A Certain Scientific Academy...

By cheesecake_is_good

September 1ˢᵗ 00:00 Before a bullet shot from Amai Ao's can hit Accelerator's head but however, Accelerator... More

Chapter 1.2 - New Day in a New City
Chapter 1.3 - Extreme Sibling Squabbles
Chapter 1.4 - The Real Monster.
Chapter 1.5 - People, what a bother.
Chapter 1.6 - Meetings and Investigations
Chapter 1.7 - The Cryostasis Pod
Chapter 1.8 - Enigma
Chapter 1.9 - Calm before the Storm
Chapter 1.10 - Scavenger
Chapter 1.11 - Not quite finished.
Chapter 1.12 - Peace after trouble.
Chapter 1.13 - Lunch
Chapter 1.14 - Evening
Chapter 1.15 - Problematic Prelude
Chapter 1.16 - Sudden Strike
1.17 - Commence the Raid.
Chapter 1.18 - Fight for Seki.
Chapter 1.19 - Aftermath

Chapter 1.1 - New Beginnings

3.5K 138 48
By cheesecake_is_good

30th August 23:59

Bang!

A bullet shot from a pistol was headed towards the head of an albino teen boy around 16 with crimson red eyes and wore a black shirt with white stripes and grey jeans with ankle straps, this was none other than Accelerator but despite being the first-ranked esper in Academy City with the ever so powerful ability of Vector Manipulation.

However, he could not do anything to defend himself from a mere bullet as he was using all of his calculations to delete a virus from the brain of Last Order - a chestnut-haired girl around 10, who had her eyes closed and was wrapped in a blanket of sorts.

Accelerator was using bio-electricity to delete a virus from her brain, implanted by a scientist called Amai Ao, who was an ex-researcher of the Level 6 shift project, designed to make Accelerator a level-6 esper by killing 20,000 clones of the 3rd ranked esper, Railgun. The clones were known as the SISTERS and Last Order was one of them. In the end Accelerator felt guilty of killing them after he was defeated by a spiky-haired level-0, ending the project.

When using bio-electricity to delete the virus it used up all his calculations so he could not defend himself and all he could do was stare at the bullet approaching him ,waiting for his fate to come.

Accelerator: I was too naive. I thought I could save someone and start all over again.

He thought to himself in a disappointed tone. He stared at the incoming bullet accepting what is about to come. He accepted that this is where he ends and that it was the end of a villainous monster like him until...

1st September 00:00

Thump!

He fell forwards to the ground hard. When Accelerator looks at the ground he didn't see a single drop of blood anywhere to his surprise. He stood up to see that the car, Ao and Last Order had completely disappeared, it was as if nothing ever happened. To add on to the strange occurrence he heard the sound of a medium amount of traffic in the distance when there was nothing before in terms of background noise. He raised an eyebrow to these strange happenings.

Accelerator: Hah? Was I hallucinating and when was it this noisy? I never heard this before. 

As he looked around the empty street with his hands in his pockets until he hears the sound of his reflection barrier. He turns around to see that it was a newspaper with the headlines of 'New Level 5 Esper has been publicly announced!'. This of course intrigued the number #1 esper so he picks it up out of curiosity and starts reading the article relating to it and it said. 'As we all know Academy city with the population of 14.3 million people of which roughly 60% are espers  and out of them only 41 until now are level 5.'

Accelerator: what? Either this is nothing but total bullshit or I was sent to an alternate Academy city that is completely different to his one. That would explain the missing car and noise.

So far everything was strange and it left him staring at the newspaper lost in thought but he quickly as to not waste time snapped out of it and continued reading as if his theory was correct he would need to get some information about this Academy city as it is safe to assume the knowledge of the other Academy city is irrelevant despite the similarities. So he continued and it said 'As of now the newly announced level 5 esper has taken the second ranked title with the nickname 'Creator' with the ability of 'Matter Manipulation'.

Accelerator: huh Matter Manipulation what an interesting ability.

he continued reading, ',this makes the current top five level 5 rankings being from first to fifth rank Dark Matter, Creator, Triple, Waver, Railgun' . After seeing that he wasn't on there he first was taken back a bit then came came to a conclusion.

Accelerator: It seems I don't exist maybe my naive goal can be possible. heh.

After this thought a small grin grew on his face. He was also glad that there were familiar names in this Academy City. He continued to read all the articles on the newspaper to gather as much info as he can then dropped the newspaper and saw how it flew into the distance carried by a gust of wind dashing pass him. He decided to walk away to go find some coffee as he had around 10,000 yen in his pockets and hoped its the same in this academy city.

As he was approximately 10 meters from the end of the street he was on a group of thugs appeared in front of him and he recognized them to coincidentally be the same thugs he fought before he met Last Order, of course they wouldn't recognize him if the newspaper was not a bunch of fiction.

One was bald and muscular and wore a black tank top, while another had blonde spiky hair and wore sunglasses while another had neck-length black hair and all of them wore a smug look. One of the thugs spoke to him with a cocky and scummy tone.

Thug 1: Hehehe, it's just a scrawny kid.

Thug 2: Give us ya money or prepare to end up as a sack of broken bones.

Accelerator:Tch

Accelerator clicked his tongue in annoyance and just ignores them while continuing to walk towards the end of the street. He paused when a thug spoke to him with an agitated tone.

Thug 2: Don't ignore us! lets beat 'im.

Crack!

They all had charged at him with fists and bats directed towards the esper and just like when he first fought them they all got their wrists broken and Accelerator just kept walking and exited the street and continued his way to get some coffee as well as a tiny feeling of gratitude that the he didn't waste his time on the newspaper that it wasn't just a bunch of fiction on some pages.

When he walked along a main road he had noticed the human activity on the roads being greater than his original Academy city but decided to stop thinking about his original city as he thought he shouldn't reminisce about it since he probably has no chance to force himself back into that Academy city although the thought about Last Order came in his head and could only hope she had survived.

Accelerator: Tch. Why am I thinking about the brat it's going to be irrelevant anyways what am I good person? But do I really need to be the Villain anymore after all no one will see me for my power, is it possible to get a normal life?

Again he was stuck in his thoughts as really he didn't know if being sent here was a blessing or a punishment for a monster like him.

1st September 00:47

He arrived at a convenience store and was glad to see his favorite coffee exists here though instead of the cans being being black they were dark grey instead but Accelerator quickly brushed it off and took 10 of them as he needed to conserve his money, not that 10 is by no means still too many .He then continues to pay for his coffee to then have luck on his side yet again as the cashier accepts the money that Accelerator had on him then he exits the store carrying his coffee in a plastic carrier bag.

He was walking along the road after drinking the contents of one of his cans until he came across a dark and gloomy narrow-ish alleyway - only big enough to just about let a small car through ,which had the noise of running of multiple people as well as some shouting in it. Out of curiosity, he stops ,turns and starts walking through the alleyway. Although usually he would ignore it as it was not any of his business something deep down in him kept nagging at him to go and investigate it.

He kept walking in the alleyway and the further he went the gloomier it felt compared to his academy city these alleyways were dirty with some trash bags scattered around and few bits of litter scattered throughout the alleyway, though it was still reasonably clean compared to the rest world's alleyways.

When he got to a turn into a dead end he was close to the source of noise that he was attracted to. He turned around to see a black haired girl with dark greenish blue eyes wearing a blue sailor's school uniform with a medium length skirt and it was what he recognized to be a Sakugawa middle school uniform though he wasn't sure if that school even existed here.

The girl was being cornered by a group of 4 male thugs all of which are in their mid twenties. She was struggling to repel them by blasting them with air but could only slow them down - she appeared to be a level 1 esper according to the albino's observations. One of the thug spoke to her with a smug and scummy tone.

Thug 1: heheheh we got ye cornered

Thug 2: HAhaheh your ability is useless to us.

The other also had spoke with a scummy tone to his voice. Accelerator hadn't been not yet noticed and he was about to walk away and ignore it but decided not to. Though by no means he was hero but he thought to himself that he should compensate for the sin for slaughtering the sisters.

He also had a small feeling that he just wanted to help the poor girl at least he can change the course of her life for better as he knew a hero can't come out of the scummy monster he thought himself to be. He then spoke to the thugs with a cocky and curious tone.

Accelerator: Oye oye what are you third rates doing?

Thug 3: huh? are you trying to be a hero kid?

Accelerator: a hero? GYAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH

Accelerator laughed like the sadistic maniac he is.

Accelerator: No no ,don't compare me to those preachy bastards ,I'm just here to make you a sack of bones.

He put his bag of coffee cans onto the side of the alleyway then a smile grew on  his face.

Thug 1: DON'T BELITTLE US KID!!

3 of them charged at him with their fists only to get them broken and the 3 fell to the ground, he places each of his hands on 2 of them and using bio-electricity he makes them scream in pan and agony until fall unconscious. As Accelerator get up a bright green laser beam about half a meter in diameter shot by the thug ,who didn't charge at him, hits his reflection barrier and is sent right back to him but before it hit hims he says whilst in complete terror.

Thug 4:MONSTER!

And is then incinerated by his own beam. The the last conscious thug left was leaning on a wall with his broken wrist and Accelerator walked towards him but the thug pleaded.

Thug 2: I'm sorry man, just leave me ...

He proceeded to put his foot in the air, near thug's chest and applied forced onto it leaving a dent his chest without even touching his chest and all the thug could do was scream in agony.

Accelerator: Hah? No, you guys started it.

He took his foot of when the thug passed out. And the black haired girl just stared at the scene that just took place in front of her eyes in awe and muttered to herself.

Girl: a-amazing

Accelerator went to go pick up the bag with his coffee and started to walk away until the girl called him.

Girl: W-W-W-W-WAIT! Hold up will you?

Accelerator: Tch. What do you want?

He intimidatingly glares at her.

Girl: scary! I just wanted to thank you for saving me, so is there anything I can repay you with?

Though it would be nice to ask her for a place to stay his pride made it difficult to ask for such thing as he still had some after having it mostly destroyed by a certain spiky haired heroic level-0 bastard. So he reluctantly replied after a 'tch' with:

Accelerator: Can you provide a place to stay?

He said in a bored tone. The girl responded with a burst of confusion.

Girl:Eh?

Accelerator: Whats wrong with that?

He replies in a bored tone and it left the girl stuck in thought over the strange situation.

Girl: A place to stay? how does a powerful guy like him not have a place to stay but he still saved though. Sure ,but shouldn't we introduce ourselves.

Girl: I'll start first, Saten Ruiko student of Sakaguma Middle school, nice to meet you.

She said it in a friendly tone.

Accelerator: Accelerator.

He replies in a bored tone.

Saten: By the how is a guy like you homeless.

She said in a friendly yet teasing tone making the albino's eyebrow twitch in annoyance before clicking his tongue.

Accelerator: Tch. I'm not homeless!

He replies with annoyance.

Accelerator: And its complicated.

Saten: Okay, okay.

Saten responded with a more understanding tone. They both walk of together to make their way to Saten's Residence marking the beginning of how a certain albino appearing out of nowhere shakes up this new Academy city.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 347 43
This will be a story where the characters watch Accelerator. I do specifically mean Accelerator, the character from A Certain Magical Index, as well...
18.1K 576 26
In this story I'm aging the people of a certain scientific railgun by 1 year. But touma, index, motoharu, and other characters in toumas class are th...
372K 5.7K 33
A transfer student arrives at Kuoh academy part way through the year. He is oblivious to the supernatural and attracts the attention of a specific re...
15K 400 15
I have started a better version of this story so I recommend you read that instead. Thanks As soon as accelerator activated his platinum wings in his...