𝚂𝚎𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚛�...

By Benzita13

ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ sᴇʀɪᴇs(sᴛs) "𝑈𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒, 𝑤𝑒 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 �... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CAST
°2°
°3°
°4°
°5°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
°19°
°20°
°21°
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
°27°
°28°
°29°
°30°
°31°
°32°
°33°
°34°
°35°
°36°
°37°
°38°
°39°
°40°
°41°
°42°
°43°
°44 A°
°44 B°
°45°
°46°
°47°
°48°
°49°
°50°

°1°

676 81 40
By Benzita13

° ° ° ° ° ° °
TAMMY:
° ° ° ° ° ° °
What if I hadn't transfered into a new school?

What if I never made friends?

What if I hadn't easily trusted the one?

Perhaps everything would've still been fine.

Too bad it already happened.

It all started when mum had excitedly told Ife and I that my new school year was going to be great, incredible and none like no other and I honestly thought she was being unusually optimistic, until she broke the 'big' news about our school change few days ago, giving me no time to object as she had already bought the school uniforms and had made all the payments.

I swear, as long as mum picked the new school, I knew I was gonna hate it.

"You have every reason to love Diamond High. To begin with, It's one of the best schools in this state. It's academic standards are much more advanced and organized than that of your previous school, and the students engage in extra-curricular activities also." She had said.

Let's be honest, even if no one knew, I knew the true reason mum wanted me in the school.

For starters, the daughter of my mother's best friend attends the school. No need to go into more details.

Secondly, the extra-curricular activities the school engage in would save her the cost of putting me in those trainings that usually last for months or so.

I heard the door jerk open as I wrote down my thoughts on the stupid new school on a sticky note.

Ifeoluwa, my dear twin brother, happened to be the person coming in.

"Tammy, what's the capital of Chile?" He asked, plopping his butt on my bed and still staring at the book he held.

"I'm busy." I stated.

"I won't stay long, just answer my question." He said.

"Aren't you meant to be getting ready for school?" I asked. "As you can see, I am."

"Tammy." He said. "I'm wearing my school uniform too and have eaten breakfast, whereas, you haven't."

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's Santiago." I told him. "You can go. If mum asks, tell her I'll come down for breakfast soon."

I boringly watched him nod his head, scribble stuffs on his book, then stood up and left the room.

As soon as the door was shut, I tore out a paper from my sticky note and stuck it at the back of my mirror.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and smiled in satisfaction. I was clad in a white short sleeve button T-shirt, tucked into a black flare skirt that fell just a bit past my mid-thigh and wore a black tie. A deep red blazer was worn over the shirt and stopped a few distances past my waist. I wore black knee socks and black shoes.

Nice uniform though.

I reached for my bag, turned around and walked out of the room.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Just as Ife and I stepped out of the car, a loud squeal immediately grabbed our attention, well Ife's. So, while Ife tried to figure out where the sound had come from, I decided to ignore it and take in the wonderful scenery of the school instead.

The school had two buildings, each painted in red and black. I took a wild guess and assumed one was the senior block and the other, the junior.

The wide school compound was cemented and decorated with various ornamental plants and groomed bushes.

The school was beautiful, mesmerizing even, but mum wasn't gonna hear that from me.

Ife grabbed my pinkie as we both began to walk into the school, a habit he always seemed to do whenever he was nervous.

He would never admit it but I knew he was.

"Babes, how far na." Said an oddly familiar voice but I chose to ignore it considering there were students all over the place.

I felt an arm interlinking with mine and I immediately jerked towards Ifeoluwa.

"Calm down." The person said, and looking up I immediately recognized the person as Mandel, the daughter of my mother's best friend.

"Oh." I said.

"How far? I'm so happy we now attend the same school." She said, hugging me.

"I'm not." I groaned. She pulled away from the hug and wore a frown. "Why?"

"You know I don't do skinships but you never listen. If you're looking for something to hug, there's a transformer not too far from here." I said, shrugging her hands off me.

She laughed and nudged me on my shoulder. "Otamayomi, you haven't changed."

I smiled a bit. "Why would I?"

She shook her head and slowly brought her gaze to Ife, probably just noticing he had been there the whole time.

"Ifeoluwa!" She called, beaming widely and hugging him as well. A soft gasp escaped my brother's lip at her sudden act.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed Ife's hands and placed it on her back. Not that long, she pulled away still smiling at him.

"Oh My Gosh! Your eyes Ife, they sparkle. Dude, you're gonna get the attention of a lot of girls here." She said, winking at him. He wore a small smile as he brought his arm up and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Thank you." He told her.

"Since when did eyes start to sparkle?" I asked, walking ahead of them.

"His eyes are unique and beautiful." She said.

"My eyes nko. Aren't we twins?" I smirked.

"You guys are but his eyes are special." She said.

I had no idea why she was acting like we hadn't seen each other for years. I mean, the last time we hung out was at the beginning of the summer holiday. It's just September.

I heard footsteps behind me and soon saw Mandel holding Ife's hand. She grabbed mine too and pulled us into the school building.

"Who's science and who's art again?" She asked.

"Ife's science, I'm art." I said.

"Yay!" She said. "Ife, I'm science too."

Ife's eyebrows shut up in suprise, then, smiled and stared at their hands still together.

"We still have a few minutes before the assembly begins, so why don't I take you guys on a tour of the school." She said.

"Nope!" I told her. "Go with Ife, I want to find my class first since I'm the only commercial student here."

I pulled my hand away from Mandel and walked quickly further into the building.
Soon, I got to the senior block and searched for my class 'SS3C'.

I stared at the plastic plates placed on the top of each classroom doors still in search for that of SS3C.

Deciding to take a look at the rest of the hallway, I turned my head forward and immediately felt a knock on my forehead.

I stepped back, rubbing it with my palm as I hissed in pain. I looked ahead of me to see a guy around my age rubbing his head as well.

"Watch where you're going." I snapped.

He raised his hands in surrender as he furrowed his brows and side stepped me.

"Sorry, even though I wasn't the one staring at walls." He said, and walked away.

I rolled my eyes at him and watched him walk away, then looked ahead of me again. When I had finally found my class, I eagerly pushed the handle and stepped in.

No one seemed to have noticed my presence as I walked further into the class. Some students sat or stood together in pairs or groups laughing and chatting away, probably talking about their summer holidays, while some girls spoke with guys I suspected to be by their boyfriends because, I mean, what guys would let random girls sit on their laps, and what girls would let random guys draw imaginary circles on their laps or wherever.

I gently tapped the shoulder of a slim petty girl. She slowly turn her gaze to me.

"Hi." I said, waving at her.

She kept silent as she took her time to take in my presence, staring at me from head to toe with a flared up nose.

Ah ah! This girl should mind herself, all her did was say hi.

"I'm so sorry, if I knew you were deaf I wouldn't have tapped you." I said walking away from her, whoever she was.

Deciding to ask a guy instead, I tapped on the shoulder of one. "Do you know where I can sit?"

I didn't want to get into a situation whereby I would get embarrassed for sitting on someone else's seat.

He didn't bother to look up from his phone screen as he pointed to a direction.

Shocking right?! He brought his phone to school.

Was this allowed?

"Thank you." I said and walked towards the seat he had pointed at.

I dropped my bag beside my desk and quietly watched everyone as they carried on with whatever they did.

I spotted a few other students quietly tapping away on their phones and I made a mental note to ask Mandel about this.

If this was allowed, I would so bring mine to school tomorrow.

Few minutes later, the automatic bell was rung and all the students stood up as they made their way out of the class.

I was confused as to where they were all headed, so, I tapped on a random person and asked.

"That's the bell for the assembly. We're all headed to the assembly hall." The person said.

Deciding to go along with this person I said. "I'm Otamayomi, but you can call me Tammy."

"Ayomide." He said. "So, how far?"

"Fine." I said as we made our way out of the class.

"When we get to the assembly hall, the Principal's going to give a long speech so you'll need these." He said handing me a pair of dark shade glasses.

I giggled as I stared at the glasses. "Are you indirectly saying that the speech the Principal is going to give'll be boring?"

"Is there ever any speech made by a Principal that's interesting. Trust me, if you dose of without these, you'd most likely get caught." He said.

I giggled and shook my head, then collected the glasses. "So you don't get punished for wearing these?"

We were walking so fast we were already getting close to the Senior's block entrance.

"This is the first week of school, pretty much anything's allowed here." He said.

We walked some distances and took a corner.

"Whoa! Are phones allowed?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it's not allowed during classes." He said.

Whoa! I take back what I said.

I was gonna love this school.

"Oh, and I saw you talking to Amorette." Ayomide said as we both walked towards a double metal door.

"Who?" I asked.

"She's that girl you tapped and started trashing." He said. "She's Amorette."

"Oh." I said. "So you were that idol to start watching girls talk. Wonderful!"

He chuckled and shook his head. "For a new student, you're not very quiet." I said.

I smiled. "I'm like that. I don't hide." I said.

He chuckled softly and shook his head.

"So, what about Amorette?" I asked.

He shrugged. "She's insultive and easily gets annoyed."

"So?"

"So, you're a new student. Be careful not to get embarrassed or humiliated by her, she feeds on new students like some vampire." He said, emphasizing on the word 'vampire'.

I laughed at his last words. "She's too small for me to start racking my brain. Besides, anyone that easily gets annoyed has a problem."

Ayomide stopped laughing, and he stopped smiling, and something about him just changed. His eyes wasn't so bright anymore, it held something I couldn't understand.

"What happened? Do you like her?" I asked.

As if in some kind of trance, he shook his head and wore a smile again. Then, burst into laughter, and just like that, his eyes were bright and full of happiness again.

Okay.....

"No, please. Even if I like someone, it can never be her." He said.

"Okay." I shrugged.

We didn't speak anymore as Ayomide slowly pushed the metal door open and I stepped into the hall right after he did.

I gasped in flabbergast.

Sweet Jesus!

The hall was beautiful.

Ayomide took a seat in the middle row and sat right beside him.

"Otamayomi!" Yelled a voice. Without having to look around, I knew it was Mandel.

I turned around and immediately spotted her walking into the assembly hall with Ife who waved at me and smiled.

"Later okay?!" I yelled back. She nodded and walked away to another direction with Ife.

"You're friends with Mandel?" Ayomide asked.

"Yeah." I said, suprised he knew her considering the fact that they weren't in the same class. "Why?"

He shrugged. "She's Amorette's best friend, not very nice either."

I raised a brow at him and nudged him on the arm. "You don't know what you're saying? Mandel's my family friend."

He nodded his head. "Okay, then." He said and nothing more.

A man probably in his late forties mounted the platform as he tapped on the microphone he held.

"Time to put on those glasses Tammy." He said, putting on his as he smiled, staring at the platform the Principal stood.

I giggled and put on mine.

Nice.

"Good morning wonderful students of Diamond Academy. You are all humbly welcomed back to this great school, and as for the new students who. . . . . ."

I zoned out in a matter of minutes.

Ayomide was right, I was gonna dose off and I'd ask Ife whatever important things the Principal had mentioned.

'Diamond Academy. It feels... different. ' Was what I thought.

And heck it was. Too different, too unsafe.

Too bad I never knew all that I would have to overcome. All the wrongs I would have to face.

Why?

Because, it was only the beginning.

------------------------------------

See Through has officially began.

Yay!!!

I hope the chapter wasn't boring though, tried my best to make it the opposite. 😉

Based on how these characters behaved, what are your thoughts on Otamayomi, Mandel, Ifeoluwa and Ayomide.

Aidan would be introduced. . . soon.

Also, The statement "It was only the beginning." refers to the beginning of the series, and not just the book alone.

Quick question: Who's your favorite Wattpad writer? Mine's Rihanna_Adedeji

Until I update my next chapter.

Ta Ta!
Benzita13 ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.1K 19K 106
ɢᴇʀᴀʟᴅɪɴᴇ ᴊᴏʜɴsᴏɴs, not your regular female lead, Nicknamed the tomboy of "HILTON COLLEGE" Even though she considers it body shaming. Although she tr...
430 62 10
❛❛𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒏𝒕; 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓...
62.5K 8.8K 33
A simple orphaned school teacher with a heart of gold meets a strange and helpless woman who has lost all memories of who she was. He takes her home...
179K 55.4K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...