Fighting Feelings

By saggy_tortila

"You can't say stuff like that" I mumble, and he chuckles. "And why cant I?". "Because we're friends" I say... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
New story
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 46

635 21 0
By saggy_tortila

Charlottes POV

I grin as I pour an excessive amount of maple syrup on my pancake, not caring how I'm overdoing it.

The bottle is suddenly grabbed from my hand, and I glare at Jay who is after taking it off me.

"Put a normal amount or else a grown-up will have to do it for you," Jay tells me, and I roll my eyes before flipping him off.

"Let me do what I want," I tell him, and he scoffs. "You have proven you can't be trusted to pour your own maple syrup while unsupervised, so no, I won't let you do what you want," Jay tells me, and I roll my eyes again.

"How do you put up with him?" I ask Becca and Alora, who were sitting opposite us.

They shrug their shoulder, not seeming to care about anything other than the big pancakes in front of them.

"Shut up and eat your damn breakfast" Jay mutters, and I shoot him a glare before eating my food.

Once I'm done, I take out my phone to see if Cameron answered my text. I asked him to come over an hour ago since I didn't have any plans, and for once Cameron didn't reply back instantly.

Blaze🔥

Want to come over?
I'm bored

Cant sorry

Well, that's the end of that. With a sigh, I place my phone back on the table, wondering what I could do today.

"Casey!" Alora grins, and I turn and see Casey walking into the kitchen.

"You said we could paint your nails days ago" Becca huffs, while Alora glares at Casey.

"I had work. Blame your dad" Casey tells them, and Jay hits him with a tea towel.

"Can we do them now then?" Alora asks, while Casey opens the fridge and grabs some orange juice. He's obsessed with juice.

"Depends. Can I pick the colour?" Casey asks, and the girls nod their heads simultaneously.

"Okay," He tells them, and they grin and hop up from their chairs, running over to Casey.

"What colours do you want?" Alora asks, and Casey takes a moment to think.

"Purple and blue," He tells them, and they grin. "Can we use sparkles too?" Becca asks, and Casey nods. "Oh definitely. We need some sparkles" He tells them, and they squeal before running off to get their nail polish.

"Sparkles?" I ask, and he rolls his eyes.  "Fuck off" He scowls, and I snicker.

My phone suddenly buzzes, and I lift it up and see a text from Cameron.

Blaze🔥

Want to come over?
I'm bored

Cant sorry

You can come over to mine if you're free

I smile, quickly texting him back that I'll be there in thirty minutes. I stand up and walk out of the kitchen just as the two girls run past me with their nail polish box.

I head to my room, where I change into some comfy clothes.  I grab my phone and my keys, before heading downstairs and out the door.

Once in my car, I begin driving to Cameron's house. He lives roughly fifteen minutes away, so thankfully it's not that long of a drive.

When I get to his house, I park my car on the road outside his house, before I get out and walk to the door.

I ring the doorbell, and Cameron answers a few seconds later.

"Hey" I smile, and he pulls me into a hug straight away, making me laugh. I hug him back, before pulling away and pecking his lips.

He smiles at me, before pulling me inside and closing the door.

"I need to tell you something," Cameron says, and I nod as I wait for him to tell me 

He opens his mouth to talk, but a voice cuts him off.

"Cam!" Someone shouts, and he sighs while I look at him confused.

"Who's that?" I ask, but my question is answered when a toddler comes running out of his room, and over to Cameron.

I stare in shock, while he looks at me nervously, no doubt waiting for my reaction.

"Where's tiger? " The girl says, and Cameron turns his attention to her, running his hand through her hair soothingly. "On the couch sweetheart," He tells her, and I watch as she runs off to the couch, and grabs a small little tiger teddy. She smiles at the teddy, before taking out her pacifier to kiss it.

A hand is placed on my shoulder, and I turn back to Cameron and see him staring at me.

"Riley come here for a second," Cameron tells her, and she comes running over, staring at me weirdly.

"Charlotte this is my sister Riley," Cameron tells me, and I'm even more confused.

"I'll explain everything in a minute, I promise" He mumbles, and I nod before crouching down in front of her. "Hello, I'm Charlotte" I smile, while she stares at me.

"Riley," She tells me in an adorable little voice, and I smile.

"Why don't you go play with tiger?" Cameron says, and she runs off to the tv and sits down in front of it with her little teddy.

Cameron grabs my hand and leads me over to the couch, before sitting down and pulling me down beside him. He wraps an arm around me while I lean my head on his shoulder, both of us staring at Riley as she talks to her tiger friend.

"When I got home last night she was sitting on my doorstep. Literally. She was asleep in her car seat. My mam thought that it would be fine to leave her there" Cameron begins, and I scowl. "I don't even want to think about what could have happened" He mumbles.

"She left a note saying she's gone on holiday for a few months. I rang her and basically she and her family are gone on some big holiday and I'm going to be minding her until maybe the end of summer" Cameron tells me, and I sit up and turn to him.

"The end of summer?" I repeat, and he nods. "What about school?" I ask him, silently begging that he doesn't tell me he's dropping out.

"I'm not dropping out" He chuckles, as if reading my mind, and I let out a breath of relief. "I'll hire a nanny or something. Or put her in day care. I'll figure something out" He tells me, and I nod.

"Four hours. She was left four hours asleep on my doorstep. Can you imagine what could have happened?" Cameron mumbles and I throw a leg over his lap to straddle him, before hugging him.

"I know. But she's fine. And she's safe. That's all that matters" I tell him, and he nods while resting his chin on my shoulder. 

We sit like that for the next few minutes, me playing with his hair while he relaxes before we continue talking again.

I can tell he's stressed. I think anyone in his position would be. And the tiredness in his eyes didn't go unnoticed.

He's the one to break the silence. "I'm going to be a lot busier with minding her. But I'll find time for you. I won't let this affect our relationship" Cameron mumbles, and I pull back and look him in the eyes.

"Don't worry about that, okay? We're going to be fine" I assure him, and he nods.

"I'm going to help," I tell him, and he shakes his head. "No, you shouldn't have to-"

I cut him off by placing my lips on his. His hand comes up to cup my face, while our lips move together in perfect sync.

I pull away a few seconds later, and he stares at me while I grin. "I'm helping," I tell him, and he just nods, causing me to laugh while he reconnects our lips.

His teeth graze over my lip, before he suddenly bites it gently, inflicting a gasp from me. He uses this to his advantage as he deepens the kiss.

He pulls away after a while, obviously sensing I need air. Cameron smiles at me, and I can tell my face is red but I choose to ignore it.

"You look beautiful" He randomly says, and my face gets even hotter so I hug him again because he can't see my face like this. He laughs, obviously knowing what I'm doing. He turns his head to the side, and I feel him place a gentle kiss to my neck.

"My pretty girl" Cameron whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine and butterflies erupting in my stomach. 

"Water. I'm getting some water" I announce as I pull away and quickly get off his lap and stand up. He looks at me amused, but I ignore it and walk to the kitchen.

I grab a water bottle from the fridge, and when I turn around I see Riley behind me staring at me.

"You scared me" I chuckle, while she stares up at me curiously.

Her face morphs into a smile, and she giggles before running off.

I smile at how adorable she is while walking back into the living room and sitting beside Cameron again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 225 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...
341K 4.4K 20
Two best-friends. Now don't run away, these two are special. Andrew and Charlotte have known each other for a long time, yes. For Andrew is was love...
740K 19.2K 88
"𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽𝔸𝕄𝕀𝕃𝕐 β„π”Έπ•Š π•Šπ”Όβ„‚β„π”Όπ•‹π•Š" - - - "My name is Hazel, but most people call me Ze. I'm from Melbourne, and love Taylor Swift." I cring...
10K 366 18
Jace Summers is not your average high school boy, per se. He prefers being himself no matter what anyone else thinks about him, and he's proud of who...