Of Runt

By kirabelle15

Reagan is a Runt. Reagan is also a fast tracker for her pack. So when they are under attack something changes... More

A/N
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Of Alpha
Of Fey
National sisters day
Of Luna
A/N
Of Runt
Of Mythical

2

25.1K 843 42
By kirabelle15

I roll on my side instantly regretting it as I do. Pain shoots through my body making me hiss out. "Reagan?"

I open my eyes to see my brother Declan. His brown hair is dirty and oily like he hasn't bathed yet. His light blue eyes are bloodshot and he has a beard growing. "Declan?" I rasp.

He walks to me and hugs me. I feel his tears hit my shoulder. "I thought, I thought I lost you too!" He cries.

"I'm fine," I try making him smile. He steps back as the door opens showing our Alpha. He is pale. Really pale. I bow my head. Why is he here?

"She's awake," Declan says clearly happy. Declan is not one of my quintuplets, he's our older brother by four years.

"Don't bow to me," Alpha Archer orders with a faint smile. I almost want to smile to see if that would help them.

"I'm sorr-"

"Don't be sorry, " Alpha adds and I nod my head. We fall into silence.

"What happened?" I ask them once the awkwardness of pure silence gets to me.

"You lost a lot of blood and it made it hard to find the person with the same O negative and we were pressed for time. "

"What are you getting at Declan. Wait do I have someones lung! " I shout making both men laugh.

"No you are being out under watch for a few weeks," Declan says nervously. He looks over at Alpha Archer with some sort of fear.

"Why?"

"You have my blood in your veins. I have O negative blood and I was the only one, at that time, capable of donating the blood," Alpha Archer explains. My heart stops, and I do mean literally, for a second. The heart monitor even picked it up. I have Alpha blood in me.

"But, but, but that's forbidden," I stutter. Declan nods his head slowly.

"It is. It so is and you could have died either way but I'm sure the Alpha blood would have been more painful," Declan mutters. An Alpha giving anyone that is not of the same rank is forbidden because the lower rank would die or become so over filled with anger and power.

"What's going to happen to me?" I whisper. Alpha Archer sets his jaw.

"Nothing and I promise you that. No one is going to hurt you." Alpha Archer seethes out.

"School? Work? What am I going to be able to do. I have a 4.0 GPA that I have to keep up!" The heart monitor shows that my heart is speeding up.

"The principal said he would have a tutor for you and you have a job?" Alpha Archer says. I nod my head while giving him a crazy look.

"I'm a tracker. I have training and pup watch and homework and and and-"

"Just relax. I have it all handled. I am the Alpha after all," Alpha Archer says. He seems rather confused himself.

"I'm going to get you food," Declan mutters as he leaves.

"I have everything under control as we wait this out," Alpha Archer says. Everything swirls in my head.

"You don't understand, Alpha! I had to work for my place! I am the runt out of six kids if you couldn't tell. I have no use besides tracking!" I shout at him.

"Calm down. Just take deep breaths."

"Have you even talked to the Alpha boy we captured?"

"Um, no. I've been here for a few days," he admits shyly. Wait days? Days!

"How long have I been out?"

"Four days. It could have been worse. All of your ribs were broke and you have bone fragments stuck in your lung. There was internal bleeding and slower healing," he lists off. I almost died. I out my head in my hands and tug at my hair. I could have died for my Alpha. The man standing in front of me.

"You died for five minutes," he adds. I tug harder at my hair. I actually did die!

"Where is Victor?" I ask horsely. I was at his house last night.

"Who's Victor?"

"One of my friends. I was at his house last night and I left as quickly as I could. Is he dead?" I ask looking at Alpha Archer expectingly.

"Man, you think I am dead. Your expectations of me must be low. Hello Archer." Victor says making me look up. Victor smiles at me. He too is a runt out of triplets but you can hardly tell. His brown hair is cut short and is usually spiked up. His eyes are a light brown with a few dots of green in them. He is tall and buff. He, like me, worked for his spot.

"You know Vic?" Alpha Archer asks. I nod my head as Victor gives me a hug.

"I told you about her. The little runt," Victor cooes picking at my hair. I slap at his hands.

"I do not remember you mentioning a Reagan. "

"She is the little baby out of quintuplets."

"I am not the baby. Jason is younger than me," I grumble. Victor rolls his eyes at me.

"Well, she is your Betas soon to be sister in-law, um in a way," Victor says moving to Alpha Archer.

"How do you know Alpha Archer?" I ask them. Victor smiles at me which could not be good.

"I am not allowed to tell," Victor says looking over at Alpha Archer.

"He is my younger brother. Are you the one that broke the stair?" Alpha Archer asks. I look down at my lap.

"I didn't know I broke it but I know I fell." Victor starts to laugh hard. He points at me while gasping for air. I feel my cheek heat up in embarrassment.

"We so have to watch the video!" I shift slowly when I start to get uncomfortable. I try to sit up but it doesn't work well.

"Need help?" Alpha Archer asks taking a step to me.

"No." I grunt trying to prop up pillows. Victor huffs and props them up for me. "I didn't need help."

"You always say that. " Victor laughs. I shoot him a glare. "You should know she will hardly ever ask for help." He adds looking at Alpha Archer.

"I don't doubt it."

"When can I get out if here? I hate hospitals. "

"A few days actually. Remember you have Alpha blood in you so you are going to heal faster."

"Days? Ugh!" I groan dragging my hands down my face. Victor sits on the edge of the bed.

"Wait how did you know we have an Alpha in captivity?" Alpha Archer asks suddenly.

"Because you asked me to get the highest rank as possible," I say slightly confused.

"No I ask two guys and a girl. I would remember if it were you," Alpha Archer replies. 

"You asked if I was of age." I say and let him think about it. "I also have his scent memorized too just in case."

"Oh, that's good."

"Also the white one was really slow."

"I'll check into that." Alpha Archer says as Victor moves beside me.

"Can you at least wake me up next time before you run out of the house?" Victor asks making me smile.
"I had more important things to do than spend an hour waking you up." I hiss.

"I find it amazing." Alpha Archer mutters probably talking to his wolf.

"What is it?" Victor asks.

"Has no one asked for you yet Reagan?" He asks. My throat dries.

"Yes, but my brothers didn't approve," I explain feeling a bit uncomfortable
It's not just of the personal envasion but lying to my Alpha.

"I seem to remember your name from somewhere," I chew the inside of my cheek while slightly shrugging.

I open my mouth but the doctor walks in with a smile. Doctor Gary. "Wait just stay like that." He says to me then his smile gets bigger.

"Don't you find it wonderful that she is still beautiful even though she is hurt?" He asks making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah you aren't fooling me old man." I grumble lowly. He throws his hands in the air.

"I'm only twenty!"

"So old," I say shaking my head. He keeps his smile up as he walks to me.

"Let me see those ribs. " he says. I look at him like he is crazy. "Alpha would you like to help?"

"Might as well." He says moving to me. He moves my covers and pulls my shirt up under my breast. Gary looks at my ribs. His eyes get wide. "Don't tell me. Is it that bad?"

"Um."

"Um? Is um good? Am I not going to die? Again?" I ask. Gary pokes my side and I flinch.

"Um, means you aren't bruised. You were black and blue this morning and now you are only experiencing soreness," Gary explains clearly fascinated with me.

"Which means?"

"Your compatible with the Alphas blood supply."

"So, I'm not going to go crazy?"

"Not that we can tell."

"What does it mean?" I ask slightly shaking.

"You're one special runt." Gary jokes. My head is spinning.

"When can I leave?"

"Tomorrow morning. We want to keep you over night just in case." He says. Alpha Archer pulls my shirt back down.

"What about her lung?" Alpha Archer asks. Victor is just standing awkwardly by the bed.

"Healed last night. It's remarkable really. No one has ever had this type of reaction to Alpha blood," Gary mutters.

"Keep this between us." Alpha Archer orders. Gary bows his head in response.

"Will do," Gary says then leaves. I hold back the groan.

"I have to go. The mom calls." Victor says with a laugh. He leaves. I have never been to a pack meeting with the Alpha so that's why I didn't know I have spent almost every weekend with our old Luna and the current Alphas runt brother.

"Rest. You are going to need it," Alpha Archer says sitting on the couch\bed.

"Are you staying here, Alpha?" I ask making him sigh. I'm completely surprised about this whole ordeal to be honest.

"I am. I can't leave until I know for sure you are safe. Not even my Beta can watch you. I knew what risk I was making when I gave you my blood." He says clearly tired.

"You've been here the whole time haven't you?"

He doesn't answer. My heart pounds and he can most likely can hear it. "You have a job to do. A pack to run so why put that on hold for me? A runt." He clenches his jaw.

"I don't have to explain myself Reagan. Would you rather have died?"

"If it was for the good of the pack."

"For the good if the pack? From what I gathered you were treated poorly and you would die for them?"

"We are all connected. Our souls come together to make a force so strong we can be unstoppable, but we do not acted connected. Would you die for me Alpha?" I ask and he goes quiet.

"Yes. You are my responsibly," he says turning away from me. I take this as a sigh to stop talking. I close my eyes willing sleep to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

574K 13.3K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
353K 8.8K 43
After her pack was attacked by Rogues, Lucinda had to take over the pack as her parents died during. She is only 16. With the help of everyone in the...
6.9M 234K 41
After an Alpha has given up looking for their mate, and they need a Luna to help run the pack, they will organise an event known as The Whipping. Fe...
3.3K 226 36
A werewolf marks another wolf's mate driving their pack, The Black Wolf, into a war with the girl's pack, Red Shadow. The solution was for a marriage...