The Business Rivalry

Galing kay LeaTheBae12

[TAGLISH] Rayni Fuentes has become a prominent figure in the luxury bags industry. Blaine Kingsley, on the... Higit pa

Untitled
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

377 13 0
Galing kay LeaTheBae12

🦪

Rayni

"Miss Fuentes, you currently have a total of thirty-seven unread emails waiting for you in your inbox." My friend/sister/secretary/executive assistant said.

"Okay, I'll check it later."

"Earlier today, I received a call from Mr. Lance Palma, who informed me that Miss Remi had expressed interest in scheduling a meeting to discuss the upcoming fundraising event." Minsan lang akong tawagan ni Remi regarding work so I'm intrigued.

"I'll give him a call at this moment to address the matter, thank you."

I reach for my phone and dial his number without delay, na agad niya din namang sinagot after the third ring.

"Good day, this is Lance speaking."

"Good day, Lance. This is Rayni."

"Hey, I'm glad to have finally reached you. Remi here." Sounds like nasa sasakyan sila, malamang on the way sa sched ni Remi.

"Great, so just to confirm, you would like to schedule an appointment with me, is that correct?" I need to know the details as soon as possible, as I am currently short on time and cannot engage in casual conversation.

"Always straight to the point." Remi chuckled. "Do you have any availability scheduled for this Friday at eight a.m.?"

"I'm sorry, but I currently have a lot on my plate. But, I may be able to accommodate you for a brief period of around twenty minutes. Would that work for you?" Knowing her, twenty minutes is too much. Napaka busy din naman nitong babaeng 'to, e.

Remi is a highly acclaimed musician who's widely recognized for her exceptional talent and contribution to the music industry.

Sa sobrang famous, hindi mo mareach. Char lang. Mabait naman siya hindi katulad ng ibang sikat na personalities na feeling entitled.

"Okay, I know I can count on you. And one more thing..." She stopped for a second. "The meeting will involve three individuals, including yourself and my, uh, she's my close friend who happens to be a CEO."

She, huh? I want to ask the name but I remember hindi ko pala naaalala mga pangalan ng mga ano. I'll just find out this Friday kung sino siya. 

"As long as she doesn't stare at me the whole meeting then, it's fine." Pero kung maganda naman siya, edi gora lang. HAHAHAH.

"You can rest assured that everything will be handled smoothly." She made a clicking sound with her tongue, which was followed by a deep sigh. "So, my place?" 

"I prefer not to have my name associated with yours and become the topic of discussion throughout the day. It would be better if we could arrange a meeting at my office." I've been inundated with a myriad of rumors at ayoko nang dagdagan pa. At least kapag dito siya pumunta iisipin nilang business ang pag-uusapan namin.

Dito pa naman sa Pinas kapag public figure ka at may nakakita sa 'yo sa labas with someone, Ili-link ka kaagad. Eh, may pagkaclingy pa naman 'to si Remi na hindi alam ng publiko. Though the public has knowledge that Remi and I know each other.

I acknowledge that my name carries a certain 'playgirl' reputation, which can make it challenging for anyone to be associated with me, particularly for individuals with a reputation to maintain like Remi, who is known for their impressive achievements and status in their field.

"Okay, fine. Thank you so much, Rayni."

"Don't mention it. It was the least I could do." After a conversation, we disconnected the call from each other's line.

✨ - ✨ - ✨ - ✨ - ✨

🍑

Blaine

As usual, I woke up at five a.m. and followed my daily routine.

Our penthouse is on the 32nd floor. Mag si-swimming muna ako sa swimming pool (obviously) sa ground floor at stairs climbing from 25th floor to ours.

Once I finished my morning routine, I took a few moments to get ready for the day ahead before heading downstairs to have breakfast. Feeling ko makikita ko na 'yong labidabs ko kaya mag white tayo. 🤭 Hay nako, nahawa na ako kay Hannah ng kakornihan.

"Good morning!" Bati ng impaktita kong best friend sa dining table.

"Sasabay ka ba sa 'kin papuntang office?" I settled down across the table from her and noticed that she was still in her nighties. Malamang hindi na naman 'to sasabay.

"No, 6:30 pa lang kaya," she said and then took a sip from her coffee cup.

"So? Alam mo. Ikaw lang 'yung secretary na late pumasok than your boss. Hindi ba dapat ikaw ang nauuna? You should wait for me, but no. I often find myself waiting for you."

Should I terminate this girl? She has become complacent in her work due to our sisterhood-like-friendship. Despite this behavior, I must admit that Hannah has been an exceptional EA up until now.

Mukha lang siyang engot pero may utak 'yan.

Mukha ding kalat este makalat but she's organized.

"7:30 a.m. ang pasok ng employees mo, Miss Kingsley and as one of your emplo—"

"I guess I'll have to begin the process of finding a replacement for my secretary, 'yung merong maximum level ng diligence sana. What do you think?" As the hot coffee flowed down my throat, I gazed up at her, my eyes locking onto hers, raising my eyebrow in a challenging and daring manner.

"Ito naman hindi mabiro, nagkakape lang po ako, e." I noticed a sense of discomfort in her expression. This observation led me to respond with a smirk. "Ire-report talaga kita sa DOLE niyan, sige ka." Her words were spoken in a hushed tone, as if she didn't want me to hear. Too bad, I was able to catch every syllable.

"Did you say anything, Hans?" I crossed my arms. "Ire-report naman kita sa DSWD. I will tell them that you are mentally retarded."

"Ang daldal mo po. Maliligo na nga ako at ng makapasok na tayo sa office." After finishing her meal, she stood up, collected all the utensils she had used, and washed them before heading upstairs.

Hannah is older than me by two years, pero feeling daw niya mas matanda ako. Lokong bata 'to eh.

I regret not leaving the house earlier and deciding to wait for Hannah instead, napakatagal kumilos. 6:50 na kami nakaalis and I was late. 7:15 a.m. na when we arrived at the office.

I quickly reach for my phone and dial Remi's number. Friday pala ngayon so may meeting kami.

Two days ago, I received a call from her, who requested to set up a meeting with me. She explained that the meeting was related to her upcoming fundraising event. I was happy to approve the appointment since it was business-related and I was curious to learn more about her event.

"Where are you?" I exclaimed as soon as she picked up her phone and answered my call.

"I just pulled into your parking lot. Do you want me to come up to meet you or are you on your way down to meet me here?"

"I'll go there. Give me eight minutes." After I finished my phone conversation, I immediately instructed Hannah to take over the reins for my upcoming meeting this morning. I wanted her to be in control and ensure everything ran smoothly in my absence.

"Saan ba kayo pupunta? Bakit hindi ako kasama?" Actually, I'm not aware of the location of the meeting nor the identity of the third person who will be attending it. Basta ang sabi niya tatlo kaming magdi-discuss and not to worry because we're all ladies daw, making me at ease.

"Hans, you have a meeting scheduled here and I also have one. Hindi kita pwedeng isama." Besides assigning Hannah to manage company meetings when I'm away, I also entrusted Miss Arcilla with the responsibility. Unfortunately, she's currently away on an on-site visit in Pasig to oversee the expansion project.

Based on my observations, I have concluded that out of every one of my employees, only Miss Arcilla and Hannah have consistently demonstrated their reliability and trustworthiness. As a result, I feel confident in designating her for that project.

"Sige, bigyan mo nalang ako ng pasalubong." Her look tells me that it's a nonsense pasalubong. "Chicks, 'yung maganda at sexy at may malaking futu—"

"Hans! Lower down your voice!" I looked around to see if someone heard her, good thing wala naman. Ako nahihiya dito sa vaklang 'to eh.

"Chill, baby Blaine. There's no one around. Larga ka na nga." She gently pushed me at ang loka and lakas pa ng loob tumawa, nako! Nanggigigil ako.

✨ - ✨ - ✨ - ✨ - ✨

"So, where's the meeting location?" As Remi takes charge of the steering wheel, I take the opportunity to ask her about the location of the meeting we are supposed to attend.

"Just wait and see." She then let out a teasing laugh.

What's wrong with her? Oh my gosh. What if she has intentions of trading me to a wealthy and old man?

"doRemi, I possess a significant amount of financial resources. I don't need—"

"Don't tell me you're thinking of me selling you to someone?" She laughed and glanced at me. "I want to assure you that I have no intentions of selling you to anyone. However, I am happy to act as a bridge or a wingwoman to help you connect with the right person," she said, smirking.

I can feel my heart racing and my palms getting sweaty. I'm unsure where she's taking me, and the uncertainty makes me uneasy. I'm hoping we're not going too far from where I'm familiar with.

Honestly, over the course of several years spent together narealize kong hindi mo pwedeng pagkatiwalaan ang mga kaibigan ko. This conclusion has been drawn from my personal experiences and observations of their behavior.

The number one rule in our closely-knit group, which we call The Dolls (or simply Dolls): we must never trust one another, particularly in matters that may seem trivial or insignificant.

"What are you talking about?" I wonder why all my friends are so peculiar and different from one another. It's as if I'm living in a world where everyone is unique in their own way, and I'm the only one who can't seem to fit in.

In short, mga baliw sila.

"I believe that this could be the ideal moment for you to meet someone who could potentially become your future... love." She wiggled her brows and grinned teasingly.

Kakaiba talaga saltik ng babaeng 'to, "Lucy, just to clarify, I accepted your invitation because it pertains to work matters, and not because it's related to a blind date." I don't have time for that. Not now.

"Blaine, Blaine, Blaine. Baka 'pag nakita mo siya, you will kneel down there and then and ask her to marry you." Natatawang sabi niya.

I fold my arms across my chest and lean back. "Sa kanya lang ako uuwi, ano." I'm referring to my forever crush.☺

Tumawa siya ng malakas at umiling-iling, "Paano ka uuwi sa kanya? She doesn't even know you existed."

I'm really controlling myself not to batok this friend because she's driving, pero 'yung patience ko inuubos niya.

"Don't worry, I'll make my move and introduce myself." I tossed my hair back, feeling confident after delivering my statement, making her shake her head in response.

Blaine Kingsley yata 'to. It's impossible for anyone to utter the word 'no' in my presence. Proven and tested na 'yan sa mga business partners ko.

"Here we are." I notice her fleeting glance darting towards the towering structure. Curiosity piqued, I follow her gaze, only to realize I'm completely taken aback by our current whereabouts.

Hold on. I knew this place! What the fuck?

"Wait... Remi?" As I stared at her, my mind was filled with confusion. Her lips curved up into a teasing smile, and her eyes twinkled mischievously. "This is...."

"The meeting location!" Her ugly laughter filled the car as she pointed toward a tall, majestic building that we had just passed by. She drove the car down to the underground parking lot of the establishment.

"Are you kidding me?! This is Rayni Fuentes' empire!" I replied, my tone laced with both shock and irritation.

-- 11/07/2022, 18:37 PHT --

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

182K 7.3K 55
[GxG] Avery Carlisle is a spoiled rich college girl. She always gets what she wants and desires in her life. She flashes her smile to the world, but...
19.1K 1.6K 40
Morgan *completed* A filler between (book 4-5) of the Alberta series. Morgan Keaton...unlucky in love, that is an absolute understatement. I'm curse...
34.3K 2K 70
Mila James is desperate for a job, so desperate in fact, she decides to approach billionaire businesswoman, Scarlet Ramirez. Despite knowing nothing...
410K 11.8K 44
in which a shy florist falls in love with a flirty mafia boss. β”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ€€Β°?Β°β€€β”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆβ”ˆ gwendolyn westbrook has spent her life filled with schoolwork and stress...