Loving Theo

By Oneilia_Laing

Faye Anderson is finally a senior and ready to kiss high school goodbye, counting up the days as she go. But... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 5

2 2 0
By Oneilia_Laing

"Why the hell are you guys so late?!" Xena exclaimed as she made her way towards the car. "And why are you in my seat?"

I winced at the pounding headache in my head. Curtis peered a eye open to look at Xena around the back who gasped dramatically.

"You guys didn't."

Curtis and I looked at each other before giving her a sheepish smile.

"The feeling of imence betrayal. I can't believe you two would have a conversation, sleep over, and movie night without me," Xena glared at both of us and I rolled my eyes. I winced, stifling a yawn.

"Serve you both for being tired. I don't even want to be in this disgusting car anymore," she fold her arms across her chest and I laughed.

"Then get out," said Curtis as he pulled out of the drive way and onto the road.

"I will... when I'm at school and when you drop me back home. And I won't get in there until I have to go to school again."

Curtis scoffed which earned him a slap in the head back from Xena.

Curtis and I stayed up until one in the morning and we only had a short amount of time to sleep on the couch before we were woken up by my mother cleaning the house. Since she didn't have a job at the moment she had all the time in the world to clean and she was making use of it. I furrowed my brows, feeling like I was going to cry any moment. I have lost precious sleep.

"I'm never doing that again," I groaned, "Please tell me we don't look like the walking dead."

"I'm not going to lie," Xena said, as if that was the worst thing in the world she could possibly do.

"I would wear these glasses if the school wouldn't be deep in my ass for it," I muttered, frowning once the school came into view. No one was outside which meant we were double late. This may not mean anything to Curtis and me, but to Xena it was like being sent to hell. The only thing I heard was the car door slamming shut before she was infront of it, sprinting to the school doors.

"You want to skip the first session?" Curtis asked, exhausted. He began to wind up his car windows indicating that he was going to take a long nap before he came in.

"And have my mother kick my ass? No thank you," I tapped him on the shoulder, before pulling the car door open. I waved at him, then made my way through the parking lot and towards the school door.

The morning session passed by in a blur, mostly because I was sleeping inside the teacher's class which had them lecturing me almost the whole class time while I was struggling not to fall asleep again. My mother was definitely going to hear about this. To make matters worst I couldn't even understand the notes I wrote down because most of it was mixed together and some letters and words were missing. I'll have to get those notes from a different student.

Now, I was currently sitting in the cafeteria with two big slice of pizza and a apple juice. Curtis sat down beside me, smiling like a cheshire cat before he put a sealed energy drink infront of me. I grabbed the bottle like a thirsty dog, screwing the cork open before putting it to my mouth.

"Thank you. Did you drown yourself with this before you came inside?" I turned to look at him, seeing him with one of my pizza as he stuffed his mouth full. He nodded.

Xena slid in the seat infront of us before grabbing my other slice of pizza. "Guess what?"

"I'm not going to guess one shit until you both buy back my lunch," I scowled, blinking my eyes at her in disbelief.

They both ignored me and Curtis raised a brow, "What?"

"Natalie's throwing a party this weekend and we're going."

"What makes you think I'm going?" I asked, taking another sip of the drink.

"Because, Faye, we should. It'll be great. Besides, if I don't go I'm going to come off to the cheerleaders as uncool," She said, as if that was an obvious reason.

"You are uncool, Xena," I said, a look of annoyance fell over Xena's face before she gave me the finger. "I understand why you have to go but I don't understand why we have to go."

"Have you ever heard of friends having other friends back. Curtis is my ride and you're to make sure I don't get my self into trouble when I'm drunk. We both know we can't count on Curtis for the latter because he'll also be drunk," she said.

"Good to know that's all I am to both of you, a ride," Curtis grumbled.

I looked at him before spreading my arms as I watched him recoil from my actions, "Of course you're not." I said, moving closer to wrap my arms around him and snuggling in his chest, "You're also my loving Teddy."

"Gah, enough with the affection," Curtis said as he practically peeled me away from him.

"That maybe a good way but you're all forgetting one thing," I said, pausing for a second before I shamelessly continued, "I can't drive."

"And I don't trust anyone enough to let them drive my baby," Curtis popped in.

Xena pout, flicking her gaze back and forth between me and Curtis. I heard Curtis sigh, "Ugh. Fine."

"Curtis!" I gave him a look of betrayal.

"What?"

"I was counting on you to be strong for the both of us. But fine, then it's up to you both to figure out how to get my mother to agree with letting her precious daughter go to a party with horny teenagers, alcohol, boys with penises, and dirty music, did I say boys with penises?"

Xena grinned, "Done."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that Xena has her way of charming people and she has my mother completely fooled.

Curtis scoffed.

"I'm only going because I have to watch a dummy named Xena," he said, leaning back on the chair as he gave Xena a look. The young girl rolls her eyes.

I chuckled and leaned my head on his shoulder, "What time is it?"

"Twelve twenty-five," Xena replied, "You have something more important you want to do other than hanging out with your best friends?"

"Actually I do," I told her. "I want to go home."

Taking a deep breath, I stood up and grabbed my bag. "I'll be at the parking lot after school and please don't let me wait long."

"Okay," they respond, simultaneously.

I made my way through the cafeteria and my eyes suddenly made contact with a set of grey orbs. My heart beat pick up, but refusing to show the surprised look on my face I raised my brows. She blinked shaking her head before looking away again. I pursed my lips feeling awkward even though we weren't anywhere near each other. Looking away, I brushed my hair behind my ears before taking another deep breath. I told myself that I wouldn't mind her being here, but I was wrong. It has been only two weeks since the first day when I saw her, and I honestly still didn't know how to feel.

I shook my head, pushing the cafeteria doors open and stepping outside. Down the hall, as if not remembering that the hall wasn't a football field, Theo was walking towards the ball that was came to a stop only a couple feet away from me.  I moved towards the ball taking it up in my hold before looking at him and raising a brow, "You know, not because your mother is the principal it doesn't mean you should break the rules."

"Hello to you too," He answered, giving me a sarcastic smile. I cracked a smile, rolling the ball between my hands before tossing it to him. "I didn't know this was a rule, by the way."

I scoffed, "No school allows you to bounce balls in the hallway."

"Well I didn't get caught, did I?"

"If I could remember correctly, I just caught you doing it," I said.

"Your word against mine," He answered, bouncing the ball in his hand.

"I wasn't going to say anything, moron," I replied, moving past him.

"What's with you and calling people names?" Theo asked.

I turned around, giving him a smile, but before I could say anything the bell rang eliminating the quietness in the hall before the cafeteria doors were opened and almost everyone started pouring out. I looked on inattentively at the group of students as most of them push past me as if there wasn't enough space for them to walk.

"We'll get ready together then head over to Natalie so we can help her sort things out before the party," A cheerleader said, squealing along with her friends.

I frowned, "Am I the only one not excited for Natalie's party?" I asked as I looked at Theo, unknowingly catching a lot of attention around us.

Theo shrugged before pausing, flicking his gaze to some who was staring at me because of my confession. I never understood why everyone acted as if an invitation to her party was worth dying for. Theo flicked his gaze back to me, "You're going?"

"Yes, only because I'm being forced, you?" I asked.

Theo visibly froze and I furrowed my brows in confusion. I watched as he pondered on the thought.

"I...yes." he replied after a while, still looking unsure of his decision.

I raised a brow.

"I wasn't really planning on going. But Natalie's friends insisted," he explained.

I narrowed my eyes, "You don't have friends, do you?"

"Why would you assume that?" He questioned.

"Everytime I see you, you're alone."

Theo raised a brow, "That was all it took for you to decide that I didn't have friends?"

I pursed my lips and shrugged as I nodded, "Yes, pretty much."

"That's a pretty dumb way to decide," he mocked.

"Are you saying I'm dumb?" I asked as I shook my foot and looked up at him.

Theo shrugged, eyes meeting mine once again before a smirk came across his lips, "Nope."

I scowled, rolling my eyes as I shook my head, "You're calling me dumb."

Theo laughed, "No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. This is not the first time you said I was dumb. And if I am dumb then you're stupid," I exclaimed. A few passing students looking at me as if I was stupid.

I looked back at Theo who was trying to control his laughter. I rolled my eyes, "That's not funny."

"You're a miserable soul."

I made an offended face, "I am not."

"You are." he said, a smile plastered on his face.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I questioned.

Theo opened his mouth to say something before he paused, eyes glancing around us before looking back at me, "I don't think you've noticed, but we're late."

"Shit. This is your fault by the way."

Theo furrowed his brows looking at me as if I was crazy, "My fault? I wasn't holding your foot now was I?"

"As much as I'd love to stay here and argue with you, I have to get to class," I told him, "Ms. Assburg is going to give me her famous stink eye. So...um, bye."

~°~

So, of course, not even cute little me didn't get the chance to avoid the stink eye from Ms Assburg. I could've literally feel the glare burning my soul in hell. If it hadn't been for my attention span of a rabbit then I would've spent the whole class uncomfortable. Granted, she didn't spend the whole class glaring but it sure as hell felt like it.

Now, I was currently in Curtis's car as he drove and we listened to the awful voice of Xena singing around the back.

"I want to tell you guys something," she said after a ear shattering high note, if you could call a cracked up voice every few seconds and the sounds of choking one.

"What is it?"

"Dalton asked me out," She blurted out, smiling sheepishly as she looked at both of us as she wedged herself in the middle of the back seat.

"No!"

"Yes!"

"I can't believe this, he's finally noticed you after about ten years of going to the same schools together," Curtis said in a high pitched voice then squealed like a girl.

Silence filled the car as Xena and I looked at him.

"What?"

With narrowed eyes, I turned to Xena,  "Okay, that's good. But tell me you didn't tell those bitches with pom poms that you liked him."

Xena cringe, "I kind of did."

"Xena!"

"What? It not like it much of a big deal," she said.

Curtis and I looked at each other, I flicked my gaze to Xena's then smiled, turning around in my seat as I shrugged, "Okay."

Xena furrowed her brows, "O-Okay? Just like that?"

"Yes, of course. Atleast I'll have something to kill if he tries anything, that's all."

"Whenever you're ready," Curtis said, looking in the rear view mirror at a terrified looking Xena.

"You two scare me sometimes, you know that?"

Before I could answer Cutis pulled up to my house. "Aren't we dropping Xena off first?"

Xena scoffed, pulling the car door before making her way inside my house. We followed and I was relieved to see the house didn't looked trashed like it would usually do because of my nasty ass brother and the other one who won't hesitate to trash the place. When we got inside the house, Xena was already chatting my mother's ears off.

"I'm glad you're here, I'm going to run out to deal with a few things. I'm going to leave you with the boys," Mom said as soon as she saw me.

"Wow, Mom. Not even a minute inside," I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry. I've been waiting for you to get home in a while. Craig's asleep and Joshua hasn't come home yet."

I nodded, watching as she grabbed her bag. "Oh and Curtis, put your foot back on my coffee table and you won't have a foot."

I flicked my gaze to Cutis who had his legs raised to put them on the coffee table before he paused, immediately sitting straight.

"You just threatened a minor," He told my mother. I walked over to the chair and took a seat beside him.

My mother scoffed, "Yeah, yeah. I'm going. You guys are going to have to cook dinner."

It didn't take a long time before my mother was outside and her car was driving off. Xena marched towards the couch, wedged herself between Curtis and I before ripping the remote out of his hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 1.8K 25
Final book of the Jackson Series! Faye West is struggling to find friendship in college when Noah Jackson shows up, introducing himself as her new "...
108 21 17
What do you do when you find out that the one you have given your whole heart to was never yours to keep? That's a question Ariella has to navigate w...
2.5K 232 42
Mora has only ever focused on one thing. Her brother and their two best friends. Not a care in the world, except what kind of toppings they would eat...
51.3K 1.7K 78
[FEATURED ON WATTPAD; @StoriesUndiscovered] CARTER YOUNG has spent the last few months hiding from the spotlight with the hope of avoiding another he...