that could ever happen, at least not until what happened. Reminded of why she became a hero in the first time, the feelings it gave her as she helped people. And now, (Y/n) felt ready to do that again, vowing that this time would be different.

So as (Y/n) opened the box, seeing a familiar and placing it back on her wrist where it belonged. She smiled seeing her little buddy (or as she called him) again.

"I'm glad you changed your mind." said, nudging (Y/n)'s cheek.

"Me too."

Alright, confirmed love interests so far:

Nathaniel AdrienLukaMarc MarinetteKagami

Possible lover interests (still unsure about):

ChloeKimMaxAlyaNino

If you have anyone specific you want just let me know and I'll add them. I'm fine for boys or girls since I do like haivng it open to whatever everyone wants. Anyway, thanks again for checking out the story! Till next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255 22 5
Violet Harrison, a model from New York with famous parents- had to move to Paris by herself and stay with some old family friends, the Agreste family...
Shadow By I exist

Fanfiction

22.5K 858 30
As Marinette continues to emotionally recover, she finds out about a long-forgotten secret her family has kept hidden away. This shadow from the past...
384K 15.3K 26
This is a Luka x male reader (a.k.a. he/him reader) You like him, you really do. But what can you do when he only has eyes for Marinette? You know f...
9.3K 149 21
I've seen some pretty happy and cheery one-shots on the beloved characters of this cartoon show, Miraculous Ladybug, and I decided maybe it's time fo...